Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 26, 2023 1:52 AM

Apr 2020
the answer is simple - They just see things at the surface level.

I was checking twitter while the majority was praising for showing Rudeus's suffering realistically,

but the one who hating and shitting on it had one thing in common and that was 

" OOO so rudeus tried sex and bcz he cant get it up he is committing suicide ....hahaha so childish ,who tf kill himself over sex"  etc

some more from MAL
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 26, 2023 2:26 AM
Apr 2021
You can't win with these people, of they showed him depressed for the entire year he was there over 13 episodes that same person would say the show was boring and had no progression. I think depression is shown very realistically here, with the fake smiles and immediate relapse when things go wrong yet again. We are probarbly missing out on a lot of dialog and inner thoughts from the novels, but I like the season so far.
Jul 26, 2023 2:27 AM
Oct 2022
Well whatever peaplsay so many good things but positively its messed up
Jul 26, 2023 2:55 AM
Nov 2018
Part of his depression is from constant bullying in his former life. With that he truly don't know how to deal with it. Then suddenly being on a emotional high in his new life for a while and then have a sudden crash of one thing after another. Fearing losing everything again and being a zero again. So yeah he would consider taking his own life. Maybe I'm reading to much into it. That's my opinion of it.
MoppitJul 26, 2023 3:04 AM
Jul 26, 2023 4:02 AM
Sep 2022
problem was not because his manhood didnt rise it was because what sara said when she was lefting the room
Jul 26, 2023 4:45 AM
Jul 2020
live and let live guys.
who tf cares if a bunch of people hate on the show. pretty sure they don't even contribute to any of the actual success of the show as they watch it on aggregate sites
Jul 26, 2023 5:30 AM
Sep 2021
" i know all isekai are cringe and exist for fanservice "

most isekai aren't ecchi and barely even has fanservice, and most isekai aren't any more or less cringe than Literally any other genre lol

isekai haters are so funny man
Jul 26, 2023 5:58 AM
Jul 2021
Honestly, the book does a better job of portraying his feelings.  You really understand what is happening with him.  You got to remember that Eris was the first woman to ever accept him, counting everything that occurred in his previous life.  This guy is psychology damaged and the one woman he trusted, broke that trust.
Jul 26, 2023 6:22 AM
Feb 2021
Dude, you've gotta stop letting random tweets and negative reviews posted by complete strangers live in your head rent-free.
Jul 26, 2023 7:27 AM
Aug 2021
CautiousShadow said:
Honestly, the book does a better job of portraying his feelings.  You really understand what is happening with him.  You got to remember that Eris was the first woman to ever accept him, counting everything that occurred in his previous life.  This guy is psychology damaged and the one woman he trusted, broke that trust.

what book? Novel or manga?
Jul 26, 2023 7:49 AM

Feb 2019
I don’t know how people are thinking he got over his depression with Eris in half a episode because he clearly fucking didn’t. He recognises that he needs to move past it that he has more amazing things out there, move on but just because he knows that doesn’t mean he’s automatically moved on from it. That’s not how the brain works. It takes time. After the episode where he threw Eris hair in the fire he’s better but still feeling down. He’s trying but it’s easier said then done. He couldn’t get it up because of his depression inflicted by Eris and what he was hoping could be used as a stepping stone to move past that trauma only built upon it and made it worse. He didn’t get over his trauma with Eris and got depressed again solely because of the situation with Sara. It all these things combined building upon each other that’s making his mental state a whole lot worse.
Jul 26, 2023 8:47 AM

Jul 2015
You took an obvious bait, but there are indeed people who have that kind of mentality.
They wouldn't understand the messaging of the show unless it is hamfisted into their face. That's why we have "top" review in which author tries to argue in their head and presents controversial aspect as if it is the only thing that there is in this show and makes judgement entirely base on it.
Anime should be gatekeeped hard.

