May 2022
For the anime it’s:

Danganronpa: The Animation
Danganronpa 3: Future Arc
Danganronpa 3: Despair Arc
Danganronpa 3: Hope Arc
Danganronpa 2.5 Nagito Komaeda Sekai no Hakaimon:

And if you wanna play the games along with it:

Danganronpa: Trigger happy havoc (game) OR Danganronpa the animation (anime)
Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair (game) (No anime adaptation)
Danganronpa: Ultra Despair Girls (game) (No anime adaptation)
Danganronpa 3: Despair Arc (anime)
Danganronpa 3: Future Arc (anime)
Danganronpa 3: Hope Arc (anime)
Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony (game) (No anime adaptation)
Danganronpa 2.5 Nagito Komaeda Sekai no Hakaimoto (OVA)
Jul 23, 2023 8:24 AM
Oct 2015
Courtneywalla said:
For the anime it’s:

actually I think it's better to play the game of trigger happy havoc, and then watch the anime, because he can get more info about the characters.
Jul 23, 2023 8:34 AM
May 2022
Yes I couldn’t agree anymore 👍
Jul 23, 2023 9:25 AM

Nov 2020
HeartKeeperYT said:
Courtneywalla said:
For the anime it’s:

actually I think it's better to play the game of trigger happy havoc, and then watch the anime, because he can get more info about the characters.

Exactly, the investigation and Class-Trials are the best point of the franchise. The anime just summarized the most important sequences. But to be fair, it's still decent for a 12ep Anime.
Jul 23, 2023 10:39 AM
Mar 2022
Courtneywalla said:
For the anime it’s:

Does this mean Danganronpa 3 is an original anime because it is separated from the V3 game?
Jul 23, 2023 11:52 AM
Dec 2022
1. Danganronpa Trigger Happy Havoc (game) / Danganronpa The animation (anime)
2. Danganronpa If (light novel) (optional) (no canon)
3. Danganronpa zero (light novel) (optional)
4. Danganronpa 2: Goodbye despair (game)
5. Danganronpa 2.5: Another episode Ultra despair Girls (game) (optional)
6. Danganronpa 3 The end of Kibogamine gakuen: Zetsubou-hen / Mirai-hen (anime) (you have to start with zetsubou and then intersperse episodes with mirai)
7. Danganronpa 2.5: Nagito komaeda and the destroyer of the world (anime) (optional)
8. Danganronpa 3 The end of Kibogamine gakuen: kibo-hen (anime)
9. Danganronpa Gaiden: Killer-Killer (Manga) (optional) (probably canon)
10. Danganronpa V3: Killing Armony (Game)
Jul 23, 2023 12:39 PM
Dec 2022
swamp881 said:
Courtneywalla said:
For the anime it’s:

Does this mean Danganronpa 3 is an original anime because it is separated from the V3 game?

Yes, Danganronpa 3 has nothing to do with Danganronpa V3
Jul 23, 2023 12:40 PM

Feb 2014
Don’t bother with danganronpa the animation, that season is terrible and cuts out all the fun, watch a playtrough instead if you don’t wanna play!
Jul 23, 2023 1:50 PM
Jan 2021
I’d just watch the anime in the order the first dude commented because the first game is freaking boring. But do whatcha like
The right mindset when watching an anime is hoping that it will break your top 10
Jul 23, 2023 2:45 PM
Jan 2022
Malefika said:
Don’t bother with danganronpa the animation, that season is terrible and cuts out all the fun, watch a playtrough instead if you don’t wanna play!

I haven't played the game, but I will say watching the anime was an absolute blast, when someone gets killed and the music that plays sends chills everywhere in my body and also the fact that SPOILER [T|-|£ ß|∆∆|) ¡§ ₱¡π|<]

I wrote it like that so it's harder to read for ppl who haven't watched it because idk how to spoiler tag in mal lol (tbh I'm not even sure if it is a spoiler but when I watched it I was caught off guard and I liked that surprise alot)

It has its own aesthetic and I enjoyed watching it very much. Now as for playthroughs, it's harder to fully immerse yourself into it, for one playthroughs tend to be waaaaaay longer than a perfect summarization like an anime, and the fact that it's animated in the anime makes it cooler too. But of course if you want the complete experience then sacrificing a few more hours on a playthrough wouldn't hurt, this might be a personal ick but I hate playthroughs because I can't immerse myself in it.
Jul 23, 2023 11:31 PM

