Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 2, 2023 8:23 AM

Dec 2020
So it's really happening huh I really can't hide my hype for this MT season. So we start off with a side story of sylphie after she just was teleported due to the mana incident. It was shocking how her hair turned suddenly white. And first thing she does is kill a monster which also teleported there. Of course we start the boy looking trope once again... I hope no one gets confused over it again ;). But yeah we get to see how she works under Ariel, a noble from the Asura kingdom with great ambitions, having the role of both a bodyguard and a secretary, in exchange for Ariel helping her find her family a fair trade if you ask me. However Ariel hides Sylphie's identity behind a mask, which I totally understand. I am really glad she managed to have such a life due to her magic skills after the displacement. I really liked how the Greyrat family continue not to disappoint when it has to do with women now in the form of Luke. We also get the turning point in Sylphie's life which was the "sexy night" they spent with Ariel as well as the assassination attempt she saved Ariel from. Due to all these attempts the squad fled the country . Studio bind continued with the amazing work they are doing with it and I am really glad they didn't rest assured after the great success the first season is. The effort they put in the series continues being the level we are used to from studio bind and I couldn't be happier.
LeknaatJul 2, 2023 9:41 AM
Jul 2, 2023 8:29 AM

May 2020
I remember watching this back when it was airing
It is my favourite anime of all time
This was an amazing first episode
Sylphy is amazing can't wait to see more of her in this season

Jul 2, 2023 8:29 AM

Nov 2011
To the surprise of no one, this prequel didn't feature much of Rudeus but events at the Asura Kingdom. Characters like Ariel and Sylphiette/Fitts make appearances.

It seems this episode prequel also shows the relationship between Ariel and Fitts during this time, which I think is really sweet. I think this episode is to give a glimpse of the background of the characters and importance of the setting. 
Jul 2, 2023 8:30 AM

May 2020
Oh the antique isekai or whatever adjectives this is known for, is back. And is as overhyped as ever, sadly. Though there’s plenty of time to go through those things, so let’s keep that thing aside and first focus on our tutorial of how to nail a perfect hair colour transformation right, shall we?  

Started with Sylphy getting teleported to a totally lavish place.. it’s a palace I mean of Asura Kingdom. Guess it’s the same as that calamity or sorts we saw last season where people randomly got teleported, though hey atleast give the girl some time, right? She literally has to nuke a totally-not-normal creature the moment she arrived, and that changed her hair colour to white as well. So I mean not a good start by any means lol, also kind of amnesia too I guess. 

Though that’s what led to her leading a totally different life as well as the guardian mage of the princess of the kingdom, Ariel, with a different name too, Fitz or Fritz(?)... though name matters not, I mean yes there are still people in this series… middle-aged one at that who still takes FUN IN THEIR ATTEMPTS OF MAKING OUT WITH SMALLER GIRLS. Such a familiar feeling.

Though politics and all we know, an evil brother will try to do whatever he could to not let his sister/sibling succeed the throne. Same old fashioned story followed here, as mister with such an annoying voice deployed underboob-chan to assassinate Ariel. Needless to say it failed, as Sylphy yes. 

Anyways happy ending for her in the end, so okay. Though she should stop wearing those out-of-fashion goggles btw lol. Leftover stuff it was, and it felt that way. Maybe dude will return next episode.
Jul 2, 2023 8:30 AM

Jul 2017
Mushoku Tensei is back after 1.5 years with Season 2! Episode 0 continues with the adaptation of the LN, a flashback to Volume 4's extra content about Sylphie becoming Guardian Fitz.

The 2nd princess of the Asura Kingdom on her way to procession, Ariel Anemoi Asura rather wants the quiet life as opposed to the royalty she's bestowed with. And with Sylphie's arrival since being teleported from Turning Point 1's calamity of Fittoa Village, she descends into the Asura Kingdom, defeating a monster in the process that she accidentally released nearby, expending all of her mana to being a white-haired girl. And knowing that she has no family nor friends to look for while illegally trespassing through the Asura Kingdom, Ariel helps to change her entire lifestyle, including her name as the "Silent Fitz" and her looks into one of her guardians. And of course, there is no shortage of the amount of criticism that Ariel faces, besides Sylphie being quiet and not uttering a word in the presence of the nobles, with her singing being able to alleviate for Sylphie's mishap.

