Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 4, 2023 7:34 AM
Feb 2021
I went by mal recom started with fate zero it gave a headache for me unable to understand the characters

Could anyone help me to list out the order in terms of production wise and year of release

Much appreciated in advance !!!
Sep 4, 2023 7:41 AM

Jun 2016
I don't know where you got that order but it's wrong. The correct order is:
Every fate/stay night in the order they came out > literally anything else from this franchise
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Sep 4, 2023 7:42 AM

Nov 2021
bezardo said:
I went by mal recom started with fate zero it gave a headache for me unable to understand the characters

Could anyone help me to list out the order in terms of production wise and year of release

2006 - UBW - HF - ZERO

(Desktop mode) ⬇️

Watching this season

My Anime list

Comment
Sep 4, 2023 7:43 AM
Aug 2021
Includes everything (also ova) in order...
Sep 4, 2023 7:44 AM

May 2022
"don't worry about it"
Sep 4, 2023 7:44 AM
Feb 2021
Theo1899 said:
Every fate/stay night in the order they came out > literally anything else from this franchise

it's from mal order list
Sep 4, 2023 7:45 AM
Feb 2021
ABOOH said:
Includes everything (also ova) in order...

thanks mate !!!!!!!!!!
Sep 4, 2023 7:48 AM

Jun 2016
Reply to bezardo
Theo1899 said:

it's from mal order list
@bezardo A pro tip for any series with seemingly weird watch orders:
Don't watch prequels first even when you are advised to.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Sep 4, 2023 8:47 AM
Sep 2021
bezardo said:

As you may already know fate/stay night is a visual novel converging in 3 routes-
fate ,Unlimited blade works, Heaven's feel
(to be watched in specific order)
and there's Fate/zero, a prequel
some people say to start with fate zero but they couldn't be more wrong as it spoils the
fate/stay night (fate/sn spoils zero too)
but as fate/sn is released first and fate zero later being recommended by author to be experienced after fate/stay night

Also the first route adaptation (fate/sn 2006) is bad or more like a mess as it tries to combine all 3 routes and spoils some twist, so i recommend either reading the 1 route in vn or watching the edited version which removes spoiler (i can give the link if you want)

The watch order goes as:-
1.fate/stay night (2006) or VN fate route

2.fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works
s1 and s2 (Ufotable version)

3.fate/stay night Heaven's feel movies
presage flower-I, lost butterfly-ll, spring song-lll

4.fate/zero
s1 and s2

(This is the main story ,but there are also various
spin-off like fate/grand order , fate/apocrypha ,etc.
can be watched in whatever order)
Sep 4, 2023 9:21 AM

Mar 2021
Kvothe_1 said:
"don't worry about it"

Lol I understood that reference XD
Sep 4, 2023 9:59 AM
Feb 2022
Whatever the watch order do watch the 2006 fate stay night series. It is not as good as the other series or movies but it not bad as many people claim to be. If you compare it to the others in the fate series yes not good, but don't let comparison bias stop you from watching it.
Also don't pay much mind to the rating on it's page. It again due to comparison.

By itself it is a good series.

It provides you a good introduction to the world and the characters of fate stay night
Sep 4, 2023 11:15 AM
Apr 2022
2006 (not worth it) -> UBW -> Fate Zero (not super worthwhile) -> Heavens Feel movies
Sep 4, 2023 11:22 AM

Jan 2017
bezardo said:

If you want the full order :

However , the 1st Episode of Zero basically spoils 60% of all the plot twists in the 3 Fate/Stay Night stories...
At that point , it'll probably be better if you finished Zero first.
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... and hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Sep 4, 2023 12:43 PM
Jul 2023
if you wanna watch in the release order look at this because I was also very confuses
*the rounded number is the order

Sep 4, 2023 12:46 PM
Jul 2023
you will not get this anywhere
because it does not exist anywhere🤣
it took some time to get all this
Sep 4, 2023 12:55 PM
Jul 2023
I think you shouldn't watch this anime because this gave one of the worst unfulfilled
overall you will not be satisfied.
instead watch rezero
Sep 4, 2023 4:35 PM
Nov 2021
bezardo said:

Fate Zero is a prequel to Fate Stay Night.
I'm not sure how it all works and why it was done that way but essentially the three fate stay nights are the same anime, but different stuff happens in them (at least from what I've heard there's differences in events rather than just dialogue).

