Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 22, 2023 3:48 AM
Aug 2022
AnimeXPapi said:
This anime was one of those that I've seen countlessly when searching about for different shows to watch. When I say I probably took a peep at the small snippet of the show on Netflix about 10 times, I mean it. Finally, something in me broke and I told myself what the hell I like rom-coms anyways might as well check it out, and wow I'm glad I did.

I loved the she show, the characters were surprisingly complex and there was a lot of layers and subtle things going on. My girl Minori a legend shout out to her. I would've preferred
Anyways, I just wanted to gush about it to the internet. 

Yeah Completed it 1.5 months ago , the ending was amazing. hoped for Ami-San to end up with Ryuuji-kun but that didn't happen. ooh well ends well all well.
Kitamura-kun he's persuading to US his love Sumire-San.
very satisfactory ending
Jul 22, 2023 3:52 AM

Apr 2021
AnimeXPapi said:
This anime was one of those that I've seen countlessly when searching about for different shows to watch. When I say I probably took a peep at the small snippet of the show on Netflix about 10 times, I mean it. Finally, something in me broke and I told myself what the hell I like rom-coms anyways might as well check it out, and wow I'm glad I did.

I loved the she show, the characters were surprisingly complex and there was a lot of layers and subtle things going on. My girl Minori a legend shout out to her. I would've preferred

I have a question, did you watch the sub or dub?

I’ve watched the sub version multiple times now and I love it more each time.

It is one of my favorite anime.
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series and judge each based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Jul 22, 2023 3:58 AM
Aug 2020
its wow factor those old romances compared to new one, new ones cant compete. Drama, conversation, casual vibe, random episodes, comedy old animes have it all thats why romance hits better in the end. Legendary feeling . Most of new romances just insert happy ending from start.
Jul 22, 2023 4:07 AM

Apr 2023
Glad that you enjoyed it, I just rewatched it as well. It's one of my favorite anime :)

Jul 22, 2023 4:13 AM

Jan 2019
I really love the Christmas episode, it's always so heartwarming.

Jul 22, 2023 4:21 AM

Sep 2020
I feel like I'm the only one that thinks Minori should've deserved better. There's a lot of love for Taiga so maybe I just missed the point. I probably should rewatch. 

Edit. I'm not the only one let's goooo

Arteta's Tricky Reds!

Jul 22, 2023 4:59 AM
Dec 2021
Cool 🆒🆒🆒🆒🆒🆒
Jul 22, 2023 5:29 AM
May 2023
Was first introduced to this anime by a friend and I got really hooked on and enjoyed it alot!
Jul 22, 2023 5:46 AM
Feb 2021
Sekiro94 said:
its wow factor those old romances compared to new one, new ones cant compete. Drama, conversation, casual vibe, random episodes, comedy old animes have it all thats why romance hits better in the end. Legendary feeling . Most of new romances just insert happy ending from start.

I loved Toradora! and really liked the ending even if I have seen some people criticize it, but I feel like it is a bit wrong to invalidate all modern romance, especially Kaguya-sama, and
Jul 22, 2023 5:47 AM
Aug 2020
CBPman9001 said:
Sekiro94 said:

I loved Toradora! and really liked the ending even if I have seen some people criticize it, but I feel like it is a bit wrong to invalidate all modern romance, especially Kaguya-sama, and

Nah bro sry i made wrong statment meant most of new ones, kaguya, fruit basket and some other are really good among the best, i didnt meant all new ones.
Jul 22, 2023 6:50 AM
Aug 2022
AnimeXPapi said:

watch GOLDEN TIME BY SAME AUTHOR BUT THAT'S BETTER IMO
Jul 22, 2023 7:10 AM
Mar 2022
I don’t know what’s wrong with me but I have always strongly disliked this show. Any time I try to like it I just don’t see what everyone else sees :( I’m glad you enjoyed it though
Jul 22, 2023 7:13 AM
Mar 2022
the christmas song will forever be stuck in my head
Jul 22, 2023 7:28 AM
May 2021
love this anime, glad you enjoyed it
Jul 22, 2023 7:34 AM
Jan 2021
samsince04 said:
I feel like I'm the only one that thinks Minori should've deserved better. There's a lot of love for Taiga so maybe I just missed the point. I probably should rewatch. 

Edit. I'm not the only one let's goooo

Nope, the Taiga relationship was forced and towards the end it was unnatural for me. It was just to justify the initial ship and make a fake comeback in the end for the hype. For me it was forced and kind of ruins the ending but not many people think that it is overrated, so I guess it's just me.
Jul 22, 2023 8:03 AM
Feb 2021
Sekiro94 said:
CBPman9001 said:

Nah bro sry i made wrong statment meant most of new ones, kaguya, fruit basket and some other are really good among the best, i didnt meant all new ones.

Okay so we are counting Fruits Basket then? I wasn’t sure if it should count since the story is older by a fair margin than the show. Which I still need to watch the remake since I have only seen the original.
Jul 22, 2023 9:03 AM

Jul 2021
Great show, but man did that ending not do it for me. Same thing with Golden Time which is ironically written by the same person.
Jul 22, 2023 10:22 AM
Jul 2021
Yeah it's a pretty great show. One of my fav romcoms, even though Taiga annoyed the hell out of me.
Jul 22, 2023 11:54 AM
Dec 2021
AMEN, an absolute favorite of mine, words can’t describe the feelings I have for this show.
Jul 22, 2023 1:23 PM
Oct 2021
AnimeXPapi said:

It was the first ever anime I watched over 4+ years ago and it’s still in my top 5. This anime was what started it all for me
Jul 22, 2023 1:30 PM
Apr 2021
Broskinit was exactly the same reason i watched.Just wandered around Nflix shows and this gem popped up.
Jul 22, 2023 1:43 PM
Jun 2020
Watch Anohana, same director and script lead.

