Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Happy Marriage (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 6, 2023 6:16 PM

Apr 2022
nah that fight was crazier than all of the fights in bleach tybw p2 so far lol. did not expect that sakuga and the choreography was neat as well, but icl this show needs more "happy". kudo took that L, so i'm interested to see how this works out at the end.
Sep 6, 2023 6:33 PM
Nov 2022
1. Her mom’s family is treating Miyo like a tool/object to fulfill their desires and not a person who needs help.

2. Pretty sure they are the cause for the nightmares, because she only started having them when soldiers got nightmares after the grave was opened. (Which pretty sure was their doing.)

3. Fiancé man, take Miyo off to the side and talk with her so you can have a discussion please.

4. Glasses, you are the literal thing that you hate about Kudo. Except you are 10 x worse because you actually want to control others and Kudo over here is just trying to figure out how to be a good partner for Miyo.

5. Mom obviously left cause Fam is toxic and sealed her powers cause how terrible would that be for a child to experience people’s nightmares.

6. Kudo is not wrong with the fact that Miyo would blame herself for any deaths that occur while he is trying to save her.

7. That was one dirty trick glasses.

8. Grandpa, if you were truly trying to help/cared for Miyo you wouldn’t hide information on how to end her suffering to then put a stipulation that only benefits your greedy self. And also, you wouldn’t rip her away from the person she has the deepest emotional ties to.

9. Pretty sure Miyo would not be on board for world domination. Home girl is still practicing how to walk in a dress.

*okay, I think I’m done. Got it all off my chest now*
Sep 6, 2023 7:11 PM
Oct 2019
this is become redundant. i used to enjoy it but this become tiresome.

this is one funny episode.
Sep 6, 2023 7:53 PM
Nov 2019
miyo kembali kerumah usuba, dengan kekalahan kiyo
My Candies :
Sep 6, 2023 8:00 PM

Mar 2016
This ain't a happy marriage
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Sep 6, 2023 8:02 PM
Jun 2020
Mio is idiot. She's not progressing at all. No character development.
Sep 6, 2023 8:12 PM

Mar 2007
Another great episode with something for everyone

• The Usuba family are terrible, they let Miyo rot in that Saimori house but the minute she shows a whiff of talent suddenly they MUST have her.
  • That DUEL! Enough testosterone for the guys, enough sakuga for the animation junkies and what woman isn't going to be a tiny bit flattered at 2 men duking it out over her?
  • That guy winning by using his affections for Miyo against him. Such a cheap shot
  • Miyo not doing shit after that, like nothing. She could have told him she wanted to be with him, but she's still waffling even after all he's done for her.
  • The cousin probably plans to marry her to control her bloodline ability, Alabama has entered this anime.

Wow that was even more soap opera. We only have a few episodes left. Can they complete it in that time?
Sep 6, 2023 9:17 PM
Nov 2020
muito bom mermo, otima construção de personagem até aqui e da uma felicidade dela ficando feliz
Sep 6, 2023 10:37 PM
Nov 2017
I just drop this one, the first 5 episodes was awesome and then it start get boring.
This episode just peak stupidity, suddenly theres a whole branch of Usuba family doing really fine, Kudo somehow not an important house that he need a duel to solve a problem, Miyo still a broken doll with backward logic.
Theres only 2 episodes left, why the hell the story drifted so much in supernatural stuff?
Sep 7, 2023 12:09 AM

Feb 2022
I get Miyo was abused and she is a mentally broken person... that said it's incredibly frustrating to the point of annoyance at her to see her conflicted when her "family" spells it out clearly that her only value is her power and they were completely fine with her abusive situation otherwise.
Sep 7, 2023 1:31 AM
Oct 2021
Miyo is so used to being exploited and mistreated that when someone treated her with dignity and tried to love her, then also she refused to be with him. When asked about whom she wanted to be with she said "I don't know". This show is pissing me so much i just can't digest this show.
Sep 7, 2023 1:48 AM
Jan 2023
Ugh I have such Mixed feelings about that guy... like did he really have to separate both of them just to help Miyo? if that usuba family really cared about miyo that much, they could've easily helped her while her being at the kodo's.
Sep 7, 2023 2:02 AM

Jul 2021
This episode has been even more ridiculous and frustrating than the anything I could have imagined last week.