The road to royalty of a sibling fight between Ariel and her brother Grabel, and politics like these tend to get ugly, as is the case here with Pilemon warning the 2nd princess, more than Sylphie reliving her worst nightmares. Ariel wanting to sleep together with Fitz, besides her lesbian-like intentions, it's all a charade to get her to rest easy and acknowledge her as a friend. But in the middle of the night, Darius, through Grabel, orders the famed assassin of the Night-Eyed Hawk (looks a lot like Kishirika Kishirisu in terms of type) to assassinate Ariel, and Sylphie defends with all her might with her wind magic. And even with that, Ariel wanting to release Sylphie of her duty as her mage guardian, but she chooses to follow her on her own free will.

A good start to back to masterpiece territory!
KANLen09Jul 2, 2023 3:07 PM
Jul 2, 2023 8:31 AM

Jul 2021
Sylphiette's relationship with Lady Ariel is something for sure. On the surface, they are master and servant. However, their relationship is also deeply personal, as they have both experienced trauma and loss in their lives. This shared understanding of pain and loss has created a deep bond between them, and they are able to understand each other on a level that few others can. 
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Jul 2, 2023 8:31 AM
May 2021
not much , but good clearing what happened to sylphy
Jul 2, 2023 8:34 AM

Oct 2017
Really happy to have Mushoku Tensei back. Time sure flew fast. Good to see Fitz aka Sylphy side story animated. Really excited to see upcoming content animated.
Jul 2, 2023 8:38 AM

Dec 2020
So we got to see what happened to Sylphie after the Mana Calamity. Now, she is disguised as Fitz and working for Princess Ariel. According to the end of Season 1, it looks like they are going to contact Rudeus. 

troilus_05sJul 2, 2023 9:02 AM

May 2017
I was scared because of some of the staff changed, but this episode was awesome! You can see animation budget is more limited, but still fight scenes was hype, some frames were wallpaper material.
Kazuma Desu

Oct 2010
as expected from mushoku
need sylphy now!
Jul 2, 2023 8:40 AM

Feb 2020
Peak Isekai is back in town baby, can't wait for this erectile dysfunction arc!!!!

But nah fr I'm hyped af for more mushoku Tensei!!! Been waiting for so god damn long for this 😭
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 2, 2023 8:42 AM
Aug 2020
So how did Sylphie’s hair turn white?
(not that I’m complaining because it looks good on her)
Jul 2, 2023 8:48 AM

Jul 2017
MrTranAnh said:

Severe mana exhaustion.
Jul 2, 2023 8:49 AM
Aug 2020
animejas said:
MrTranAnh said:

Severe mana exhaustion.

Thanks. That makes sense
Jul 2, 2023 8:52 AM
Sep 2021
Nice environment and this episode follows sylphy aka fitz and her journey after the mana incident and how she became friend of ariel
Jul 2, 2023 9:09 AM

Jul 2011
Rest in peace half naked loli assassin

🇦‌🇳‌🇮‌🇲‌🇪‌ 🇱‌🇮‌🇸‌🇹‌
🇵‌🇷‌🇴‌🇫‌🇮‌🇱‌🇪‌
🇲‌🇺‌🇸‌🇮‌🇨‌

Jul 2, 2023 9:09 AM

Aug 2010
What I liked:
Cute interactions
Sylphy being a badass
Perverted talk

What I didn't like:
CGI crowds
Not that impressive fall of Sylphy from the sky (the blow on the boar was cool tho)
Lots of still frames and low quality animation, especially on the talking scenes
Ariel being too nice. On the LN she actually assaults Shylphy during the night, here she just says it's a joke. Cowards!
Jul 2, 2023 9:10 AM

Feb 2021
That was a great episode, having an episode 0 just to introduce the side characters is really nice. 
Jul 2, 2023 9:11 AM

Nov 2019
I see, so we are getting a prologue of a sort, in a form of a side story to get Sylphie's PoV after the incident.

