Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Maybe they are testing the waters for Part 1 remake... ... Please, don't write stuff like "I don't want remake." Nobody cares what you want.

New
Aug 30, 2023 6:21 AM
Aug 2023
Modern animation, no fillers (not that I ever had anything against fillers though), maybe just some new canon anime only content to deepen the relationship of Team 7...

Also, it WAS already 20 years since original series started.
Aug 30, 2023 6:35 AM
Jul 2018
arkansel7 said:
maybe just some new canon anime only content to deepen the relationship of Team 7...

Okay, that is literally filler.
Aug 30, 2023 6:38 AM

Jul 2023
Maybe.
But if it's Pierrot, you will have to wait at least to 2025, because they are busy with TYBW
Aug 30, 2023 6:41 AM
Wannabe Idol ✌ ♥

Jan 2018
I would love a remake of the entire series that isn’t so padded for time. Even slipping filler episodes the anime is just so repetitive and slow.

Still I have a hard time getting my hopes up…

Did you hear me?
I said I'm gonna do my best!!
Aug 30, 2023 6:42 AM
Aug 2023
El001 said:
arkansel7 said:
maybe just some new canon anime only content to deepen the relationship of Team 7...

Okay, that is literally filler.
You are right, but honestly, who gives a fuck at this point?

Kishimoto himself retconned, changed, or just simply forgot many things in story.

Aug 30, 2023 6:58 AM
May 2009
I'll believe a remake is in the works if Toei remakes dragonball first. it's been more than 30 years since it debuted. They shouldve remade dragonball and z arcs withinf Db super as flashback arcs before continuing with db super storyline after the universe tournment.

i doubt naruto will be remade soon. i havent touched boruto yet, but i know a timeskip is in the works and they will probably finish that first before start milking again the og series
Aug 30, 2023 7:59 AM
Apr 2019
Dayummmm,i thought everyone cared about my opinions more than their own well being 😰
Aug 30, 2023 9:05 AM
May 2021
I mean what would be the point in them doing that if they’re going to remake it, they remake everything and that’s a massive undertaking. Also, why the fuck would they? Original Naruto minus the filler is still about 90 episodes worth of content. No way will studio pierrot dedicate that much time to remaking something.
Aug 30, 2023 10:10 AM
Feb 2021
There are a lot of great manga out there that need and deserve an adaptation. There is no need for a remake of Naruto
Aug 30, 2023 12:00 PM
Aug 2023
The Naruto Anime isn't really good because the Manga is way better.
That's why I have never cared about the Anime.
But now they will give me some solid Episodes of this.
I'm excited if they can hold my expectations. ^^
Aug 30, 2023 12:14 PM
Nov 2019
i dont have enough info on this to speak but . . . its one of the big three so I gotta make a statement (even if it ends up being wrong) so I'm just gonna rapid fire some fluf and hope it sticks.
1- no one asked for more naruto! in fact, I'm pretty sure people are screaming for boruto to be burned and buried. this has to be a cash grab.
2-pierrot is one of those studios I've lost hope in . . . so unless they change the studio, I'm not looking forward to this . . .
3-this probably gonna be some 20th anniversary special or some other nonsense.
4-naruto of all things?! get to adapting something original. or even if you want to go down the hoolywood rabi thole, remake something that actually failed or is too outdated . . . not motherfucking naruto!!! shits still better than half the garbage that's being presented this season!
5-why are you posting this on an alt? very sus I must say . . .
6-modern animation would add nothing to naruto. remakes like this rearly succeed . . . and even if it does, you already know some jackass is gonna plant his foot down screaming "they ruined naruto forever cuz in that one hieroglyph NTR doujin i read aloud in a plane once, naruto was half a pixel taller than what they drew"
Aug 30, 2023 12:53 PM

Jun 2016
Or they'll take the easy route and make a more manga accurate alternative cut like what Toei did with DBZ.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Aug 30, 2023 1:29 PM
Mar 2023
Bro no one cares what you want either
Aug 30, 2023 2:31 PM
Aug 2023
TheRealRouges said:
There are a lot of great manga out there that need and deserve an adaptation. There is no need for a remake of Naruto
Naruto is megappular.

