Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Quintessential Quintuplets
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 25, 2023 2:03 AM

Jun 2021
Nice pool episode. Yotsuba deserved the win. My favorite harem anime ended here:(
Sep 26, 2023 2:20 AM
Jun 2020
Was this supposed to make us feel that youtsuba deserved to win? By making a sad montage of her...if so then this did a bad job. Miku should have won...
Sep 26, 2023 2:14 PM

Aug 2014
very nice specials! art, quality, story, oppai animation and everything ;]

I wonder.. this pool water slide with pontoons wasn't made after real one? I've been in two biggest in Japan (one Nagashima Spa) and never seen such big water slide, actually not even in Europe...
Thyriad-oPPailovSep 26, 2023 4:25 PM
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Sep 28, 2023 3:20 PM

Jul 2016
Based Shaft for putting the budget where it matters most. Nino's ass and Miku's boobs had probably more animation than the entirety of Season 1 and Movie combined.
Also CHAINS! Oh so lustrous chains~
Sep 29, 2023 2:31 PM

Jul 2013
The ending was pretty depressing, and the fact this is going to be the last animated entry of the series didn't help. At the very least Yotsuba ended up getting her victory at the end. I'm glad the series ended with the incredible animation of Shaft. In some parts it looked better than the movie, even.
Oct 7, 2023 1:43 PM

Sep 2023
Just finished this and then the movie. I know many people hate the ending and while I was shipping Miku hard, I thought the ending was quite good and ultimately made sense. I was spoiled who the best girl was beforehand but I am happy I got to see the specials before the movie as it helped convey why Fuutarou chose Yotsuba.

Of course the pacing of the movie was not great as there was just too much material for 2 hours of screen time but overall I thought it was well executed and gave closure to each of the quints.

My heart sank though when Miku told Nino “It’s over”. Now I’m left with the void of post-anime depression :(
Oct 14, 2023 6:24 AM

Nov 2010
That resort is super strict about not allowing people with tattoos. I've never seen a resort like that yet.

Itsuki looks absolutely stunning in that swimsuit! I guess I'm just biased about her color scheme. Red is one of my favorite colors. Nonetheless, the other girls looked excellent! As I've said in the previous episode, Shaft's animation quality made them look so much more beautiful! I love the scenes showing off their delicious curves!

Initially, I was totally into Miku, but after watching the rest of the series, Itsuki has become my favorite. I still think she has the best chemistry with Fuutarou and that he should've married her.

I'm still a bit salty that Yotsuba won because she's the first girl Fuutarou met and changed him for the better. In terms of making an effort for the love of Fuutarou, it's a difficult choice between Miku and Nino, IMO.
Oct 16, 2023 4:52 PM

Jan 2019
This was a perfect end to this series for me. A third GOATed OP, the quints in swimsuits and I'm now one hundred percent sold on Yotsuba as best girl.

So I bid a fond farewell to a wonderful series, you will be missed.

Oct 20, 2023 8:43 PM
Jan 2021
we stan yotsuba, she is really sweet not only to futaro but also her sisters aswell.
although miku top teir
Nov 7, 2023 12:56 PM

Jul 2014
So, uhh, why did they not adapt these chapters in the movie in the first place? Granted, they still don't make the Yotsuba-Futaro relationship work for me, but cutting such important chapters for Yotsuba was absolutely baffling.
Nov 13, 2023 5:28 AM

May 2021
goddamn animation and movements/jiggles, peak Shaft afterall. they should've been the ones adapting it from the start.

miku and nino will always have me in a chokehold.
Nov 21, 2023 7:05 AM

Oct 2018
what a beautiful episode with our quintuplets in bikini for go to the pool ^^
Miku is my favourite <3
Dec 7, 2023 9:54 PM
Sep 2023
my favorite anime of all time, it's a masterpiece and I give this a lot of pressure, thank you Negi Haruba for creating this characters <3
Dec 22, 2023 9:51 PM
Nov 2018
I think I enjoy Shaft's interpretation of the series the most. It would have been cool to see their style for the two seasons and the movie. Also the Yotsuba scenes hit hard and I wish it was in the main seasons to give it more impact, but what's done is done. It was nice revisiting the 5-toubun again after a while!
Dec 30, 2023 5:42 PM
May 2017
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Jan 10, 7:15 AM
Jan 2024
Yotsuba Best girl
Feb 2, 9:15 PM

Aug 2017
A good episode, though Yotsuba is my least favorite girl. Nice, heavy harem action in the first half with the fanservice.

Embient said:
I believe that Itsuki wasn't at any point in love with Futaro. What do you think?

She was the most platonic, but they got close during the arc where she went to his house and played with his sister.

jarvis_kjellberg said:
Was this supposed to make us feel that youtsuba deserved to win? By making a sad montage of her...if so then this did a bad job. Miku should have won...

I agree. Anyone else winning would have been better. The Promised girl does not have to win.
CarbonMDFeb 2, 9:20 PM
Mar 5, 11:47 AM

Apr 2013
Well that was a pretty good episode. First some nice fanservice and then we get a bit of Yotsuba's PoV in the second half.
Mar 7, 11:23 PM
Apr 2022
MIKUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Mar 25, 12:05 PM
Sep 2023
nino on top fr, whoever says miku im gonna blow him up
Mar 27, 9:53 PM

Jul 2007
Like another user, I was spoiled a while back about Yotsuba being the end girl but I didn't have any context. I've never disliked her but I rewatched S1 and S2 before this and it was interesting to keep in mind her special status. Still, these OVAs were nice to give some context on her thoughts and feelings. I do question if it would have been more impactful to have these scenes sprinkled throughout the series when they happened and give us insight into Yotsuba so we could root for her in earnest instead of a shock value at the very end. All this time, she seemed so aloof to me. Anyway, it was nice to see, even if I don't fully understand why she is being so hard on herself (guessing it will be explained).

The pool part of this episode was nothing short of amazing. Beautifully animated, lovely colors, the whole thing. All the girls had such cute swimsuits. And I was surprised at how bold Miku was (no complaints!). I found the moment with Itsuki both endearing and hilarious too.

Overall, a great episode. I haven't watched the movie yet, so that will be next. Then finally, after all this time, I will have a conclusion!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Why Itsuki's fan following got boomed suddenly?

BananaBond - Apr 24

13 by saketsahu »»
Apr 25, 8:51 AM

Poll: » Who would you choose ?

lightning_angad7 - Aug 12, 2023

14 by Gator »»
Mar 5, 11:50 AM

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome∽ Episode 1 Discussion

Homura24 - Jul 13, 2023

38 by Gator »»
Mar 5, 11:20 AM

» How am I even suppposed to pronounce this?

enrosurobakia - Apr 2, 2023

21 by dicloflom »»
Feb 3, 12:16 AM

» Will this give a different ending to each girl?

CrowsAlchemy - May 6, 2023

14 by CarbonMD »»
Feb 2, 9:39 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.