Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 22, 2023 10:02 AM
May 2021
I was checking the character list of this anime, and I noticed that all the main characters, such as Ishigami, Kaguya, and even Fujiwara, have many fan favorites. However, why doesn't Miyuki have as many fans?
Jun 22, 2023 10:08 AM

Jul 2015
He is fine by himself, but totally pales in comparison to best girl Ishigami.

Jun 22, 2023 10:10 AM
Jan 2023
Here I'm miyuki's fan โœŒ
Jun 22, 2023 10:21 AM

Mar 2021
kumarayush2104 said:
I was checking the character list of this anime, and I noticed that all the main characters, such as Ishigami, Kaguya, and even Fujiwara, have many fan favorites. However, why doesn't Miyuki have as many fans?
Well, I'm a Miyuki fan. I've always liked him more than any other character in Love is War, and I consider him the best MC I've seen in any romance anime to date. His motivation of improving oneself to be on equal footing with the person he loves before starting a relationship is incredibly respectable, surpassing the motives of any other romance MC I've come across in anime.

Btw, there's no doubt that Ishigami has a larger fan base, since people tend to gravitate towards relatable characters, and he strikes a chord with many men in this community, to be quite frank. ๐Ÿ˜…

๐“œ๐“ช๐”‚๐“ซ๐“ฎ ๐”€๐“ฎ ๐“ฝ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ฎ๐“ญ ๐“ฝ๐“ธ ๐“ต๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ฟ๐“ฎ ๐“ช๐“ผ ๐“ถ๐“พ๐“ฌ๐“ฑ ๐“ถ๐“ฎ๐“ถ๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ฎ๐“ผ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป๐“ผ๐“ฎ๐“ต๐“ฟ๐“ฎ๐“ผ ๐”€๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ ๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ฌ๐“ฑ ๐“ธ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ๐“ป ๐“ซ๐“ฎ๐“ฌ๐“ช๐“พ๐“ผ๐“ฎ ๐”€๐“ฎ ๐“ด๐“ท๐“ฎ๐”€ ๐“ธ๐“ท๐“ฎ ๐“ญ๐“ช๐”‚ ๐”€๐“ฎ ๐”€๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ต๐“ญ๐“ท'๐“ฝ ๐“ซ๐“ฎ ๐“ฝ๐“ธ๐“ฐ๐“ฎ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ๐“ป ๐“ช๐“ท๐”‚ ๐“ถ๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ฎ
Jun 22, 2023 10:21 AM
Feb 2023
I've always been waiting for this question..
okay I'll answer it, so here goes..

Biography

RomCom Lovers!
Jun 22, 2023 10:24 AM
Jun 2022
I think most people just can't relate to him.
Jun 22, 2023 10:28 AM
Nov 2022
Miyuki fan hereโœŒ๏ธ
Jun 22, 2023 10:40 AM
Jan 2023
SAT_KUMAR said:
kumarayush2104 said:
Well, I'm a Miyuki fan. I've always liked him more than any other character in Love is War, and I consider him the best MC I've seen in any romance anime to date. His motivation of improving oneself to be on equal footing with the person he loves before starting a relationship is incredibly respectable, surpassing the motives of any other romance MC I've come across in anime.

Btw, there's no doubt that Ishigami has a larger fan base, since people tend to gravitate towards relatable characters, and he strikes a chord with many men in this community, to be quite frank. ๐Ÿ˜…

absolutely right as Miyuki is everyone Ideal character and Ishigami is relatable character. Ishigami and fujiwara is the one who always made us lmao most of the time and they're my favorite character
Jun 22, 2023 11:34 AM
Dec 2022
hes just not as interesting as the other 3 main characters.
Jun 22, 2023 11:36 AM

Mar 2018
I'm a huge fan of Miyuki. He's the best romcom male protagonist.
Jun 22, 2023 11:42 AM

Jan 2019
I'm huge fan of Miyuki, I relate a lot to him always having to put on the confident act, and how he swings from going giga chad mode to cringing about it later.

