Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 7, 2023 12:59 AM

Jun 2012
Title. Nothing really else needs to be said, the manga was also beautifully written. Easily the best Isekai to ever have been made, and probably always will be. Most likely will be multiple years before we see something even in the same realm that's worth comparing to Mushoku that's an isekai. So, make sure to enjoy it.
Sep 7, 2023 1:10 AM
May 2021
Ya it's easily one of the best isekei rn
Sep 7, 2023 1:14 AM
Aug 2020
yes, but i wish they could have at least tone down some of the sexually explicit materials so that some audiences (minor) can watch this masterpiece.
egosumjkmSep 7, 2023 1:25 AM
Sep 7, 2023 1:31 AM
Apr 2021
Started reading the novels as this season is airing. Such a rich world, anime is great on it's own but the extra worldbuilding is great. The extra perspective from characters besides Rudeus is also great.

In this anime season Mushoku Tensei is pretty much the one show I am anticipating every new episode from.
Sep 7, 2023 2:01 AM
Nov 2019
Wouldn’t say a masterpiece but this new season has solidified Mushoku Tensei as my favorite isekai, it’s de throned re zero for me maybe re zero can get the title back in S3
Sep 7, 2023 2:26 AM
Feb 2012
Reply to egosumjkm
yes, but i wish they could have at least tone down some of the sexually explicit materials so that some audiences (minor) can watch this masterpiece.
@EgoSumMaple MT is definetily not for minor audience. I am surprised MT is not regarded as Seinen anime.
Sep 7, 2023 2:45 AM
May 2023
Cdmas said:
@EgoSumMaple MT is definetily not for minor audience. I am surprised MT is not regarded as Seinen anime.

LN or Anime doesn’t specify their target demographic
Sep 7, 2023 3:25 AM

Apr 2022
I prefer Re:Zero, but if you think MT is better it's fine. Both are really incredible and transcend what I expected of an Isekai
Sep 7, 2023 4:45 AM

Jul 2015
Worldbuilding can only be matched by Tensura, but character development and cast of characters is second to none. Also phenomenal animation.
I honestly believe it is #1 Isekai anime. ReZero is close second

Sep 7, 2023 5:07 AM

Feb 2021
Peak light novel writing.

Orc Eroica by the same author is also really good.
Sep 7, 2023 5:07 AM

Jan 2021
Such a good world wasted on pathetic characters.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Sep 7, 2023 5:36 AM

Oct 2021
Agreed. It's so good that not even Re:Zero can catch up with MT's quality of writing.
Sep 7, 2023 6:08 AM
Jul 2022
PyGno_ said:
I prefer Re:Zero, but if you think MT is better it's fine. Both are really incredible and transcend what I expected of an Isekai

Yeah I like the story rezero is telling more than Mt to but both are really good
Sep 7, 2023 6:23 AM

Sep 2020
Umm are we watching the same show?

Arteta's Tricky Reds!

Sep 7, 2023 6:31 AM
Jul 2021
Agreed. I love the LN so much. It's such a beautiful story. Dom Toretto would be proud of it.
Sep 7, 2023 8:26 AM

Oct 2015
LN is the source material, not the manga…..

I don’t believe that there are fictions that can be considered masterpiece because every fictions have flaws such as Vol 13 and Vol 18 of MT.

My favourite isekai is a VN known as Muv-Luv, followed by Sasaki And Peeps (LN).

I know a lot of LN readers choose Ascendence Of Bookwom over Mushoku Tensei as their favourite isekai but I have not read Ascendence Of Bookworm yet. :/
Sep 7, 2023 10:26 AM

Jan 2020
Yea I enjoy it, but the over the top perversion does get on my nerves.
Sep 7, 2023 10:50 AM
Jul 2020
EgoSumMaple said:

You think minors don’t watch this shit?

Such naivety.
Sep 7, 2023 10:59 PM
Jul 2021
For me it's a decent series at best atm, forget about it being the best isekai, let alone a masterpiece lol.

Well, I don't care much about this and the Mecha genre in particular anyways so it doesn't make much difference to me.
Sep 8, 2023 1:10 AM
Apr 2021
It's pretty good, not a masterpiece in my opinion.I enjoyed overlord and konosuba more(I haven't watched re zero)
Sep 8, 2023 4:22 AM
Aug 2021
I'm surprised to how much I'm enjoying S2, I was sceptical in S1 because damnit, some scenes were really cringe. But I feel like very much like Re:Zero, S2 ups the quality of the show and his antics are more manageable.

Also, I love that we actually get to see how his past traumas are in general a strong factor to the story.
Sep 8, 2023 6:47 AM
Sep 2019
THE BEST ISEKAI OUT THERE
(yeah re:zero fans MT is the best).
Sep 8, 2023 7:07 AM
Aug 2020
Isekai-Enjoyer said:
EgoSumMaple said:

Such naivety.

then let me rephrase it family friendly "simultaneously watching"
Sep 8, 2023 7:28 AM
Jul 2020
EgoSumMaple said:
Isekai-Enjoyer said:

Such naivety.

then let me rephrase it family friendly "simultaneously watching"

Well, damn.

