Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 2, 2023 11:27 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Hajime Koumoto's Mashle (Mashle: Magic and Muscles) manga ended on Monday with chapter 162 in this year's 31st issue of Weekly Shounen Jump.

Koumoto began drawing the action comedy manga in Weekly Shounen Jump magazine in January 2020. Shueisha published the 16th volume on April 4, with the 17th volume scheduled for a July 4 release. The title has over 5 million cumulative copies of its volumes in circulation.

VIZ Media simulpublishes the manga in English and shipped the 12th volume on June 6, while the 13th volume is planned for a September 12 release. Shueisha's Manga Plus platform also simulpublishes the manga in English.

A television anime adaptation by A-1 Pictures aired in Spring 2023. Crunchyroll simulcast the anime worldwide, excluding Asia. The second season is scheduled to premiere in Winter 2024.

Synopsis
In this magical world, one is easily identified as having magical abilities by a distinctive mark on their face. Those unable to practice magic are swiftly exterminated to maintain the magical integrity of society. However, deep within a forest lies an anomaly in Mash Burnedead, who can be found pumping iron with one arm and lifting a cream puff with the other. This aloof boy with superhuman strength—but no magical abilities—leads a quiet life with his father, far removed from society.

Mash's peace is soon disturbed when the authorities discover his lack of magical powers. They issue him an ultimatum: compete to become a "Divine Visionary," which would force everyone to accept him, or be persecuted forever. To protect his family, he enrolls in the prestigious Easton Magic Academy, which only the most elite and gifted students are allowed to attend. Now, Mash must overcome his shortcomings as a magicless being and surpass the other students—relying solely on his muscles. [Written by MAL Rewrite]

Source: Mantan Web
DatRandomDudeJul 2, 2023 11:27 AM
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jul 2, 2023 11:46 AM
Nov 2019
guys is this fr???
Jul 2, 2023 11:54 AM
Jul 2021
I love this Manga. It was a great ride:)
Jul 2, 2023 11:54 AM
Jun 2014
Damn if true that sucks a little bit glad the anime is getting a 2ND season. Decided to read the manga after finishing the 1st season and keen to see how it’s ending. It’s good that a show like this doesn’t overstay its welcome.
Jul 2, 2023 11:56 AM
Oct 2021
WildanP said:
guys is this fr???

Yeah seems so on the shounen jump manga app it doesn’t countdown to the next chapter anymore makes sense though it did seem like it was close to the end of the series
Jul 2, 2023 12:21 PM

Feb 2021
So one more season (plus one already announced = two seasons) to cover all the manga chapters.
Jul 2, 2023 1:22 PM

Nov 2013
Good, have +1 reason to read manga now.
Jul 2, 2023 2:50 PM

Jun 2023
That’s a relief tbh. The longer a series gets, the more intimidating it is to start.
What have you done today to deserve your eyes?

Jul 2, 2023 4:25 PM
Jan 2016
it was a very fitting ending going to miss this series
I'd rather die a free man then live under the rules of idiots
Jul 2, 2023 6:30 PM

Mar 2015
the ending was excellent, last few arc pacing has been quite messy, but the pay off was great. it's not doing anything groundbreaking, but i enjoy the comedy throughout. 8/10
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jul 2, 2023 10:06 PM

Aug 2018
Sad that it ended but now i hope that the Anime will adapt the whole Manga
"When There Is Evil In This World That Justice Cannot Defeat, Would You Taint Your Hands With Evil To Defeat Evil? Or Would You Remain Steadfast And Righteous Even If It Means Surrendering To Evil?"
Jul 5, 2023 2:19 PM

May 2009
Memore said:
So one more season (plus one already announced = two seasons) to cover all the manga chapters.

Anime didn't boost sales enough to warrant more seasons. 2nd one is just second cour because anime was originally suppose to have 2 but due to production issues it was split.
Jul 5, 2023 2:50 PM

Feb 2021
bastek66 said:
Memore said:

Anime didn't boost sales enough to warrant more seasons. 2nd one is just second cour because anime was originally suppose to have 2 but due to production issues it was split.

Anime is stated as a COMPLETE ADAPTATION.
Jul 5, 2023 2:56 PM

May 2009
Memore said:
bastek66 said:

Then they will just rush it like tPN.
Jul 5, 2023 10:45 PM

Feb 2021
bastek66 said:
Memore said:

Then they will just rush it like tPN.

Maybe you are right. We will know it soon.
Apr 4, 1:01 PM

Jun 2009
Can someone tell me, did the manga ended like planned, or did it got canned bc of poor sales? With Shonen Jump titles I'm never sure which it is, and I couldn't find the answer here
Apr 5, 11:06 AM
Aug 2018
Reply to ScrewFiction
Can someone tell me, did the manga ended like planned, or did it got canned bc of poor sales? With Shonen Jump titles I'm never sure which it is, and I couldn't find the answer here
ScrewFiction said:

It ended normally and as planned. You can even say that it was stretched at the finale. And the sales were also good.

For comparison, Undead Unluck startet around the same time as Mashle, has significantly lower sales and is still running.
Apr 5, 1:29 PM

Feb 2021
Reply to Sondo
ScrewFiction said:

It ended normally and as planned. You can even say that it was stretched at the finale. And the sales were also good.

For comparison, Undead Unluck startet around the same time as Mashle, has significantly lower sales and is still running.
@Sondo, thanks for the info!
Apr 9, 11:26 PM

Jun 2009
Reply to Sondo
ScrewFiction said:

@Sondo Awesome, thanks for telling me
love me some Shonen titles that just end when the story is told without overstaying it's welcome

More topics from this board

» North American Anime & Manga Releases for May

Aiimee - Yesterday

0 by Aiimee »»
Yesterday, 10:47 AM

» Video Game 'Tensui no Sakuna-hime' Gets TV Anime in 2024

DatRandomDude - Mar 9

17 by Synrax »»
Yesterday, 10:30 AM

» 'Senpai wa Otokonoko' Announces Additional Staff, Theme Songs

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

0 by DatRandomDude »»
Yesterday, 8:56 AM

» 'Mononoke: Karakasa' Reveals Supporting Cast, Theme Song, Trailer

DatRandomDude - May 1

8 by DARM11 »»
Yesterday, 6:53 AM

» 'Kaijuu 8-gou' Unveils Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - May 4

2 by deg »»
Yesterday, 5:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.