Jul 26, 2023 9:19 AM

Jan 2013
Saimatsu_Fan said:

most isekai aren't ecchi and barely even has fanservice, and most isekai aren't any more or less cringe than Literally any other genre lol

You're definitely ignoring the majority of generic isekai. 
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Jul 26, 2023 9:29 AM
Jan 2022
I simply want Rudy to suffer 🤷
Jul 26, 2023 9:35 AM
Jul 2023
Re Zero fans hate Mushoku Tensei
Jul 26, 2023 9:42 AM

Feb 2021
Rudeus the goat fr no cap
Jul 26, 2023 10:21 AM

Mar 2020
Another reason why it’s hard to adopt LNs properly. Only those of us who’ve read it really understand the depths of Rudeus’ psychological trauma. It’s hard to portray that in an anime, although I would say they’re doing a decently good job about it. Haters gonna hate; ignore them and enjoy the show.
Rose Hurricane!
Jul 26, 2023 10:28 AM

Sep 2018
Saallo said:

Comparing Mushoku Tensei to Re Zero is like comparing Digimon to Escaflowne. Way too different.
Jul 26, 2023 10:31 AM
Jul 2023
rohan121 said:
Saallo said:

Comparing Mushoku Tensei to is like comparing Digimon to Escaflowne.  Way too different. 

I didn't compare anything I simply stated a fact but whatever you say  Re Zero fan
Jul 26, 2023 12:26 PM
Apr 2023
Saallo said:

What even brought Re:Zero?
It's one of my favourites. I would be more biased towards it than Mushoku Tensei to be honest. But Mushoku Tensei has a different feel to it so I can't really compare them together.
However, you could make a point for the Shounen fans, or to be more specific, AoT fans. You already see them rate bombing other top tier anime for them to surpass. Some weird devotion.
Jul 26, 2023 1:28 PM
Jun 2020
Saallo said:
Re zero doesnt need Sex to be relevant
Jul 26, 2023 1:34 PM
Sep 2019
NaughtySempai said:

I was checking twitter while the majority was praising for showing Rudeus's suffering realistically,

" OOO so rudeus tried sex and bcz he cant get it up he is committing suicide ....hahaha so childish ,who tf kill himself over sex"  etc

some more from MAL

there are numerous people who hates this show without even knowing why
Jul 26, 2023 3:20 PM

Apr 2015
Saallo said:

Nice to see they're doing at least one thing right then.
Jul 26, 2023 5:15 PM
Mar 2018
rudeus deserved to be bullied in his former life, he was a fucking pedophile
Jul 26, 2023 5:39 PM
Mar 2022
Saimatsu_Fan said:

Look, I’m in agreement about isekai hate being a bit ridiculous… but even though there’s Jobless Reincarnation out right now, there’s also at least 6 isekai which are literally nothjng but ecchi fan-service that bring nothing else to the table.
Jul 26, 2023 10:16 PM
Oct 2022
They are afraid of sex, most of them are shonentard their words don't affect me
Nanoda_6426Jul 29, 2023 12:56 AM
Jul 26, 2023 11:34 PM
Sep 2021
FlowerDemo said:
Saimatsu_Fan said:

Look, I’m in agreement about isekai hate being a bit ridiculous… but even though there’s Jobless Reincarnation out right now, there’s also at least 6 isekai which are literally nothjng but ecchi fan-service that bring nothing else to the table.

that's an extremely dumb over generelizing but ok
Jul 26, 2023 11:43 PM
Sep 2021
LostSpectre said:
Saimatsu_Fan said:

You're definitely ignoring the majority of generic isekai. 

the majority of any medium or genre will always be generic, the majority of what you consume is not gonna be 10/10 or 1/10, and they mostly have the same idea with a different tweak

and no, the majority of isekai isn't even ecchi lol, generic or not
Jul 27, 2023 1:12 AM

Oct 2010
I'm more surprised that she didn't do a handjob of a BJ, could have worked, more foreplay was needed
Jul 27, 2023 1:48 AM
Jan 2022
MadanielFL said:
Rudeus the goat fr no cap

Bros rizz also gotta be studied 💀
Jul 27, 2023 11:07 PM

Apr 2020
Catalano said:
I'm more surprised that she didn't do a handjob of a BJ, could have worked, more foreplay was needed
i think they really did those things in LN to get rudeus's rod to get up , I mean literally sara tried to take it in mouth (I don't remember clearly but I am certain)
Jul 28, 2023 12:09 AM

Aug 2022
people are pissed because a fictional character is having sex with a fictional charcter.
Jul 28, 2023 12:20 AM

Jul 2015
GeorgeDeSand said:
Another reason why it’s hard to adopt LNs properly. Only those of us who’ve read it really understand the depths of Rudeus’ psychological trauma. It’s hard to portray that in an anime, although I would say they’re doing a decently good job about it. Haters gonna hate; ignore them and enjoy the show.

