Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 4, 2023 2:32 AM
Jun 2021
I dont understand anything, can someone please explain? I cant differentiate the dream and the real world. I also had many questions
Jul 4, 2023 3:06 AM

Mar 2022
Bro did you even watch the movie properly.
1) Rumi
2) Yes she was hallucinating
3) That fat chick didn't have the looks to make it in the industry so she fantasized about it. When they recorded the sex scene with mima she was furious because it hurt her hallucinations where she was the pure girl.
4) It is left to us to decipher that. I probably think that it didn't happen.

Jul 4, 2023 3:10 AM
Jan 2022
U should rewatch the movie again
Jul 4, 2023 3:11 AM
Nov 2020
About the 4. question I think its happend. Remember Mima hit stalker with a hammer he got a huge damage but it didn't kill the stalker. After that he kill someone again and he dies here (I may be misremembering this scene little) because he got a lot brain damage so he died of a cerebral hemorrhage.
Jul 4, 2023 3:55 AM

Aug 2022
The first 3 questions have already been answered so I won't bother with that. About the 4th question, that's up to your own interpretation. Actually most of the movie is supposed to be a personal experience and the events are ambiguous on purpose. I personally believe the stalker and the rape part were not real. Mima's mental state at this point in the film is not stable due to the many terrible experiences she's been through. 

Either way, Perfect Blue is a film that needs at least 1 rewatch in order to fully comprehend everything that happened, since usually on your 1st watch it's hard to distinguish its themes properly and you don't know what to expect nor how to interpret certain events. The main thing you need to understand is the main theme of "obsession" and that everything in Perfect Blue revolves around it. 
Jul 4, 2023 6:53 AM
Jan 2023
R1NN_ said:
I dont understand anything, can someone please explain? I cant differentiate the dream and the real world. I also had many questions

you're so damn confused. I would suggest you to re-watch but the scenes are so traumatic that even I'll think twice.
Jul 4, 2023 6:57 AM

Apr 2021
R1NN_ said:

Bro forgot to watch the movie
Jul 4, 2023 7:02 AM
Jul 2023
I can't imagine what would you do if you watch Lain.
Jul 4, 2023 8:45 AM
Apr 2022
I have a question tho. Who was making posts on the internet about Mima's daily life? At this point, I think it was Rumi. The guy who was indeed obsessed with Mima didn't had a chance to know what she was talking about with Rumi. Did Mima hallucinate about him standing on a set and him being her main tormentor because he "looked" the part?
Maybe it was said in a movie and I didn't notice 🤔
Jul 4, 2023 11:41 AM

Feb 2021
Baranka02 said:
I have a question tho. Who was making posts on the internet about Mima's daily life? At this point, I think it was Rumi. The guy who was indeed obsessed with Mima didn't had a chance to know what she was talking about with Rumi. Did Mima hallucinate about him standing on a set and him being her main tormentor because he "looked" the part?
Maybe it was said in a movie and I didn't notice 🤔

It's foreshadowed in the earlier part of film where Rumi is shown to be more adept at using a computer and the web.
Jul 4, 2023 9:23 PM
Mar 2022
Look at all these geniuses lmao don’t feel bad bro it’s as convoluted as Akira and lain. Ignore the 195 IQs here
Jul 5, 2023 5:44 AM
May 2022
R1NN_ said:

omg everyone's so arrogant around here, I don't think your questions are at all stupid and I think the movie was purposely blurry and played around with the hallucinations so well everyone would get their own interpretations.
like, at no point it's like 'yeah so this is real and this is a fantasy' or anything, and it just makes it a whole lot more appealing!
so don't worry if some points are unclear, you definitely watched the movie properly :) it was meant this way
Jul 5, 2023 6:20 AM
Jul 2022
The thing is, It's one of the movies which can be compared with the Modern Art style in Panting. You can Only understand them when you have excessive knowledge about the field/industry. This movie's never meant for all viewers who seek a casual entertainment, rather it's more focused on film connoisseurs (I mean the people who have been watching such films for years). You'd find many films like this one & You should either avoid them or rewatch them (until you develop the imagination that the director/storywriter imagined in the movie).
I'm saying again "This isn't a movie you'd watch for casual entertainment it never meant for that purpose."
Jul 5, 2023 6:31 AM
Jul 2022
Kaoola said:
Nayan_Sarkar said:
The thing is, It's one of the movies which can be compared with the Modern Art style in Panting. You can Only understand them when you have excessive knowledge about the field/industry. This movie's never meant for all viewers who seek a casual entertainment, rather it's more focused on film connoisseurs (I mean the people who have been watching such films for years). You'd find many films like this one & You should either avoid them or rewatch them (until you develop the imagination that the director/storywriter imagined in the movie).
I'm saying again "This isn't a movie you'd watch for casual entertainment it never meant for that purpose."

