Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 21, 2023 9:23 AM

Sep 2022
DarkLight9616 said:
ANIk_003 said:

Do you think this is Attack on Titan? Finding meaning, understanding character's motives?

Since when was Attack on Titan the primordial work that explores the meaning of life and challenges its readers and viewers to understand each character's thoughts, struggles, and way of life? Perhaps, I would advise you to inform yourself of which of the two works, was written first. Because to my understanding Sword Art Online predates Attack on Titan by possibly 10 years.

From the beginning dummy, atleast for argument let's say atleast from season 3, the episode - Other Side of The Wall, and also in the Final season. One can not help but try to imagine the situation from both sides perspectives. And it doesn't matter when the manga was written.
Jun 21, 2023 9:32 AM
Jan 2021
ANIk_003 said:
DarkLight9616 said:

Since when was Attack on Titan the primordial work that explores the meaning of life and challenges its readers and viewers to understand each character's thoughts, struggles, and way of life? Perhaps, I would advise you to inform yourself of which of the two works, was written first. Because to my understanding Sword Art Online predates Attack on Titan by possibly 10 years.

From the beginning dummy, atleast for argument let's say atleast from season 3, the episode - Other Side of The Wall, and also in the Final season. One can not help but try to imagine the situation from both sides perspectives. And it doesn't matter when the manga was written.

I sincerely apologise because it seems that there is nothing I could do to help you. However, if you still fail to grasp my apology to you. Then I sincerely advise you to read carefully my first response to your comment and look back to your second comment to see who is the "dummy", as you called me.
Jun 21, 2023 9:45 AM
Jan 2021
saommkol said:
DarkLight9616 said:

Or do you mean how I wrote mean, instead of the meanings in the title? If it is, then I greatly appreciate your consideration. However, the fault does not lie in my use of grammar correctly, but instead in how I process the information in my head quicker than I write it down.

Making excuses for your mistakes won't make your grammar any better, but suit yourself. And you made numerous gramamtical mistakes in this post as well.

Since when did I provide you with the excuses regarding my grammatical mistake? I believe that I only provide you with the information, regarding how lagging the reaction time between my way of processing information in my head to how I write.
Jun 21, 2023 9:52 AM

Sep 2022
DarkLight9616 said:
ANIk_003 said:

I sincerely apologise because it seems that there is nothing I could do to help you. However, if you still fail to grasp my apology to you. Then I sincerely advise you to read carefully my first response to your comment and look back to your second comment to see who is the "dummy", as you called me.

I'm sorry, maybe I should not used arguable words in our first encounter, but what I'm trying to say is there obviously explores the reason of their existence and meaning of life. Eren's, Armin's speech in the Final season clearly supports my point. Also Sword art online's plot is simple and straight forward, there is massage of value of life, influence of technology etc. But the fact is SAO is for beginners who don't have to face mind blowing questionable Plot twist and complex world building like Attack on Titan.
Jun 21, 2023 10:06 AM
Jan 2021
ANR23 said:
DarkLight9616 said:
When watching Sword Art Online I think people should first ask themselves. What is Sword Art Online? And What is the meaning behind each arc? Or, perhaps, what is the hidden message Sword Art Online as a whole is trying to pass to me and others?

Which to me. Sword Art Online is an art of swords brought to you online by Kayaba Akihiko. And, broken down into multiple parts by Heathcliff himself.

Part - 1: Is, a lovely storytelling that explores a beautiful romance between Kirito and Asuna, and their first encounter.

Part - 2: The difficulties they faced and how much effort they have to put, to overcome them. And, the amazing people and friends they made as a reward, throughout their journey.

Part - 3: The evolution of VR/AR from NerveGear, Amusphere, Medicuboid, Augma, and The Soul Translator. And, their contribution to the evolution of science, technology, medicine, and new form of entertainment. 

Part - 4: The enjoyment of watching Kirito and Asuna explore different VR worlds from Aincrad, Alftheim, GGO, and The Underworld. And, yet to come Unital Ring. Plus, their unique settings, atmosphere and feeling that comes with it.

