Forum Settings
Forums

'Kuroshitsuji' Anime Series Gets New Season in 2024

New
Jul 3, 2023 5:32 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
The Crunchyroll Industry panel at Anime Expo 2023 announced on Monday that a new season of Kuroshitsuji (Black Butler) is in production. The panel also revealed returning main staff, cast, teaser visual, and teaser promotional video. The anime is scheduled to premiere in 2024.

Daisuke Ono (Shingeki no Kyojin) and Maaya Sakamoto (Bakemonogatari) are returning as Sebastian Michaelis and Ciel Phantomhive, respectively.

Staff
Director: Kenjirou Okada (3-gatsu no Lion)
Series Composition: Hiroyuki Yoshino (Kuroshitsuji: Book of Circus)
Character Design: Yumi Shimizu (Futsuu no Joshikousei ga [Locodol] Yattemita.)
Music: Ryou Kawasaki (Fumetsu no Anata e)
Studio: CloverWorks

The anime series adapt Yana Toboso's fantasy mystery manga which began serialization in GFantasy magazine in September 2006. Square Enix will ship the 33rd volume on July 27. Kuroshitsuji has a cumulative of 34 million copies in circulation.

Yen Press licensed the manga in English and released the 31st volume on May 31 last year. The 32nd volume is scheduled to go on sale on July 18.

A-1 Pictures adapted the manga into three seasons in Fall 2008, Summer 2010, and Summer 2014. They also produced an original video animation and a movie. The latest entry in the series, Book of the Atlantic, opened in theaters in January 2017.

Teaser PV

Official site: https://www.kuroshitsuji.tv/
Official Twitter: @kuroshitsuji2

Source: Press Release

Kuroshitsuji (Shin Series) on MAL
DatRandomDudeJul 4, 2023 5:30 AM
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 3, 2023 5:41 PM

Oct 2016
I hope CloverWorks will deliver a good, faithful adaptation.
Jul 3, 2023 5:42 PM
Oct 2019
Yudesei said:
I hope CloverWorks will deliver a good, faithful adaptation.
It was announced that it will continue to adapt the manga!
Jul 3, 2023 5:44 PM

Sep 2017
The anime gods have smiled down upon me, I am truly their favorite child🥺 If my favorite manga can continue to get such great adaptations, I will never ask for anything again
Jul 3, 2023 5:51 PM

Aug 2010
I re-watched the PV so many times already, can't wait!
Jul 3, 2023 6:03 PM

Mar 2020
Lets GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

夢の中

Jul 3, 2023 6:11 PM

Jul 2013
Bout time it's been 84 years
Jul 3, 2023 6:22 PM

Apr 2015
FUCK YES, LET'S GOOOOOOOO. I never imagined Black Butler would get another season omg T-T And the staff looks amazing!? Cloverworks is an awesome studio, I have no doubt in their ability to adapt the source material properly. Unlike the disgusting shit A-1 studio created that is the second season.

Based off of the promotional poster, it looks like this is going to be an adaptation of the public school arc. Not my favorite arc, but it's still pretty damn entertaining. Definitely looking forward to this!

"As promised, all that you seek, all that we desire, is prepared up there. On top of the Tower."
Jul 3, 2023 6:36 PM
Dec 2020
NO WAY LETS GOOOOOOO
Jul 3, 2023 6:42 PM
Jul 2018
I need to finish this anime lol I  stopped at ep 11 twice and have been putting this on hold since 2020
Jul 3, 2023 6:57 PM

Jul 2021
This has gotta be the most unexpected news, out of everything.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Jul 3, 2023 7:09 PM

Mar 2019
I didn't even remember this anime anymore kkkk, what good news! ^-^)/
Jul 3, 2023 8:14 PM
May 2021
My life has meaning again!!
Jul 3, 2023 9:14 PM

Oct 2015
kek
maaya sakamoto of *bakemonogatari* fame

welp been 6 yrs tho

Weebs when native isekai series with OP mc but female and not incel: :soyjackwow:
weebs when native isekai series with OP mc but male and incel: :npcangry:
Jul 3, 2023 9:24 PM

May 2020
We need more revivals. Keep them coming.

Though a VERY unexpected news everything considered lol.
Jul 3, 2023 9:39 PM

Jan 2021
Another unexpected announcement... can't wait to see Ciel and Sebastian again!! Let's goooo

Jul 3, 2023 9:54 PM

Dec 2016
I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO SAY. I NEVER EXPECTED IT WOULD EVER GET A SEQUEL AFTER HOW SEASON 2 ENDED.

I WAS HAVING SUCH A SHITTY DAY BUT THIS MADE ME SO FREAKIN' HAPPY.
Jul 3, 2023 10:34 PM

Oct 2017
Yo a sequel ? I'm all in for it.
Jul 3, 2023 10:48 PM

Apr 2012
Softhenic03 said:
We need more revivals. Keep them coming.

