Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 2, 2023 10:15 AM
Jul 2015
They took a huge gamble on this one, its was not in the LN (some scenes are but most of it is not in it). Dialogues are suffering from it. Animation is not as good as it is supposed to be (wtf was that fall in the fountain luke ? at 2:55. At 15:10 wtf is he doing with is hand ????). Moreover, why are they quitting Asura kingdom by foot? didnt they leave with horses and got attacked by assassins ?
TornIsBarkingJul 2, 2023 10:28 AM
Jul 2, 2023 10:22 AM
Oct 2011
Was a good episode. Quite a lot wasn't in the LN(Ariel singing etc that was actually a nice touch) but they had to introduce Sylphie somehow. After all they completely skipped her scenes in S1.
I actually wish it was longer like maybe 30 minutes or so. Would've fleshed out the characters more but it'll do, next week we can begin the depressed magician arc finally.
barmarJul 2, 2023 10:53 AM
Jul 2, 2023 10:27 AM
Jul 2021
It was still a pretty good episode but holy the animation has took a very big downgrade compared to S1
Jul 2, 2023 10:28 AM
Aug 2022
Was a decent episode. hope this will receive Good responses
Jul 2, 2023 10:29 AM
Jul 2015
Gavinyeet said:
It was still a pretty good episode but holy the animation has took a very big downgrade compared to S1
I deeply hope its because of it being episode 0
Jul 2, 2023 10:35 AM

Jun 2014
Lowkey thought this episode 0 was going to be a quick recap of the first season, so I'm glad to see it was a side story update on what's going on with Sylphie. Glad to have Mushoku back and I'm looking forward to the rest of the season.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jul 2, 2023 10:36 AM

Dec 2019
ShiinaMashiroSan said:
Gavinyeet said:
Think its because this was made last minute, other episodes should look better than this one although there is definitely a downgrade compared to s1 as a whole. Lot of people did leave sadly from the s1 days.

Ironically, both cours of season 1 were delayed too so they even got additional time for more refinements lol.
Jul 2, 2023 10:40 AM
Jul 2015
MangagnaM said:
ShiinaMashiroSan said:
Think its because this was made last minute, other episodes should look better than this one although there is definitely a downgrade compared to s1 as a whole. Lot of people did leave sadly from the s1 days.

Ironically, both cours of season 1 were delayed too so they even got additional time for more refinements lol.
I agree, this must be last minute made.
Jul 2, 2023 10:44 AM

Feb 2019
Nah man people really exaggerated with that quality degradation shit on twitter. The episode looked same as always? Just always wanna find something to complain about

Overall really pleased with the episode. Flew by in the blink of an eye.

When they cut out the princess and Luke and derek’s conversation from the earlier volume of the LN I was disappointed. But doing it as an OVA focusing on Sylphy actually makes a lot of sense ngl. They still cut quite a bit of Ariel conversation out, but it is what it is.
Jul 2, 2023 10:49 AM
Jun 2010
Give me anything with great writting, story, characters and world building and im game.

But did the animation (in comparison to the first season) take a nose dive or its just me?
Jul 2, 2023 10:51 AM
Jun 2023
reignyoma said:
Give me anything with great writting, story, characters and world building and im game.

But did the animation (in comparison to the first season) take a nose dive or its just me?
this is just an isekai trash wish fulfilment with a loser MC for Otaku to self insert themselves in the MC place and imagining themselves having Lolis Harem
It have nothing to do with writing and realism
Jul 2, 2023 10:51 AM
Jun 2021
Can't wait for the next episode
Jul 2, 2023 10:52 AM
May 2020
Was it really necessary to put this episode as a separate entry? I don't think so. 
Jul 2, 2023 10:54 AM
Apr 2021
It was cool just was showing syphie’s story on what happened
Jul 2, 2023 10:55 AM
Dec 2020
this takes place like 10 chapters after the 2nd of s1
Jul 2, 2023 11:08 AM
Dec 2019
A bit of a boring start because after the last 2 parts Sylphy is just a footnote. We can only go uphill from here. Turning point 3 through whatever are gonna be hype.
Jul 2, 2023 11:09 AM
Nov 2022
really good start to the season! a bit sad they weren't able to fit in the big fight in the forest when Ariel's party was escaping though :((
Jul 2, 2023 11:10 AM
May 2020
Synx7 said:
What I liked:
Cute interactions
Sylphy being a badass
Perverted talk

What I didn't like:
CGI crowds
Not that impressive fall of Sylphy from the sky (the blow on the boar was cool tho)
Lots of still frames and low quality animation, especially on the talking scenes
Ariel being too nice. On the LN she actually assaults Shylphy during the night, here she just says it's a joke. Cowards!