Part - 5: The value of life, and what it means to be human. And, how technology can influence a person's perspective of the world, and challenge them to ask what is real and what is not, as technology advances further. And how The Underworld represents Humanity's imagination and ambition of being a Creator. And, the concept of playing God's game, by trying to dictate the fate of Alice and the Underworld people.

Yes the show tries to explore these ideas, but doesn't manage to land a proper hit in any. Not even 1%.

It's a poorly written story. Poor character writing, poor world building, poor everything.

You have listed the correct technical points of the show. But none are evident in the story.

How you even feel these were executed I'd belong understanding.

SAO pretends to be a mature show that tackles and addresses issues that you mentioned. It fails miserably at that.

It's great for mindless shounen sakuga overdose fights but that's all.

If you believe that Sword Art Online did not provide a comprehensive explanation of the ideas and concepts it explored. Then, I believe that SAO was never to your liking, and your opinion on the matter is invalid. As you fail to provide a compelling discussion, and it is evident that you never watched the show, or even if you did, you fail to understand its meanings. Not even 1% of the information provided was enough to educate you on the subject matter of the show.
Jun 21, 2023 10:15 AM

Sep 2022
I've seen your watched list. Please !!! there is much to grasp. I also made Sword Art Online in my favourite list after completing it, it was amazing to me, but I was beginner like u at that time. Now I don't have SAO in my top 10 fav because other desurving series replaced it. I'm suggesting u some Good stuff from which one or two you should have really watched till now. The oder is according to your prefference - more lower u go more deviated it is from your taste I guess.
1. Steins;Gate.
2. Violet Evergarden
3. Erased.
4. Hunter x Hunter.
5. One Peace (If you are up to it).
Jun 21, 2023 10:16 AM
Mar 2023
SAO isn’t exactly mind bending complex stuff, it takes you to an interesting place. Offers you, in my opinion, a pretty great take on VR in an anime setting, and for that I really rated it.
Never going to claim it’s the best thing I’ve ever watched, but it takes me to a pretty cool nostalgic feeling place that makes watching it easy.
Jun 21, 2023 10:34 AM
Jan 2021
ANIk_003 said:
DarkLight9616 said:

I'm sorry, maybe I should not used arguable words in our first encounter, but what I'm trying to say is there obviously explores the reason of their existence and meaning of life. Eren's, Armin's speech in the Final season clearly supports my point. Also Sword art online's plot is simple and straight forward, there is massage of value of life, influence of technology etc. But the fact is SAO is for beginners who don't have to face mind blowing questionable Plot twist and complex world building like Attack on Titan.

I am sorry, but it seems that you're still unable to simply grasp and understand what I have told you. And, your take on SAO " is for beginners who don't have to face mind blowing questionable Plot twist and complex world building like Attack on Titan ", proves to me that you're incapable of fully understanding 'mind-blowing questionable Plot twists and complex world-building ', as you claimed to be. Because, if you were someone capable of understanding the things that you described in your last comment. Then you would already know what I tried to tell you in my first response to you.
Jun 21, 2023 11:04 AM
Jan 2021
ANIk_003 said:
I've seen your watched list. Please !!! there is much to grasp. I also made Sword Art Online in my favourite list after completing it, it was amazing to me, but I was beginner like u at that time. Now I don't have SAO in my top 10 fav because other desurving series replaced it. I'm suggesting u some Good stuff from which one or two you should have really watched till now. The oder is according to your prefference - more lower u go more deviated it is from your taste I guess.
1. Steins;Gate.
2. Violet Evergarden
3. Erased.
4. Hunter x Hunter.
5. One Peace (If you are up to it).

I am sorry. but I would like to point out to you, that I am not someone new to anime as my profile in MyAnimelist claims me to be.

Secondly, the first anime I ever watched is Captain Tsubasa, Neon Genesis Evangelion and Dragon Ball in the early 2000s. Furthermore, I am a seasonal anime watcher. And, I believe that I probably have already watched 99.9% of all well-known anime, with some exceptions possibly being Steins Gates. Plus, I like watching One Piece with the latest episode being episode 959 in the 2020-2021 season. in addition, my favourite genre in anime is sports which I tend to rewatch multiple times. And one of them is Hikaru No Go, Baby Steps and One Outs to name a few.

