Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jul 2, 2023 2:07 PM

Dec 2020
I dont know if i am hallucinating but the ep 0 seemed uglier than any episode of the season 1, i really hope thats not the case for the res of the season.
Jul 2, 2023 2:17 PM
Jul 2022
wtf was up with the pv, I was scared for a sec
Jul 2, 2023 2:33 PM
May 2020
really takes into account how everyone was affected by this strange happenening, even Sylphiette
Jul 2, 2023 2:42 PM

May 2015
Great episode except the global release was censored. Looks like I'll be watching this season fan subbed or raw.
Jul 2, 2023 2:46 PM

Jan 2020
I didn’t think I could hate Onimai any more than I already did but somehow I despise it even more now. All I can say is thank you Onimai for taking away from this great series. Seriously, it’s obvious that they downgraded the animation, such as many times where they show the eyes turning and the use of cgi during the singing scene. I’m not sure if this is due to a more limited budget or less capable staff, but something isn’t right here. Mushoku Tensei S1 looked amazing and that was one of the things that made it special. Assuming S2 will be like the rest of this episode, Studio Bind has let me down…
Jul 2, 2023 2:52 PM
Mar 2022
FINALLY ITS HERE!!!!!!!!!
Jul 2, 2023 3:00 PM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
Damn dude great episode. If it wasn't a single episode I'd probably score it higher. 8/10 for me

I wonder why Slyphie's hair colour changed lol. Maybe an effect of the mana in the air idk
So I guess they go overseas and Slyphie starts studying at that magic school?? Then Rudeus will eventually go there? How cool. I'm keen for this season!
Jul 2, 2023 3:02 PM
Oct 2009
This anime season is full of thighs: Ryza and now this.
Jul 2, 2023 3:12 PM

May 2022
Pretty nice this episode focused on Sylphie
Jul 2, 2023 3:13 PM

May 2015
Animillion said:
I didn’t think I could hate Onimai any more than I already did but somehow I despise it even more now. All I can say is thank you Onimai for taking away from this great series. Seriously, it’s obvious that they downgraded the animation, such as many times where they show the eyes turning and the use of cgi during the singing scene. I’m not sure if this is due to a more limited budget or less capable staff, but something isn’t right here. Mushoku Tensei S1 looked amazing and that was one of the things that made it special. Assuming S2 will be like the rest of this episode, Studio Bind has let me down…

Studio Bind didn't produce this episode. It was outsourced
Jul 2, 2023 3:13 PM
May 2017
Very good episode!

Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Jul 2, 2023 3:14 PM

Jan 2020
billybub said:
Animillion said:

Studio Bind didn't produce this episode. It was outsourced

Thank you very much for telling me that. This gives me hope
Jul 2, 2023 3:20 PM
Aug 2020
A great way to start the new season
Jul 2, 2023 3:25 PM
Dec 2022
Episode was a bit clunky but still had some cool sakuga. The episode was outsourced. Hopefully the main show will be smoother.
Jul 2, 2023 3:30 PM

Jan 2017
Damn they really skipped a lot of important things in this, I really hope that doesn't carry onto rest of season 2.

Jul 2, 2023 3:53 PM
Nov 2019
I fucking missed Mushoku Tensei
Jul 2, 2023 4:18 PM

Dec 2015
OMG YES!! We finally find out what happened to Sylphie! I had so many questions when we last saw her and she had white hair all of a sudden :O Unfortunately we didn't really get an explanation as to why her hair suddenly turned white (maybe due to stress? Idk), but at least we got to see her with green hair one last time before season 2 kicks off properly with the next episode!

That aside tho, I'm really conflicted how to feel about Ariel. I mean you don't just dump all those tragic informations on a little girl, then immediately force her to give up her identity. At first I didn't mind it too much, because Ariel made it sound like she was triying to protect Sylphie from being punished for trespassing and she did promised her to help find her friends and family.