That's such a bullshit elitist gatekeeping.

Everyone has their own thoughts, I respect your opinion that you disagree with my point. But be in charecter dude! don't get hostile here! If you can't respect the opinion of others why even being a part of a public discussion?
Jul 5, 2023 9:37 AM
Nov 2015
My best advice is to rewatch the film and also research the book it was based off of. The director has some interviews about this film too you can watch.
Jul 6, 2023 1:42 PM
Apr 2016
run it back for the one time
Jul 7, 2023 2:07 PM
Dec 2020
Sorry everyone’s being so mean in these replies 💀
Jul 11, 2023 3:17 AM

Jul 2017
These pretentious mfs probably watched the movie 3-5 times yet they're still saying the OP didn't pay any attention at all LMAO
Jul 12, 2023 9:28 PM
Dec 2021
it's quite a hard movie to understand. I just finished a
it and I'm confused but what I do know is that it's a masterpiece.
Jul 16, 2023 4:23 AM
Jun 2019
SabreDrago said:
Bro did you even watch the movie properly.
1) Rumi
2) Yes she was hallucinating
3) That fat chick didn't have the looks to make it in the industry so she fantasized about it. When they recorded the sex scene with mima she was furious because it hurt her hallucinations where she was the pure girl.
4) It is left to us to decipher that. I probably think that it didn't happen.

blud chill no need for that attitude, bro just asked a question💀
Aug 30, 2023 2:25 PM

Mar 2019
Yeaa I came her to clear my confusion too xD thanks to everyone. And boooo to all the ones saying "did u even watch it", wish them moderate bad fortune for the next 2 weeks
My candies:
Sep 15, 2023 2:43 AM
Dec 2021
Mafufufufu said:
About the 4. question I think its happend. Remember Mima hit stalker with a hammer he got a huge damage but it didn't kill the stalker. After that he kill someone again and he dies here (I may be misremembering this scene little) because he got a lot brain damage so he died of a cerebral hemorrhage.

this is false. the stalker was killed by Rumi
Dec 13, 2023 7:20 PM

Jul 2011
Man... I wasn't expecting this movie to have a fanbase of know it all elitists. I came here to see what everyone thought about that ending.

Here's what I got from it with only 1 watch:

• Stalker-san managed the website, Rumi did not she only knew how to use a computer being the fat nerd that she is.
  • Stalker-san killed the script writer. Rumi felt extremely uncomfortable with the grape scene and her ideal view of mima was shattering
  • Stalker-san had his own sort of mental delusions, so did Rumi. Mima started developing severe mental stress after career swapping, discovering that she was being stalked and the grape scene.
  • Rumi killed the photograher after profaning her idol then planted the evidence in Mima's room since she had access to it.
  • Stalker-san tried to rape Mima, that was not Rumi. Rumi did not kill Stalker-San.
  • Stalker-san had brain damage and double death after fighting with manager-san
  • Rumi lost it and tried to kill Mima
  • The ending is where i'm unclear because it looked to me that Mima turned into Rumi after a mental breakdown, Rumi lost weight and turned into Mima... But i'll just go that Rumi was crazy with multiple personality disorder and Mima is the one that drove off in her car.

More topics from this board

» Few confusing that i don't understand HELP ME, if you didn't watched it plz go away I'm sure it be fully spoilers

MadSonic - Feb 18

21 by hi777 »»
Apr 15, 9:16 PM

Poll: » Perfect Blue Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

aero - Jul 18, 2009

347 by Cixyz »»
Apr 5, 3:37 PM

» Great movie... but suffered through the entire thing

BustedBayou - Jan 4

17 by Feitan_exe »»
Mar 1, 10:29 PM

» Recommendations like this movie with THOSE scenes

SadikTD - Apr 30, 2023

8 by arrianne311 »»
Sep 20, 2023 12:41 PM

» Just saw Perfect Blue in theaters

Phlaryx - Sep 6, 2018

11 by yagakimilover »»
Sep 10, 2023 5:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.