I actually disagree. They managed to convey it pretty good, but they did expect the audience to use a little bit of imagination to reach the conclusion from implications and other cues. The fact, that they didn't hamfisted it doesn't make it worse. Quite opposite, actually. But since haters are stupid, they wouldn't understand the obvious.

Jul 28, 2023 1:52 AM
Jul 2022
NaughtySempai said:

some more from MAL

oversimplification is sadly so common theese days.
Jul 28, 2023 9:46 AM

Oct 2010
Some people are absolute brainlets at times and probably should watch easier to follow anime with boring perfect good boy/girl main characters instead.
They can't handle flawed main characters that show human emotions that people dont like.
Jul 28, 2023 4:05 PM
Jan 2022
Dark_Reunion007 said:
NaughtySempai said:

some more from MAL

lol Rudeus did what that guy said he should have done. He let everyone know he was looking for his mother as far as i remember, you can even see the adventurers in S2 say something about it to him even though he isnt aquainted with them. People like that guy are the ones who are braindead, they didnt even pay attention to the entire plan he had when going there lmfao
Jul 28, 2023 5:40 PM

Sep 2020
Even the biggest Mushoku Tensei twerkers can at least admit that this week's episode was tacky AF. Rudeus trying to kill himself at the end there actually made me laugh because I thought the episode could not get any more cliched.

It's not that people have a problem with Rudeus' suffering shown in a "realistic" manner, it's that people(I) can't stand how it is being shown, basically in the form of a tropey, generic harem-esque way. Which is both uninteresting and for lack of a better word... cringe. It's not hard to make out that Rudeus isn't over Eris. That shit has been hammered into our heads since episode one. Just the way Rudeus' grief is being portrayed especially in this episode is just hard to take seriously.

Arteta's Tricky Reds!

Jul 28, 2023 10:18 PM

Aug 2020
Tbf, they didnt adapt it clearly showing his mental state.

But then again, you right about X (twitter).
Keep scrolling
Jul 29, 2023 1:59 AM
Sep 2019
samsince04 said:
Even the biggest Mushoku Tensei twerkers can at least admit that this week's episode was tacky AF. Rudeus trying to kill himself at the end there actually made me laugh because I thought the episode could not get any more cliched.

It's not that people have a problem with Rudeus' suffering shown in a "realistic" manner, it's that people(I) can't stand how it is being shown, basically in the form of a tropey, generic harem-esque way. Which is both uninteresting and for lack of a better word... cringe. It's not hard to make out that Rudeus isn't over Eris. That shit has been hammered into our heads since episode one. Just the way Rudeus' grief is being portrayed especially in this episode is just hard to take seriously.
if i can't stand the show or the direction of the show i drop it ,why do you even watch something you don't like ? And personally i don't think Mushoku tensei is in anyway generic.
Jul 29, 2023 2:00 AM

Apr 2020
Really? Good for you. You figured something out that was pretty fking obvious. But, hey....good for you. Worth a Thread!
Jul 29, 2023 4:12 AM

Sep 2020
Dark_Reunion007 said:
samsince04 said:

if i can't stand the show or the direction of the show i drop it ,why do you even watch something you don't like ? And personally i don't think Mushoku tensei is in anyway generic.
I never said Mushoku Tensei overall is generic, I'm just saying the third episode itself contained a lot of generic elements and tropes. There's nothing interesting to me about a guy trying to get over his ex by getting drunk and attempting to sleep with another girl but surprise surprise! his thing doesn't work! Now he gets into a drunken fight in a bar and the dude he gets in a fight with hooks him up with another girl and then the episode ends with Rudeus saying shit about the first girl he tried to hook up with and surprise surprise! She's right behind him! Idk that this episode succeeds much in showing how Rudeus is suffering, it's just the one-off Mushoku Tensei episode you see in every entry of the series where the author dives into mind-numbingly boring and trivial matters.

