Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 25, 2023 10:08 AM

Apr 2020
My dude...no matter if you love or hate the Show.....it IS very surface level^^ It's not that deep.
Sep 25, 2023 12:54 PM

Jan 2016
Reply to al_vl
@VivavideoUser2x I think it's not wrong to have preferences. But hating on plot point that is completely reasonable in given circumstances, grounded in science, fitting character mentality and development needs, is the same as to admit that you don't understand what are you talking about and just want to present "you problem" as "show problem".

The story is about MC trying to dig himself out of the mental ditch his previous life buried him in. How long, painful and nasty this process is. And how poorly MC equipped to withstand the challenge of said task. It is not about aDvEnTuRe, dragons and magic. Setting is just a fluff.

As for the ED specifically, it is one of the most common side-effects of a depression for a male. Not explore this topic on an example of hypersexual character would be a crime for a good character drama. It is a challenge for any male and twice as challenge for character like Rudeus Greyrat. Don't see what's stupid about that plot decision. It is serious topic, novel to the medium and refreshing in general. Can't know what's exactly your problem with the topic, but pretty sure that show makes perfect sense the way it built.
@al_vl bruh, im trying to understand you, but it doesn't make sense.as far of a stretch it is,i can get by the ED being caused by depression, but the show does a shit job of linking those two together.At the beginning of s2, Rudy was at his lowest point and then episode 3 he feels better now. Then in episode 4, he finds out about his ED and is suddenly depressed. There nothing to convey to the audience why his ED shows up,its not the depression since the episode before that was him accepting his new friends and somewhat moving on. And even if that was just a temporary relief for him. The anime does not convey his depression conisistently enough for the audience to know thats what the cause of it was. And dont take my word for it, look at all the other people who thought the ED thing was stupid and out of left field.if the writing was actually good, the story would not choose ED to convey Rudeus as a character. They couldve easily just said that he wasnt attracted to others becausw of his feelings for Eris. This would be a good way of showing how his views on desire and committment to others have changed over the series. But no, rudys character is just nothing but sex apparently.

Hell, even if they kept the depression angle, the show does not fully commit to it and only shows the symptoms of it when it wants the audience to feel sad for him via emotional manipulation."oh no hes sad, i feel bad for him". Meanwhile 5 episodes later, hes perfectly fine.

Also i get that people masking their depression is a thing too, but there are just so many other factors to rudeus that him masking his depression does not feel like a legitimate conclusion to come to.
VivavideoUser2xSep 25, 2023 1:02 PM

"Get your tentacles off me or ill make calamari out of your manhood" -Mirai Nikki Dub
Apr 27, 11:46 AM
I love femboys.

Sep 2022
This post is pure FACTS.

๐™Š๐™ฃ๐™š ๐™‹๐™ž๐™š๐™˜๐™š ๐™ฅ๐™–๐™˜๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ ๐™ž๐™จ ๐™ฅ๐™š๐™ง๐™›๐™š๐™˜๐™ฉ๐™ก๐™ฎ ๐™›๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™š. - ๐™•๐™–๐™˜๐™
Apr 28, 9:30 AM

Apr 2020
Reply to some1uused2know
In my opinion, the main issue is proably, that such a big turn of events seems to be disliked in the Anime world. Season 1 was more about innocence, falling in love and adventuring. The adult-side was rather a byproduct in Season one. While the adult-part took a bigger role in season 2. It feels kind of random, different and especially unexpected from what we are used to in Animes. That's how I felt.

That said, turning the next Arc into a School/Academy Arc, after what happened in season 1, kind of felt wrong. It was unexpected, that life for the MC would calm down fast enough, to be able to put him into a School-Arc.

But at the same time, it could be just a bad adaption. I had a similar situation with the 2nd season of the Anime "DanMachi". It felt rushed and the pacing didn't feel right, while the LightNovel felt very natural and good, despite of the setting was suddenly located in the Red Light District.

Possibly, the emphasis on certain things caused by the 2nd Season of Mushoku Tensei was stronger, than you would have had when reading the LightNovel.

