Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 17, 2023 9:25 PM

Mar 2018
Like the following seasons, this was released as a trilogy of movies as a special premier, but the "real" version is still the combined version as a 12-episode show. You can't even buy Seiran in movie form. For a brief time the 3 parts (Seiran 1-3) were actually combined correctly in MAL as one 12-episode show, only to be separated again soon after. Why? MAL already handled the sequel seasons in the correct manner, so why does this divided listing still persist for this season?
RossoYorozuyaJul 17, 2023 9:45 PM

"~and he loved to play the piano!"

Jul 17, 2023 9:42 PM

Jan 2017
RossoYorozuya said:
so why does this divided listing still persist for this season?

Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These - Seiran was first released in theaters in three chapters of four standard episodes each for a limited three-week screening of each part.

If that's true , then that's how it's supposed to be on MAL , since the database always list the original release.
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... and hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Jul 17, 2023 10:07 PM

Mar 2018
Alexioos95 said:
RossoYorozuya said:
so why does this divided listing still persist for this season?

Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These - Seiran was first released in theaters in three chapters of four standard episodes each for a limited three-week screening of each part.

If that's true , then that's how it's supposed to be on MAL , since the database always list the original release.
Sure, it was the first release. But take into account that the 3 parts share the same name; released on very close release dates; and if we pretend the 3 parts are separate movies, then it doesn't make sense because the 3 "movies" don't have self-contained arcs but end very abruptly with no proper conclusion until the final movie. This was an obvious arbitrary partitioning of the 12-episode show just so they can show this on theaters as a special event. The structure of the story makes it clear that the show was always meant to be viewed as one full season, you can't even watch it on streaming sites or buy a physical release in movie form... because the movie release was just a bonus.
RossoYorozuyaJul 17, 2023 11:15 PM

"~and he loved to play the piano!"

Jul 18, 2023 8:15 AM

Jan 2017
RossoYorozuya said:
But take into account that the 3 parts share the same name; released on very close release dates

That's why they are under one entry.
Otherwise they would have each gotten one entry.

RossoYorozuya said:
and if we pretend the 3 parts are separate movies, then it doesn't make sense because the 3 "movies" don't have self-contained arcs but end very abruptly with no proper conclusion until the final movie.

The scenario (and even the whole content) is not taken into account for the entries of MAL.
If each part doesn't have a proper end , it's weird , but it's not important for the separation of entries.

RossoYorozuya said:
This was an obvious arbitrary partitioning of the 12-episode show just so they can show this on theaters as a special event.

Officially , it was not an "event/pre-screening" tho.
I was a simple theater release , just like there is for every Movie. (https://gineiden-anime.com/news/896)

RossoYorozuya said:
The structure of the story makes it clear that the show was always meant to be viewed as one full season, you can't even watch it on streaming sites or buy a physical release in movie form... because the movie release was just a bonus.

I agree that it's most probably what they wanted , but it doesn't change the fact that they did release it as a Movie first.
And as i said above , officially , it was not a special pre-screening or whatsoever , it really was the normal release.

So i think MAL is right to keep it as 4 Episodes Movie.
(Maybe they should change the airing end date tho , but it's the same with all similar entries)
Alexioos95Jul 18, 2023 8:21 AM
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... and hungry."
– Alexioos95.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These - Seiran 1 Episode 3 Discussion

DeadlyRaven - Oct 11, 2019

22 by abystoma2 »»
Jul 19, 2023 7:01 AM

Poll: » Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These - Seiran 1 Episode 4 Discussion

TheCommoner - Oct 17, 2019

27 by Sun_Chan »»
Jul 19, 2023 2:08 AM

Poll: » Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These - Seiran 1 Episode 2 Discussion

DeadlyRaven - Oct 11, 2019

21 by Sun_Chan »»
Jul 19, 2023 1:18 AM

Poll: » Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These - Seiran 1 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

TheCommoner - Sep 26, 2019

51 by Sun_Chan »»
Jul 19, 2023 12:46 AM

» do i still need to watch the 80's version?

jonnn9 - Sep 4, 2022

4 by Br3dWinn3rs »»
Sep 5, 2022 12:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.