Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Jul 2, 2023 10:56 PM
Mar 2023
Uff, we started this season strong, this episode seems to be a kind of prologue for what the following chapters or the plot in general will deal with, but anyway, having seen Sylphie right away I'm satisfied. See you next week c:
Jul 2, 2023 11:15 PM
Jun 2022
imanightmare said:
Great start to season 2 :)) 

what? this is season 2? I thought it was season 3? wdf is happening?
Jul 2, 2023 11:32 PM
Nov 2022
It's a good episode, (I guess).

I didn't expect the episode to focus entirely on Sylphy, but hey, at least we now have a little more information about her whereabouts, so I don't think it's bad either.

We have to see what awaits us next week xd
Jul 2, 2023 11:38 PM
Oct 2021
mr_simp2000 said:
imanightmare said:
Great start to season 2 :)) 

what? this is season 2? I thought it was season 3? wdf is happening?
Na, there was mushoku tensei part 1 and part 2, now this 3rd thing is season 2 :)
Jul 2, 2023 11:52 PM

Sep 2018
I don't what it is, but I've never liked the color density or saturation for Mushoku Tensei and this special is no different. Especially jarring, having not watched this show in a while. Nice now what she has been up to ever since though...
Jul 2, 2023 11:58 PM

Jul 2021
well seems like the woman at the university in the last scene of season 1 part 2 really was sylphie afterall. we got no explanation for her hairs turning grey but i think it's safe to say she went through the kaneki ken phenomenon as well, extreme stress causing her hairs to become grey. though she looks more womanly with grey hairs than in green, her feminine charm has increased.

this close relationship with the kingdom could be useful somewhere in the future i'm sure of it. when rudy and slyphie meet and stuff, all this relationships can come handy.

i'm not sure how old sylphie is when she set out on her journey with the princess. it would have been nice to know for some context so we can compare where rudy was at that time etc.

pretty great episode overall. the princess seems like a nice person but that bed scene got me stressed af, so glad it was just a joke, my heart wouldn't have been able to take it, neither my mental health.

8/10 overall. next week couldn't come faster. i really hope this is another 23 episodes.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Jul 3, 2023 12:17 AM
Jan 2018
I was a bit worried when I saw “Episode 0” as the title cuz usually that means a recap or mostly filler but glad it wasn’t the case this time. Mushoku Tensei is just too good, as an og web novel reader back in 2012, I can proudly say the anime has indeed lived up to the hype and original source!
Jul 3, 2023 12:33 AM
Nov 2018
I really loved season 1 but this was quite weak. Very worried about the university arc. Just plot wise it doesn’t do enough.
Jul 3, 2023 1:10 AM
May 2022
good intro to sylphy's story
Jul 3, 2023 1:14 AM
Apr 2023
sylpehheee my wifeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Jul 3, 2023 1:18 AM
Sep 2017
What a nice surprise gift to start the season. I did not expect to get a quick check-in to see what happened with Sylphie after the separation event. Excellent and heartwarming story, as ever. Friendship was her theme and struggle in the past, so I'm happy to see that she was able to make some good, caring friends.
Jul 3, 2023 1:36 AM

Oct 2008
SOLID episode! so this is where Sylphy had gone after that fateful event from S1...huh...looks like she's in good hands  (Ariel Anemoi Asura)
5/5.

Jul 3, 2023 1:43 AM
Jun 2021
katsucats said:
I forgot how this even ties to the end of season 1. Kind of annoyed that I have to rewatch something to figure out.

... It’s something from 10 months ago

Did you forget even what the mana calamity was?
///
Jul 3, 2023 1:49 AM
Jun 2021
Nayan_Sarkar said:
If you observe as (non-fan) viewer, you'd find some faults with this Ep 0.
The thing is Ep 0 was supposed to connect the previous season with a diverse storyline, which it did well. But, it didn't provide with much info to process with, you see a bunch of unknown charecters get introduced, & the main charecter get overlaped by the other charecter's presence. This is a very flaw in film direction If you know.
*(I'm a Fan watcher btw,)* & I liked the episode!

