Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 8, 2023 12:55 AM
Jun 2023
Sep 8, 2023 1:15 AM
Nov 2018
I know Marianne didn't get much screen time but I would almost figured she would be Neutral Evil with Charles. They both had the same goal and both believe Lelouch and his sister did die they could be resurrected with Ragarok
Sep 8, 2023 1:15 AM
Nov 2022
This is lawfully obvious!
Sep 8, 2023 2:03 AM
Jun 2023
01bestanimeAOT said:
make a new category for nina, cause she ain't chaotic neutral

Sorry no shit character tier list
Sep 8, 2023 2:04 AM
Jun 2023
Moppit said:
I know Marianne didn't get much screen time but I would almost figured she would be Neutral Evil with Charles. They both had the same goal and both believe Lelouch and his sister did die they could be resurrected with Ragarok

She didn’t get much screen time but she never gave Charles’s vibe of "Fuck the weak people". She must not be evil for every character to love her so much
Sep 8, 2023 3:02 AM
May 2022
Suzaku’s original intentions might have been pure, but if we define evil by one’s actions he definitely falls under that category (at least for most of the series). Choosing to quell rebellion from anti-imperialist freedom fighters—and in effect ignore the extreme plight of the less fortunate colonial subjects—all for some dumb idealistic notion of “changing the system from within” is an awful look. I’d put him in the lawful evil category; that being said, I’d put anyone who fought for or aided Britannia in the evil tier (maybe with the exception of Euphemia), because they’ve actively contributed to oppressive power of the military industrial complex and the further subjugation of their supposedly “racially inferior” enemies.
AkiraMiyazaki17Sep 8, 2023 3:06 AM
Sep 8, 2023 3:49 AM
May 2023
Ishinashi422 said:
shit anime shit author

Keep crying pedoshoku tensei fanboi.
Sep 8, 2023 4:29 AM
Feb 2022
spoilers for all of code geass
BasedYosukeSep 8, 2023 4:36 AM
Sep 8, 2023 7:01 AM
Nov 2018
matraph00 said:
Moppit said:

She didn’t get much screen time but she never gave Charles’s vibe of "Fuck the weak people". She must not be evil for every character to love her so much

Marianne completely agreed with Charles what he was doing was for everyone else own good. When Lelouch disagree with them she started calling him a "wicked" child that didn't know better. I know it's just my opinion but I feel if V.V. didn't get rid of her from the beginning she would of been a force that would stood side by side with Charles.
Sep 8, 2023 10:10 AM
Jun 2023

Are they good or bad?
It’s not about killing people (either them being Japaneses or Britannians) or which side you are on. There are good and evil people on both side. It’s about their beliefs.
Yes Suzaku is on the wrong side but he is still trying to help people, only by not starting a war. And in fact, Suzaku’s way would probably have worked at some point and maybe even someday made the Japaneses people equal to the Britannians. Only a lot more people would have died before they got there without a revolution. So Suzaku is 100% good. Ok maybe 99%. He is not doing what he does to oppress and kill people. He does it to end the war and bring back peace because he doesn’t want people to die in a war.

Marianne has the same goal than Charles but how is she as a person? Did she share the beliefs with Charles that if you are weak, you should die? Maybe she disapproved of him oppressing the weak but she still was with him because she approved of his plan as a whole. Take Game of Thrones for example. Marjory married Joffrey but she wasn’t evil like him. She had the same objectives as him as to rule the kingdom. But she was helping the poors and being kind to them. She is good or at least neutral, while Joffrey is pure evil. Same for Marianne, as far as we know since we never saw her oppress anyone or help anyone. She could be good or evil but for now she just seems to be neutral aka doing her own shit and not caring
matraph00Sep 8, 2023 10:47 AM
Sep 9, 2023 6:16 AM
Aug 2021
Correct, from a certain point of view...
Sep 9, 2023 4:49 PM
Degenerate Queen