Thanks.
Jun 21, 2023 11:09 AM
Jan 2021
TeddyAE said:
SAO isn’t exactly mind bending complex stuff, it takes you to an interesting place. Offers you, in my opinion, a pretty great take on VR in an anime setting, and for that I really rated it.
Never going to claim it’s the best thing I’ve ever watched, but it takes me to a pretty cool nostalgic feeling place that makes watching it easy.

Yes, I agree with your take on it.
Jun 21, 2023 12:29 PM
Jan 2021
SuntProstMare said:
DarkLight9616 said:

From my understanding, I think you're unable to hold a compelling discussion, as I fail to read any intellectual meaning behind your words.
why should I hold a conversation with somebody that see only the good side of a story? And what you said isnt even in the serie(or not well written)

Part 1- it is not a "lovely" storytelling about Kirito and Asuna, simply because the anime doesnt give enough space for the development, you only see them interact a few times, more of the time doesnt give nothing to the characters. Only because they slept together doesnt make them "different", I mean that they are already "perfect", so without development of the relationship, because its like they skipped some steps in between.

Part 2- this is 50/50, yeah they made more friends but, at the same time, what experiences they overcome? Kirito is already Op, from the moment that you see him on screen, he is inteligent, he is powerfull, he have good equipment, he is funny. Meanwhile the other characters dont have nothing, they are there only to make Kirito look "good".

Part 3- this isnt worth commenting, because in the anime isnt show what you say.

Part 4- this is true, but still what can you find enjoyable if you already know that Kirito will simply swing his sword 2-3 times to win? even in S2 he is already too good, in a VR game with GUNS not Sword, but well, the plot want him cool, so they are gonna put lightsabers in a game that doesnt need them

Part 5- you are giving this meaning that the anime doesnt go too deep, Everyone can make a manga that talk about life and death, but if they dont have much to offer in that argument than it isnt appealing.
about the technology its the same, Kirito didnt even have so much problems after he escape Aincard, he even wants to play more when, normally speaking, somebody would be traumatized after that event, rejecting the VR.

But what I stated before, its a waste of time speaking with somebody searching hidden meaning that the author didnt want to have, you have every possible character and anime of SAO, so its normal that someone will think that you are a fanatic.

I am sorry, but where on this discussion thread shows that I can only see the good side of the story. And, since when does not being well-written contradict the overall message the story is trying to tell?

while I do agree with your take on how the anime does not give them enough space for the development of their relationship. I also believe that it shows how much they care for each other and are deeply in love with each other, with scenes from their house in the forest, and how Asuna came to save Kirito when he was in a dangerous situation. And, vice versa.

Kirito came out the closest from being an introverted person and overcame the loss of Sachi and was able to forgive himself. Sinon was able to overcome her trauma without needing to escape into a VR world again. Asuna overcame her loneliness and stopped playing the game with a death wish. And, even learning to enjoy life in Aincrad. just to point a few, without stretching too much the paragraphs.

The Anime clearly shows you how much VR/AR has evolved since the release of NerveGear. And, Ordinal Scale provides you with information about how they are being used in daily life activities, from eating, exercising, entertainment and Studying, (Asuna and other girls doing their homework in Alftheim online). Plus, Yuuki at Hospital, and how Medicuboid helped her enjoy life despite the illness she had. In addition to it possibly helping her live longer.

You can enjoy the design, worldbuilding, setting and feel of each game. As it is evident with The Underworld, Alftheim and Aincrad which despite being all Fantasy-based games. They all have different atmospheres, design structures and feel that make them distinct from one another.

I can see clearly that you failed to grasp the meaning and concept of the whole Alicization arc. And you also did not pay attention to other Arcs. Specifically, what Kirito and Asuna were discussing in the park in GGO, and about the camera and real-world data.

Yes, I absolutely agree that it will be a waste of time and effort to engage in a fruitful discussion with you.
Jun 21, 2023 1:13 PM
Aug 2021
incredible, you ignored some parts of my explaination and said things that I didnt mention, like the atmosphere in the anime.

if the anime isnt well written means that It cant be delivered in a way where anybody can understand It and enjoy It.

the VR as you Say, helped in many way from exercising to medicine, but the anime only Say that, It doesnt change the fact that It isnt saw(only talking about S1 and S2) and this can be correleted to the part 5 that I said before.

and when did Kirito was so shy? you mean like 3 episodes? when After that he Simply become what Is It now? tell me how many times he became Better, with a goal, with a change of his personality? only at the start of the serie(still S1 and S2).

