Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
May 22, 2010 2:03 AM

Jan 2009
they are not in a purgatory they are in a game somewhere in heaven lol and angel is bot an AI program XD
May 22, 2010 2:15 AM

Jun 2009

Despite this being cliche/lame at time, i like this show, it's got good moments too. But seriously, this ending... щ(゚Д゚щ)
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
May 22, 2010 2:18 AM

Jan 2010
Not sure whether there's actually any drama in this show anymore, because the comedy just ruins the impact of the serious parts...
Decent episode, but would rather this anime try to be either funny or sad and not both at once!
Nice to see Yuri vs Angel fight, but would have liked to see a longer Kaname vs Angel.
I like Angel Beats, but there are so many flaws (character development, plot holes, great at destroying whatever moods it sets, etc)...
May 22, 2010 2:38 AM

May 2010
I am not sure what to think about it anymore. I thought the action scenes were rather good, we seriously lacked those in the last episodes. The whole suicide thing was funny the first time, it wasn't that bad, but it's getting old. Kanade absorb all the evil ''angels''.. otonashi will probably hug her a few episodes later on, and all the 'evil' will disappear out of Kanade. I will no longer guess how this well end though, too many plotholes, and weird episodes.

From the lines in the end, we can safely assume that there's more to hear about Otonashi's past. I thought this episode was decent, though I don't feel excited for next week's episode.

lolwut@eawarrior posts above me, retard.
YzoriMay 22, 2010 2:43 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 22, 2010 2:59 AM

Apr 2010
KANADE! I feel so sorry for you, just want to go inside the anime and hug you!

And the suicides weren't funny! (though the hypnotic-guy's got a little bit funny, but it was more sad cuz they didn't care.)

Still think it's amazing how they mix comic and seriousness into souch a great anime, can't wait for next one! :D
May 22, 2010 3:05 AM

Mar 2008
OrochiPL said:

Despite this being cliche/lame at time, i like this show, it's got good moments too. But seriously, this ending... щ(゚Д゚щ)

Yui does not deserve the cool deaths everybody had to endure, so a metal plank is good enough for her. Yuri became a novice programmer? Nice, but learn more English plox (for crying out loud what is TK for?)

Also Noda dropping his spear outside classroom XD

But seriously, this ending...щ(゚Д゚щ)

"When you die and get into purgatory, what do you do? Play Counter-Strike The Matrix Online."

THE MATRIX, IN MY ANGEL BEATS!?

also someone remove that spammer's posts?
May 22, 2010 3:11 AM
Jun 2008
@Foton
Tk is the background Mascot of this Anime,
instead of carrying pom pon,he carry Cool words LOL....
May 22, 2010 3:18 AM

Mar 2008
MorningGlory said:
@Foton

IT'S MY TURN! GET CHANCE AND LUCK!
May 22, 2010 3:41 AM
Sep 2009
"Get chance and luck" lol

I'm curious to see what will happen to Kanade. Pretty good action in this ep...
May 22, 2010 3:42 AM

Jan 2009
I love episodes when Yuri gets to really shine <3 But poor Kanade! I hope all of the SSS will try to help her!

...I'm starting to like the HinaxYui ship XD

HawthorneKitty said:
You can tell Yuri knew this would happen; what a bitch.

What a bunch of BS.

Yuri had no clue what was going to happen. Kanade's "Angel Player" manual was in ENGLISH, and since "no one can understand what TK says", she obviously can't understand what an English manual says.

LightningRamiel said:

Not to mention, she seems to be jealous of Otonashi's growing relationship with Kanade.

I doubt that. Honestly, I don't think Yuri is interested in romance right now. She's got more important things to worry about.

DoubleDango said:
<3<3<3<3 This was like best TK-service episode as well.

This was so good omg. <3<3<3

Last Yui part made me lol so bad :D
Well; the whole thing made me lol with serious face.