Jan 2022
What did Milly do that puts her in the "chaotic neutral" category?
Sep 9, 2023 4:54 PM
Degenerate Queen

Jan 2022
matraph00 said:

Are they good or bad?
It’s not about killing people (either them being Japaneses or Britannians) or which side you are on. There are good and evil people on both side. It’s about their beliefs.
Yes Suzaku is on the wrong side but he is still trying to help people, only by not starting a war. And in fact, Suzaku’s way would probably have worked at some point and maybe even someday made the Japaneses people equal to the Britannians. Only a lot more people would have died before they got there without a revolution. So Suzaku is 100% good. Ok maybe 99%. He is not doing what he does to oppress and kill people. He does it to end the war and bring back peace because he doesn’t want people to die in a war.

Marianne has the same goal than Charles but how is she as a person? Did she share the beliefs with Charles that if you are weak, you should die? Maybe she disapproved of him oppressing the weak but she still was with him because she approved of his plan as a whole. Take Game of Thrones for example. Marjory married Joffrey but she wasn’t evil like him. She had the same objectives as him as to rule the kingdom. But she was helping the poors and being kind to them. She is good or at least neutral, while Joffrey is pure evil. Same for Marianne, as far as we know since we never saw her oppress anyone or help anyone. She could be good or evil but for now she just seems to be neutral aka doing her own shit and not caring

I agree with you on Marianne being in the right alignment, since she did seem to care for her children but I do not agree with Suzaku being in the same alignment as Nunnally. Nunnally was purely innocent and even cried for her brother after the ending, where Suzaku did much of the thing Lelouch did all because he wanted to "help" Japan. And let us not forget that he, like Lelouch, murdered his own family member in order to try and "help" Japan. I think they should both be in the same alignment since they both commit the same acts all in the name of trying to help people.

And he also took on the mantel of Zero after killing Lelouch, showing he is willing to kill his best friend in order for what is good for the people, and for Nunnally.
Sep 9, 2023 5:21 PM
Jun 2023
ErogakiPatches said:
matraph00 said:

Are they good or bad?

I agree with you on Marianne being in the right alignment, since she did seem to care for her children but I do not agree with Suzaku being in the same alignment as Nunnally. Nunnally was purely innocent and even cried for her brother after the ending, where Suzaku did much of the thing Lelouch did all because he wanted to "help" Japan. And let us not forget that he, like Lelouch, murdered his own family member in order to try and "help" Japan. I think they should both be in the same alignment since they both commit the same acts all in the name of trying to help people.

And he also took on the mantel of Zero after killing Lelouch, showing he is willing to kill his best friend in order for what is good for the people, and for Nunnally.

Suzaku literally is THE guy who is all about obeying the law and change the society by being part of it. He is not about chaos at all.

Milly is tho. She is pretty much an agent of chaos. The whole show she is just there creating chaos at school, in a micro society. She would do the same if she was Prime Minister of Japan but on a larger scale than she did as President of the school.
Sep 9, 2023 9:36 PM
Degenerate Queen

Jan 2022
matraph00 said:
ErogakiPatches said:

Suzaku literally is THE guy who is all about obeying the law and change the society by being part of it. He is not about chaos at all.

Milly is tho. She is pretty much an agent of chaos. The whole show she is just there creating chaos at school, in a micro society. She would do the same if she was Prime Minister of Japan but on a larger scale than she did as President of the school.

Yes, that is what Suzaku SAYS he is about but his actions show he is very different in many ways. He acts superior but, as Lelouch points out throughout the show, he is not like that at all, especially since he killed his own father. Not to mention he changes so much towards the very end of the show.