You can't compare it with some irrelevant crap that you like.
Aug 30, 2023 2:58 PM
Aug 2020
kushakashi said:
i dont have enough info on this to speak but . . . its one of the big three so I gotta make a statement (even if it ends up being wrong) so I'm just gonna rapid fire some fluf and hope it sticks.
1- no one asked for more naruto! in fact, I'm pretty sure people are screaming for boruto to be burned and buried. this has to be a cash grab.
2-pierrot is one of those studios I've lost hope in . . . so unless they change the studio, I'm not looking forward to this . . .
4-naruto of all things?! get to adapting something original. or even if you want to go down the hoolywood rabi thole, remake something that actually failed or is too outdated . . . not motherfucking naruto!!! shits still better than half the garbage that's being presented this season!
6-modern animation would add nothing to naruto. remakes like this rearly succeed . . . and even if it does, you already know some jackass is gonna plant his foot down screaming "they ruined naruto forever cuz in that one hieroglyph NTR doujin i read aloud in a plane once, naruto was half a pixel taller than what they drew"

pierrot is an amazing studio when they have the time. just look at bleach right now
Aug 30, 2023 8:39 PM
Feb 2021
arkansel7 said:
TheRealRouges said:
Naruto is megappular.

You can't compare it with some irrelevant crap that you like.

Maybe is the crap is what you can find in you brain, making this on a fake account. Are you afraid we can judge your probably awful taste? Who the fuck cares what’s popular and what’s not? If you just watch (because reading is really difficult huh) pupular shit that’s your problem, stay in your cave of ignorance
Aug 31, 2023 4:41 AM
Nov 2019
ratliker63 said:
kushakashi said:

pierrot is an amazing studio when they have the time. just look at bleach right now
thats true, but just look at anything that's not the new bleach. sure there's the occasional og naruto and some episodes of black clover but all I see in a typical pierrot adaptation is unnecessary haist. they're always in a rush to adapt anything they get their hand no as soon as they can that they fumble all over themself. (I might still be butthurt over tokyo ghoul but it doesn't change the fact that pierrot is more likely to fuck up a thing than to get it right)
Aug 31, 2023 4:50 AM
Aug 2020
kushakashi said:
ratliker63 said:

thats true, but just look at anything that's not the new bleach. sure there's the occasional og naruto and some episodes of black clover but all I see in a typical pierrot adaptation is unnecessary haist. they're always in a rush to adapt anything they get their hand no as soon as they can that they fumble all over themself. (I might still be butthurt over tokyo ghoul but it doesn't change the fact that pierrot is more likely to fuck up a thing than to get it right)

kingdom is great after season 1. great teacher onizuka is one of the greatest anime ever made, Yu Yu Hakusho and Urusei Yatsura are beloved vintage shows. really the only things from pierrot that are widely agreed to be bad are Boruto (which still had some great scenes), Tokyo ghoul (which was also well animated mostly, just wasn't as good as the manga) and Kingdom season 1 (but it kept getting better since)
you wanna see a really bad studio? look at toei. toei is the epitome of rushing, money grubbing bullshit in anime
Sep 1, 2023 1:32 AM
Nov 2019
Reply to ratliker63
kushakashi said:
ratliker63 said:

kingdom is great after season 1. great teacher onizuka is one of the greatest anime ever made, Yu Yu Hakusho and Urusei Yatsura are beloved vintage shows. really the only things from pierrot that are widely agreed to be bad are Boruto (which still had some great scenes), Tokyo ghoul (which was also well animated mostly, just wasn't as good as the manga) and Kingdom season 1 (but it kept getting better since)
you wanna see a really bad studio? look at toei. toei is the epitome of rushing, money grubbing bullshit in anime
@ratliker63
(i dont know whats going on with mal, sorry if this is confusing, it's all i could manage)
gto didn't need an adaptation to be good. they could legit just make a powerpoint presentation and it still would've been good just by sheer source material power. yuyu hakusho and yatsura are kinda the same deal, they came out in a time when there was not many alternatives, so just an acceptable adaptation was good enough for the fans.
this might be me misunderstanding, but you seem to think the only thing a studio does in animate a manga. thats definitely not it. studios have their own storyboard and story direction. tokyo ghoul wasn't just bad, it wasn't tokyo ghoul! only like 20% of season 1 is somewhat accurate to the manga, the rest is effectively poorly written fanfic.
we all know boruto was a mistake. and kingdom sucks (all of it, not just season 1) if that wasn't the case it'd be as popular and highly regarded as vinland saga (cuz the magna is constantly being compared to it)
and lets not point fingers, we can safely point at deen and laugh for days without solving anything. bad studios (toei in this case) shouldn't be your standard. the base line studios for me are silver fox and j.c staff, perfectly mid studios with some bangers some atrocities but mostly mid shows.
now to those you didn't mention, they half assed yona (and messed up the part they adapted), baby steps and kickers fail at ripping off better shows (how does that even happed?!), we all know how the original ghost stories went (not the dub), twin star exorcists is unwatchable over the age of 12, did you know i''s had an adaptation? (cuz i sure didnt) and i could also point at platinum end but thats more of a source material problem so we're just gonna skip that (the animation still sucks though)
and even when they get something kinda right like nils or akudama drive, it still feels somewhat rushed and disconnected.
all in all, im not saying pierrot is the worst studio ever (that would be deen), im just saying they're on the lower side of mid for me.
kushakashiSep 1, 2023 1:36 AM
Sep 1, 2023 6:12 AM

Jul 2015
Watching well paced Naruto with no fillers and modernized visuals would be a dream come true.
I would love to see Rock Lee vs Gaara fight with modern animation.

Sep 1, 2023 10:20 AM
Jul 2022
"I don't want a remake"
Sep 1, 2023 5:54 PM

Aug 2017
Please, don't write stuff like '"Please, don't write stuff like "I don't want remake." Nobody cares what you want."' Nobody cares what you want.
Sep 4, 2023 10:40 PM
Nov 2021
why would they remake such a long anime when they already gained profit from it? ignoring all the filler, It will still take 430 episodes to finish, which could take years if It's long running again. There are direction, storyboarding, script witting, music and it will take huge budget to do all that. I don't think they will just copy 1:1 from the previous version. and there are new anime like Black Clover and they are already working on Boruto.
Sep 5, 2023 12:58 AM
Aug 2023
Reply to ToufiqHassan
why would they remake such a long anime when they already gained profit from it? ignoring all the filler, It will still take 430 episodes to finish, which could take years if It's long running again. There are direction, storyboarding, script witting, music and it will take huge budget to do all that. I don't think they will just copy 1:1 from the previous version. and there are new anime like Black Clover and they are already working on Boruto.
@ToufiqHassan Because remakes make money.
Sep 6, 2023 8:33 AM
Dec 2013
Yeah, a remake of Part 1 would be nice because personally to me, digital ink and paint anime from 2000 to 2005 have aged horribly with bleak art etc which doesn't fit the tone in any lighthearted and comedy anime made during that period, and Naruto Part 1 is from 2002, and doesn't hold up visually anymore, and I think that's a good enough reason for a remake. A remake of Dragon Ball would be cool too because the original has stiff animation and is slow-paced.
wildhoodFeb 4, 6:50 PM
Sep 6, 2023 8:36 AM

Oct 2013
I mean, if somehow they make shino ten ten and neji more relevant, I'll gladly watch it.
Sep 7, 2023 8:49 PM
Oct 2021
a fan made "naruto kai" and removed all fillers, extended stare-downs, unnecessary flashbacks, recaps, and opening/endings (you get to hear each one once essentially).
the entire series of naruto + shippuden is reduced to 72 episodes long, and episodes are about 90 minutes long each.
such a wonderful way to watch / rewatch the show. takes it from an 8/10 to a 10/10.
Nov 25, 2023 11:01 PM

Dec 2014
@wildhood
wildhood said:
Yeah, a remake of Part 1 would be nice because personally to me, digital ink and paint anime from 2000 to 2005 have aged horribly, and Naruto Part 1 is from 2002, and doesn't hold up visually anymore, and I think that's a good enough reason for a remake. A remake of Dragon Ball would be cool too because the original has stiff animation and is slow-paced.