What do you even mean?
///
Jul 3, 2023 3:34 AM
Jan 2020
are we really sure the author doesn't have 10 tb of cp
Jul 3, 2023 3:57 AM

Mar 2023
I gave it a 8/10.  Thought it was a good episode overall, Nice to see what happened to Sylphi.  Makes me want to pick up and read the WN and LN to see what was left out!

Jul 3, 2023 4:29 AM

Jun 2019
It was pretty good for a special episode but I do have my concerns. I hope it's gonna be better going forward from the production perspective.
Jul 3, 2023 4:57 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Interesting to know more about Sylphie but that's al
Jul 3, 2023 5:37 AM
Jan 2021
i think it will be a good season, i liked the ep
Jul 3, 2023 6:09 AM

Nov 2016
was really hoping for it to start, but we got an OVAish (whatev its called)

i also didnt like the animations, some of the talking scenes were pretty off the mark. hopefully itll improve since its a pet peeve

and also hopefully they fast forward stuff as the school arc is boring IMHO, IIRC nothing interesting happens
anime/manga version of steam would be awesome - https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1625396
Jul 3, 2023 6:32 AM

Aug 2022
Let's fucking go! I'm so hyped for the second season!
Jul 3, 2023 9:19 AM
Oct 2019
billybub said:
Animillion said:
I didn’t think I could hate Onimai any more than I already did but somehow I despise it even more now. All I can say is thank you Onimai for taking away from this great series. Seriously, it’s obvious that they downgraded the animation, such as many times where they show the eyes turning and the use of cgi during the singing scene. I’m not sure if this is due to a more limited budget or less capable staff, but something isn’t right here. Mushoku Tensei S1 looked amazing and that was one of the things that made it special. Assuming S2 will be like the rest of this episode, Studio Bind has let me down…

Studio Bind didn't produce this episode.  It was outsourced
Thank god, hopefully episode 1 will be on par with the previous seasons
Jul 3, 2023 10:13 AM

Mar 2014
It's alright just for a start
Jul 3, 2023 10:20 AM
Nov 2018
Felt it was under produced
Jul 3, 2023 10:48 AM
Jun 2021
Haydorwaldor said:
Money-Maker-Mike said:
So basically the princess made Sylphie into her lesbian love slave,  stripped away her identity with boof ass clothing and the threat of death (tresspassing) 

Mite of been a little of a stretch but yah pretty much lmao 😭😭😭

was she just playing around, cuz she's the one who renamed Sylphie into Fitz(a guy), is she into her Butler or Sylphie, really wish she doesn't take this jesting too far lmao😂
Jul 3, 2023 11:01 AM
Nov 2020
I'll note I'm currently caught up with the English translation of the light novel and I won't spoil anything. but there was a change at the end of the episode that seemed mildly odd to me. I don't think it was a major issue leaving it out but I do feel it helped show Ariel's position in the kingdom and the threat they are facing.

when Ariel, Luke, and Fitz left asura they were leaving in a normal wagon and had here leaving through the main gates to the north which showed her interactions with the gates guards and people around that showed how much the people are fond of her. this was briefly discussed with Luke's father but I think that would have been good to show that too.

the second part they left out was this wagon getting attacked by assassins after leaving the country showing that the stakes are higher than fleeing after one assassination attempt. this scene also showed a cool magic spell or item that the nobles and royals of asura that made all of Ariel and her attendants look like her to confuse that assasins, this could also show off more of Fitz's power since I think the first assassination attempt wasn't enough and also show of how competent Luke is too.

that's what the episode I think missed that it should have covered, it didn't hurt things that much removing it but I think it would have made it a better episode too if they kept that all, especially since it was a special they could have gone a little long.
Jul 3, 2023 11:19 AM
Apr 2020
kingsley_017 said:
Haydorwaldor said:

Mite of been a little of a stretch but yah pretty much lmao 😭😭😭

was she just playing around, cuz she's the one who renamed Sylphie into Fitz(a guy), is she into her Butler or Sylphie, really wish she doesn't take this jesting too far lmao😂

I think she was just teasing I wouldn’t put to much thought into it it’s an ecchi anime to
Jul 3, 2023 11:37 AM
Jul 2022
Kockorzo said:
Nayan_Sarkar said:
If you observe as (non-fan) viewer, you'd find some faults with this Ep 0.
The thing is Ep 0 was supposed to connect the previous season with a diverse storyline, which it did well. But, it didn't provide with much info to process with, you see a bunch of unknown charecters get introduced, & the main charecter get overlaped by the other charecter's presence. This is a very flaw in film direction If you know.
*(I'm a Fan watcher btw,)* & I liked the episode!

What do you even mean?

I was just stating a critic view point, nothing much.
Jul 3, 2023 12:28 PM
Sep 2020
Kockorzo said:
katsucats said:
I forgot how this even ties to the end of season 1. Kind of annoyed that I have to rewatch something to figure out.

... It’s something from 10 months ago

Did you forget even what the mana calamity was?

the mana calamity was like 27 months ago
Jul 3, 2023 1:00 PM
Feb 2020
dabdabgoose said:
Synx7 said:
What I liked:
Cute interactions
Sylphy being a badass
Perverted talk

What I didn't like:
CGI crowds
Not that impressive fall of Sylphy from the sky (the blow on the boar was cool tho)
Lots of still frames and low quality animation, especially on the talking scenes
Ariel being too nice. On the LN she actually assaults Shylphy during the night, here she just says it's a joke. Cowards!

That was the Web Novel, in the LN they cut out alot of Ariels Sadist tendencies(which is lame), she says it's a joke in the LN in a pretty similar way.

when was all this in the WN?
Jul 3, 2023 1:02 PM

Jan 2021
striker101102 said:
dabdabgoose said:

That was the Web Novel, in the LN they cut out alot of Ariels Sadist tendencies(which is lame), she says it's a joke in the LN in a pretty similar way.

It's been awhile since I last read it but Volume 4 it would have been in.
Jul 3, 2023 1:08 PM

Nov 2013
i think this episode was pretty nice, why is people hating on it on the reviews? ...
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Jul 3, 2023 1:15 PM
Feb 2020
dabdabgoose said:
striker101102 said:

It's been awhile since I last read it but Volume 4 it would have been in.

By the power of ctrl f 'fitts' its apparently Vol 9 ch 2
Jul 3, 2023 2:47 PM

Sep 2014
Good "first" episode, I missed this show! Glad its back now and great to see Sylphie again, why is her hair silver though?

Just having stuff like this sets it apart from 99% of other anime, it has real depth and an actually interesting world.

Is my memory deceiving me or did we see this party shortly at the end of S1?
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jul 3, 2023 2:47 PM
Feb 2022
I hope there's more of Rudeus and the main story line later but it was good. I also don't know how I feel about the relationship between sylphie and Ariel when she always seemed to be into Rudeus.
Jul 3, 2023 7:17 PM
Dec 2016
it is a great adaptation of the LN. Great Job
Jul 3, 2023 7:34 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
The only familiar face we see in this episode is Sylphie, now teleported to another kingdom and going by the name of Fitz. She's the focus, and someone we haven't seen in a minute. But man, just being in this world again gets me so excited for season 2.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jul 4, 2023 12:46 AM
Nov 2019
It was pretty boring tbh
Jul 4, 2023 12:50 AM
Jan 2021
it was good I liked it cant wait for the season to start
Jul 4, 2023 1:06 AM
Mar 2023
dabdabgoose said:
Synx7 said:
What I liked:
Cute interactions
Sylphy being a badass
Perverted talk

What I didn't like:
CGI crowds
Not that impressive fall of Sylphy from the sky (the blow on the boar was cool tho)
Lots of still frames and low quality animation, especially on the talking scenes
Ariel being too nice. On the LN she actually assaults Shylphy during the night, here she just says it's a joke. Cowards!