And yeah, Milly did cause chaos in the school, but what has she done that would make her not neutral in the political or war side of things? She becomes a reporter, sure, but she still stays very neutral especially when confronted with Nina and all her batshit ideas. She even stays out of Lelouch's way and never gives him up as being a royal while he lives at the school. The only thing you could say makes her chaotic good is her being a reporter and refusing to marry even though her family wants her to. But that could be argued makes her even MORE neutral as she does not want to become a part of noble life again and wants to live a much more normal life, if you could call it that. She refuses to become a part of politics, only wanting to report on it.
Sep 9, 2023 11:10 PM
Jun 2023
ErogakiPatches said:
matraph00 said:

Yes, that is what Suzaku SAYS he is about but his actions show he is very different in many ways. He acts superior but, as Lelouch points out throughout the show, he is not like that at all, especially since he killed his own father. Not to mention he changes so much towards the very end of the show.

And yeah, Milly did cause chaos in the school, but what has she done that would make her not neutral in the political or war side of things? She becomes a reporter, sure, but she still stays very neutral especially when confronted with Nina and all her batshit ideas. She even stays out of Lelouch's way and never gives him up as being a royal while he lives at the school. The only thing you could say makes her chaotic good is her being a reporter and refusing to marry even though her family wants her to. But that could be argued makes her even MORE neutral as she does not want to become a part of noble life again and wants to live a much more normal life, if you could call it that. She refuses to become a part of politics, only wanting to report on it.

Milly doesn’t need to take a political side in the war to cause chaos. Mao doesn’t give a shit about the war still you are not arguing about him being in chaotic. He causes chaos in his part of life. Milly causes chaos in her part of life. She is chaos. The whole chart has nothing to do with which side people are in in the war but about their beliefs.

How is Suzaku acting superior meaning that he canlt be lawful? He is still following the law and try to keep the peace and avoid any war. It’s also the reason why he killed his own father. To stop a war and bring back peace even if it meant losing. Bringing up him killing his father only reinforce my point about him being lawful
Sep 9, 2023 11:31 PM
Degenerate Queen

Jan 2022
Reply to matraph00
ErogakiPatches said:
matraph00 said:

Milly doesn’t need to take a political side in the war to cause chaos. Mao doesn’t give a shit about the war still you are not arguing about him being in chaotic. He causes chaos in his part of life. Milly causes chaos in her part of life. She is chaos. The whole chart has nothing to do with which side people are in in the war but about their beliefs.

How is Suzaku acting superior meaning that he canlt be lawful? He is still following the law and try to keep the peace and avoid any war. It’s also the reason why he killed his own father. To stop a war and bring back peace even if it meant losing. Bringing up him killing his father only reinforce my point about him being lawful
@matraph00 Then why bring up her doing the same if she was in a political position? And leaving out such an important part of every single character's story is a bit strange, especially for an alignment chart. I do not argue about Mao being chaotic due to his attempt to kidnap C.C. by cutting her up, kidnapping Nunnally, holding Nunnaly hostage, and trying to kill Lelouch and Suzaku, as well as all the stuff with Shirley.

How was murdering his father being lawful? That is against the law, last I checked. And again, he does much of the same things as Lelouch does all for the sake of "helping" Japan. Lelouch kills his own brother in order to bring about peace, as well as killing his sister when she goes crazy due to his own actions. Suzaku tries to help people, and does at times, but so does Lelouch. And, again, Suzaku kills Lelouch and takes up the mantle of Zero all for peace. Suzaku acts like he is all about being "lawful", but does much of the same things as Lelouch does.
Sep 10, 2023 12:33 AM
Jun 2023
ErogakiPatches said:
@matraph00 Then why bring up her doing the same if she was in a political position? And leaving out such an important part of every single character's story is a bit strange, especially for an alignment chart. I do not argue about Mao being chaotic due to his attempt to kidnap C.C. by cutting her up, kidnapping Nunnally, holding Nunnaly hostage, and trying to kill Lelouch and Suzaku, as well as all the stuff with Shirley.

How was murdering his father being lawful? That is against the law, last I checked. And again, he does much of the same things as Lelouch does all for the sake of "helping" Japan. Lelouch kills his own brother in order to bring about peace, as well as killing his sister when she goes crazy due to his own actions. Suzaku tries to help people, and does at times, but so does Lelouch. And, again, Suzaku kills Lelouch and takes up the mantle of Zero all for peace. Suzaku acts like he is all about being "lawful", but does much of the same things as Lelouch does.