Now that’s an actual issue lol.

I mean, if they’re 14/15 or above, there shouldn’t be any big problems anyways. Mushoku ain’t that heavy.

And if they’re younger than that, they wouldn’t get the story anyways so there’s no point.
Sep 8, 2023 9:20 AM
Feb 2022
Reply to Omar3367
THE BEST ISEKAI OUT THERE
(yeah re:zero fans MT is the best).
@Omar3367 Nah Re Zero is best isekai.
Sep 9, 2023 4:57 PM
Degenerate Queen

Jan 2022
EgoSumMaple said:

Man, not just for minors but for people who do not want to see Rudy acting like a gross perv towards women. It may actually make more women want to watch it; I even have trouble watching it at times as a woman.
Sep 11, 2023 7:19 PM

Jan 2016
I guess its alright to say its the best isekai because a majority of isekai suck balls.

"Get your tentacles off me or ill make calamari out of your manhood" -Mirai Nikki Dub
Sep 11, 2023 8:35 PM

Jun 2015
VivavideoUser2x said:
I guess its alright to say its the best isekai because a majority of isekai suck balls.

This. MT is good but it's no masterpiece, the competition is just so shitty that it stands out.
Sep 12, 2023 3:34 AM

Jan 2019
It's so funny when people think this garbage is even same level as Re:Zero.

If MT is 2/10 then Re:Zero is 78/10.

Sad people think background art, some animation = good

Re:Zero S3 will slap every anime so hard, people would never think something like this stupid ever again even Re:Zero haters who hiding behind Generic Tensei.

If you are Re:Zero fan who think both are peak then you are not Re:Zero fan or you don't understand anything about Re:Zero nor Mushoku Tensei. It's beyond stupidity to compare such well-written series as Re:Zero to some random dungeon & dragon pedo fantasy.
OkeanixSep 12, 2023 3:40 AM

Looking for better series than Re:Zero
Sep 12, 2023 4:53 AM

Jan 2016
Reply to Okeanix
It's so funny when people think this garbage is even same level as Re:Zero.

If MT is 2/10 then Re:Zero is 78/10.

Sad people think background art, some animation = good

Re:Zero S3 will slap every anime so hard, people would never think something like this stupid ever again even Re:Zero haters who hiding behind Generic Tensei.

If you are Re:Zero fan who think both are peak then you are not Re:Zero fan or you don't understand anything about Re:Zero nor Mushoku Tensei. It's beyond stupidity to compare such well-written series as Re:Zero to some random dungeon & dragon pedo fantasy.
@Okeanix honestly, i think rezeros writing is better too. After the MT writer made an erectile dysfunction an unironic plot point in the show, i just couldnt be bothered to say that MTs writing is great anymore.

"Get your tentacles off me or ill make calamari out of your manhood" -Mirai Nikki Dub
Sep 12, 2023 6:16 AM

Jan 2019
Reply to VivavideoUser2x
@Okeanix honestly, i think rezeros writing is better too. After the MT writer made an erectile dysfunction an unironic plot point in the show, i just couldnt be bothered to say that MTs writing is great anymore.
@VivavideoUser2x MT is complete downhill after random teleport in Season 1 Part 1 then it depended a lot on fanservice, random god giving orders "go there and such", coincidences plot armors and more.

Looking for better series than Re:Zero
Sep 12, 2023 6:48 PM
Jun 2020
Reply to JoshyKage
Wouldn’t say a masterpiece but this new season has solidified Mushoku Tensei as my favorite isekai, it’s de throned re zero for me maybe re zero can get the title back in S3
@JoshyKage I too am enjoying Mushoku Tensei as an anime-only for it and it's my second-best isekai for now, as for Re:Zero getting that title back for you when S3 airs, it will depend per se, arc 5 (first half) can possibly do this, but it is a common belief amongst many LN/WN readers that the dreaded arc 6 (second half), if done right, will give isekai fans a very huge dillema on which isekai truly is the king imo.
Sep 12, 2023 6:50 PM
Nov 2019
Reply to Nafis_Syed
@JoshyKage I too am enjoying Mushoku Tensei as an anime-only for it and it's my second-best isekai for now, as for Re:Zero getting that title back for you when S3 airs, it will depend per se, arc 5 (first half) can possibly do this, but it is a common belief amongst many LN/WN readers that the dreaded arc 6 (second half), if done right, will give isekai fans a very huge dillema on which isekai truly is the king imo.
@Nafis_Syed sounds good im excited it needs to come out soon
Sep 12, 2023 8:03 PM
Dec 2014
Reply to Okeanix
@VivavideoUser2x MT is complete downhill after random teleport in Season 1 Part 1 then it depended a lot on fanservice, random god giving orders "go there and such", coincidences plot armors and more.
@Okeanix Are you a bot? Nothing you said was coherent nor accurate.

