Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 21, 2010 12:06 PM

Nov 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, this was much better than last week's episode. However I did not like the tentacles.

It was kind of surprising that the sidekick would get a kiss but it was predictable as the episode progressed. And I'm interested in this marriage interview. I'll be looking forward to next week's episode.
May 21, 2010 12:29 PM

Oct 2008
I don't like the increasing focus on power range brave. Didn't care for the standard tentacle scene either.

I'm liking Hiroshi less and less. He seems like the cliche weak character who suddenly gets some all powerful power. He doesn't really do what he does for any sense of justice so much as he always wanted to "be the hero" (probably for the fame). The complete opposite of Sai who tries to deny his power at all times and is fiercely loyal to what he thinks is right and what will help people. I foresee sidekick A getting manipulated in to attacking sai and sai enlightening him on what true justice is.

The rest of the episode was interesting, especially the connection between "That Evil Guy at the start" and keena." Curious to see the marriage interview and (hopefully) the reason why keena doesn't remember sai from her past.
May 21, 2010 12:32 PM

Jan 2008
Unless they make a second season, this series will end up really weird.

And I knew that Eiko was working for the blonde guy!
May 21, 2010 12:47 PM

Aug 2008
This really has got to be a parody of the original novels...
Ii tenki desu ne...
May 21, 2010 1:29 PM

Nov 2008
A giant 2 headed chicken that fly's....seriously?
not to mention a giant tentacled snail.

"OH NO ... LOOK OUT ... It's a snail and a chicken."

I'm going to go beat my head against a wall for a while.
May 21, 2010 1:33 PM

Dec 2009
haha this anime is great
any1 know anything else like it? plz pm me if u do :)
May 21, 2010 2:19 PM

Apr 2010
Liked the ending, the surprise on Hatori's face next episode should be fun.
That snail was funny Etou seemed the have a pretty ruff time this episode.
May 21, 2010 2:25 PM

Jun 2009
- New main badguy, huh? Anyway, OP's awesome like always. ^^
- Fujiko have a nice imagination... Oh shit, first sea cucumber, now tentacles. :o Why i didn't wait for uncensored version... oh well, i'll just re-watch it. ^^
- Sai chasing invisible Keena apparently made me lol.
- "Hattori-san"? Shouldn't he call her Junko?
- Yay, a monstrous 2-headed chicken.
- Lol @Fujiko.
- Lol @Brave.
- Let me guess, that was his first kiss...
- What fuckin' "guga"?

Awesome like always(except a bit odd episode 7). Truly entertaining show it is. ^^ But next episode is about marriage, and it's ep9 already. So shouldn't there be some action with that main badguy now?
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
May 21, 2010 2:26 PM
Nov 2009
So in this episode, we got Keena pushing the rest of the girls out of the spotlight, Sai being completely useless, and Hiroshi taking the spotlight two episodes in a row.

Hoping that during the next episode Dark Green haired girl attacks during the marriage interview.
May 21, 2010 2:52 PM

Aug 2009
Waaaaay better than last week. Etou is the first anime character I've seen who was smart enough to blow up the tentacle monster.

I really don't think Sai was as "useless" as he was powering up the monster so it's not like he could have done anything anyway.

Am I the only one who got a kick out of the two headed chicken eating Etou?
May 21, 2010 4:02 PM

Aug 2009
Awesome ep.

Liked "Hiroshi Yuna kisses Bravo"-scene.

Also liked that Keena got so much screen time. She's almost my favourite girl in this show^^

Well, need more "Sai Akuto defeats giant monsters and shows off his skills"-scenes.^^

Hope next ep will be funny^^
May 21, 2010 5:31 PM

Sep 2009
Not bad. Really looking forward to next episode though....sounds interesting.
May 21, 2010 6:22 PM

Sep 2008
Urgh great they're going with the Keena path -_-
May 21, 2010 6:26 PM

Apr 2009
Dropped. Can't stand Keena.
May 21, 2010 6:28 PM

May 2010
It's heading into the wrong direction.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
May 21, 2010 7:45 PM

Feb 2008
wtf... a giant chicken? haha reminds me of a particular episode of Aqua Teen Hunger Force. Arise chicken arise!
May 21, 2010 7:46 PM
Apr 2010
Seems like Keena is hiding something, especially her relationship with the guy shown at the start of the episode
May 21, 2010 7:58 PM

Jul 2009
FRUITS_PUNCH_VID said:
Confucius said:

Yeah..
May 21, 2010 8:03 PM

May 2009
I hate when we get a character who is supposed to be legendarily strong but comes off so weak. Sai was getting beat by a giant chicken and Power ranger brave is stupid. I cant really imagine this having a good ending
May 21, 2010 8:45 PM

Jan 2010
Belated thoughts:

Sai needs to step it up, he's getting curb stomped by giant two-headed chickens and magical flashing perverts.