• It turns out the glasses guy provoked Miyo and Kiyoka so openly because... he just wanted Miyo back with the family reeeally badly and thought himself that much superior to Kiyoka. For such a talented member of a powerful and secretive household, he has not really been subtle at all. It's almost like the story is trying to blow up the relationship sky-high immediately.

• Tsuruki and Kiyoka do not even try to talk it out (or to even understand each other's position) and immediately resort to violence; a duel... to the death. Whoa, what? This is like that time when Kiyoka rescued Miyo by just kicking down the door and caused the entire mansion to burn down. It really feels like the story is just resorting to the Shoujo trope of having dashing men fight for the girl's hand.

• Miyo does absolutely nothing to prevent this. I understand that the character is deeply afraid of inconveniencing or disappointing her fiancee, but right now these men are doing their very best to MURDER each other, directly because of her indecision. Even when they are drawing blood, she only protests meekly, watching from the sidelines. Basically a damsel in distress, looking to one of the men to solve the problem and save her.

• Miyo's nightmares are explained to be a manifestation of an insanely powerful ability to mind-control anyone and to even see through time. Why are we heading in this direction? Her lack of supernatural abilities has been a big part of her character, everything from her abusive upbringing and extremely low self-esteem to her hardworking nature, her love for Kiyoka who showed her love anyway, and her desire to improve herself with Haruka's help... It feels like the story is throwing all of that away, either for simple wish fulfilment or in an attempt to make her more interesting; "Miyo has in fact been a "cool" and "special" girl all along, they just didn't know it."

I have given the show the benefit of the doubt enough times already, hoping that it will somehow conjure up interesting and sympathetic characters despite some predictable or questionable story turns. I had already dropped my expectations to low, but after this episode I have very little faith.
Sep 7, 2023 2:06 AM
Mar 2020
The episode starts with Kiyoka taking Myio to the Usuba family. He wants to know more about Myios nightmares but in the end it turns out that the Usuba family has its own plans. They want to gain power and work with an emperor in secret. That’s why they need Myio’s exceptional gift.
It was quite predictable that Myio would not say anything about how she wants to stay with Kiyoka. It is because of her past and how she was raised and neglected by father and step-mother. She was abused by whole family. She doesn’t have courage to defend herself. She is afraid of all the other people because she looks to anyone as they are authorities over her. Myio doesn’t make herself and her happiness a priority. Now she has the power to change everything but she is a very sensitive person. In her hands, this power means nothing if she won’t use it wisely.
Duel between Arata and Kiyoka was amazing. I enjoyed watching it. Arata is a person who is eager to be powerful and who would use any tricks to achieve his goals.
I am looking forward to Sumi’s storyline. She was powerful too and I want to know her characteristics and all the stuff.
There are only 2 episodes left and I love to see Kiyoka and Myio together again in the end.
Sep 7, 2023 2:32 AM

Feb 2019
Man, second half of this series has been quite boring compared to the first. And Miyo is the one making it difficult for me to watch.
I am compassionate to her struggles and I understand her but jeez girl you started healing so just drop that stupid inferiority complex and go with your fiancé!

Sep 7, 2023 4:11 AM
Jul 2010
It made me sad but also relief that Miyo will know about her past.
Sep 7, 2023 4:50 AM

Jul 2015
So, Miyo's supposed cousin turned a blind eye at her being abused her entire life, but now that she has awakened her ability he is going to protect her? Typical exploitative bastard.
Also, I know she had served her purpose and most likely won't appear again, but I would love to see Kaya's reaction to all this, that the entire reason she bullied her is gone and Miyo is superior to her in every aspect.

Sep 7, 2023 5:12 AM
Aug 2023
Bölüm hakkında nasıl hissedeceğimi bilmiyorum.
Sep 7, 2023 5:16 AM
Feb 2015
For some reason when Miyo reached out to Kiyoka after he lost the duel, I was somewhat hoping she would just go batshit crazy and dropkick that no-good Tsurubitch 😂
Sep 7, 2023 5:19 AM

Jan 2013
Miyo is stupid af. She promised that she'll stop using Danna-sama. She said that she will tell everything that bothers her and what she wants, but she forgets about this promises next episode.
2 man almost killed each other because of her indecision.