But then it turns out the whole punishment thing was actually meant as a threat in order to make Sylphie to serve Ariel and even worse Ariel knew that she wouldn't be able to uphold her promise... so really she was just using Sylphie.

I have a hard time believing that Sylphie stayed by Ariel's side in the end out of her own free will. Feels more like the result of Stockholm Syndrome to me...

I just hope Rudeus and Sylphie reunite soon :(
Jul 2, 2023 4:19 PM
Jun 2016
So basically the princess made Sylphie into her lesbian love slave,  stripped away her identity with boof ass clothing and the threat of death (tresspassing) 
Jul 2, 2023 4:23 PM
Jul 2, 2023 4:34 PM
Jun 2016
So basically the princess made Sylphie into her lesbian love slave,  stripped away her identity with boof ass clothing and the threat of death (tresspassing) 
Jul 2, 2023 4:37 PM
Jul 2022
Great pre-season episode; Provides some background on what happens to Sylphy after the teleportation disaster. Can't wait for the rest of the season, although it's going to be a bit of a depressing arc for us.
Jul 2, 2023 4:53 PM
Oct 2021
good start to the season :))
Jul 2, 2023 5:02 PM

Mar 2020
Mushoku Tensei is back, and it was nice seeing a side story of Sylphie to get some more context on her character after the first turning point in Season 1. It was definitely intriguing seeing her as Princess Ariel's bodyguard, and Sylphie's entire lifestyle changed, in the way she acted, and her name as well, being the Silent Fitz. There were some questionable moments in there with Ariel and Sylphie's dynamic, but seeing as this isekai is known for some weird things, not really surprised. Visually, it still looked very decent, though it lacked a bit of the polish that Season 1 had, so hopefully as we get back to the main story in the next episode, it'll get more exciting and beautiful. Definitely excited for what's to come.
Jul 2, 2023 5:05 PM
Dec 2021
great anime. hope there is some hot fanservice this season
Jul 2, 2023 5:47 PM

Aug 2010
dabdabgoose said:
Synx7 said:
What I liked:
Cute interactions
Sylphy being a badass
Perverted talk

What I didn't like:
CGI crowds
Not that impressive fall of Sylphy from the sky (the blow on the boar was cool tho)
Lots of still frames and low quality animation, especially on the talking scenes
Ariel being too nice. On the LN she actually assaults Shylphy during the night, here she just says it's a joke. Cowards!

That was the Web Novel, in the LN they cut out alot of Ariels Sadist tendencies(which is lame), she says it's a joke in the LN in a pretty similar way.

I see! I'm glad I read the WN then, I enjoy more gray characters, they feel more human.
Jul 2, 2023 6:10 PM
May 2022
Peak is back and better than ever. As someone who hasn’t read the source material (yet) it was great to see Sylphie after so long. The animation was great and I’m really looking forward to the story going forward and our boy Rudeus meeting Sylphie again.
Jul 2, 2023 6:10 PM
Apr 2020
Money-Maker-Mike said:

Mite of been a little of a stretch but yah pretty much lmao 😭😭😭
Jul 2, 2023 6:13 PM
Aug 2022
Man!! I'm definitely going to watch the uncensored version.
Jul 2, 2023 6:22 PM
Jun 2019
I know it was only to show what happened to sylphy but the episode wasn't that good. The animation is compared to the previous season worse and the storytelling felt really off. It felt somehow "disconnected" and "cramped".

Additionally a fucking mob shows out of nowhere to assault the princess and sylphy happens to land exactly on the right moment in the right place. I can accept that she happens to fall exactly perfect because this is still an anime and somehow a story needs to be told. Nonetheless it felt crude.
Yes, maybe the monster was put there by somebody to do the princess harm but the episode doesn't address that at all.