By the looks of it, he's going to end up with Keena. After all the focus she has in the ED and in the OP, I would be surprised if he chooses someone else. I suppose the ED overall was made to satisfy us, aka the picky shippers.

Hiroshi seems to lack a purpose; I hope he gains his resolve and sense of purpose soon. (Well, I also hope for a second season so that there would be smoother pacing, but...) Wonder if Yuri will be more focal to the plot, etc.
May 21, 2010 8:54 PM

Dec 2009
Confucius said:
Yeah... I'm really not liking the whole Brave thing.... The show has really been tanking these past 2 episodes.
May 21, 2010 9:13 PM

Oct 2008
Kind of surprising that people think he will end up with keena. I'm guessing it will have the same ending that 90% of harems have, the main character doesn't choose any one person and there is no real "end."

Korone & Junko (especially with the coming marriage interview) already have enough of a relationship with the main character and screen time to be members of the harem. The only one left out at the moment is poor etou who doesn't seem to really love him as a person (as opposed to loving The Demon Lord) and whom doesn't really have any relationship with him. It doesn't help Etou's case that she is the only one who strongly wants him to be an evil demon lord when he himself is opposed to it either. She is basically the female version of hiroshi except evil and without an uber weapon.
May 21, 2010 10:07 PM
Nov 2009
Murbella said:
the reason why keena doesn't remember sai from her past.

Sai Akuto didn't remember either, the first time they met at school. Really, I'd be surprised if it's any more than a "it was a long time ago" thing... and I want to be surprised. :)
May 21, 2010 10:19 PM

Sep 2009
Last 2 episodes were weak (7 and this, 8) so I think they should add more action and a little less fan servise, also with more story and less ultraman clone Brave.

Made by me xD

May 21, 2010 10:39 PM

Apr 2010
MXMach said:
Last 2 episodes were weak (7 and this, 8) so I think they should add more action and a little less fan servise, also with more story and less ultraman clone Brave.

Agreed they need at least 30 eps so they could take there time like when akuto fought the dragon it would have been epic if it was longer ;l and Brave relle i dunt care for him i wanted that kid to get some power but brave is gey to me >.>.

They need so more epic fights ;O
May 21, 2010 10:44 PM

Jun 2008
That's it, it's settled: whoever wrote the soundtrack for this anime had as much creative freedom as a mouse struggling against a giant centipede, kicking at the same place over and over again with colder feet each time.

In plain English: same fucking song played every scene with every instrument known to their database of cliches, which includes maybe 5 or so, and they all sound like they're being recorded off a Guitar Pro tab.

Screw this anime and its frustratingly cute robot archetype.

also, the voice of Yui resonates within my skull, corresponding to my wavering thirst for devouring people as part of a hoard of like-minded, possibly undead psychotics.

I think everyone should stop watching this and K-ON before it starts a zombie outbreak.
GrmoMay 21, 2010 10:53 PM
May 22, 2010 12:58 AM

Nov 2008
Antanaru said:
This really has got to be a parody of the original novels...

what you said
May 22, 2010 2:21 AM
Feb 2010
Comments on the new ep.

- Fujiko + Tentacles: Freakin loved it. Thank you god!
- Giant chiciken....thing: Random but still quite awesome.
- Brave Scenes: Ehh.....as long as Akuto destroys the suit should they ever fight i'm fine with it.
- Sai x Keena Scenes: As much as i prefer Sai x Fujiko, i did enjoyed them
- Akuto powering up the Giant Chicken to Mega Ultra Chicken: Weird, but strangely awesome. (If he can do that to the chicken, i don't want to know what the other creatures can become)

Overall Score: 3/5 (Cmon now, add more Fujiko scenes.....)
On the bright side, its way better than the chaos that was ep 7.
KoisolaMay 22, 2010 2:29 AM
| "In my time, the wowd is WUINED AND WIFEWESS!."