Though a VERY unexpected news everything considered lol.
I'm even more intrigued by how 00s-ish the industry will be in the near future. We literally have Holo, Kenshin and Ataru again with his harem.

Rickydory123 said:
I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO SAY. I NEVER EXPECTED IT WOULD EVER GET A SEQUEL AFTER HOW SEASON 2 ENDED.

Why not? A number of shows have simply canceled the original ending to get a new season. Kakegurui, Blue Exorcist, Tokyo Ghoul.
Jul 4, 2023 12:00 AM

Jul 2021
lmao this is legit trending on google
Jul 4, 2023 12:44 AM

Apr 2016
But will it stop people from wanting to see a romantic relationship of 12 years old with 20+ years old ? Or that's just a fandom standard ?
Jul 4, 2023 3:17 AM
Jan 2018
Rickydory123 said:

Season 2 has been basically retconned at this point along with like half of S1
Jul 4, 2023 5:34 AM

Mar 2010
Hope the studio change won't affect anything. Happy to see this back for another season.
Jul 4, 2023 5:54 AM
Nov 2016
I'm so happy! Glad I have something to look forward in 2024.
Jul 4, 2023 6:00 AM

Sep 2010
This anime series is back!

"to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -a magnet
Jul 4, 2023 7:01 AM

Mar 2012
Loved this anime ever since I first watched in on Animax, really happy that it's getting another season. I had read the manga till Emerald Witch Arc, about time I start reading it again.
Jul 4, 2023 7:33 AM
Nov 2014
This is the best news I received all year ahhh!!

Super stoked, I've loved this show since high school <3
Jul 4, 2023 7:48 AM

Jan 2021
Yes...YES..This is some fine news.
I'm simply one hell of a fanboy
Jul 4, 2023 8:15 AM

Dec 2016
RobertBobert said:
Why not? A number of shows have simply canceled the original ending to get a new season. Kakegurui, Blue Exorcist, Tokyo Ghoul.

After some thought I realized that they can just forget about the existence of season 2 and follow the movie Book of Atlantic since that movie was quite faithful to the manga compared to that unnecessary season 2. Then the next would be the public school arc. But I still hope they don't go anime original for this new season.
Jul 4, 2023 8:17 AM
Jul 2017
Yeahhh I'll be honest, not really vibing with this one

I absolutely adore Black Butler, it's my second favorite anime of all time, but I'm not vibing with the artstyle, Sebastian's face has that rounder/softer modern anime look and compared to his original anime/manga appearance he doesn't look nearly as demonic or intimidating

Also Cloverworks has a track record of "great starts, terrible endings" when it comes to shows, sure their animation is pretty but after The Promised Neverland and Wonder Egg Priority idk if I want to see one of my favorite franchises get the same treatment

Kinda just tired of remakes too, while they're great for newer fans every remake or reboot I've seen has never struck me as much as the original, also not sure whether this is supposed to be a reboot from the beginning of the story or a continuation of the manga where Book of Altlantic left off, either way I'll keep an eye on this one to see how it develops, but I'm reluctant to get invested
Jul 4, 2023 8:47 AM
Mar 2021
texasfangirl1999 said:
Yeahhh I'll be honest, not really vibing with this one

I absolutely adore Black Butler, it's my second favorite anime of all time, but I'm not vibing with the artstyle, Sebastian's face has that rounder/softer modern anime look and compared to his original anime/manga appearance he doesn't look nearly as demonic or intimidating

Also Cloverworks has a track record of "great starts, terrible endings" when it comes to shows, sure their animation is pretty but after The Promised Neverland and Wonder Egg Priority idk if I want to see one of my favorite franchises get the same treatment

Kinda just tired of remakes too, while they're great for newer fans every remake or reboot I've seen has never struck me as much as the original, also not sure whether this is supposed to be a reboot from the beginning of the story or a continuation of the manga where Book of Altlantic left off, either way I'll keep an eye on this one to see how it develops, but I'm reluctant to get invested
If you read the manga you will notice how the art, specially for Sebastian, changes with new volumes. Even the author has said this. So this sebastian is a perfect adaptation of the latest sebastian. Really recommend peeping at the manga if youre interested! Also this is supposed to be a continuation, not a reboot, as far as I know. 
Jul 4, 2023 9:02 AM

Apr 2012
Rickydory123 said:
RobertBobert said:

After some thought I realized that they can just forget about the existence of season 2 and follow the movie Book of Atlantic since that movie was quite faithful to the manga compared to that unnecessary season 2. Then the next would be the public school arc. But I still hope they don't go anime original for this new season.
I haven't read the manga, but sometimes the anime can end it and make an original sequel like they did with Dragon Ball Z.
Jul 4, 2023 10:04 AM

Jan 2021
Esmera said:
Unlike the disgusting shit A-1 studio created that is the second season.
A-1 literally gave us Book of Circus and Book of Atlantis...
Jul 4, 2023 10:16 AM