And I scored Season 1 Parts 1 and 2 an 8 and 7 respectively, so I haven't reached the point of dropping the series yet.

Arteta's Tricky Reds!

Jul 30, 2023 10:25 AM
Jun 2014
People who are REALLY depressed think about kill themselvs for absolutely any thing. The majority of people never got depressed, they only got sad and think it was depression, that's why you don't think it's accurate. I already saw depressed people trying to suicide over a cup who broke, reality ir harsh   
Jul 30, 2023 3:17 PM

Jul 2015
Dark_Reunion007 said:
NaughtySempai said:

some more from MAL

Holy shit, I could feel my braincells dying from reading those comments.
The arrogance, toxicity and Dunning Kruger effect is palatable. The sad part is that there are a lot of such peiple here on this MAL forums. And him still calling Rudeus a pedo, while he himself has a loli profile picture is is a cherry on top, though I'd think it might be a projection.

Sep 25, 2023 4:33 AM
Jul 2013
In my opinion, the main issue is proably, that such a big turn of events seems to be disliked in the Anime world. Season 1 was more about innocence, falling in love and adventuring. The adult-side was rather a byproduct in Season one. While the adult-part took a bigger role in season 2. It feels kind of random, different and especially unexpected from what we are used to in Animes. That's how I felt.

That said, turning the next Arc into a School/Academy Arc, after what happened in season 1, kind of felt wrong. It was unexpected, that life for the MC would calm down fast enough, to be able to put him into a School-Arc.

But at the same time, it could be just a bad adaption. I had a similar situation with the 2nd season of the Anime "DanMachi". It felt rushed and the pacing didn't feel right, while the LightNovel felt very natural and good, despite of the setting was suddenly located in the Red Light District.

Possibly, the emphasis on certain things caused by the 2nd Season of Mushoku Tensei was stronger, than you would have had when reading the LightNovel.

Let's go back to "such a big turn of events seems to be disliked in the Anime world". But looking at this more detailed, the Anime actually is pretty realistic. What do most people do when they are depressed or in bad situations? They try to distract themselves. The most popular distraction is to be intimate for most people in most of our real world's cultures and societies. It was/is not uncommon, that people today easily start 'relationships'. And when it doesn't work, most people in this time, don't seem to have a problem with just breaking up and looking for a new parter, probably mainly just to be able to intimate again. Not sure how you see this, but as I could tell, it is definitely not a rare act, that most people in our time are easy-going enough to switch their boy- or girlfriends very often. And sadly cheating isn't a rare thing either in our time, as well as the concept of one-night-stands and friends-with-benefits. So, in this case, the 2nd season of this Anime is rather realistic. And another really important point is: The MC is in an age, where his body should be in puberty. Yes, we know his soul is of a middle-aged man. But that doesn't mean he can avoid the natural body reactions of puberty. And that said, I think when watching this Anime, we always tend to forget, that this is an Isekai and his sould IS really of a middle-aged man from the real-world.

Exactly that's why I said, this is usually disliked in the Anime world. Based on season 1, we expected the continuation of innocent adventure. We expected it to be mostly predictable, like any other Anime is. But the 2nd season destroyed the predictability, by making the behaviour and thoughts of the MC more real-world like, and not even complex.
some1uused2knowSep 25, 2023 4:40 AM
Sep 25, 2023 6:42 AM

Jan 2016
I mean yea, the ED crap was freaking stupid dude. I actually enjoyed the season up until that moment, because this is just another case of the writer throwing in stupid bullshit instead of sticking with with the themes and character arcs from the past season that made rudeus depressed in the first place. instead, the writer decided to make his erectile dysfunction an unironic conflict in this season.