When it seems like she starts to develop and takes a step forward, but in the next episode she suddenly turns around and takes 2 steps backwards.
omg. I am starting to hate this show. How is it top 250 anime?!
Sep 7, 2023 5:19 AM
Feb 2015
Reply to Jzaday
Arata Usuba needs a slap 🥴
Jzaday said:
Arata Usuba needs a slap 🥴

Arata Usuba? No

AratASS TsuruBITCH more like, urgh 😤
Sep 7, 2023 5:22 AM
Feb 2015
Reply to Mainnus
“He should’ve use Kudo clan secret technique”
@Mainnus No vey, real!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤮🤯🤯✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨
Sep 7, 2023 5:30 AM

Nov 2019
Naur... Imagine not seeing real intent "Why you didn't care for her?" "Well, she no power, we no care." That's how it looked. And yet her response was "I don't know". Damn worse than Nie Huaisang acting in whole MDZS. IDK what happened to all "I want to stay with dannasama". It died now or? Promises? Lessons in confidence? All gone... OFC she was easily manipulated but it's so hard to feel compassion in this exact situation.
Sep 7, 2023 5:52 AM
Apr 2020
IDIOT GIRL !!! WHY THIS GIRL SO IDIOT?!
Sep 7, 2023 6:28 AM

May 2015
Why this violent fight just for a girl's heart ? That's not moral...
Sep 7, 2023 9:01 AM
Feb 2022
Reply to ilusatus
I just drop this one, the first 5 episodes was awesome and then it start get boring.
This episode just peak stupidity, suddenly theres a whole branch of Usuba family doing really fine, Kudo somehow not an important house that he need a duel to solve a problem, Miyo still a broken doll with backward logic.
Theres only 2 episodes left, why the hell the story drifted so much in supernatural stuff?
@ilusatus the saimori family made the series good lol
Sep 7, 2023 9:10 AM
Mar 2015
Our boi lost Miyo by a cheat in the duel but now he and his opponent are of to fight the forces of the big bad Miyo meets her family and discovers what her power is and why her mother sealed it
landofthekwtSep 7, 2023 9:14 AM
Sep 7, 2023 2:06 PM
Jun 2022
idiotic episode, why do they always ruin good see stories
Sep 7, 2023 4:53 PM

Sep 2012
A lot of kneejerk reactions to a tough point in the story. I know it isn't easy, but I've watched other anime where the character takes time to develop and becomes a phenomenal example of growth. I'm sure that can be the case for Miyo and Kiyoka. It's just hard to wait a week for the next episode lol
Sep 7, 2023 10:27 PM
John Titor

Jul 2017
The plot thickens! After being somewhat close to the soap operas from my country (especially because of Miyo's "evil sister" character), this next arc takes the anime to a good twist.

We somewhat knew Miyo was gonna be OP, but the direction executed it very well to keep something, formerly predictable, very interesting and full of mysteries. What are the schemes now plotted by Miyo's newfound own family?
Mi música chiptune (auténtica, no fakebit) / My chiptune music (real, no fakebit)
YouTube
Battle of the Bits
SoundCloud
Sep 8, 2023 12:42 AM

Feb 2023
I'd like to see Miyo take some control over her life, for example trying to reach out to Kudo in dreams or using these supposed superpowers for her own benefit.
Sep 8, 2023 2:26 AM

Dec 2022
I get that she’s timid buts it’s crazy how easily she lets people badmouth the person she lives. I thought she was an mc that would allow people to talk bad about her but not to others.

Sep 8, 2023 3:48 AM

Oct 2008
Kiyoka was right to ask the usuba why take Miyo now, they didn’t take her away when she was still at saimori’s and all the grandfather says is that they “didn’t know she would develop ability.” At this point Miyo Usuba Grandpa is pretty much the same as her Father and the Usubas have no right to lecture Kiyoka for failing to protect Miyo because the Usuba “chose” not to intervene while Miyo was in Saimori’s custody. Hypocrites, that’s what the Usubas are!