Also is it really Episode 1? Crunchy has it listed as Episode 0 of S1
NabaatJul 2, 2023 9:18 AM

May 2021
excellent, recommend watching this movie

Apr 2020
The camera microshakes tho
Jul 2, 2023 9:12 AM

Oct 2014
Good first episode, glad to get some more Mushoku Tensei, not a amazing episode or anything, but pretty good.
Jul 2, 2023 9:13 AM
May 2021
It was an ok start, rudeus in next episode lol
Jul 2, 2023 9:26 AM

Jan 2021
From a timeline perspective this episode covers Sylphies events from episodes 11 to 20 in the last season(around 2 years), the part at the end where she is travelling in the snowy Northern Region to Ranoa is about 2 years earlier then when you see her in the last scene of Season 1.
Jul 2, 2023 9:27 AM
Dec 2020
Okay, I'm still hyped to see the world and the people who inhabit it animated. I love this story. However, this first episode didn't do justice to the depth of Sylphy's story. For example, at the end of Season 1, in the after-credit scene, there were five people in a room, but now only three were leaving for the university. While I didn't expect them to show the full route to Roa and the struggles the group goes through, I would have liked more detail leading up to that point.
Jul 2, 2023 9:29 AM

Dec 2020
So it was focusing on Fritts aka sylphie who comes down from the sky and kill the monster and safe the princess Ariel and now she has the hope that her family and friends are alive.
So this is not focusing on Rudeus.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Jul 2, 2023 9:32 AM

Jan 2021
Synx7 said:
What I liked:
Cute interactions
Sylphy being a badass
Perverted talk

What I didn't like:
CGI crowds
Not that impressive fall of Sylphy from the sky (the blow on the boar was cool tho)
Lots of still frames and low quality animation, especially on the talking scenes
Ariel being too nice. On the LN she actually assaults Shylphy during the night, here she just says it's a joke. Cowards!

That was the Web Novel, in the LN they cut out alot of Ariels Sadist tendencies(which is lame), she says it's a joke in the LN in a pretty similar way.
Jul 2, 2023 9:33 AM
Aug 2020
I was realy good i hope other ones to be that good too !
Jul 2, 2023 9:34 AM
May 2023
it was good but they didn't show rudeus at all
Jul 2, 2023 9:34 AM
Jun 2022
I hope I am not the only one who thinks this episode looked hideous.

I hope this is just for episode zero and rest will look as good as S1.
Jul 2, 2023 9:35 AM

Jan 2021
Ryuu71 said:
So it was focusing on Fritts aka sylphie who comes down from the sky and kill the monster and safe the princess Ariel and now she has the hope that her family and friends are alive.
So this is not focusing on Rudeus.
required Context needed for later in the season, in the LN they show it around the time Rudeus is in the demon continent, but they waited till now to show it.
Jul 2, 2023 9:39 AM

Feb 2021
I wonder how will MAL listing work with this... Is it possible to change this into an episode 0 discussion? But then everyone will have to re-update their lists or something?

Really good to see Sylphy again! I've missed her ever since Rudeus left his home in season 1.
I heard that they skipped a lot of things from the LN (this was adapted from Volume 4 extra content) but this was still good.
Sooo excited to see Sylphy and Rudeus reunite! They probably won't recognize each other at first though‎
EmbientJul 2, 2023 9:42 AM
Jul 2, 2023 9:41 AM
Mar 2021
great episode. btw what manga chapter was this?
Jul 2, 2023 9:41 AM
Apr 2022
Banger first episode. Animation looked great as always despite a slight downgrade, it’s still one of the best looking shows of the season. Looking forward to seeing more from the greatest isekai of all time
Jul 2, 2023 9:44 AM
Dec 2021
its episode 0 to be precise
Jul 2, 2023 9:45 AM

Jul 2017
A good episode overall and I'm glad that this series is back. Visually, could have been better in parts but I heard this episode was made pretty late so it's understandable. The content and the music more than makes up for some of the inconsistencies the visuals had here. The crowds were not bad but definitely looked a little stiff in places and season 1 definitely handled that part better when seeing some of the party scenes from the first cour, to the scenes at the Demon Continent. It was really good to see Fitz and Ariel here and learn about what happened before they went to the Academy as shown from the ending of season 1. Next week should focus on Volume 7 and beyond and follow Rudeus' journey again, hence next week being labelled as the first episode. Ariel's singing was nice too in this episode, and good to learn more about the political situation of what was happening in Asura at the time. Felt like the whole ordeal was a mess with potential uprisings, executions (Sauros from the first season) and much more.