When people get made at mushoku's horniness, its not because they dont like horniness, its that they dont like bad writing that spoils a decent show.
VivavideoUser2xSep 25, 2023 6:50 AM

"Get your tentacles off me or ill make calamari out of your manhood" -Mirai Nikki Dub
Sep 25, 2023 6:53 AM

Nov 2021
People shit on this because of its bad theming and this part totally deserved it, only hardcore fans are praising it, and you seem to be one of them.
Sep 25, 2023 8:16 AM
Sep 2022
Reply to nishant0
People shit on this because of its bad theming and this part totally deserved it, only hardcore fans are praising it, and you seem to be one of them.
@nishant0 There's not enough hardcore fans of MT in the whole world to make it that popular and highly rated. Stop inhaling that sweet copium that much.

@VivavideoUser2x Themes and character of first season are related to age and mental state of that time span. It is not a shonen where MC is the same age in season 67. Some cry about lack of development, other cry about too drastic changes and progression. Honestly, anime watchers are the worst.
al_vlSep 25, 2023 8:19 AM
Sep 25, 2023 8:41 AM

Nov 2021
Reply to al_vl
@nishant0 There's not enough hardcore fans of MT in the whole world to make it that popular and highly rated. Stop inhaling that sweet copium that much.

@VivavideoUser2x Themes and character of first season are related to age and mental state of that time span. It is not a shonen where MC is the same age in season 67. Some cry about lack of development, other cry about too drastic changes and progression. Honestly, anime watchers are the worst.
al_vl said:
There's not enough hardcore fans of MT in the whole world to make it that popular and highly rated. Stop inhaling that sweet copium that much.
If you wanna talk about ratings, this part is rated low by quite margin compared to previous part and this just shows that the quality of writing has fallen which makes it feel less interesting. This is by far the worst part of MT, I should have dropped it when that ED thing happened.
Sep 25, 2023 9:13 AM

Jan 2016
Reply to al_vl

@al_vl Well go figure, it turns out many people dislike MT for many different reasons. It's almost like every anime watcher does not think the same way. Also, who said anything about his mental state or age, I'm talking about the plots disregarding Rudeus' relationships with others to have a plotpoint where his peen cannot get hard. And you think I'm wrong for deciding to watch the anime in the first place. Get over yourself.

"Get your tentacles off me or ill make calamari out of your manhood" -Mirai Nikki Dub
Sep 25, 2023 10:05 AM
Sep 2022
Reply to VivavideoUser2x
@al_vl Well go figure, it turns out many people dislike MT for many different reasons. It's almost like every anime watcher does not think the same way. Also, who said anything about his mental state or age, I'm talking about the plots disregarding Rudeus' relationships with others to have a plotpoint where his peen cannot get hard. And you think I'm wrong for deciding to watch the anime in the first place. Get over yourself.
@VivavideoUser2x I think it's not wrong to have preferences. But hating on plot point that is completely reasonable in given circumstances, grounded in science, fitting character mentality and development needs, is the same as to admit that you don't understand what are you talking about and just want to present "you problem" as "show problem".

The story is about MC trying to dig himself out of the mental ditch his previous life buried him in. How long, painful and nasty this process is. And how poorly MC equipped to withstand the challenge of said task. It is not about aDvEnTuRe, dragons and magic. Setting is just a fluff.

As for the ED specifically, it is one of the most common side-effects of a depression for a male. Not explore this topic on an example of hypersexual character would be a crime for a good character drama. It is a challenge for any male and twice as challenge for character like Rudeus Greyrat. Don't see what's stupid about that plot decision. It is serious topic, novel to the medium and refreshing in general. Can't know what's exactly your problem with the topic, but pretty sure that show makes perfect sense the way it built.
al_vlSep 25, 2023 10:11 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Who was this blue haired girl from the badigadi ep?

Kitsune_089 - May 5

14 by Bertrammollen »»
May 11, 6:30 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MegamiRem - Sep 24, 2023

453 by sharosharo »»
May 4, 12:15 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2023

299 by sharosharo »»
May 4, 11:46 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2023

224 by sharosharo »»
May 4, 11:23 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Giorgosman13 - Sep 3, 2023

235 by sharosharo »»
May 4, 10:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.