Then watch Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans cause also sake director and script lead.
Jul 22, 2023 1:56 PM

Sep 2018
If you liked it I definitely recommend playing Toradora portable! It is fully english patched on psp or you could emulate it.
Jul 22, 2023 2:24 PM
Aug 2021
It’s a good beginner anime, I’d say a great recommendation if you’re looking for more is “his and her circumstances” otherwise called Karekano
Jul 22, 2023 2:34 PM
Jul 2023
It was my very first Anime and I believe it is the reason, I am the only guy in the friendgroup watching romcoms.
Jul 22, 2023 2:47 PM
Mar 2023
This anime is really good. Its also funny but like you said, it is what it is.
Jul 22, 2023 3:47 PM

Feb 2023
Me too man, I’ve heard about this show so many times and but never bothered to ever watch it. I thought it was just another silly rom-com with generic characters, but no I was completely shocked. Every character were great and had so much depth to them. The plot and romance, albeit it not what I actually wanted, was very well written in the end. I do feel very bad for Minori. Wish she finds some love some day.

But honestly, this became one of my favorite rom coms. And it was all thanks to me saying, “screw it!” and just started watching the first episode.

Also the songs are amazing!
Jul 22, 2023 5:13 PM
Nov 2015
I may rewatch this. It was so heartwarming.
Jul 23, 2023 2:55 AM

Feb 2022
ejleon said:

The sub for sure.

Although I have this practice in which I watch one episode in dub and another in sub, and in this case I greatly preferred the sub. I switched to dub a few times in the more dramatic scenes to see how well it was done, but overall the sub was doing it right for me
Jul 23, 2023 2:56 AM

Feb 2022
ForeverTraitor said:
I really love the Christmas episode, it's always so heartwarming.
That episode had me shook at the end, it was so well done. 
Jul 23, 2023 3:03 AM

Feb 2022
SharkLord777 said:
Me too man, I’ve heard about this show so many times and but never bothered to ever watch it. I thought it was just another silly rom-com with generic characters, but no I was completely shocked. Every character were great and had so much depth to them. The plot and romance, albeit it not what I actually wanted, was very well written in the end. I do feel very bad for Minori. Wish she finds some love some day.

But honestly, this became one of my favorite rom coms. And it was all thanks to me saying, “screw it!” and just started watching the first episode.

Also the songs are amazing!
It's crazy how sometimes that's how you're able to find some great ones, it was the same for me with Spice & Wolf as well. 

And yes the songs are too good!
Jul 23, 2023 3:19 AM

Feb 2022
RUNDMT said:
Watch Anohana, same director and script lead.

Then watch Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans cause also sake director and script lead.
Thank you for the recommendations! I've never actually watched a show part of the gundam series so that seems like an adventure
Jul 23, 2023 6:42 AM
Jun 2023
Top 7 anime for me and my favorite romcom
Jul 23, 2023 9:14 AM

Apr 2021
AnimeXPapi said:
ejleon said:

The sub for sure.

Although I have this practice in which I watch one episode in dub and another in sub, and in this case I greatly preferred the sub. I switched to dub a few times in the more dramatic scenes to see how well it was done, but overall the sub was doing it right for me
I also do the same, I’ll watch the entire series in sub and then in dub. Sometimes I find is better than the other.

Also, I meant to say I watched the dub version multiple times, I like the English voice actor choices a lot.

May friend you?
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series and judge each based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Jul 23, 2023 9:22 AM

Jan 2023
I’m glad you enjoyed it OP, I felt the same way after rewatching it.

It’s one of my first romance anime, Minori deserves some love.
Jul 23, 2023 10:24 AM
Jul 2021
More than a married couple is kinda like Toradora if u haven’t seen it
Jul 23, 2023 10:50 AM
Apr 2021
I really liked the the first three quarters of it, but the last quarter I wasn’t the biggest fan. I thought a lot of the drama was forced and I didn’t really like the ending, still good I would’ve just preferred if it stayed more about the slice of life aspect with some drama thrown in there compared to being mostly focused on the melodrama of the last quarter.
Jul 23, 2023 12:11 PM

May 2020
Sekiro94 said:

damn this is exactly what it feels like

Jul 24, 2023 7:27 AM
May 2023
AnimeXPapi said:

i also would have preferred that
Jul 25, 2023 6:59 AM

Feb 2022
WannabeWeeb_ said:
More than a married couple is kinda like Toradora if u haven’t seen it
A guilty pleasure of mine tbh 
Jul 26, 2023 8:26 AM
Dec 2022
swamp881 said:
I don’t know what’s wrong with me but I have always strongly disliked this show. Any time I try to like it I just don’t see what everyone else sees :( I’m glad you enjoyed it though

I feel the same way. I’ve even rewatched it to see what I was missing and still didn’t like it. I love rom-coms and agree with the top ones being wonderful, but this one I don’t get it. Just recently rewatched it and I still don’t get the hype.
I didn’t think the Christmas episode that everyone raves about was that great either. Certainly not one I’d watch every Christmas like some people do.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 26, 2008

284 by Matheus050 »»
May 8, 11:27 AM

Poll: » Best Toradora girl? (Repost)

JustSomeone15 - Apr 27

26 by VOLTHOR6 »»
May 3, 4:04 PM

» Toradora's Blu-ray has an issue

JustSomeone15 - Apr 29

2 by Binkini »»
Apr 30, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Davison - Oct 15, 2008

238 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 25, 6:56 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sonja - Mar 25, 2009

1109 by Laylabc »»
Apr 24, 10:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.