I’m also disappointed and annoyed at Miyo for lacking resolve and being indecisive when asked what she wanted to do, if you really wanted to be with Kiyoka then it doesn’t make any sense why she hesitated.
Sep 8, 2023 4:27 AM

Oct 2019
Eh. Looks like this episode reminded everyone that this is indeed a shoujo series lol. Everyone needs to act retarded in order for drama to settle in. I don't see how Miyo hasn't been killed off by goverment by now considering how broken her supposed ability is. She is also a doormat so whoever gets their hands on her, can use it freely since she doesn't have a chacracter to speak of.
Sep 8, 2023 5:53 AM

Jul 2015
A normal person with a bare minimum of media literacy and IQ above room temperature would understand perfectly well, that a person in which life everything was predetermined, with nonexistent self esteem and confidence would have a hard time finding herself in completely new environment, making an important decision for herself and would prioritize not being a burden above all else.
People who do not understand something that obvious simply cannot relate to Miyo nor understand her circumstances and are more similar to how Kaya was.
Saying that Miyo is dumb because she is not sure if she is still worthy to be Kubo's wife is a clear sign of socipathy.

Sep 8, 2023 8:35 AM
Feb 2021
not enough explainaiton of the usuba abilities
Sep 8, 2023 10:19 AM

May 2010
I enjoyed learning what Miyo's powers are, but I don’t think she wants the power to control people the way Arata explains she should be able to do one day. I'm also curious to learn more about the apparent rivalry between the Kudous and the Usabas.
Sep 8, 2023 12:42 PM
May 2021
Man the action scenes are so well done in this anime 🔥🔥. The budget used in every episode is really good. So we will get to know Mio's Mom story in next episode 🔥, Excited.
Sep 8, 2023 3:48 PM

Aug 2011
Reply to Mihaellos
Terribly stupid series. Miyo acted like a complete idiot and once again created problems for herself, Kudo was too self-confident that he agreed to a duel, it was quite obvious that the Usuba family was behind the deterioration of Miyo from the very beginning.
2/5 because +1 point for a good fight.
@Mihaellos - I wouldn't say the series is stupid... just yet, but this episode showed promise.

This is the first time I've been upset with Miyo too. Kudo, his sister and his housekeeper all are supportive. They're helping Miyo grow a spine, but she is still a hunchback. I was so peeved that when Kudo got shot and was more pissed that there was no reaction from Miyo. It was like crickets. No gasp, no swoon, no vapors - WTF??? Kudo got injured defending you (sighs).When she finally showed some emotion, it was too - too late, IMO.
Sep 8, 2023 9:15 PM
Sep 2023
A stupid episode
Her decision was very poor
A disrespectful episode
Sep 8, 2023 9:27 PM

Jul 2016
Forced melodrama that could have been solved with just one sentence and main characters acting like complete idiots... Yeah, this truly was the shoujo-est episode till date.
Sep 9, 2023 4:41 AM

Jan 2017
I mean, where's the happy marriage in this??? --_--
Sep 9, 2023 5:18 AM

Jul 2017
Kiyoka taking Miyo to the Usuba household, surely, she wouldn't expect Arata to be there, but he is the key to the nightmare curse, as surmised.

Turns out, Miyo's nightmares are in and of itself a supernatural ability and having been greeted by her grandfather Yoshiro (also Sumi's father), Miyo feels light-headed thanks to the barrier, but to fully protect her, she must be transferred over to the household. Though they sense that Miyo didn't have one, over time, it becomes clear, and her Dream-Sight ability is one rare sight that they demand Kiyoka release her to them. But whatever the explanation, he will not hand her over to them, though Arata clicks back to him that he could not protect her during the Saimori incident, and even worse now because of the Grave incident. Going as far as to have a duel between men to close this case, it's really pushing the boundaries of what Miyo wants to be. The duel proves an unfair point to the Usuba household against outsiders because their supernatural abilities differ that of the typical laymen to serve high-power authorities, though that's still a reason that Kiyoka would want to prevail over this. But he lost, and he was exiled from the household.

