Forum Settings
Forums

Manga 'Sengoku Youko' Gets TV Anime for Winter 2024

New
Aug 10, 2023 7:47 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
An official website opened for a television anime adaptation of Satoshi Mizukami's Sengoku Youko manga on Thursday and revealed the main cast, staff, teaser visual, and teaser promotional video. The anime will run for 37 episodes total and is scheduled to premiere in January 2024 on Tokyo MX, ABC TV, Me-Tele, and BS Asahi.

Cast
Jinka Yamato: Souma Saitou (Rurouni Kenshin: Meiji Kenkaku Romantan (2023))
Tama Youko: Yuuki Takada (Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon)
Shinsuke Hyoudou: Ryouhei Kimura (Tales of Zestiria the Cross)
Shakuyaku: Tomoyo Kurosawa (Cyberpunk: Edgerunners)
Senya: Hiroki Nanami (Somali to Mori no Kamisama)
Tsukiko: Maaya Uchida (Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta...)

Staff
Director: Masahiro Aizawa (Hakyuu Houshin Engi, Mawaru Penguindrum episode director)
Series Composition, Script: Jukki Hanada (Steins;Gate, Hibike! Euphonium)
Character Design: Yousuke Okuda (Kunoichi Tsubaki no Mune no Uchi, Blend S)
Music: Evan Call (Watashi no Shiawase na Kekkon, Violet Evergarden)
Studio: White Fox

Mizukami serialized the action fantasy manga in the Monthly Comic Blade magazine from December 2007 to July 2014 and then transferred to the Comic Blade website from September 2014 to May 2016. Mag Garden shipped the 17th and final volume in June 2016.

Tokyopop licensed the manga in English in August last year and released the second volume on July 11. The third volume is scheduled to go on sale on September 26.

Synopsis
The world is divided into two factions: humans and monsters called katawara. Despite being a katawara, Tama loves humans and vows to protect them from evil, even if it means fighting her own kind. Her brother Jinka, however, hates humans, despite mostly being one. The siblings are joined by a cowardly swordsman named Shinsuke, who wants to learn how to become strong.

When the group uncovers a plot to experiment on humans and transform them into monsters, they vow to defeat whoever is behind it... Even if it means battling an entire army of warriors.

The people they meet, places they see, and creatures they battle will be legendary! (Source: Tokyopop)

Teaser PV

Official site: https://sengoku-youko.com/
Official Twitter: @sengoku_youko

Source: Comic Natalie

Sengoku Youko on MAL
DatRandomDudeAug 10, 2023 3:11 PM
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Aug 10, 2023 7:52 AM

Jan 2009
the author made Planet With and Spirit Circle that i really like so hype
Aug 10, 2023 8:09 AM

Oct 2018
3 continuous cours, damn. Should be a complete adaptation.
Aug 10, 2023 8:10 AM

Jan 2009
Etherius_ZS said:

do you think its continuous airing or split cours?
Aug 10, 2023 8:18 AM

Apr 2012
Will White Fox take care of Inuyasha for the boys? This is the first time I've heard of manga, but I'll definitely check it out.
Aug 10, 2023 8:23 AM

Oct 2018
deg said:
Etherius_ZS said:

The simple answer would obviously be split unless it turns into a still frames fest few episodes in. They were recruiting animators few months ago. But I got no clue if that's enough for their projects.

Rezero should be WhiteFox too I think, and that thing will be planned as a 2 cour series minimum, although don't think that's confirmed to be 2024.

Aug 10, 2023 8:25 AM

Jan 2009
Etherius_ZS said:
deg said:

The simple answer would obviously be split unless it turns into a still frames fest few episodes in. They were recruiting animators few months ago. But I got no clue if that's enough for their projects.

Rezero should be WhiteFox too I think, and that thing will be planned as a 2 cour series minimum, although don't think that's confirmed to be 2024.

ye im not expecting this to be a priority project for White Fox too so i guess im just gonna expect at least good AD consistency at least
Aug 10, 2023 8:30 AM

Jul 2015
White Fox is back, baby!