Lelouch starts a revolution. He disrupts the order. That’s chaos. Suzaku killed his father to end the war and the revolution, bring back order, save people’s life. That’s all lawful.
Lawful in an alignment chart is not necessarily following the law. It’s way deeper than that. It’s at the opposite of chaos. It’s order, it’s peace, it’s the government and working with it. Then if you work with the government to oppress your people or to try and change it decides if you’re lawful good or lawful evil
Sep 10, 2023 12:33 PM
Dec 2015
How is Orange not lawful ?
Sep 10, 2023 4:12 PM
Jun 2023
Phypo said:

I could see it but while doing the chart I was thinking about the moment after Clovis died where he tried to take over Japan and then when he was trying to prove himself and didn’t want to follow the orders to stay in the back
Sep 10, 2023 10:35 PM
Dec 2015
matraph00 said:
Phypo said:

I could see it but while doing the chart I was thinking about the moment after Clovis died where he tried to take over Japan and then when he was trying to prove himself and didn’t want to follow the orders to stay in the back

That can be considered as character developpement. But look, when he learns that Lelouch is Zero, he's loyal to him
Sep 11, 2023 10:27 AM
Jun 2023
Phypo said:
matraph00 said:

That can be considered as character developpement. But look, when he learns that Lelouch is Zero, he's loyal to him

He is loyal to Lelouch. That was a complete shift in his character. Some of the characters aren’t the same at all by the end. Cornelia for example went from evil at the beginning killing Elevens beacuse racism to helping them in the last episode. We could say that she is not evil because in the end she doesn’t seem to kill innocents anymore but I chose to rank her based on her belief for the majority of the show since I think it’s more representative of her character. Jeremiah has got the same problem for that. Personally, I saw him more like a chaotic character for the majority of the show ready to fuck shit up to attain his objectives
Sep 11, 2023 10:32 AM
Dec 2015
matraph00 said:
Phypo said:

He is loyal to Lelouch. That was a complete shift in his character. Some of the characters aren’t the same at all by the end. Cornelia for example went from evil at the beginning killing Elevens beacuse racism to helping them in the last episode. We could say that she is not evil because in the end she doesn’t seem to kill innocents anymore but I chose to rank her based on her belief for the majority of the show since I think it’s more representative of her character. Jeremiah has got the same problem for that. Personally, I saw him more like a chaotic character for the majority of the show ready to fuck shit up to attain his objectives

It's been years since I watched CG, but iirc, he was loyal to Marianne and became loyal to Zero after learning he is Lelouch, Marianne's son
That's very loyal to me
Sep 11, 2023 3:42 PM
Jun 2023
Phypo said:
matraph00 said:

It's been years since I watched CG, but iirc, he was loyal to Marianne and became loyal to Zero after learning he is Lelouch, Marianne's son
That's very loyal to me

As I said, I agree that he could be placed in Lawful neutral, only I consider him chaotic at times
Sep 11, 2023 10:28 PM
Dec 2015
matraph00 said:
Phypo said:

That's very loyal to me

As I said, I agree that he could be placed in Lawful neutral, only I consider him chaotic at times

That's not how alignement works x)
Sep 11, 2023 10:37 PM
Jun 2023
Phypo said:
matraph00 said:

That's not how alignement works x)

Why? Tttttttttttt

More topics from this board

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Chilli-Kun - Apr 11, 2008

278 by pargz »»
May 13, 8:44 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 24 ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

windy - Jul 29, 2007

241 by sharosharo »»
May 12, 8:46 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Crystal - Mar 29, 2007

216 by sharosharo »»
May 12, 8:18 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Crystal - Mar 22, 2007

391 by sharosharo »»
May 12, 7:47 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

babykeiji - Feb 23, 2008

166 by sharosharo »»
May 12, 7:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.