Ariel actually says the same thing in the LN. You might have read the WN, it's different in some parts.
Jul 2, 2023 11:15 AM
Jan 2021
what an amazing first episode, now we see sylphy and how far shes progressed, cant wait for next episode.
Jul 2, 2023 11:17 AM
Jun 2021
I BELIEVE IN ROXY SUPREMACY
Jul 2, 2023 11:28 AM
Jul 2016
Hell yeah, it's not a recap episode!!!!
Jul 2, 2023 11:31 AM

Aug 2022
I don't get why they made a whole new entry for episode 0, it's literally airing as part of season 2 in Japan, even if it technically precedes the events of season 2, it still shouldn't count as a separate entry. 

Anyways, great start. MT Sunday's are finally back! Quality seems a bit lower than last season, but since it serves as episode 0, it might be that the staff didn't put as much effort into this episode alone.
Jul 2, 2023 11:36 AM

Mar 2015
they kinda cut corners with the story here and there so idk, not a bad episode but less than I expected
Am I a good person? No. But do I try to be better every single day? Also no
Jul 2, 2023 11:41 AM

Apr 2015
- My first thought upon seeing the juxtaposition of Sylphiette and the noble girl was me hoping she'd get dive-bombed off the plateau.
- Admittedly a bit weird her hair would turn white just seconds before landing, but it'd be an even stranger interaction if they thought her a demon.
- Giving her those taggy glasses is a mistake. Don't @ me, guy.
- This Grape guy is exuding "I'm a bad guy" energy.
- Yuri bait with Sylphiette and Ariel. How kind of them.
- That Half-naked lady-assassin should really be doing the bare minimum to disguise her identity, like I dunno, a mask..
- And she was immediately identified. Hopefully that's the intent, or more likely it's just a horny character designer.

In summary, political shenanigans. Oh, and I guess we're back. Hallelujah?
Jul 2, 2023 11:43 AM

Mar 2015
MrTranAnh said:
So how did Sylphie’s hair turn white?
(not that I’m complaining because it looks good on her)
in the book she had to use a lot of mana to land, still fucked up and broke both her legs, healed herself up and then fought a monster (that was also teleported from fuck knows where). in the process she much overused her magic capacity and her hair turned white
Am I a good person? No. But do I try to be better every single day? Also no
Jul 2, 2023 11:44 AM

Dec 2022
animation quality drop is noticeable welp usually sequels have production quality drop anyway
Jul 2, 2023 11:44 AM

Nov 2019
Well, Ariel felt less gray than I think she should be portrayed as. 

I really hope no quality degradation is in place. This isekai is very lucky to have a dedicated team behind it, and we all want good adaptations of great LNs.
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
Jul 2, 2023 11:56 AM
Feb 2020
a little downgrade of quality, but not that bad as some replays here say. its still a very good quality
Jul 2, 2023 12:03 PM
Sep 2012
Any particular reason why Sylphie's hair turned white? Or was that just simply out of fear?
Jul 2, 2023 12:03 PM

Feb 2022
I'm a bit confused, maybe someone can clear me up. Is this episode the 1st of season 2 or episode 0 special?
Jul 2, 2023 12:07 PM

May 2015
Seitaro11 said:
Any particular reason why Sylphie's hair turned white? Or was that just simply out of fear?

Jul 2, 2023 12:08 PM

Dec 2019
GensoTV said:
I'm a bit confused, maybe someone can clear me up. Is this episode the 1st of season 2 or episode 0 special?

It's meant to be the start of season 2, labelled as Ep 0 since it focuses on some events that happened during season 1 that were skipped before. It aired on TV so this should be the first episode of the season, but it is also intentionally called Ep 0 since it doesn't directly continue off from where season 1 ended. Maybe a weird mix of both. This is still recommended to be watched though, and isn't some kind of recap or filler episode.
Jul 2, 2023 12:09 PM
Jun 2016
GensoTV said:

Episode 0 of season 2. Listed as a separate anime on MAL like they always do for an episode 0.
Jul 2, 2023 12:10 PM
Feb 2022
Was this episode 1 or was it just a special?
And why cant i mark season 2 as watching?
Jul 2, 2023 12:13 PM

Jul 2017
DrezoMezzoMix said:
Was this episode 1 or was it just a special?
And why cant i mark season 2 as watching?

The actual Season 2 entry can be marked as watching from next week when 'Episode 1' is released. This episode is treated more like a special/own entry here so that should be marked as completed for now if you saw it.
Jul 2, 2023 12:14 PM

Feb 2022
MangagnaM said:
GensoTV said:

It's meant to be the start of season 2, labelled as Ep 0 since it focuses on some events that happened during season 1 that were skipped before. It aired on TV so this should be the first episode of the season, but it is also intentionally called Ep 0 since it doesn't directly continue off from where season 1 ended. Maybe a weird mix of both. This is still recommended to be watched though, and isn't some kind of recap or filler episode.

Thanks for the advise. Where can I watch this? Just have the opportunity of Crunchyroll Germany, maybe more with VPN.
Jul 2, 2023 12:17 PM

Dec 2020
They showed Sylphie, Ariel, Luke and two other girls at the end of last ep in the previous season. However we couldn't recognise Sylphie as her hair as turned white gray. But with this ep they've cleared almost everything regarding that.