- Paradox (Yugioh: Bonds Beyond Time Abridged Movie) |

May 22, 2010 2:28 AM

Jan 2010
I got to agree with most previous posts. The whole "Brave" thing still seems pretty lame to me and I dislike Hiroshi, the tentacle scene was completely needless, but at least this episode was back on track; much better than last week's.
FRUITS_PUNCH_VID said:
That's no good. Except the evil witch and Keena any other girl is fine by me.
brotheryang17 said:
I hate when we get a character who is supposed to be legendarily strong but comes off so weak. Sai was getting beat by a giant chicken and Power ranger brave is stupid. I cant really imagine this having a good ending
It won't have a good ending and we all know it...
May 22, 2010 2:39 AM

Apr 2009
seijurojushi said:
haha this anime is great
any1 know anything else like it?
Love it.
hikoghert said:
Dropped. Can't stand Keena.
laa-chan said:
Seems like Keena is hiding something
Solution to both statements:
May 22, 2010 3:58 AM

Apr 2009
No more Brave please... This is a show about magic not freaking power suits.
Sai x Keena isn't all that bad, but Sai x Fujiko is still better.
May 22, 2010 4:11 AM
Jun 2008
Can't wait for Brave VS Demonlord.
I bet its gonna be a very emotional epic ^^
May 22, 2010 4:19 AM

Jan 2009
Murbella said:
Kind of surprising that people think he will end up with keena. I'm guessing it will have the same ending that 90% of harems have, the main character doesn't choose any one person and there is no real "end."

I'm guessing it will be a "Nyan Koi!" - type ending, where he knows he loves Keena, but doesn't act on it.

I say that, because we are right now in the middle of volume 4, and 8 novels have been released.
May 22, 2010 4:33 AM
Sep 2009
A very meh episode. Not a lot of fanservice either.

Sai needs to give Brave a punch in the face so we can move on.
May 22, 2010 5:17 AM
Feb 2010
MorningGlory said:
Can't wait for Brave VS Demonlord.
I bet its gonna be a very emotional epic ^^

^ True that.

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate Hiroshi but the idea of the suit thing is utterly horrible to me. (The watch thing is cool tho)
Now i wonder who that Blond Dude is and more importantly what he meant by "Finish this with the Demon lord"
KoisolaMay 22, 2010 5:21 AM
| "In my time, the wowd is WUINED AND WIFEWESS!."

- Paradox (Yugioh: Bonds Beyond Time Abridged Movie) |

May 22, 2010 5:53 AM

Sep 2009
Flibbertigibbet said:
What the fuck... The story and characters are all over the place.

I think they have been like that ever since ep 2 =))

Aside from ep 1 which actually has a plot, the rest a just random ep's like the animators are recruiting people from the street and say "you'll direct this ep!"
May 22, 2010 6:43 AM

May 2010
The way these series are going ....i think there will be an innapropriate ending ...because it has only 12 or 13 episodes !
May 22, 2010 7:18 AM

Feb 2009
Episode 8 and it already looks like Keena's the winner...

Lame. This plot is all over the damn place.

May 22, 2010 8:49 AM
Nov 2009
I'm starting to fail to get what the series is about. We have this guy who is unknown (yellow haired guy in the beginning) then we have this hero and a demon lord. I mean like it's an improvement from the last episode but still I feel like it could have been alot better. The first few episodes were good but now its just starting to get all over the place. Alright so I thought that the main protoganist was Akuto? Now suddenly the "right hand man" is the hero and gets his own god damn arc. Like seriously? Whats the story about anymore?
May 22, 2010 10:13 AM

Oct 2009
Even though the plot is all over the place, I'm still wondering what Keena and Sai Akuto have to do relevant to the story plot, even though Keena is an EXTREME OPTIMIST.

It is gradually getting better after the epic fail of Episode 7, but to the point where I have to argue about.

tEnSh1 said:
The way these series are going ....i think there will be an innapropriate ending ...because it has only 12 or 13 episodes !

AGREED. The way this series is going at, the series will grind to an ending fail, just like DEATH NOTE.

Look at this, Episode 7 was just what is this i don't even, the 8th episode is a little better but no relevance to the story plot. We are about 4-5 episodes left of the series.

You have Keena's arc here, you have BRAVE-- oh hell, what?--, you got a boatload of ecchi there and you combine them all to get a plot!? Either the producers/directors need to step up on the plot or this series will get ratings of 1-4 ONLY.