Dec 2018
Ionliosite2 said:
Esmera said:
Yana Toboso gave us the story. A1 pictures gave us the abysmal animation and poor pacing. Book of atlantis was particularly ugly since it was a movie and therfore should have had a better budget but no, it was so much bad cgi
Jul 4, 2023 10:58 AM

Aug 2010
Between this and Natsume, it feels good that anime which haven't updated in five to seven years can continue to get sequels.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Jul 4, 2023 11:08 AM

Feb 2017
MikuMousepad said:
Ionliosite2 said:
Yana Toboso gave us the story. A1 pictures gave us the abysmal animation and poor pacing. Book of atlantis was particularly ugly since it was a movie and therfore should have had a better budget but no, it was so much bad cgi
I think we watched different movies 🤡 lol it look amazing to me love the series, can't wait to see more it looks so good!!!
Jul 4, 2023 11:14 AM

Jan 2021
MikuMousepad said:
Ionliosite2 said:
Yana Toboso gave us the story.

Without A-1 said story wouldn't even have been animated to begin with, so without that we would've been left with season 2 LOL
Jul 4, 2023 11:29 AM

Dec 2018
Ionliosite2 said:
MikuMousepad said:
Yana Toboso gave us the story.

Without A-1 said story wouldn't even have been animated to begin with, so without that we would've been left with season 2 LOL

You do realize A1 pictures made seasons 1 and 2 right? They're the ones that made this mess in the first place.
Jul 4, 2023 11:34 AM

Dec 2018
Sphealz said:
MikuMousepad said:
I think we watched different movies 🤡 lol it look amazing to me love the series, can't wait to see more it looks so good!!!

Apparently we did. I found Book of Atlantic enjoyable in it's own way because it's a great arc, but the visuals were very lackluster. I already mentioned the bad CGI but the animation itself was also minimal and not very fluid so I feel the manga is the superior version of that storyline.

If you're saying you love the film inspite of the visuals and not because of them, then I can understand, but as an adaptation it was at best mediocre and I'm very glad to see a different studio helm the series
Jul 4, 2023 12:23 PM

Jun 2020
OH MY GOD!!!!!! Will the public school arc be animated?!?!? Finally!!! Ahhh I'm gonna cry im so happy
Jul 4, 2023 8:29 PM

Apr 2015
Ionliosite2 said:
Esmera said:
I was solely referring to Kuroshitsuji II that had Alois and Claude. I'm grateful for the Book of Circus and Book of Atlantis adaptation and think they did a decent job at them, but that 100% non-canon season was completely unnecessary and was horribly written.

"As promised, all that you seek, all that we desire, is prepared up there. On top of the Tower."
Jul 4, 2023 9:49 PM

Mar 2012
Amazing news! After 6 years since the movie and the fandom boom having died down, I had given up hope of any anime continuation until the manga finishes and we get an entire new beginning-to-end anime, FMAB-style. 

Idk if they're continuing into the school arc or what, but happy to hear it's not forgotten about all the same

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
Jul 5, 2023 10:22 PM

Apr 2009
I saw the announcement on Reddit and Twitter and I legit screamed. My prayers have been answered after all this time. I just finished rewatching book of circus, murder, and Atlantic after seeing the news. My heart is so full. I cannot wait to see baby boy Ciel and Sebas-chan again!!!
Jul 6, 2023 4:33 AM

Apr 2020
I am so excited as this is literally I think the first manga I ever read and I still follow it!!!! This is great, I am so hyped!
Jul 6, 2023 6:09 AM

May 2014
Dang it!
Finally can see Ciel in action again :3

Jul 6, 2023 6:46 AM

Jul 2014
Is this a sequel though?! Are we getting the school arc???!! 

Jul 7, 2023 3:14 PM

Nov 2010
So excited for this! Recently I thought about Kuroshitsuji and then, I found the trailer of the new anime. I have a lot of sweet memories with friends through this series.
Jul 7, 2023 8:10 PM
Jul 8, 2023 3:23 AM
Jul 2023
Stubborn fan of 'Kuroshitsuji', exciting news for me. Looking forward.
Jul 10, 2023 3:29 AM
Apr 2021
SO EXCITED ^^ This is most of our childhood anime. Man I missed them. It was one of my first anime I watched and after 6-7 years it's finally back >.<
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» 'Edens Zero' Manga Ends in Five Chapters

DatRandomDude - May 21

13 by yamiyugi101 »»
34 minutes ago

» Manga 'Darwin Jihen' Gets TV Anime

DatRandomDude - May 21

14 by Zedlin »»
4 hours ago

» Smartphone Game 'Garena Free Fire' Gets Anime Project

Hyperion_PS - May 12

45 by nectror »»
10 hours ago

» Kinema Citrus Announces 'Sayonara Lara', 'Ninja Skooler' Original Anime

DatRandomDude - May 18

20 by IdaB »»
Yesterday, 1:26 PM

» 'Diamond no Ace: Act II' TV Anime Sequel in Production

Vindstot - May 18

22 by Lili-chwaaan »»
Yesterday, 11:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.