Feb 2014
Lianmin said:
Malefika said:

I haven't played the game, but I will say watching the anime was an absolute blast, when someone gets killed and the music that plays sends chills everywhere in my body and also the fact that SPOILER [T|-|£ ß|∆∆|) ¡§ ₱¡π|<]

I wrote it like that so it's harder to read for ppl who haven't watched it because idk how to spoiler tag in mal lol (tbh I'm not even sure if it is a spoiler but when I watched it I was caught off guard and I liked that surprise alot)

It has its own aesthetic and I enjoyed watching it very much. Now as for playthroughs, it's harder to fully immerse yourself into it, for one playthroughs tend to be waaaaaay longer than a perfect summarization like an anime, and the fact that it's animated in the anime makes it cooler too. But of course if you want the complete experience then sacrificing a few more hours on a playthrough wouldn't hurt, this might be a personal ick but I hate playthroughs because I can't immerse myself in it.
You miss a lot of details, and there is so little time to develop the characters in the anime. They are putting like 30 hours of a game into a 4 hour show, and there's barely anything that isn't super important to the plot or character development in the game. It's like watching a recap episode instead of the actual show.. Why not try to play the game instead of a playtrough if that's not your thing? I wouldn't want anyone to miss such a masterpiece of a game!
Jul 24, 2023 12:00 AM
Jan 2022
Malefika said:
Lianmin said:

You miss a lot of details, and there is so little time to develop the characters in the anime. They are putting like 30 hours of a game into a 4 hour show, and there's barely anything that isn't super important to the plot or character development in the game. It's like watching a recap episode instead of the actual show.. Why not try to play the game instead of a playtrough if that's not your thing? I wouldn't want anyone to miss such a masterpiece of a game!

I completely agree! But it's also dependant on the situation. For me, I don't know how I can play the game. Last I checked it was a pc game, I don't have a pc. I think if I remember correctly it also costs money, and uh I don't have that either LMAO

So atleast for me, the anime is a very good and convenient option. I may have missed many details but I suppose it can't be helped.
Jul 24, 2023 3:41 AM
Feb 2021
calupo said:
6. Danganronpa 3 The end of Kibogamine gakuen: Zetsubou-hen / Mirai-hen (anime) (you have to start with zetsubou and then intersperse episodes with mirai)
7. Danganronpa 2.5: Nagito komaeda and the destroyer of the world (anime) (optional)

In danganronpa 3 isnt it the opposite? i think you start with the first episode of future arc and the the first of the despair arc and continue to alternate afterwards
Jul 24, 2023 9:59 AM

Sep 2014
official_brown said:
I’d just watch the anime in the order the first dude commented because the first game is freaking boring. But do whatcha like

Respectfully disagree. I think I can see how it could be not for everyone, but I think it's great. Worth at least a shot. It is definitely a bit slower paced than the second game.
Jul 25, 2023 8:40 AM
Apr 2022
Livaru said:
calupo said:

In danganronpa 3 isnt it the opposite? i think you start with the first episode of future arc and the the first of the despair arc and continue to alternate afterwards

I agree. Episode from Future Arc (mirai-hen) is first, then from Despair Arc (zetsubou-hen). It's obvious as soon as you watch 30 second from Zetsubou-hen episode 1.

Moreover, If I remember right, both arcs were aired in the same week. Future on Monday and then in the same week Despair on Thursday. That's why we are supposed to watch them intertwined with each other.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 18, 2013

417 by BakaDorayaki »»
May 16, 2:05 PM

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2013

436 by amychar »»
May 7, 3:17 PM

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ihateeveryone - Jul 4, 2013

559 by aramkqly »»
Mar 16, 4:04 AM

» how should i watch Danganronpa ?

TheAdo - Dec 29, 2016

19 by InstantRamenKing »»
Feb 9, 10:20 PM

» whats up with Kyoko Kirigiri hands?

EagleEd - Jan 13, 2018

5 by kaamsas »»
Jan 13, 7:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.