True dat! I about died laughing when he was "acting normal" in the classroom. Seriously, that made my day a whole lot better! XD

And of course, his fucking epic battle cry as he leaped into the air ROTFLMAO!
May 22, 2010 3:44 AM

Jun 2008
I didn't read all the comments, but the ones I've read haven't mentioned it... the Zaelot has appeared... With full force, and her double wielding...
May 22, 2010 3:46 AM

Apr 2010
I liked it...I'm not sure where key is taking us...with only 13 episodes...err...
May 22, 2010 3:50 AM

May 2010
I wish things are going to be interesting now :D lol TK's moonwalk xD and pretending to take lesson serious was hilarious

in this episode, you will die horribly... *laughs just as shion*
lightness vs. darkness
Nani mo kamo wo hoshigatteita Mayoeru mono no chikai
Mada miru sekai o tsukuridasu koto Kuchi hateteiku
May 22, 2010 3:56 AM

Oct 2008
Foton said:
MorningGlory said:
@Foton

IT'S MY TURN! GET CHANCE AND LUCK!

IT'S A MOONWALK!
May 22, 2010 4:36 AM
Nov 2009
Awesome episode, I don't get why many think that this was a boring one. It's gonna be intressting to know what's gonna happen with Tenshil @the next episode :p
May 22, 2010 4:37 AM

Aug 2009
The comedy felt really misplaced. Again. What's even worse is, it wasn't even that funny.

Seriously, when is Key gonna make a 100% serious episode.

Did enjoy the action scenes though. And Tenshi is still <3
May 22, 2010 4:41 AM

Sep 2009
SamTheNayru said:

Seriously, when is Key gonna make a 100% serious episode.

LOL dang I keep forgetting this is the same people who did Clannad, Air, & Kanon. I think a 100% serious episode would be too melodramatic for this series though. Also since there's no real penalty for death that gives them a lot of room for brutally hilarious kills.
May 22, 2010 4:51 AM
Jun 2008
The previous episode "everyone die" is a bit better than this.....To be honest,doing the same thing would be boring,but this is comedy ^^
May 22, 2010 5:14 AM

Nov 2008
LadyOrihime said:
HawthorneKitty said:
You can tell Yuri knew this would happen; what a bitch.
What a bunch of BS.

Yuri had no clue what was going to happen. Kanade's "Angel Player" manual was in ENGLISH, and since "no one can understand what TK says", she obviously can't understand what an English manual says.
>English Manual
>TK
>No connection whatsoever.

No, I'm not serious. It's just a coincidence.
May 22, 2010 6:02 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
That was great. Hilarious and very exciting. Can't wait for more!

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
May 22, 2010 6:07 AM

Feb 2008
Aaaah, goddamn cliffhanger! >.<
May 22, 2010 6:20 AM

Jun 2009
Yuri is starting to grow on me. It was so awesome when she beat Tenshi:) I guess this episode is okay and the funny parts is actually funny:D

Love the class part, it was so funny. And also, theres a lot of TK^^

May 22, 2010 6:38 AM
May 2010
Great episode !! loved it action and comedy my two favorite things
When it ended I was like NOOO dont end yett ARGHGHG XD
May 22, 2010 6:40 AM

May 2010
Nice ep. as always ! Angel Beats doesnt dissappoint me !

Well i'm quite worried about Tachibana ! I mean all thos copies will return back to her ...and because all of them have their own personality ...she might also change ! So i'm looking forward to the next ep ...it'll surely be as awesome as the previous one's
May 22, 2010 6:44 AM

Sep 2009
Best episode yet, but turning the Guild fight into comedic relief was really unnecessary. When T.K. went up to make his sacrifice, I was expecting full GAR moment, but...
At least the Yuri vs. Angel fight scene was very slick and well done.