Overall the episode is okay. I really hope this isn't a bad omen for s2 like RebelPanda said in his review. Hopefully the money they saved for this episode was channeled into the second season.
Jul 2, 2023 6:31 PM
Jun 2019
billybub said:
Animillion said:

Studio Bind didn't produce this episode.  It was outsourced
I didn't know a studio that animates could outsource something to animate. So the animation quality of this episode doesn't mean anything when it comes to season 2, right?
Jul 2, 2023 6:33 PM
Jun 2019
Animillion said:
billybub said:

Studio Bind didn't produce this episode.  It was outsourced

Let's just wait for a few hours and then we'll have our answer. I choose to believe in studio bind.
Jul 2, 2023 6:33 PM

Apr 2022
good to see sylphy again, this episode was just ehh fine, kinda boring. just a prologue so it's okay, i'm sure the rest of the season will be better.

already got almost got some yuri action in the prologue lmao. sylphy's glasses were cold af with her drip tho.
Jul 2, 2023 6:37 PM
May 2021
While it would have been nice to get a large OVA of what happened to Sylphiette during the teleportation disaster this glance at the past is enough to whet the appetite for the coming season.
I think the reason why people may be disappointed in this episode is likely because Sylphiette is a nice character, a cool breeze that contrasts with the raging fire that is Eris.
Jul 2, 2023 6:58 PM
Jan 2022
Ok. Hopefully it's still good
Jul 2, 2023 7:16 PM

Jan 2020
JuanlikesAnime said:
Animillion said:

Let's just wait for a few hours and then we'll have our answer. I choose to believe in studio bind.

I hope you’re right. S1 (pt 2 especially) was top tier thanks to Bind
Jul 2, 2023 7:34 PM
Aug 2020
it looks so goofy I thought it was a fan animation, I can hardly finish the episode with that quality.
Jul 2, 2023 7:45 PM
Oct 2022
Charisma88 said:
reignyoma said:
Give me anything with great writting, story, characters and world building and im game.

But did the animation (in comparison to the first season) take a nose dive or its just me?
this is just an isekai trash wish fulfilment with a loser MC for Otaku to self insert themselves in the MC place and imagining themselves having Lolis Harem
It have nothing to do with writing and realism
LMAO everyone look at this loser bastard going around criticizing all the popular shows like Bocchi the Rock!, Code Geass, Gintama, Vinland Saga, Steins;Gate,... just to worship AOT LOL
Jul 2, 2023 7:52 PM
Mar 2015
Fitz flies to the rescue
Jul 2, 2023 8:58 PM

Dec 2016
Aside from the animation looking a bit weird and things getting cut out.
I thought this episode was decent. 
Jul 2, 2023 9:16 PM
Jul 2022
FYI the Uncensored version is physically out with Blu-rays... & most probably won't release on stream soon.
You have Three options
*ether watch a censored version now, & rewatch it when Uncensored gets a stream release
*wait until it releases (which is uncertain)
*fly over to Japan & buy 26 Blu-rays
Good luck with that!
Jul 2, 2023 9:18 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
It feels good to be back in the world of Mushoku Tensei, Season 2 is here baby! Well, almost lol, this is episode 0 and after finishing the episode I get why it’s called that. It was nice getting to see where Sylphie ended up at after all that crazy shit went down in Season 1, I was confused as to why her hair turned white but I did get explanations on that from Crunchyroll comments and it was close to what I was thinking, but I won’t say what the reasons were exactly in case they’re spoilers lol. And she also has the cool shades now which I’m a fan of design wise, but they also kinda stand out in a fantasy setting imo, still cool tho.

