Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 26, 2023 9:54 AM

Jun 2021
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Woo how did Pickle get the ass from Nicki Minaj. Also the first time I'm seeing him bleed from his mouth from Baki's kick.

Absolutely amazing fight but this is not the end, what happens after that we'll see in the next part of "Son of ogre season 2 part 2" which most probably will come in August.
Yandere_@lover
Jul 26, 2023 11:51 AM

Aug 2017
OP_Rider said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.

Woo how did Pickle get the ass from Nicki Minaj. Also the first time I'm seeing him bleed from his mouth from Baki's kick.

Absolutely amazing fight but this is not the end, what happens after that we'll see in the next part of "Son of ogre season 2 part 2" which most probably will come in August.

Was the pacing ok? They did 14 volumes of the manga in 13 episodes after all
Jul 26, 2023 1:50 PM
Mar 2020
pickle is really cool character and they adapt the manga pretty well
Jul 26, 2023 2:03 PM
Aug 2022
JudgmentArrows said:
OP_Rider said:

I also want to know the same but I think most of the manga panels are just one character taking pose and full of fighting
Jul 26, 2023 3:49 PM
Aug 2020
it was great

unpredictable,a lot of great fights etc

i enjoyed every episodes...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Jul 26, 2023 8:42 PM
Jul 2023
Why in every baki fight they focus on audience speck and the fight not be epic why not focus on the fight it would be better I hope in baki Vs his father they focus on the fight it would be epic fight
Jul 26, 2023 11:12 PM
Jun 2021
my only minor complaint is that there should be more focus on the fight instead of every character narrarating it and giving a detailed 200 year old super secret history lesson about a move that’s used once in a fight m

fun season tho
Jul 27, 2023 12:27 AM

Jun 2021
JudgmentArrows said:

demonaman293 said:

I also want to know the same but I think most of the manga panels are just one character taking pose and full of fighting

First of all it's Netflix, what do you expect! Personally I don't like Netflix, why do they have to ruin all the animes.

2nd, they did skip many manga panels which was not good, they could've skipped more less. But considering it was full of excitement, I won't complain.

The real problem is, I don't know if they will ever show Yujiro Hanma's origin or that time when he lost his virginity, travelling the world etc. And the part about Baki's mother being a bi*ch, when she cheated her husband with Yujiro Hanma. Grappler Baki 2001 does a good job at that (but animation is a little old). New Baki is all about fighting not the story.
So you can watch Grappler Baki (if you can handle the animation) and then read the manga if you haven’t finished already. Because the new Baki won't live up to expectations.
OP_RiderJul 27, 2023 12:32 AM
Yandere_@lover
Jul 27, 2023 1:08 AM
May 2022
the baki could've been better animated. but i understand they are saving the budget for father and son fight. aswesome season. 8/10
Jul 27, 2023 2:14 PM

Nov 2016
Obama tenure. The treaty between the US and Yujiro is still one of the most hilarious things in this series lmao.

As always a blast to watch, but I'm most hyped for the next part.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 28, 2023 5:39 AM
Jan 2022
This episode makes a good argument for the current Jujutsu Kaisen fanbase.
According to Retsu, whoever remains standing is the winner and the strongest, therefore by his logic, Pickle > Baki ------------------ Sukuna > Gojo
According to Hanayama, if a person resort to 'weapon' they don't usually use, they admit their inferiority, therefore Pickle < Baki----Sukuna < Gojo
Jul 28, 2023 6:12 AM
Apr 2020
there were no animations only sliding pictures, the record of ragnarok treatement hits baki
Jul 29, 2023 10:07 AM
Jul 2022
What a conclusion. The fights were all good. I cant believe Baki LOST! Why did he have to act so cocky?! I think when Misashi Miyamoto comes in it will make Baki an even stronger being and he will beat pickle. Hopefully the second part of season 2 exceeds or at least meets the standard of this part. W ANIME
Jul 29, 2023 12:49 PM

Jun 2016
Barack Ozma pledging to Yujiro LOL
Jul 29, 2023 3:53 PM

Oct 2011

FMmatron said:
Obama tenure. The treaty between the US and Yujiro is still one of the most hilarious things in this series lmao.
I don't know who you're talking about. That was clearly Barack Ozma.
Jul 31, 2023 3:19 AM

Sep 2014
Did the last season of Baki have this little animation to it too? I feel like I remember there being more going on.  It's not as garbage as Record of Ragnarok I feel, as while it is a lot of still images, I think editing and execution is better here, like I dropped Record after a few episodes with how bad it was, but I binged this season of Baki.

That aside, this is just another insane season.  I also realized how much I love the Baki English dub actor, some of the lines he does are so good, though they did screw up the dub twice by getting Pickles height completely wrong.  The idea that Pickles is "6'5"" is so funny, because then it makes most other people not even 5 feet tall lol There were an animation error or two throughout also, so it's not just a dub thing, but nothing that bothered me too much.
Aug 1, 2023 10:20 AM
Jan 2021
I think having an undetermined victor was a good story building idea
Aug 2, 2023 9:25 PM

Jul 2013
I think it's too early for Baki to beat Pickle anyway. 

8 this show is very entertaining lol Barack Ozma
Aug 3, 2023 3:58 PM
Apr 2020
awesomely incredible
Aug 4, 2023 5:42 AM

May 2020
this was another amazing seasn of baki
can wait for the next batch of eps to drop

Aug 7, 2023 5:24 PM
Aug 2023
Am i the only one waiting to see baki Dad Fight Pickle...lol
Aug 8, 2023 5:16 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Honestly, the best conclusion for the season, which was a very entertaining one in the most Baki fashion.
Aug 11, 2023 1:16 PM
May 2021
Damn this season has been so enjoyable so far! Need more!!
Aug 13, 2023 1:52 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
This is final episode of this season? Well overall this season is so well adapted as always.