May 22, 2010 10:29 AM

Feb 2009
Inarius said:

the rest a just random ep's like the animators are recruiting people from the street and say "you'll direct this ep!"

That would be Mayoi Neko Overrun.

-Etou's imagination is still epic. It was great.....until the slimy tentacles appeared. Uuughh. But I loved her moaning though xD. I lol'ed hard when she was suddenly eaten by the chicken-thingy.

-Great Saiyan Man Brave kicks monster butt! Lol at the yellow aura and weapons. And getting the girl, huh. Should focus less on sidekick adventures and more on demon lord protagonist.

-Keena moments were kinda good. The scene that Junko saw when Keena embraced Sai and everyone was watching was funny.
Does her not remembering the hairpin be an important part of the plot? The blond guy at the start also remembers the same hairpin.

Seems this makes us think that it will be Sai x Keena in the end and it will change with the marriage interview but with the way it's developing, it may be a harem ending. I'm interested more on the story now than the pairings. They should get on with the plot coz this episode feels a bit filler-y and maybe the next episode is too.
May 22, 2010 10:44 AM

May 2010

+1111

I was shocked by the last episode ...i still cant understand wtf was that !? Even gintama didnt go that weird ! :DDDD
May 22, 2010 11:48 AM

Dec 2007
tEnSh1 said:

+1111

I was shocked by the last episode ...i still cant understand wtf was that !? Even gintama didnt go that weird ! :DDDD

Gintama is not that weird. It's simply funny.

As for the episode: I love red so I'm happy where this is going. But I wouldn't mind green too, seeing it's my favorite color. But red is cool too.
May 22, 2010 11:54 AM

May 2010
What plot??? What is this "plot" that you people speak of in this Anime?? I fail to see it.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
May 22, 2010 2:13 PM

Jan 2010
Confucius said:
What plot??? What is this "plot" that you people speak of in this Anime?? I fail to see it.
There is no plot, there is a story to acompany the characters, so they won't get bored...
May 22, 2010 6:04 PM

Jun 2009
otakuthon49 said:
AGREED. The way this series is going at, the series will grind to an ending fail, just like DEATH NOTE.

You lost all creditability after that statement.
Death note wasn't a train wreck. In fact as far as endings goes that was actually a really good one. Now if you had said "My Hime" or "Claymore" then you would have had something.

However I do admit that some serious damage has been done here. This brave character is an important element and he's a terrible stereotypical character. Maybe if they improved that armor so that at least it looks cool and showed points where the guys personality was shining through.(You know. Like points where he shows himself to be a tiny bit evil or bragging after taking down a monster.)
Oh and I seen the idol kiss coming. The second I seen the girl on tv and them saying she was an idol I immediately thought "And theirs braves love interest."

"I always take life with a grain of salt, ...plus a slice of lemon, ...and a shot of tequila."

May 22, 2010 6:42 PM
Mar 2008
Less Keena more Hattori please T_T
May 23, 2010 2:04 AM

Jan 2009
At first, I was like: "Woah, there's story in this? O.O"
But then things went haywire. : |

Anyway, do want less Korone, less Junko and more Keena. HAH, y'all didn't expect anyone to say that, eh? xD
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
May 23, 2010 3:10 AM

Jun 2009
Oosran said:
Anyway, do want less Korone, less Junko and more Keena. HAH, y'all didn't expect anyone to say that, eh? xD

Not really. Cause I agree with you. I've strted to like Keena more these past episodes. Not to mention how awesome she looks with a collar and leash. <3
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
May 23, 2010 4:04 AM

Nov 2008
Mega Ultra Chicken ATTACK!
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ClementIV - Jun 18, 2010

284 by NiGhTmArE_Spirit »»
May 18, 12:27 PM

Poll: » Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ClementIV - Jun 11, 2010

121 by Talamare »»
Nov 11, 2023 6:18 PM

Poll: » Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

garfield15 - Apr 16, 2010

123 by Yubisoft »»
Oct 26, 2023 11:55 AM

Poll: » Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

spineslayer - Apr 23, 2010

77 by Lakshay1 »»
Oct 10, 2023 8:18 AM

Poll: » Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

werrston - Apr 9, 2010

100 by Lakshay1 »»
Oct 10, 2023 8:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.