Forum Settings
Forums

'Gintama' Anime's 'Baragaki-hen' Gets Compilation Movie

New
Sep 4, 2023 3:31 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
The official website of the Gintama anime series announced Gintama on Theater 2D: Baragaki-hen (Gintama on Theater 2D: Thorny Arc), a re-edited version of the Baragaki-hen (Thorny Arc) from the second season, on Monday. The anime, featuring new footage, will screen nationwide for three weeks beginning November 10.

The Baragaki-hen (Thorny Arc) spanned from chapters 365–370 in the manga and episodes 43–46 in the second season (244–247 overall). The re-edit is part of the franchise's 20th anniversary project, which will run from 2023—the manga serialization's 20th anniversary, to 2026—the anime broadcast's 20th anniversary. The official website also revealed a key visual (pictured).

Hideaki Sorachi began drawing Gintama in Weekly Shounen Jump in December 2003 and ended its run in September 2018. The manga switched to Jump GIGA afterwards for three consecutive issues before transferring to the official Gintama application and concluding in June 2019. Shueisha published the 77th and final volume in August that year.

Sunrise produced a special episode for the Jump Festa Anime Tour in September 2005. The first anime season debuted in Spring 2006 and ran for 201 episodes until Winter 2010, which was followed by six more seasons between 2011 and 2018.

The manga also received two anime movies that premiered in 2010 and 2013, among several original video anime episodes.

Sentai Filmworks released the first 49 episodes and the first anime movie from 2010 to 2012 on DVD and Blu-ray, respectively. Crunchyroll re-licensed the anime series and streamed episodes 266–291 through Funimation in March 2018. The second part of the release containing episodes 292–316 shipped in September 2018.

VIZ Media began publishing the series in English through its Shounen Jump Advanced imprint in 2007 before the release was discontinued with the 23rd volume in 2011. The manga has also been localized in multiple foreign languages.

Official site: https://bn-pictures.co.jp/gintama/on_theater_2d/
Official Twitter: @gintamamovie

Source: PR Times

Gintama on Theater 2D: Baragaki-hen on MAL
LeknaatSep 25, 2023 12:05 AM

Sep 4, 2023 10:25 PM

Feb 2012
Vindstot said:
The re-edit is part of the franchise's 20th anniversary project, which will run from 2023—the manga serialization's 20th anniversary, to 2026—the anime broadcast's 20th anniversary

Wow so we can expect more mini arcs or other full arcs to get re-released during this project length.

They probably won't ever give Gintama a rest lol, but then again glad its getting more love even after both the manga and anime have had a great and successful runs. This project hopefully turns out great and fans get to rewatch some of their favorite arcs in good and more manga accurate quality.
Sep 5, 2023 1:20 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to Ramkec
Vindstot said:
The re-edit is part of the franchise's 20th anniversary project, which will run from 2023—the manga serialization's 20th anniversary, to 2026—the anime broadcast's 20th anniversary

Wow so we can expect more mini arcs or other full arcs to get re-released during this project length.

They probably won't ever give Gintama a rest lol, but then again glad its getting more love even after both the manga and anime have had a great and successful runs. This project hopefully turns out great and fans get to rewatch some of their favorite arcs in good and more manga accurate quality.
@Ramkec Personally, I'm a little sad to think about it, since I still remember the time when Gintama broadcast its first season.
Sep 5, 2023 1:49 AM

Feb 2021
Good news for me! We will see new footage in addition. Still I want new anime of Gintama, TV series or OVA, it doesn't matter, the original manga to continue and the exact date of anime of Ginpachi-sensei to air!
Sep 5, 2023 3:09 AM

May 2021
It saddens me to see how they desperately try to milk a manga that has already ended even though the anime TV series and movies already did a great job adapting it. To be honest I am more interested in hearing about Sorachi's new manga series that he is preparing.

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
Sep 5, 2023 4:36 AM

Jan 2023
yay his so handsome, even though I don't enjoy the anime much the comedy is not even funny

Sep 5, 2023 5:01 AM

Feb 2021
Reply to Yubisoft
It saddens me to see how they desperately try to milk a manga that has already ended even though the anime TV series and movies already did a great job adapting it. To be honest I am more interested in hearing about Sorachi's new manga series that he is preparing.
@Yubisoft, I also want a new manga from him, it would be great!
Sep 5, 2023 8:17 AM

Aug 2020
Well sunrise sure bringing back their old stuff huh.
Sep 5, 2023 9:53 AM

May 2021
Reply to Memore
@Yubisoft, I also want a new manga from him, it would be great!
@Memore In 2017 in an interview where he discussed about how close is the gintama manga's ending , he also said this ''“If I don’t draw manga, I am just garbage that can do nothing in this society (laugh)”. So I think it is safe to assume that he has already started cooking . So in conclusion , yes I hope the announcement for his new manga will be soon .

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
Sep 5, 2023 1:34 PM

Dec 2018
Yay for Hijikataaaa!!!!!

About new footage being added into the movie, I don't expect much. Probably a few scenes from the manga that weren't included in the arc's original broadcast, but I find it cool to see there's still some passion for Gintama.
Sep 5, 2023 6:37 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
That Hijikata cover is so hot, oh shit.
Sep 5, 2023 6:55 PM

Apr 2020
What's that??? There's a new Gintama-related project??? DONDAKEEEEEEE??!! HECK YEEEEEAH!!!

I'm not a movie-goer so, I'd just be waiting til it gets to streaming services. Hopefully it does become available that way, and sooner than later.
"I will use my ball to make you remember." -- Haruka Kiyomine, 2024
Sep 5, 2023 7:06 PM

Apr 2020
Reply to Ramkec
Vindstot said:

@Ramkec YOW! Don't get my hopes up like that xD

As someone who don't have (official/legal) access to the Gintama series, a re-edit release of Gintama arcs would actually raise my chances of getting Gintama contents again, through streaming services.

I'd love to see some of the Yoshiwara arcs turned into movies. Heck, give me Shinigami Arc as well! <3
"I will use my ball to make you remember." -- Haruka Kiyomine, 2024
Sep 5, 2023 9:59 PM

Feb 2021
Reply to Maumuu
Yay for Hijikataaaa!!!!!

About new footage being added into the movie, I don't expect much. Probably a few scenes from the manga that weren't included in the arc's original broadcast, but I find it cool to see there's still some passion for Gintama.
@Maumuu, there was a scene with the ID for Madao in the manga. I hope that they include it in the movie.
Sep 5, 2023 10:00 PM

Feb 2021
Reply to Yubisoft
@Memore In 2017 in an interview where he discussed about how close is the gintama manga's ending , he also said this ''“If I don’t draw manga, I am just garbage that can do nothing in this society (laugh)”. So I think it is safe to assume that he has already started cooking . So in conclusion , yes I hope the announcement for his new manga will be soon .
@Yubisoft, I hope so too!

More topics from this board

» Smartphone Game 'Garena Free Fire' Gets Anime Project

Hyperion_PS - May 12

40 by SinisterDeezNuts »»
27 minutes ago

» Manga 'Kuroiwa Medaka ni Watashi no Kawaii ga Tsuujinai' Gets TV Anime

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

13 by RobertBobert »»
7 hours ago

» Manga 'Kinoko Inu' Receives TV Anime in Fall 2024

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

1 by KryzakamiHrybami »»
Yesterday, 12:19 PM

» Manga 'Kakushite! Makina-san!!' Gets TV Anime in 2025

Vindstot - May 9

15 by Piromysl »»
Yesterday, 4:47 AM

» 'Kimi no Iro' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - May 12

6 by RobertBobert »»
May 12, 11:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.