Albeit I don't know why Baki did something which made him lose purposely twice.
The narrator sure loves history lesson which half of them are unnecessary to tell.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Aug 13, 2023 6:10 PM
Apr 2022
A great conclusion to one of the better arcs of Baki. This is also the cataclyst to one of the greatest fights in all of animanga and by far the best Baki arc, the Father vs Son duel. Baki is a must watch for simple fun, or to actually analyze the motivations of each martial artist.
Aug 17, 2023 3:53 PM

Apr 2021
Peak fictionium, absolute kino, very happy with how my favorite arc got adapted
Aug 19, 2023 2:39 PM
Jul 2022
Can't wait to see baki vs yujiro
Aug 22, 2023 1:22 AM

Dec 2015
Liked it. The pacing felt a bit fast though - for the first time. Were the previous seasons less volumes per episode? The 14 volumes in 13 episodes (which someone mentioned) sounds really a lot. And I thought they should have given more time to other chars - there were more that wanted to fight Pickle at the beginning. (Who was the hidden guy Yujiro noticed in episode 1 - was that Gaia?) Did they get a chance to fight him in the manga or were there only mainly only Retsu and Katsumi as well?

I do not mind netflix. They had bad original stuff like AICO but the new Baki adaptions have been good so far. Yes more focus on action - but that is the most fun. Char exploration and story was best in the 2nd part of the old series I think. (Tournament arc.) I like the setup: First having focus on other chars. Then letting Baki fight. And the US always is fun lol. I hope they adapt more and more until the Trump era. Was a bit fast though - switching to that scene. And then quickly dealing with Pickle.

I liked the Payne guy (looking like Einstein and same first name). And the spectator point of view - I also like that. Lliked it in the prison arc with Oliva Biscuit as well. Best is the pure narrator though lol. The scene where he just explained the trash loot guy (taht then got destroyed by Pickle who took his clothes) ... was just great. The only better narrator I can remember is the guy in Kaiji the Tonegawa series. ("Power Poooooint".) There it comes from his voice acting and the narrator skill. (According to google research he is not a anime VA by nature but doing narrating/announcing for real life stuff.)

Here the narrator's quality is mainly created by the script/writing (and the scoure) of course.
Aug 24, 2023 2:37 AM

Jul 2009
I don't think yuujirou should show up unless he's going to fight, it's been many seasons of him just doing nothing

🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳
🌳                             🌳
🌳     🐝           🦝       🌲   🌳 
🌳      Cursor Nature reserve           🌳
🌳        🦋        🦩     🐕    🌳
🌳                              🌳
🌳      🐐        🌲       🐧    🌳
🌳                              🌳
🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳
Aug 26, 2023 5:45 PM
Dec 2020
lika always amazing masterpiece so far
Sep 28, 2023 5:07 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
It was a suprise, Baki lost!!!
kekeke

Pickle said, bye-bye!!!
Oct 11, 2023 2:47 PM

May 2018
Welp, I believe Baki lost on purpose. He just wanted to show something to Pickle. And Pickle got that message. A mutual understanding without words. A true men's friendship.
By the way, how dared those guys bother Yuujiro to make him visit them, instead of sending Obama to Yuujiro's place?
Nemo_NiemandOct 11, 2023 2:53 PM

Nov 7, 2023 1:31 AM
Aug 2018
This episode is entertaining because of the fight and its outcome, but I really feel like Baki is lacking in that PERFECT episode. I've never felt an episode was absolutely PERFECT.
Nov 8, 2023 3:33 PM

Feb 2018
Gotta respect Baki for going in a pure brawl with Pickle even though he was winning prior to that.
Nov 15, 2023 2:24 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Baki vs Pickle sure delivered but they are both too good, Pickle is on another level, now he's not gonna be frozen again and managed to escape, meanwhile we have Barack Obama and even a picture of Sarkozy that I didn't expect to see LMAO
Nov 27, 2023 8:42 PM

Jul 2022
PICKLE WARS ARC - COMPLETE

What a fucking ridiculously crazy arc. Pickle was ripping limbs off left and right, poor Retsu and poor Katsumi lmao bruh they got their fucking arms and legs handed to them!! I am a little disappointed Baki didn't technically beat Pickle in the end (although he definitely could,) but what a damn fight.

Dec 1, 2023 5:33 AM

Jan 2021
Pickle arc finally concluded, that fight with Baki wasn't fun

animation was also very poorly done, at some point it turned into a slideshow
Apr 7, 7:30 PM
Aug 2019
Pickle was the best part of the anime, hands down.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hanma Baki: Son of Ogre 2nd Season Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 )

otakuweek - Aug 24, 2023

54 by FMmatron »»
Apr 15, 2:53 PM

» baki manga vs anime

MrHiatus - Aug 7, 2023

4 by derpinat0rz »»
Apr 1, 10:58 PM

Poll: » Hanma Baki: Son of Ogre 2nd Season Episode 20 Discussion

otakuweek - Aug 24, 2023

10 by ReddeluGuy »»
Mar 27, 6:04 PM

» what about the 5 prisoners???????????

NoblesseS - Aug 28, 2023

13 by NoblesseS »»
Feb 4, 12:25 AM

Poll: » Hanma Baki: Son of Ogre 2nd Season Episode 24 Discussion

otakuweek - Aug 24, 2023

7 by Acradis »»
Jan 19, 8:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.