"Wait for me...sempai..."
May 22, 2010 6:52 AM

Apr 2009
ANOTHER CLIFFHANGER RARGHHRAHHA

DX I don't wanna wait another week~ >_<
May 22, 2010 6:56 AM

Jan 2010
i laughed a lot when naoi died and yui said ''i don't know his name'' rofl ç_ç
TK, YOUR SACRIFACE WON'T BE IN VAIN! <33
May 22, 2010 6:58 AM

Nov 2008
Cliffhangerrrr. Damn. This ep was another really good one. The sacrifices were hilarious.
May 22, 2010 7:41 AM

Oct 2009
I like the part where they start sacrificing themselves one by one. It's emotional at first and then gets funny xD
KaiPercivalMay 22, 2010 7:56 AM

May 22, 2010 7:57 AM
Dec 2009
The 1st part was super hilarious! I'm on crack after watching them die hahaha
TK is random as always <<Look this is moonwalk! Headspin!>>
<<Let me make you laugh *dies*>>
The end was sad though, the clone said that Kanade will pay for it :(
I laugh a bit in the end when they're introducing ep 9. Somebody said "Are you trying to undress me?" ^__^

May 22, 2010 7:59 AM

Feb 2009
After reading all the posts here, I realized there are many users that are new to MAL, some that were just inactive in forums, and some who always return to discuss the episode here . No wonder we get 10+ pages every week. Well, there are a lot of things in this show that spark discussions, both good and bad things.

Anyways,

Great episode, but the suicide sacrifice that turned comedic kinda ruined the mood. We're at 8 episodes but I still have no idea where this is going to and how it will end so let's see what Maeda has for us.
May 22, 2010 8:11 AM

Dec 2009
coolxal said:
So supposedly Kanade's abilities are synced with her computer (God knows why since it's such a stupid idea) and Yuri can just easily modify her abilities just by hacking her computer.
Yuri once said Tenshi developed her skills in a way similar to how the SSS makes weapons at Guild. The guys at Guild had built a huge heap of machines to ease their work, Tenshi uses her computer. I wouldn't necessarily call it stupid idea, but unfortunately we didn't get to know more about how that's supposed to work...

coolxal said:
That's already a plothole but the bigger one is this: If she can modify her abilities so easily and the SSS are all afraid of Kanade because she's so strong, then instead of fighting her, why didn't they just DELETE her abilities in episode 3?
You see, even now in episode 8 Yuri refrained from deleting anything, out of caution (a rather smart decision in my opinion). And in episode 3, they were surprised enough at even finding that program plus didn't want Tenshi to notice anything, so how is that a plothole?

Anyway, great serious episode with some funny moments:
- Yuri being badass
- Naoi starting to get useful
- HOWLING
- "It's a moonwalk, it's a moonwalk"
- "I'll follow soon, senpai!" :D
FireballStarfishMay 22, 2010 8:14 AM
May 22, 2010 8:14 AM

Jan 2010
HEY, YO, CHECK THIS OUT. IT'S A MOONWALK, IT'S A MOONWALK, IT'S A HEADSPIN.

I admit that I lol'd so hard at the sacrificing scene. How some of them went was just so stupid yet hilarious.

The fighting scenes in this episode were fantastic as well. And when Otonashi (I can't get used to calling him Yuzuru) hugged Kanade, I was like :D irl.
May 22, 2010 8:20 AM
Jun 2008
So weird.Tk only get a few scene but it seem people talk more about Tk compare to Otonashi .Did he ever speak Japanese before, because i can't remember well.
May 22, 2010 8:25 AM

Feb 2009
Death has never been funnier to watch.

Yuri-bitch forgot the golden rule: don't fix what's not broken.
May 22, 2010 8:26 AM
Dec 2007
This concept of sacrificing each character one by one is getting redundant and the episode didn't make the story progress at all. Only Yuri was kinda cool throughout the episode, especially her final fight vs the last clone. A very average one.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
May 22, 2010 8:26 AM

Jul 2009
MorningGlory said:
So weird.Tk only get a few scene but it seem people talk more about Tk compare to Otonashi .Did he ever speak Japanese before, because i can't remember well.