Jun 22, 2023 11:46 AM
ranked 54 in FAL
Mar 2018
i love miyu-senpai, he's up there with kaguya herself for me and is legit one of my favorite characters in anime in general.

but despite the brilliant way that he's written, he isn't "just like me fr fr" like ishigami and he isn't a a waifu, so it isn't that surprising he isn't as popular as some of the rest of the cast.
Jun 22, 2023 12:23 PM

Aug 2021
literally the best character, a perfect combination of charm, cuteness, and a fleshed and well thought out character
Jun 22, 2023 1:06 PM
Jan 2017
Don’t know, personally I like him more than Ishigami and Chika. I found him the most relatable, sometimes saying things that I specifically thought before. Not sure why people relate more to Ishigami, maybe anime fans don’t have a lot of friends
Jun 22, 2023 1:27 PM
Apr 2022
I'm Miyuki fan โค๏ธโค๏ธ
Jun 22, 2023 1:35 PM
Jul 2020
Because people are cringe and don’t appreciate the true best boy
Jun 22, 2023 1:38 PM
Jul 2020
People will lose interest in Chika pretty quick as more chapters are adapted, Shirogane just gets better and better.
Jun 22, 2023 1:45 PM
Jul 2018
First reason - I'm not into guys.
Second reason - I like other characters more.
Jun 22, 2023 2:05 PM
Sep 2019
SAT_KUMAR said:
kumarayush2104 said:

He's also one of my favorites, if not my favorite in the anime, but what you call respectable is I think his main character flaw. I mean his striving for self-improvement is great and all, but he obviously takes it too far due to his own insecurities.
Jun 22, 2023 5:50 PM

Mar 2021
mafiahairspy said:
SAT_KUMAR said:

He's also one of my favorites, if not my favorite in the anime, but what you call respectable is I think his main character flaw. I mean his striving for self-improvement is great and all, but he obviously takes it too far due to his own insecurities.
That's what makes him more human than any other character, despite being a self-improvement freak, because his insecurities stem mainly from his family issues. And one don't need to be flawless to be a respectable character. 
On the other hand, if we look at Ishigami, who is undoubtedly the most popular male character of this show, he is highly self-aware but does nothing to improve his condition until some good people make an effort for his betterment. This may fulfill the relatability aspect but is a common trope of an edgy character with a dark past. However, the brilliance of this show shines through as they mostly use him for comedic relief, which is an excellent move.

๐“œ๐“ช๐”‚๐“ซ๐“ฎ ๐”€๐“ฎ ๐“ฝ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ฎ๐“ญ ๐“ฝ๐“ธ ๐“ต๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ฟ๐“ฎ ๐“ช๐“ผ ๐“ถ๐“พ๐“ฌ๐“ฑ ๐“ถ๐“ฎ๐“ถ๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ฎ๐“ผ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป๐“ผ๐“ฎ๐“ต๐“ฟ๐“ฎ๐“ผ ๐”€๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ ๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ฌ๐“ฑ ๐“ธ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ๐“ป ๐“ซ๐“ฎ๐“ฌ๐“ช๐“พ๐“ผ๐“ฎ ๐”€๐“ฎ ๐“ด๐“ท๐“ฎ๐”€ ๐“ธ๐“ท๐“ฎ ๐“ญ๐“ช๐”‚ ๐”€๐“ฎ ๐”€๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ต๐“ญ๐“ท'๐“ฝ ๐“ซ๐“ฎ ๐“ฝ๐“ธ๐“ฐ๐“ฎ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ๐“ป ๐“ช๐“ท๐”‚ ๐“ถ๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ฎ
Jun 22, 2023 5:57 PM

Aug 2020
Jun 22, 2023 5:58 PM

Feb 2019
 Miyuki is literally my favorite character. He’s so relatable it hurts. I used to being in his shoes before and felt everything he felt when I was in love. Though I do like the rest of cast Miyuki is still the best written one in opinion.
Jun 22, 2023 6:43 PM
Sep 2019
SAT_KUMAR said:
mafiahairspy said:

That's what makes him more human than any other character, despite being a self-improvement freak, because his insecurities stem mainly from his family issues. And one don't need to be flawless to be a respectable character. 
On the other hand, if we look at Ishigami, who is undoubtedly the most popular male character of this show, he is highly self-aware but does nothing to improve his condition until some good people make an effort for his betterment. This may fulfill the relatability aspect but is a common trope of an edgy character with a dark past. However, the brilliance of this show shines through as they mostly use him for comedic relief, which is an excellent move.

Oh 100% agree, I wouldn't describe it as a respectable trait I guess, but it doesn't make me dislike him or anything, it's a really well written character trait. And yeah considering Ishigami's low confidence, I think it's understandable why it took the intervention of good friends to get him on a path of self-improvement. It's really hard to work on yourself when you don't have faith in yourself and don't think you're capable of better.
Jun 22, 2023 9:41 PM
May 2022
Piromysl said:
He is fine by himself, but totally pales in comparison to best girl Ishigami.

AH YES ๐Ÿ™Œ (character limit)
Jun 23, 2023 12:33 AM
Mar 2022
The final movie really did it for me. I absolutely love kaguya and miyuki, more than ishigami and chikka/hayasaka. I enjoyed the show the most whenever miyuki was on screen.
Jun 23, 2023 1:52 AM
Nov 2018
To me Miyuki is just to ordinary? I completely forgot who Miyuki was until I look to see who he was again. So just not enough presence in a character?
Jun 23, 2023 4:01 AM
Feb 2022
I personally think miyuki is a really interesting character. But whenever I think of the story, I always forget about him even tho he plays a very important role. idk why
Jun 23, 2023 5:05 AM
Jan 2022
Because we have Yลซ Ishigami
Jun 23, 2023 6:31 AM
Sep 2021
Maybe because his peak character arc hasn't been animated yet.
Jun 23, 2023 7:03 AM

Sep 2020
I just like Kaguya and Ishigami better and if I'm being honest, I don't like the way Aka writes his character as someone with glaringly obvious flaws but then solves those flaws in pretty much a heartbeat. It just became a running gag that I became sick of pretty quickly.

Arteta's Tricky Reds!

Jun 24, 2023 9:55 AM
Jun 2022
I'm a fun of miyuki and I very respect him.
Jun 24, 2023 11:22 AM
Mar 2023
miyu is goated af fr
Jun 24, 2023 12:58 PM
Aug 2022
Well as a very diligent and somewhat intelligent student. I relate to him and the hardwork he puts into proving himself. But i can understand why other people wont. He is almost perfect academically and is supposed to be handsome and charming. Even i dont relate to the handsome and charming part. So most people just cant see them in his image. Unlike ishigami who is just a normal dude with tons of social anxiety.
Jun 24, 2023 1:03 PM

Aug 2020
Hes the best male character in the show. But the reason he doesnt have many favorites is because people who watch anime cant relate to a character who tries their best to succeed in life, unlike themselves. So unrelatable.
Keep scrolling
Jun 25, 2023 8:16 AM

Aug 2020
He’s kind of a bland character compared to the other characters.

More topics from this board

» Miyuki is the best romcom mc imo. What do you think?

Meitaneti_Habib - May 30

32 by Meitaneti_Habib »»
3 hours ago

» A little disappointed

official_brown - Oct 17, 2023

33 by Nanami0007 »»
May 22, 5:49 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: First Kiss wa Owaranai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Usopp8000 - Dec 18, 2022

219 by wibugar »»
May 10, 1:15 AM

» The episodes should get a seperate entry

Aryan-0_0 - Mar 31, 2023

7 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 27, 11:51 PM

» So is there gonna be any new season after this

Rnonsenseguy - Apr 2, 2023

19 by Zynnnsss »»
Apr 17, 9:49 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.