Nice starting for this season.
Jul 2, 2023 12:18 PM

Nov 2018
It's cool to see the return of the show so soon and to have a sort of side story before the show starts. I can agree with others though that the animation quality did drop a little bit but hopefully, it is just this episode and not the whole series. If anything it is not such a big loss but nonetheless, I have a lot of hope for this show this upcoming season.  
Jul 2, 2023 12:38 PM

Apr 2015
Okay, real talk, I don't remember much of anything of where this show left off from last season, and I only remember Sylphie being an early character, loving them, and wanting to see what became of them, so here it is now!
Jul 2, 2023 12:42 PM
Feb 2022
honestly it was a bit of a letdown because Rudy didn't appear but it is what it is, still pretty okay nevertheless
Jul 2, 2023 12:45 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Yay, it's back and boy am I happy that they continue adapting this LN. Storywise it's still easily one of the finest isekai despite it's content being a tad questionable at times. So happy with seeing one of my favourite characters Ariel being animated and voiced. They nailed her 100% as they did Luke.

For the bad, I'm unhappy that so little time was spent on Derek and what should have been Ariel's mourning of him. Oh and the animation was pretty mediocre compared to the S1. It does not bode well when the first episode looks like this.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jul 2, 2023 12:46 PM

Aug 2019
Was good to see Sylphie again but it's a no Roxy/5 ep

Jul 2, 2023 12:46 PM
Nov 2022
Giorgosman13 said:
So it's really happening huh I really can't hide my hype for this MT season. So we start off with a side story of sylphie after she just was teleported due to the mana incident. It was shocking how her hair turned suddenly white. And first thing she does is kill a monster which also teleported there. Of course we start the boy looking trope once again... I hope no one gets confused over it again ;). But yeah we get to see how she works under Ariel, a noble from the Asura kingdom with great ambitions, having the role of both a bodyguard and a secretary, in exchange for Ariel helping her find her family a fair trade if you ask me. However Ariel hides Sylphie's identity behind a mask, which I totally understand. I am really glad she managed to have such a life due to her magic skills after the displacement. I really liked how the Greyrat family continue not to disappoint when it has to do with women now in the form of Luke. We also get the turning point in Sylphie's life which was the "sexy night" they spent with Ariel as well as the assassination attempt she saved Ariel from. Due to all these attempts the squad fled the country . Studio bind continued with the amazing work they are doing with it and I am really glad they didn't rest assured after the great success the first season is. The effort they put in the series continues being the level we are used to from studio bind and I couldn't be happier.

this isn't much of a spoiler but I believe her hair turned white from using to much mana, I could be remembering incorrectly though, but I did read the ln.
Jul 2, 2023 1:11 PM
Jul 2018
It’s literally feels like OVA.
removed-userJul 2, 2023 1:15 PM
Jul 2, 2023 1:13 PM
Jul 2018
Honestly, I think this episode would have made a better OVA instead of the second season opener. The episode was average and nothing notable happened in it, I believe it to be a lame start to the second season.
Jul 2, 2023 1:32 PM

Sep 2020
I originally thought this is the first episode, it tells us what happened to some other characters after the incident, and I'm not sure if I missed something, but her hair color is changed from green to white.
Jul 2, 2023 1:46 PM

Jul 2011
I felt like the dead of Derek wasn't quite impactful, it was suppesed to be the key moment that changed Ariel's goals, previous to his dead she didn't really care about the throne but after his final words she gets the motivation to fight for it, but well, it was a lot of content to include in one episode so it was fine anyway, at least it delivered the message.

Apart from that, it was good to see what happened with Sylphie after the Displacement incident and how she got to meet with Ariel, can't wait for next week to see Rudeus again :D
Jul 2, 2023 1:52 PM
Nov 2018
Even though I expected the coming of the princess getting assassinated with the foreshadowing, I still enjoyed the episode. Can't wait for what future episodes have for us.
Jul 2, 2023 1:52 PM
Apr 2019
Fue genial comenzar a ver lo que pasó con Sylphiette
Jul 2, 2023 2:02 PM
Nov 2020
This was great I cant wait for episode 1
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Is it Canon?

TheSecondOne135 - Oct 28, 2023

18 by sagedevault »»
Nov 2, 2023 11:11 PM

» Why did her hair change colour?

Golden_Cheese - Jul 19, 2023

13 by Piromysl »»
Aug 21, 2023 3:55 PM

» Thoughts on EP 1 Or Ep 0

z_ach - Jul 2, 2023

35 by Dawizz »»
Jul 11, 2023 3:20 AM

» Censored scenes in global-released version

Rob7 - Jul 2, 2023

22 by Romangelo »»
Jul 7, 2023 9:38 AM

» How people think this good written OMG!! (Episode 0 spoilers)

Okeanix - Jul 3, 2023

43 by KayKimii »»
Jul 3, 2023 6:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.