You can't be serious... First Arc, Zabuza Arc, and the Chunnin Exams had by far the best animation in the whole series.

ToufiqHassan said:
why would they remake such a long anime when they already gained profit from it? ignoring all the filler, It will still take 430 episodes to finish, which could take years if It's long-running again. There are direction, storyboarding, script witting, music and it will take huge budget to do all that. I don't think they will just copy 1:1 from the previous version. and there are new anime like Black Clover and they are already working on Boruto.

Because they can make more money out of it? It may shock you to learn, but there is a generation of anime fans now, who watch Boruto, but never watched the original. Lots of fans are discouraged from investing the time to watch a 700-episode series. But if you remake it, and it airs again, people can watch it.

@Piromysl
Piromysl said:
Watching well paced Naruto with no fillers and modernized visuals would be a dream come true.

Why thou? To this day, Gara vs Rock Lee is one of the best-animated fighting scene ever. What can modern animation even add to that stellar sakuga? The fillers are also skippable, is not like they were mixing in any way with the cannon.

There is definitely going to be a remake at a point. I mean, they did it with Dragon Ball... but I don't necessarily think that is a good thing. The original holds very well, despise being 20 years old... in fact, the oldest 40 episodes or so, are the best animated in the whole damn series. There are fillers, but is not like they added original content like with FMA, there are just filler episodes and filler arcs, all of which can be skipped. (in fact, if any part needs a remake, that's Shippuden) Modern art isn't really necessary, because Naruto looks modern even by today's standards. But most of all, I don't think a remake would be done right. We saw with many remakes those days, that they are made with the idea that the fans already watched the original, so the pacing gets all over the place. Outside of Hunter x Hunter, FMA Brotherhood, and Dororo, did we get another remake that beats or at least stands on the same level as the original?
kronopyNov 25, 2023 11:19 PM
Dec 3, 2023 4:39 AM
Jul 2010
Reply to kronopy
@wildhood
wildhood said:
Yeah, a remake of Part 1 would be nice because personally to me, digital ink and paint anime from 2000 to 2005 have aged horribly, and Naruto Part 1 is from 2002, and doesn't hold up visually anymore, and I think that's a good enough reason for a remake. A remake of Dragon Ball would be cool too because the original has stiff animation and is slow-paced.

You can't be serious... First Arc, Zabuza Arc, and the Chunnin Exams had by far the best animation in the whole series.

ToufiqHassan said:
why would they remake such a long anime when they already gained profit from it? ignoring all the filler, It will still take 430 episodes to finish, which could take years if It's long-running again. There are direction, storyboarding, script witting, music and it will take huge budget to do all that. I don't think they will just copy 1:1 from the previous version. and there are new anime like Black Clover and they are already working on Boruto.

Because they can make more money out of it? It may shock you to learn, but there is a generation of anime fans now, who watch Boruto, but never watched the original. Lots of fans are discouraged from investing the time to watch a 700-episode series. But if you remake it, and it airs again, people can watch it.

@Piromysl
Piromysl said:

Why thou? To this day, Gara vs Rock Lee is one of the best-animated fighting scene ever. What can modern animation even add to that stellar sakuga? The fillers are also skippable, is not like they were mixing in any way with the cannon.

