Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
May 22, 2010 11:49 AM

Jan 2008
so full of lols

...surprisingly my favourite scene this time was Ooyama under hypnosis believing that he was a clown.

Naoi: Look, there's a lonely looking girl in the dark over there.
Ooyama: Oh no, that's true! I have to make her smil-
Tenshi: *stab*
Estoy_GordoMay 22, 2010 11:54 AM
May 22, 2010 11:50 AM

Dec 2009
I hope this extra prievew will be out soon, might answer some questions
yuno6.jpg
May 22, 2010 12:39 PM

Feb 2009
inb4 Kanade starts being evil but Otanashi reawakens her memories of fun and togetherness through the power of love (or her memories of love through the power of fun and togetherness).
May 22, 2010 1:06 PM

Mar 2010
Shiina with the toy puppy is super funny.
May 22, 2010 1:09 PM

Apr 2009
Lol at all the sacrifices.
Naoi is awesome.
May 22, 2010 1:11 PM
Mar 2010
oo
May 22, 2010 1:13 PM

Jul 2009
KantonKageX said:
Shiina with the toy puppy is super funny.

"So shallow!"
Yeah,that's very funny xD
Too bad she go suicide rather engage a fight with evil Tenshi clone :/
May 22, 2010 1:22 PM

Apr 2009
It's cool that TK died.

muahahaha
May 22, 2010 1:59 PM

Aug 2007
Pretty bad episode. Cliche and predictable. And I don't like how they mix in comedy in every battle, even though they're funny. Just make a parody instead, like index/shana.

The Yuri fight was pretty awesome though.
May 22, 2010 2:13 PM

May 2010
This episode was soo prooo!
But why do they mess the serious moments with the comedy-stupid moments....
Anyways, I'll just take it as a part of the comedy genre of this anime =P
May 22, 2010 2:36 PM

Dec 2007
ShibuyaRiver said:

Cool gifs bro.
May 22, 2010 3:42 PM

Mar 2010
Can anyone explain what shiina was doing was she trying to bend the spoon psychically or what.
May 22, 2010 4:43 PM

Feb 2009
Personally, I loved the episode.

The sacrifice joke is getting old... But is still so freaking funny.

I'm starting to really like Naoi, he's quite the asset to the comedy. I figured I would hate him and yet... I just can't. He's just so awkward it's hilarious.

And TK got some more screentime with his random breakdancing in the halls, that was great XD

No idea what to expect after that ending though...

By the way, Yuri is freaking awesome. Her fights are always episode highlights.
May 22, 2010 5:49 PM

May 2009
lol epic beginning of episode i wonder if Kanade will be alright? :( lol at all the funny in class scenes and it looks like Otonashi X Tachibana will happen? Yui might like Otonashi's friend and i'm hoping that Tachibana doesn't turn evil :( and lol the sacrificing is still hilarious
May 22, 2010 5:55 PM

Aug 2008
Boring. They've overused every single element of the show, even with such a large cast. That's what happens when characters say the same one or two things ad nauseum for 8 episodes, I suppose.
May 22, 2010 6:11 PM

May 2010
Personally liked the episode.

"Get chance and luck!"
-TK

Hope to see another episode soon...
"I don't need a reason to save someone"

Kamijou Touma
May 22, 2010 6:12 PM

Dec 2008
TK was fucking awesome this episode. <3

I really hope Kanade dies... I really hate her. :< I just have this thing against white-haired emotionless lolis ya'know? they are an extremely overused character type. Why does everybody like those so much? >____>
Naoi has become tolerable. His hypnotism thing was pretty funny.
The character deaths are getting really boring.

And fuck you Yui... stopping Hinata's gay speech to Otonashi.

Well a shitass episode as usual. I really do not know why I am still watching this. I guess I just want to know how it ends lol.
DeviantART: apple-seed.deviantart.com
May 22, 2010 6:37 PM
Dec 2008
i liked the episode.
i was hoping the deaths of the members would be more dramatic and not comedic.
the background music seemed perfect for a sad mood.

tk was awesome as usual, but yuri was really awesome this episode.

cant wait for the next episode
May 22, 2010 6:47 PM

Aug 2008
Seeing the Battlefront members sacrifice themselves was tired to say the least, but the plot point at the end was terrific. It looks like Yurippe's hacking didn't help nearly as much as I had hoped. This is starting to get deliciously twisted. >:-) I'm wondering if Yurippe's darker than I originally suspected.
May 22, 2010 7:11 PM

Mar 2009
I sure hope Tenshi's okay! D:

I personally feel that the sacrifices made hilarious is what makes up this series. Other people may feel like it's overused, but isn't the core aspect of any given show supposed to be overused? It's like saying there are too many fighting scenes in, say, something like Bleach. -.-
May 22, 2010 7:11 PM
Nov 2009
I thought this was probably the worst episode so far =\ I really dislike the evil Tenshi idea.
May 22, 2010 7:18 PM

Oct 2009
I don't think Yuri even considered all of those clone's contiousness being absorbed as well. Besides, she didn't even consider the clones duplicating again.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 22, 2010 8:29 PM

Nov 2009
noteDhero said:
Boring. They've overused every single element of the show, even with such a large cast. That's what happens when characters say the same one or two things ad nauseum for 8 episodes, I suppose.

I can see what your saying. Thankfully my fandom and desire for this show to be awesome is able to suppress reasonably. So in defense, they do 'try' to tweak the situation in order give it a new feel.

However, as other people stated; i do like KEY's comedy style and it is welcome, but compared to all their other shows this is a whole step up in that category where it becomes a very noticeable part of the show. Well that is not bad, when they try to squeeze in all this content and make it dramallama it is sort of unusual.

Also getting frustrated how they cut out those important scenes (the second president getting saved, angel two seconds after stabbing her copy). There is such sudden transitions; i guess it forms a cycle where you go from relaxed and to a dramatic climax every episode then back.
May 22, 2010 9:01 PM

Jul 2009
Well well, I'd hate to say it, but these aren't one of their better episodes.

Fight (singular, mind you) scene was cool, and some memorable quotes, but really, what happened? It feels like this whole episode was null, with the ending of last, pretty much being irrelevant seeing as how things ended up.

On the good note, it was pretty comedic more so than the other ones.

YUI, WRYYYYYY

{loli+, your loli blog for info around the interwebz}
May 22, 2010 9:06 PM

Aug 2008
helur said:

I can see what your saying. Thankfully my fandom and desire for this show to be awesome is able to suppress reasonably. So in defense, they do 'try' to tweak the situation in order give it a new feel.

However, as other people stated; i do like KEY's comedy style and it is welcome, but compared to all their other shows this is a whole step up in that category where it becomes a very noticeable part of the show. Well that is not bad, when they try to squeeze in all this content and make it dramallama it is sort of unusual.

Also getting frustrated how they cut out those important scenes (the second president getting saved, angel two seconds after stabbing her copy). There is such sudden transitions; i guess it forms a cycle where you go from relaxed and to a dramatic climax every episode then back.

I don't know. To me, the first season of Clannad was much, much funnier than this. Even though both shows reused jokes and character archetypes, I found Sunohara and Fuko to be infinitely more entertaining than anyone on this show.
May 22, 2010 9:22 PM

Sep 2009
gerb234 said:
TK was awesome.

I wonder what's gonna happen to Kanade?

There are two options:

1) She is going to die.

2) She is gonna go crazy and try and kill everyone.

Im thinking, she might go into a coma.
just a thought

Also the part where they were supposed to act normal in school Yui holding 2 buckets . that's normal for her O-o
nesfeMay 22, 2010 9:37 PM
May 22, 2010 9:23 PM

Sep 2009
Poor Naoi no one yelled his name out xD
its funny how he acts towards Otonashi and how he treats the rest of them xD
great episode with a good ending ><
the part where everyone was sacrificing themselves was funny and it was cool to see Angel's abilities :)

May 22, 2010 9:55 PM

May 2010
TK= WIN

Fun episode. Death is hilarious in this world. I hope Kanade will be alright. I'm excited for the next episode.
May 22, 2010 10:25 PM

May 2009
T.K's screentime are always epic. He get's the best part.
May 22, 2010 10:29 PM
Apr 2010
I didn't mind this episode...although the sacrifice thing is getting a bit old and cliched and the comedy was a bit misplaced, it still made me laugh.

I'm looking forward to the next ep. Naoi is growing on me, I love his whole hate-everyone-except-Ontonasi thing.Had an evil little giggle when he suicideded.
With love, Hime Angel
May 22, 2010 10:44 PM

Jul 2009
noteDhero said:
helur said:

I don't know. To me, the first season of Clannad was much, much funnier than this. Even though both shows reused jokes and character archetypes, I found Sunohara and Fuko to be infinitely more entertaining than anyone on this show.

Well said.
May 22, 2010 11:50 PM

Mar 2008
Now Angel Beats! is interesting in how will the writers not paint themselves into a corner with 5 episodes left.

Either that or we're in for a serious trolling if this is an intro to a much larger VN (this only works if Maeda's semi-retirement is also a hoax).