Wth the duel lost, Hazuki can't accept the loss as her own brother letting bygones be bygones, and she worked just as hard to prove to him her worth. But with the Grave incident, Kiyoka unfortunately can only be at one place at one time, and Arata succeeding in winning Miyo to their side, only furthers their plot to eradicate her as the main evil. Though this truth was partially told to Kiyoka, only Arata knows the full story and proclaims that by her being on their side will further their advances more. And for her own mother Sumi to lock away that ability, a backstory into Sumi and why she wed into the Saimori family.

Right at the cusp of such importance, backstories give good context, and that moment is now.
Sep 9, 2023 9:28 AM

Nov 2021
So he is from the Usuba family. And Miyo has a supernatural ability confirmed. Good to see she finally meets her real family.

I can understand the Usuba family's concern and they are somewhat right, but you just can't separate Kudo and Miyo. This ship must be protected.

Love Hazuki. She understood exactly how Miyo thinks and why she does the things she does. She'll be a huge help in Kudo and Miyo's relationship.

I'm happy to see a the progression each episode. There is a good amount of mystery but it isn't stretched. The fantasy and romance elements are also balanced out. My anime of the season (Yes I'm biased cuz its romance).

Just 2 eps left. Shit.

Sep 9, 2023 12:38 PM
Sep 2018
Honestly that was such a pointless fight that I’ve ever come across like Kudou wtf are you not trying to save your woman?! Please wake up Miyo, you literally are kidnapped again by your blood family!!!!😡😡😡😡😡😡😡
Sep 9, 2023 1:22 PM

May 2009
Reply to Hiroyasu
Miyo has really to suffer again to hear that her mother has sealed her ability to enter someone dream.
I hope kudo makes everything to take her back.
@Ryuu71

Miyo-chan!

Where is the fire in your belly? How much longer must we suffer from your insufferable milquetoast personality? Your crippling insecurities? Your tiresome, constant obsession of always second-guessing yourself?
When are you gonna wake up? When are you gonna take your womanhood seriously and make a mad play for Kudo-san's manly gorgeousness?
You have wasted so much time already!
Stand up against your way creepy cousin and sadistic grandfather. Toss them out of your life and imitate your beautiful mother as she seems she was strong and smart.
Next time beautiful bishie, Kudo-san asks you to "come closer" do so willingly with passion and fire and strip him of his kimono then and there and make passionate love to him. Wipe that scowl off his beautiful face once and forever!
Make us women of the world proud!
Sep 9, 2023 3:09 PM
Dec 2017
The trick which ended the duel was already used 20 years ago, in the original (non-Brotherhood) Full Metal Alchemist anime. That's how unoriginal Kekkon is.
Sep 9, 2023 3:14 PM
Dec 2017
Reply to msla11
msla11 said:

If everyone thinks this, then who makes all those reviews which currently rate Kekkon two percent highter on MAL than e.g. Bokuyaba?
Sep 9, 2023 3:21 PM
Jun 2022
Tacsk0 said:
msla11 said:

If everyone thinks this, then who makes all those reviews which currently rate Kekkon two percent highter on MAL than e.g. Bokuyaba?

lil bro this is an opinion not a scientific statement based on ratings, I couldn't care less about ratings this kind of episodes are idiotic bc they come out of nowhere. if they wanted to pull it was beforehand not at the 10th ep. now we're going for a quick redemption on 2 ep or a cliffhanger, both are boring and repetitive in story media.
Sep 9, 2023 11:50 PM
Sep 2020
nothing much, just soooo good
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Watashi no Shiawase na Kekkon Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2023

99 by EinTheVariance »»
Apr 23, 5:50 PM

Poll: » Watashi no Shiawase na Kekkon Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2023

83 by EinTheVariance »»
Apr 23, 5:07 PM

Poll: » Watashi no Shiawase na Kekkon Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2023

111 by EinTheVariance »»
Apr 23, 1:35 PM

Poll: » Watashi no Shiawase na Kekkon Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 9, 2023

221 by EinTheVariance »»
Apr 23, 12:53 PM

Poll: » Watashi no Shiawase na Kekkon Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ZXEAN - Jun 3, 2023

280 by EinTheVariance »»
Apr 22, 7:26 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.