Looking forward to more next week, hope that this episode and onwards looks a bit more refined since besides that, there's a lot to be excited about for me with this season. Glad to have this back after nearly 2 years. Overall, a very solid and enjoyable premiere that flew by well, but could have presented better. The glimpse of action overall though was nice here, although there is more to come in the upcoming episodes that should look even better.
Jul 2, 2023 9:46 AM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
This episode thread has been cleaned and moved to the correct MAL entry.

Jan 2009
animation quality drop is noticeable welp usually sequels have production quality drop anyway

nice to see what happened to Sylphie
Jun 2023
I haven’t watched it but I’m sure it’s going to be good
Jul 2, 2023 9:50 AM

Apr 2022
Sylph SMASH

so yeah, I rate this beginning of a new season pretty good/10. It's about as big of a dip in quality as I expected.
Jul 2, 2023 9:51 AM
作画

Nov 2019
terrible. this is all there is to it.
Jul 2, 2023 9:51 AM
Mar 2023
honestly I loved it. it's nice to see how slyphy became Fitz. I read the LN and are on LN 20 atm. so im pretty far. but it's seeing the backstory of it all is always such a delight.
Jul 2, 2023 9:56 AM

Dec 2019
Great episode and happy as hell to have this back! Loved Ariel in the ep and how she and Luke bonded with Fitz/Sylphie throughout. The assassin scene was nice too at the end there.
Jul 2, 2023 9:56 AM
Oct 2016
Beginning things off with a prologue which provided important context for what will come later this season. We get to see what became of Sylphie after the mana disaster in season one. Something that Rudy was worried about after he found it, what happened to Sylphie hadn't been answered until the tease at the very end of season one. Now we get much more context about how Sylphie came to look how she does. Literally falling from the sky after being teleported during the mana disaster. Transported to the nearby capital of the kingdom they live in, the Asura Kingdom. Saving the life of the Princess Ariel of the Asura Kingdom and earning a place at her side. For better or worse given a place to stay while Sylphie is recovering from losing her home and family. Dealing with all the tumultuous politics of the kingdom's succession. Princess Ariel and her older brother fighting over whom has legitimacy to the thrown, things are getting dicey with assassins being sent in the night. Ariel is lucky again that Sylphie saved her life. Fleeing is the best course right now so that Ariel is safe, Sylphie staying at her side was a great moment. A nice prelude to warm us up for this new season of Mushoku Tensei
Jul 2, 2023 10:03 AM

Mar 2016
So, do I erase manually episode 1 from watched episodes?
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Jul 2, 2023 10:06 AM
Jan 2019
Great Start for the second season. But the quality drop is noticeable. Everything else is great tho.
Jul 2, 2023 10:07 AM

Feb 2014
So it was made into a separated entry after all.
Jul 2, 2023 10:13 AM

Nov 2021
Mushoku Tensei is back baby!
Jul 2, 2023 10:14 AM
Apr 2022
Mods this is the stupidest shit ever. It’s fucking episode 1. Put it back to normal
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Is it Canon?

TheSecondOne135 - Oct 28, 2023

18 by sagedevault »»
Nov 2, 2023 11:11 PM

» Why did her hair change colour?

Golden_Cheese - Jul 19, 2023

13 by Piromysl »»
Aug 21, 2023 3:55 PM

» Thoughts on EP 1 Or Ep 0

z_ach - Jul 2, 2023

35 by Dawizz »»
Jul 11, 2023 3:20 AM

» Censored scenes in global-released version

Rob7 - Jul 2, 2023

22 by Romangelo »»
Jul 7, 2023 9:38 AM

» How people think this good written OMG!! (Episode 0 spoilers)

Okeanix - Jul 3, 2023

43 by KayKimii »»
Jul 3, 2023 6:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.