Aug 10, 2023 8:46 AM

Oct 2018
deg said:
Etherius_ZS said:

ye im not expecting this to be a priority project for White Fox too so i guess im just gonna expect at least good AD consistency at least

Should be fine, I guess, PV looks quite nice but it's mostly going to be the important scenes that would look good. Neither I won't mind any sort of break in the release either.
Aug 10, 2023 8:47 AM

Jan 2009
Etherius_ZS said:
deg said:

Should be fine, I guess, PV looks quite nice but it's mostly going to be the important scenes that would look good. Neither I won't mind any sort of break in the release either.

yep im gonna watch this one
Aug 10, 2023 9:19 AM

Oct 2017
One of the rare 3 cour shows these days, split cour prolly?
Aug 10, 2023 11:42 AM

May 2020
I bet it'd be the same new trend of split cours with the same stupid nomenclature of "part x" following the title.

Though looking forward otherwise, as PV looked genuinely good and is from a reputable author.
Aug 10, 2023 11:58 AM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
deg said:
I don't have the heart to believe the anime industry will do Spirit Circle justice, but it is a pleasant surprise to hear a 3 cour announcement in this day and age within the anime industry. Good luck anistaff I guess.
Aug 10, 2023 3:18 PM

Jan 2009
Fario-P said:
deg said:
I don't have the heart to believe the anime industry will do Spirit Circle justice, but it is a pleasant surprise to hear a 3 cour announcement in this day and age within the anime industry. Good luck anistaff I guess.

true especially if Spirit Circle is unpopular in Japan too like his other works is
Aug 11, 2023 12:40 AM

Jun 2019
Welcome Back White Fox 🎉
Aug 11, 2023 3:28 AM

Jul 2021
Looks so much better than whatever the fuck was Hoshi no Samidare in terms of yeah.. the obvious.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Aug 11, 2023 5:08 AM

Feb 2012
Looks like a fun series to follow around as it airs. This might be the one for 2024.
Aug 15, 2023 9:58 AM

Nov 2008
I consider Spirit Circle to be that author's best work so it's a bit of a shame to see two of his other, older manga get adaptations instead.

I also don't believe this will be a good/faithful adaptation either. First off, Tama's design appears altered to me - with round face and big forehead she looks like one of the girls from Souichirou Yamamoto's works (Takagi-san etc.). In manga, her face looks much more "sharp":

Also, considering that, as far as I know, Hoshi no Samidare adaptation was, let's say, "watered down" in certain aspects (that aspect being pantyshots), I don't believe upcoming Sengoku Youko adaptation will do one of the characters justice due to her nudist loli goddess nature:

AnimeThemes.moe <- the largest collection of anime Openings & Endings on the Web
AnimeMusicQuiz.com <- guess an anime from your list by it's Opening/Ending music browser game
Aug 20, 2023 12:42 AM
Jan 2023
Genoard said:
I consider Spirit Circle to be that author's best work so it's a bit of a shame to see two of his other, older manga get adaptations instead.

I also don't believe this will be a good/faithful adaptation either. First off, Tama's design appears altered to me - with round face and big forehead she looks like one of the girls from Souichirou Yamamoto's works (Takagi-san etc.). In manga, her face looks much more "sharp":

Also, considering that, as far as I know, Hoshi no Samidare adaptation was, let's say, "watered down" in certain aspects (that aspect being pantyshots), I don't believe upcoming Sengoku Youko adaptation will do one of the characters justice due to her nudist loli goddess nature:

I love Spirit Circle as well (quite obvious if you look at my profile) but both Samidare and Sengoku Youko are still pretty good. And while I dislike Jinka and Tama's character design, everyone else looks fine. Looking at the author's twitter account, he seems to have more enthusiasm for this adaptation than Samidare, so I think it'll end up good. Though time will tell whether or not this will be a good adaptation.
InNeedOfANameAug 20, 2023 11:28 PM

More topics from this board

» 'Mononoke: Karakasa' Reveals Supporting Cast, Theme Song, Trailer

DatRandomDude - May 1

8 by DARM11 »»
1 hour ago

» 'Kaijuu 8-gou' Unveils Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

2 by deg »»
3 hours ago

» BL Manga 'Ten Count' Gets Anime Adaptation ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Mar 25, 2018

73 by EmmyBomb »»
3 hours ago

» 'Kono Sekai wa Fukanzen Sugiru' Reveals Additional Cast, Theme Songs

Nioxys - Yesterday

1 by Clarkjani »»
5 hours ago

» 'Kakuriyo no Yadomeshi' Gets Second Season in Fall 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 30

18 by Jopping »»
Yesterday, 6:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.