There is definitely going to be a remake at a point. I mean, they did it with Dragon Ball... but I don't necessarily think that is a good thing. The original holds very well, despise being 20 years old... in fact, the oldest 40 episodes or so, are the best animated in the whole damn series. There are fillers, but is not like they added original content like with FMA, there are just filler episodes and filler arcs, all of which can be skipped. (in fact, if any part needs a remake, that's Shippuden) Modern art isn't really necessary, because Naruto looks modern even by today's standards. But most of all, I don't think a remake would be done right. We saw with many remakes those days, that they are made with the idea that the fans already watched the original, so the pacing gets all over the place. Outside of Hunter x Hunter, FMA Brotherhood, and Dororo, did we get another remake that beats or at least stands on the same level as the original?
kronopy said:
Outside of Hunter x Hunter, FMA Brotherhood, and Dororo, did we get another remake that beats or at least stands on the same level as the original?

I didn't watch the remake of FMA and the original of Dororo, so I can't say anything. But the remake of HxH didn't beat or stand the same level as the original both in animation, scenario and director's work. It looked cheaper, faster, louder. But I was happy to see the continuation of the story.

As for Naruto, a remake of the story will be good if it strongly leads manga both in visual part and scenario. Original anime was good in the oldest episodes, as you said, but soon it started to spoil its characters, making them go circles, rewritten their characters and even past. I dropped it as Shippuden started and was really surprised by how good manga was in comparison to anime even before Shippuden.
Dec 27, 2023 11:55 PM

Apr 2015
Studio Pierrot can do a job of remaking Naruto if they adhere strictly to the manga. It's gonna be a treat if it ever does happen someday.
Feb 26, 5:44 AM

Nov 2014
obvious bait post to get some attention u didn't get from your family. no one cares what you want dude.
Mar 25, 9:10 PM
Jun 2016
Reply to ratliker63
kushakashi said:
ratliker63 said:

@ratliker63 pierrot is ass yea they doing bleach now when the manga weekly hype has died down long so it has no affect on physical sales of tv rating in japan they doing the same for bc it's sales are so bad Tokyo ghoul kindgom ruined for most part toei has issues too but only with op overall they do good in Digimon precure slam dunk movie even dragon quest
Apr 4, 8:12 AM
Apr 2023
I don’t want a remake
Apr 15, 4:17 AM
Jul 2020
Reply to saravanavsk
@ratliker63 pierrot is ass yea they doing bleach now when the manga weekly hype has died down long so it has no affect on physical sales of tv rating in japan they doing the same for bc it's sales are so bad Tokyo ghoul kindgom ruined for most part toei has issues too but only with op overall they do good in Digimon precure slam dunk movie even dragon quest
@saravanavsk Tokyo Ghoul being a shoddy adaptation wasn't Pierrot's fault. For one, Ishida Sui had originally intended for the anime to deviate from the manga, and he created drafts specifically for this. Two, this vision of the anime was hindered by producers (the production committee). For what reason, no one knows. Regardless, an animation production studio doesn't normally contribute to the overall creation. It's the staff and the committee that ultimately matters. The committees hold the reigns on every anime; they finance these anime, so it kind of makes sense.

Kingdom's anime adaptation has been awesome for the past three seasons (I exclude the first one) and the fifth one is continuing that trend. TYBW has been a god-tier adaptation so far, with its high quality production and story expansions. Yatagarasu is one of the best anime this season (imo at least). The only reason Boruto and Black Clover got gutted, was because of the ridiculous schedules. Yet, they proved to be successful enough despite this. From here on out, it looks like they're going to get better.

That being said, I don't want a remake. Not for a long while, at least.
daft_marinerApr 15, 4:24 AM

More topics from this board

» perfect timing for big 3 return

UchihaItachi64 - Dec 27, 2023

7 by saravanavsk »»
Mar 25, 9:07 PM

» Plot Synopsis of the Anime Revealed !

TheDeadmanII - Aug 30, 2023

16 by mokkocchi »»
Jan 3, 9:29 PM

» Animation

Naveen6662246 - Dec 11, 2023

5 by mokkocchi »»
Dec 15, 2023 3:46 AM

» About the air date:

WingedKnight0440 - Sep 24, 2023

8 by valoon »»
Nov 7, 2023 11:45 AM

» New Issue of V-Jump says that it will start airing October 24th

ItzElite - Sep 14, 2023

3 by The_Weekly_Jay »»
Sep 14, 2023 5:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.