He did in episode 2 but that's a lyric from a song called Hurry up! by B'z
May 22, 2010 8:28 AM
Feb 2007
YoshiBoshi said:
Naoi hypnotism was hilarious.

Indeed. XD
May 22, 2010 8:28 AM

Sep 2009
Naoi and TK made the entire ep! haha XD

Man TK's dance was amusing....and lmao, double KO =))

poor Kanade....I sure hope Otonashi can save her.
May 22, 2010 8:29 AM

Aug 2008
lulz at all these people wanting a serious episode of Angel Beats. What, you want another sick girl dying in the snow? No thanks, I quite like getting my chances and my luck too.

Nobody mentioned the guy dropping his axe out the window? That sent me into a fit of giggles
The Cart Driver <-- My awesome anime blog
May 22, 2010 8:33 AM

May 2010
This was pretty good, but now I really have no idea what is going to happen now. I can't wait until the next episode next week!
May 22, 2010 8:38 AM

Aug 2009
5camp said:

Nobody mentioned the guy dropping his axe out the window? That sent me into a fit of giggles

I thought that was a good one too.

Loved his face, he was like "Wait..what just happened)
May 22, 2010 8:51 AM

Apr 2010
a lot of LOL especially the impale fest... wonder how it feels like getting impaled like that, and wtf is up with Yui's sacrifice? Guessin next ep Kanade's gonna be on the dark side again...
Expect the unexpected... Surprise butt secks!
May 22, 2010 9:24 AM

May 2008
Simply all they've done till now was just hurting Tenshi. This episode was just another ridiculous one.
sayamiMay 22, 2010 9:52 AM
May 22, 2010 9:36 AM

Aug 2009
The assimilation of the clones reminded me of downloading numerous virus programs into a computer. Not a pretty sight.

Now to see if she has to fight against several murderous tendencies combined.
May 22, 2010 9:37 AM
Jan 2010
TRAP.

Other than that, this was a bad episode.
May 22, 2010 10:11 AM

Mar 2010
I wouldn't say this was a bad episode. More like "Oh I guess that's cool...." that was what I thought. Even though we've got 5 episodes left in the series I felt nothing really happened in this episode.

-Oh Noes Kanade get hurt!
-Kanade gets kidnapped
-The Front goes into Guild
-Everyone dies except for Yuri + Otonashi
-Evil Kanade has a evil plan Muhahahaha!
-Otonashi = NOOOOOOO!
-End of ep.

Like seriously?
I expected a lot more to happen :l
Oh well those are just my 2 cents.

Hopefully next week's episode will be better ;D
May 22, 2010 11:07 AM

Jan 2009
FUKKEN CLIFFHANGER

I WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO KANADE !!!

OMG, i now know that i watch this show just for Tenshi, not the story
May 22, 2010 11:32 AM

Dec 2009
Crap.. or was it Trap ? TK was awesome in this one , and I also liked yuri ^^ The fighting scenes were pretty good this time. Can't wait for the next one , I hope Kanade won't go insane
yuno6.jpg
May 22, 2010 11:36 AM

Feb 2010
"hey Yuri, mind passing me that manual?" is what i was saying to my screen.

Do you like or wish for the Otonashi X Tachibana Kanade pairing from Angel Beats? Or just love both characters?
Then Join the club ^^:The Otonashi X Tachibana Kanade Club

Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Explanation

Vapor_AU - Apr 27

17 by Saimatsu_Fan »»
Apr 29, 11:38 PM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - Jun 25, 2010

1752 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 23, 10:54 AM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - Jun 4, 2010

662 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 22, 2:41 PM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - May 28, 2010

565 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 22, 2:13 PM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

game8910 - May 14, 2010

538 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 22, 9:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.