Let's go back to "such a big turn of events seems to be disliked in the Anime world". But looking at this more detailed, the Anime actually is pretty realistic. What do most people do when they are depressed or in bad situations? They try to distract themselves. The most popular distraction is to be intimate for most people in most of our real world's cultures and societies. It was/is not uncommon, that people today easily start 'relationships'. And when it doesn't work, most people in this time, don't seem to have a problem with just breaking up and looking for a new parter, probably mainly just to be able to intimate again. Not sure how you see this, but as I could tell, it is definitely not a rare act, that most people in our time are easy-going enough to switch their boy- or girlfriends very often. And sadly cheating isn't a rare thing either in our time, as well as the concept of one-night-stands and friends-with-benefits. So, in this case, the 2nd season of this Anime is rather realistic. And another really important point is: The MC is in an age, where his body should be in puberty. Yes, we know his soul is of a middle-aged man. But that doesn't mean he can avoid the natural body reactions of puberty. And that said, I think when watching this Anime, we always tend to forget, that this is an Isekai and his sould IS really of a middle-aged man from the real-world.

Exactly that's why I said, this is usually disliked in the Anime world. Based on season 1, we expected the continuation of innocent adventure. We expected it to be mostly predictable, like any other Anime is. But the 2nd season destroyed the predictability, by making the behaviour and thoughts of the MC more real-world like, and not even complex.
@some1uused2know well said

bcz of how many isekais i had watched , until turning point 1 i too thought "well the next thing in story would be school arc with all girls fawning over rudeus"

but like others i was also surprised by turning point 1, but whatever i witnessed after turning point 1 in annime was soo good , it was something above my imagination and liked the hell out of it .

but sadly as u said , many got stuck into "anime world " shit
Apr 28, 9:32 AM

Feb 2024
People giving too much credit to this anime whether it be love or hate
Apr 28, 9:36 AM

Apr 2020
Reply to JoeChip
People giving too much credit to this anime whether it be love or hate
@JoeChip well, negative or positive, attention is attention,

the problem is hating minority in MT fandom is way more vocal that any other Fandom(sometimes even bigger that AOT ending hating fandom)
and to stop them/defend against them , MT liker had to be even more loud.

Creating a illusion that MT anime is having so much attention
Apr 28, 9:43 AM

Nov 2019
Reply to Catalano
I'm more surprised that she didn't do a handjob of a BJ, could have worked, more foreplay was needed
@Catalano Finally, a voice of reason resonated across this well of silence. I suggest anus teasing as an addition. Those sex workers must have been dumb.
Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

Apr 28, 9:50 AM

Apr 2020
Reply to SgtBateMan
@Catalano Finally, a voice of reason resonated across this well of silence. I suggest anus teasing as an addition. Those sex workers must have been dumb.
@SgtBateMan hmm? sara was not sex worker, she was adventurer but again adventurer are being more kinky and pervert than sex workers lol
Apr 28, 3:55 PM

Nov 2019
Reply to NaughtySempai
@SgtBateMan hmm? sara was not sex worker, she was adventurer but again adventurer are being more kinky and pervert than sex workers lol
@NaughtySempai but there were sex workers in that certain town that 'people' came to visit, right? They are in lack of basic skills.
Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

Apr 28, 10:59 PM

Apr 2020
SgtBateMan said:
@NaughtySempai but there were sex workers in that certain town that 'people' came to visit, right? They are in lack of basic skills.

ahh mybad , I thought u are talking about Sara with whom Rudy last tried to have sex
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Who was this blue haired girl from the badigadi ep?

Kitsune_089 - May 5

14 by Bertrammollen »»
May 11, 6:30 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MegamiRem - Sep 24, 2023

453 by sharosharo »»
May 4, 12:15 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2023

299 by sharosharo »»
May 4, 11:46 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2023

224 by sharosharo »»
May 4, 11:23 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Giorgosman13 - Sep 3, 2023

235 by sharosharo »»
May 4, 10:58 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.