But it was a nice prologue episode, I wasn’t really the biggest fan of it since I didn’t find the Ariel stuff all that interesting but I did enjoy it, it definitely maintained the quality we’re used to from the first season and that’s great to see. And lastly, I didn’t notice at first but they opened this episode with a discussion about nipples, never change Mushoku Tensei lol, now we wait for the actual season to start, i have no doubt it’ll be a good time.
TheColonel76Jul 2, 2023 9:33 PM
Jul 2, 2023 9:23 PM

Jan 2021
ShiinaMashiroSan said:
They took a huge gamble on this one, its was not in the LN (some scenes are but most of it is not in it). Dialogues are suffering from it. Animation is not as good as it is supposed to be (wtf was that fall in the fountain luke ? at 2:55. At 15:10 wtf is he doing with is hand ????). Moreover, why are they quitting Asura kingdom by foot? didnt they leave with horses and got attacked by assassins ?
It could be after the attack and I'm pretty sure they walked the way from there, considering it's snowing they would be close to Sharia(though it's missing some retainers).
Jul 2, 2023 9:24 PM
Jul 2022
If you observe as (non-fan) viewer, you'd find some faults with this Ep 0.
The thing is Ep 0 was supposed to connect the previous season with a diverse storyline, which it did well. But, it didn't provide with much info to process with, you see a bunch of unknown charecters get introduced, & the main charecter get overlaped by the other charecter's presence. This is a very flaw in film direction If you know.
*(I'm a Fan watcher btw,)* & I liked the episode!
Jul 2, 2023 9:39 PM

Mar 2013
Great episode! I get to see a glimpse of Sylphie's hardships in a foreign land and I also get to see the princess in action.
Her own brother is quite an evil man trying to kill her, I guess I want to see their conclusion to the end.
I'm looking forward to that normal-paced-no-skipped-scenes adapted.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Jul 2, 2023 9:58 PM
Nov 2020
firstly, watch this season on yt plz, no need to sail the seas lol, will help muse Asia (who I think purchased the rights to this show)
The first/zeroth episode reminded me how fucking immersive a fantasy world can be....
sylphy who we've always seen as a timid elf is growing into a strong elegant lady ಥ_ಥ..
I've also been teased about what's coming next
some called it the emo rudeus arc while some called it the why are we still here, just to suffer arc (LOL)....
these names make me even more excited

these are the kinda shows that i am ready to spend years waiting....
ty studio Bind
Jul 2, 2023 10:00 PM

Oct 2012
I forgot how this even ties to the end of season 1. Kind of annoyed that I have to rewatch something to figure out.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Jul 2, 2023 10:00 PM
Oct 2022
Ahh the amazing audio and animation is back! I'm completely in love with how this anime was made, especially the voice acting. Seeing Sylphiette after so long was nice too :)
Jul 2, 2023 10:17 PM

Jan 2022
ahh how refreshing a good isekai story and why do all the endings sound so amazing!!!
Jul 2, 2023 10:34 PM
Jan 2018
Keep seeing posts on other discussion threads claim that this episode was outsourced and was done much later.
Jul 2, 2023 10:37 PM
Dec 2015
Nayan_Sarkar said:
FYI  the Uncensored version is physically out with Blu-rays... & most probably won't release on stream soon.
  You have Three options
      *ether watch a censored version now, & rewatch it when Uncensored gets a stream release
      *wait until it releases (which is uncertain)
      *fly over to Japan & buy 26 Blu-rays
Good luck with that!
what is even  censored in this anime its not like  they will show oppai   so what is the point
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Is it Canon?

TheSecondOne135 - Oct 28, 2023

18 by sagedevault »»
Nov 2, 2023 11:11 PM

» Why did her hair change colour?

Golden_Cheese - Jul 19, 2023

13 by Piromysl »»
Aug 21, 2023 3:55 PM

» Thoughts on EP 1 Or Ep 0

z_ach - Jul 2, 2023

35 by Dawizz »»
Jul 11, 2023 3:20 AM

» Censored scenes in global-released version

Rob7 - Jul 2, 2023

22 by Romangelo »»
Jul 7, 2023 9:38 AM

» How people think this good written OMG!! (Episode 0 spoilers)

Okeanix - Jul 3, 2023

43 by KayKimii »»
Jul 3, 2023 6:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.