So far I've only finished Fate/Zero and the og Fate/Stay Night (which is mid). Currently have Unlimited Blade Works paused

The main difference I saw was the og focused on Emiya's perspective while Unlimited Blade Works focuses on Rin Tohsaka and her archer.
Sep 4, 2023 10:12 PM
Nov 2021
Unlimited Bladeworks > Fate Zero > Heavens Feel movies.
If you want a easy understanding
Sep 4, 2023 11:18 PM
Jun 2022
Do you want the short version or the long version?
Sep 5, 2023 2:58 AM

Jun 2021
best way to watch: zero -> ubw
if u wanna watch everything: zero -> 2006 -> ubw -> HF -> all the others
Sep 5, 2023 10:33 AM
Jan 2022
I watched zero -> stay night 2006 -> ubw -> heavens feels. Imo you should watch zero before stay night 2006 because it provides some much needed context.
Sep 5, 2023 10:43 AM
Jul 2023
Alexioos95 said:
bezardo said:

If you want the full order :

However , the 1st Episode of Zero basically spoils 60% of all the plot twists in the 3 Fate/Stay Night stories...
At that point , it'll probably be better if you finished Zero first.

thanks man for this I needed this so badly
Sep 5, 2023 12:58 PM

Jan 2021
MohammedQ2003 said:
I watched zero -> stay night 2006 -> ubw -> heavens feels. Imo you should watch zero before stay night 2006 because it provides some much needed context.

but also removes the point of a mystery story.
Read the visual novel nerd
Sep 5, 2023 2:04 PM
Jan 2022
Reply to salad77
MohammedQ2003 said:

but also removes the point of a mystery story.
@salad77 I'm not sure if mystery is often associated with this series. Also, the plot points that would otherwise be mentioned in Zero are pretty important, and stay night would be confusing. If you look at the reviews for stay night on MAL, you'll see a lot of people asking questions and mentioning the missing info stating that it didn't make sense. All of that would be avoided by watching Zero first.
Sep 5, 2023 2:11 PM

Jan 2021
Reply to MohammedQ2003
@salad77 I'm not sure if mystery is often associated with this series. Also, the plot points that would otherwise be mentioned in Zero are pretty important, and stay night would be confusing. If you look at the reviews for stay night on MAL, you'll see a lot of people asking questions and mentioning the missing info stating that it didn't make sense. All of that would be avoided by watching Zero first.
@MohammedQ2003
The Info didnt make sense because Stay night is a trilogy as one story, whatever isnt answered in Sabers Route will be answered in UBW and Heavens Feel.

The only information Zero answers is the story of the 4th War, other than that its not really important to Stay Night outside of how Kiritsugu Shapes Shirous Ideals and enhances the story.

the mystery part is not associated with the series because everyone watches Zero and gets most plot twists already spoiled for them so they dont realize that those were supposed to be actual reveals in Stay Night, like how you dont know anything about sakura until Heavens Feel.

but also the 2006 adaptation for whatever reason added filler from heavens feel to make it more confusing. < Also why i reccomend the Fan Edit of 2006

alot of people seem to forget that Fate/Stay night is a Slow Burn mystery story, and the fact that Zero came out after Stay night and the Author even tells people to experience Zero after Stay Night.
Read the visual novel nerd

More topics from this board

» Order

Shadow__-Monarch - May 4

23 by Alexioos95 »»
May 7, 10:45 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

TuzoAnime - Jun 16, 2008

83 by FedeMetal »»
May 5, 6:50 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

DaBigD - Oct 3, 2008

137 by FedeMetal »»
May 1, 6:08 PM

» VN fan are annoying as Hell

chevalierkraken - Apr 23

30 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 27, 10:20 AM

» Why do people consider 2006 Fate/Stay Night anime bad?

zckfox - May 13, 2023

45 by chevalierkraken »»
Apr 25, 10:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.