Personally, MT isn't the best isekai. That belongs to Assassin Isekai. For you see, what is MT to the superior writing of assassin is reborn into an assassin family in a Victorian setting and very quickly excels at his family's art, and never suffers any significant setbacks, and also he chose "weak" skills to min-max his build before being reborn, and also he's a successful business owner and a top-tier student. Yes, this is peak fiction! Begone, character development, world-building, and relatable problems that anyone can experience! Why would we need any of that when we can power fantasy our brains into literal rot?

Actually, it's Realist Hero Isekai. MT is a good character-driven narrative. Realist Hero is what happens when you watch and re-watch Legends of Galactic Heroes for 72 weeks while brainstorming a new series and being so hopped-up on free trade coffee that your doctor has commented that you could probably open your own coffee shop and never spend money on beans because your own bodily fluids are practically coffee at this point. I don't even care that the characters are just walking cliche's of what is the standard or that the endgame is a harem of big tits that are also ambassadors from different provinces/nations. Let the man who brought industrialization and modern political ideology to his waifu world establish himself as the de facto Emperor of All Waifus already!

Also, give me Shoujo Kageki Starlight Revue Season 2 already. That gacha dumpster fire is barely a functional alternative, and we all know it!
SentiOnikawaSep 12, 2023 8:16 PM
"Thorkell has no resistance to getting kicked in the f-in head. To be honest, neither do I." -Captain Mack

"You've faced many life-and-death situations. But that does not make you an adult. Finding more fallen-out hairs on your pillow, watching your favorite stuffed-bread disappear from the convenience store... the accumulation of those little despairs is what makes a person an adult."-Nanami Kento
Dec 31, 2023 3:15 AM
Feb 2016
I dunno, i was actually a bit overwhelmed how Rudeus sequestrated 2 beastmen princesses, groped their breast, didn't feed them a whole day and let them pee on themselves, but then, they instantly forgave him and became best friends. Wow. So much personality.

The demon king becoming teacher... what ? it need an explanation but we wasted a full episode on the princesses...

It feels like it could have been better if we talked less about rudeus sex too. There's so many things to explore in this anime with its great worldbuilding. Guess they keep it for season 3
Jan 9, 6:55 PM
Dec 2017
It's incredible how many people continue to overestimate Mushoku tensei, after this horrible season 2 where even the animation is bad, still keep saying it's a masterpiece? Then we complain if demon slayer, sao, fairy tail, etc... achieve the greatest success with all the people who praise it for no reason 😂
Jan 23, 6:59 AM
Feb 2023
season 1 (10-10) Masterpiece..
season 2 (04-10) Breaks my tiny rotten hart, when a excellent Team of talented people, like the team on this anime serie, Create a perfect 1 season, But through it all away on a Rookie mistake you get drilled in your head over and over again in school, collage' and on work ??? and still end up with a Epic Fumble of the millennium, never scratch a perfect 10 MC support character like Eris Boreas Greyrat, she's absolute perfect with our MC Rudies, both in personality and aggressive temper, looks like a girl but acts like a high school jock bully, but so very awkward, when she try to be more feminine and girly for our pervert Rudy, the best move in season 1, where when they dropped the way to sweet, and boring, silfi, and gave MC Rudi the partner in crime Eris Boreas Greyrat.. And the Dumbass move to drop Eris Boreas Greyrat for our 01 out of 10 score partner in crime silfi.. dragged the series down A lot.. character's are for me 75% of the series, they need there own very special character, and together you got a insane mix of humor, then you put the genre in the mix og then spit out a story that carries the story forward.. if season 3 comes DUMP SILFI THE ELF.. AND BRING Eris Boreas Greyrat BACK THX
Jan 24, 2:49 AM

Feb 2014
Reply to Marsen-P
I dunno, i was actually a bit overwhelmed how Rudeus sequestrated 2 beastmen princesses, groped their breast, didn't feed them a whole day and let them pee on themselves, but then, they instantly forgave him and became best friends. Wow. So much personality.

The demon king becoming teacher... what ? it need an explanation but we wasted a full episode on the princesses...

It feels like it could have been better if we talked less about rudeus sex too. There's so many things to explore in this anime with its great worldbuilding. Guess they keep it for season 3
@Marsen-P i initially thought their reaction was unusual too, but after i watch the following episode i think it's probably because their beast-people culture dictates that the strongest in a duel takes all, that's why they didn't perceive rudeus' action as evil.

in fact right after they were freed linea said that she dont mind sexual relation with rudeus as long as it follows their custom - that is dating & marriage. you wont say such line to a molester, will you?

also i wont describe their relationship with rudeus as "best friend", it's more like "boss-henchmen" or "leader-subordinate" relationship

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MegamiRem - Sep 24, 2023

455 by marta_valse »»
Jun 5, 6:00 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2023

300 by marta_valse »»
Jun 5, 5:35 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2023

225 by marta_valse »»
Jun 5, 5:04 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Giorgosman13 - Sep 3, 2023

237 by marta_valse »»
Jun 5, 4:33 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2023

284 by marta_valse »»
Jun 5, 1:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.