Also, Angel Beats!, answer us this: If life and death does not matter much and is cheapened in this world, what is important then?

Everything in due course I guess.
May 23, 2010 3:03 AM

Nov 2009
everybody not mentioning Yui's repetitious "toilet" remarks?

few episodes ago she made a gimmick of going to bathroom repeatedly, then in this episode she likes to make those "pee" lines...she's incontinent perhaps...
truly a lame cockroach, maybe she drowned in a toilet bowl for her death...lol
sauteed_roachesMay 23, 2010 3:06 AM

May 23, 2010 3:57 AM

Aug 2009
Matus's death is dramatic but the rest turned to a joke.
At least it became very interesting by making a huge twist and cliffhanger at the end.

All that leaves is Kaede's story on how she became the Angel
May 23, 2010 4:14 AM

Jan 2009
Torrentsven said:
Yuri just regained a bit of respect IMO

This.
But wtf was the ending? D: It's another damn cliffhanger D:

Also, I lol'd so hard when nobody said anything about Naoi X'D
May 23, 2010 4:42 AM

Jul 2009
I LOVED this episode.

I reckon the suicide-deaths became comedic so they could fit it all in. Can't see any other reason for them to waste a good opportunity for drama really. Ah well, makes me laugh, the humor isn't anywhere near as dumb as the myriad of shounen anime humor.
May 23, 2010 4:48 AM

Feb 2009
Psychodrake said:
I reckon the suicide-deaths became comedic so they could fit it all in. Can't see any other reason for them to waste a good opportunity for drama really.
You're joking, right?
belatkuroMay 23, 2010 4:52 AM
May 23, 2010 4:59 AM
Jun 2008
belatkuro said:
Psychodrake said:
I reckon the suicide-deaths became comedic so they could fit it all in. Can't see any other reason for them to waste a good opportunity for drama really.
You're joking, right?
At first I thought the AB staff just too lazy to think of a way to kill them,so the they just simply made them all die the same way.....it was funny though...
May 23, 2010 6:04 AM

Oct 2007
Ok, so Angel Beats has became a show of 20minutes of boring talking + a couple second of action + a couple second of fanservice. Where did I see this kind of show before?

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
May 23, 2010 6:19 AM

May 2010
Lol, I find Angel beats very funny though, great comedy, well, that's it...
May 23, 2010 6:23 AM

Feb 2008
Siva said:
Ok, so Angel Beats has became a show of 20minutes of boring talking + a couple second of action + a couple second of fanservice. Where did I see this kind of show before?
Index? There's less exposition though, so AB is better.
May 23, 2010 6:39 AM

May 2009
nc ep =.=
May 23, 2010 6:44 AM

Jul 2008
Siva said:

Haruhi, at least that's what this message make me think.
May 23, 2010 7:26 AM

Jul 2009
belatkuro said:
Psychodrake said:
You're joking, right?

Whatever makes you happy.
May 23, 2010 7:31 AM

Oct 2007
kuroshiroi said:
Siva said:
Index? There's less exposition though, so AB is better.
Damn right.

Dandere-chan said:
Siva said:

Haruhi, at least that's what this message make me think.
I don't really find Haruhi is that boring or rather I find it annoying. And also let not go any deep into EE.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
May 23, 2010 7:54 AM

Dec 2007
I liked this episode and I found all the deaths to be really funny though Naoi's was the best especially Yui's reply to it....which brings me to poor Yui never even had a chance to fight xD. The plot twist at the end was nice too though I have no idea how that's going to turn out.
May 23, 2010 7:55 AM

Mar 2009
Easily the best episode since 2. Was steadily losing hope for this show...

May 23, 2010 8:11 AM

Nov 2007
They each sacrificed themselves by just running out to be stabbed, wtf.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
May 23, 2010 9:08 AM

May 2010
The aftermath of Naoi's sacrifice. Sad, very sad.
May 23, 2010 10:02 AM

Jul 2009
Meh, episode was okay. Enjoyed the fighting, the sacrifices were funny, description of the skills, especially Yuri's fight during the last part. The ending was WTF though. Starting to dislike Angel a bit though. Hope next week's episode is better
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Explanation

Vapor_AU - Apr 27

17 by Saimatsu_Fan »»
Apr 29, 11:38 PM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - Jun 25, 2010

1752 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 23, 10:54 AM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - Jun 4, 2010

662 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 22, 2:41 PM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - May 28, 2010

565 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 22, 2:13 PM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

game8910 - May 14, 2010

538 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 22, 9:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.