yes, in the light novel also is a joke, but in the novel, Fitz is a mystery, they don't tell you right away that it's Sylphie, that seemed super wrong to me.
Jul 4, 2023 1:17 AM

Jan 2021
Angel1819 said:
dabdabgoose said:

yes, in the light novel also is a joke, but in the novel, Fitz is a mystery, they don't tell you right away that it's Sylphie, that seemed super wrong to me.
the Author probably thought it would be an interesting angle to play, but it was a bit too obvious to pull off especially considering when they went about it in the LN it gives pictures, so I can see why that idea was bailed.
Jul 4, 2023 1:19 AM

Jan 2021
BetaMaleUltra said:
The only familiar face we see in this episode is Sylphie, now teleported to another kingdom and going by the name of Fitz. She's the focus, and someone we haven't seen in a minute. But man, just being in this world again gets me so excited for season 2.
In episode 14 in season 1 these characters are shown at the end, though most are in the background.
Jul 4, 2023 1:43 AM

Mar 2015
This episdoe was awful. I rarely rate 1/10s but wow, literally was offensive to watch. Rudeus is certainly a necessity. I like this anime and Syphiette, but this ep was plain crap.
Jul 4, 2023 2:41 AM

Jul 2011
Modern sunglasses in pre-industrial might&magic world?

Sorry, but no

-_-
Jul 4, 2023 5:38 AM
Jul 2023
The animation quality did not disappoint. I enjoyed the side story but feels like they should have also done the death of Ariel side story which is like part 2 of Fitz storyline and how they get to Ranoa University of Magic.
Jul 4, 2023 6:13 AM

Nov 2018
Brilliant, Mushoku has yuri baiting now. Perfect franchise to unite all horny anime watchers together...
I hate everyone equally
Jul 4, 2023 6:51 AM
Oct 2019
PEAK FANTASY IS BACK BABY!!

Finally get to know about what happen with Sylphy.

oh my god the SAKUGA went hard!!
Jul 4, 2023 7:13 AM

Jan 2018
So this episode is numbered as episode 0. But it's still part of Season 2 and technically the first episode. Based on this, MAL created a completely separate entry for episode 0 and separated it from Season 2. Doesn't that mean Season 2 only has 23 episodes instead of 24? This shit's confusing AF.

Anyways, after Lilia and Aisha got transported underwater, I was wondering if anyone was transported to the sky. Turns out Sylphie was one of them. This also makes me wonder if anyone was transported underground... could it be Zenith?

I'll be honest. This episode was a bit boring. While I loved seeing Sylphie again (with her white hair and sunglasses no less, pretty cool if you ask me) I simply don't care about Ariel or the Asura kingdom. I wanna see what Rudeus is up to. And judging by the title it seems like the next episode will be about him.

Let's see where the series goes next.
Jul 4, 2023 7:20 AM

Dec 2012
It was decent 7/10

Jul 4, 2023 10:59 AM

May 2021
Alright episode. Tells us what's up with Sylphie, from around the time the teleportation incident occurred until the time she enters the academy. There's also a political battle going on but they did not reveal much about that or the parties involved in the conflict.

Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

» Is it Canon?

TheSecondOne135 - Oct 28, 2023

18 by sagedevault »»
Nov 2, 2023 11:11 PM

» Why did her hair change colour?

Golden_Cheese - Jul 19, 2023

13 by Piromysl »»
Aug 21, 2023 3:55 PM

» Thoughts on EP 1 Or Ep 0

z_ach - Jul 2, 2023

35 by Dawizz »»
Jul 11, 2023 3:20 AM

» Censored scenes in global-released version

Rob7 - Jul 2, 2023

22 by Romangelo »»
Jul 7, 2023 9:38 AM

» How people think this good written OMG!! (Episode 0 spoilers)

Okeanix - Jul 3, 2023

43 by KayKimii »»
Jul 3, 2023 6:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.