Kirito cares about Asuna and Yui, but showing at the viewer so Little of the relationship says that the love between them Is a "side Quest" that Is gonna be destroyed After Kirito start to make fall every girl that he saves, this Is why there Is the tag "love polygon".

and you are lying about you seeing the anime in a objective side, since what your fav says, that you Absolute love SAO, so how can you critizes something that you like too much?
I like Overlord and others in fav, but this doesnt mean that they are perfect, i know the flaws of each One, but if I ask you "what you see bad in SAO?", you will respond giving some excuses.

And you should stop talking like you are superior, from what i saw in other responds to other users with "I think that you still dont understand and grasp the meaning of SAO" or some other bullshit

the show isnt bad, neither good, but dont worship/talk about It like its something incredible.
Jun 21, 2023 2:56 PM
Apr 2023
DarkLight9616 said:
When watching Sword Art Online I think people should first ask themselves. What is Sword Art Online? And What is the meaning behind each arc? Or, perhaps, what is the hidden message Sword Art Online as a whole is trying to pass to me and others?

Which to me. Sword Art Online is an art of swords brought to you online by Kayaba Akihiko. And, broken down into multiple parts by Heathcliff himself.

Part - 1: Is, a lovely storytelling that explores a beautiful romance between Kirito and Asuna, and their first encounter.

Part - 2: The difficulties they faced and how much effort they have to put, to overcome them. And, the amazing people and friends they made as a reward, throughout their journey.

Part - 3: The evolution of VR/AR from NerveGear, Amusphere, Medicuboid, Augma, and The Soul Translator. And, their contribution to the evolution of science, technology, medicine, and new form of entertainment. 

Part - 4: The enjoyment of watching Kirito and Asuna explore different VR worlds from Aincrad, Alftheim, GGO, and The Underworld. And, yet to come Unital Ring. Plus, their unique settings, atmosphere and feeling that comes with it.

Part - 5: The value of life, and what it means to be human. And, how technology can influence a person's perspective of the world, and challenge them to ask what is real and what is not, as technology advances further. And how The Underworld represents Humanity's imagination and ambition of being a Creator. And, the concept of playing God's game, by trying to dictate the fate of Alice and the Underworld people.

I think you’re taking it a little to seriously. I love SAO; the plot line and messages make it one of my favorite anime. However, over analyzing can sometimes take something that was pure entertainment value and turn it into something that it is not. In this case SAO is not a philosophy text book.
Jun 21, 2023 3:30 PM

Apr 2022
@DarkLight9616

I’m curious to hear your opinions about the answers to these questions.

What are Kirito’s notable strengths and weaknesses? (Include example moments where they affect the trajectory of the plot to support your opinion if you would like.)

Same question for Asuna, or a different female character if you think that character is more important.

What are the most important things Kirito (or Asuna) learn during the story, or how do they otherwise grow as individuals, in personality or wisdom?

What do you think are the main ‘themes’ of SAO? (My own examples to demonstrate: ‘sanctity of life’ for Death Note, ‘iconoclasm’ for Gurren Lagann, ‘Nietszchean slave morality’ for Attack on Titan)

I assure you I am honestly curious about your ideas. I didn’t think much of SAO as a story but if I like your answers it will improve my rewatch experience.
Jun 21, 2023 3:39 PM

Apr 2018
Reading through this thread, it looks like everything here was written by bots. Assuming you're human, I guess I'll say one positive thing about SAO: I liked seeing Asuna's sideboob in Ordinal Scale. I don't like much else in this series.
Jun 21, 2023 6:37 PM
Jan 2021
ScionOfCyan said:
@DarkLight9616

What are Kirito’s notable strengths and weaknesses? (Include example moments where they affect the trajectory of the plot to support your opinion if you would like.)

Same question for Asuna, or a different female character if you think that character is more important.

What are the most important things Kirito (or Asuna) learn during the story, or how do they otherwise grow as individuals, in personality or wisdom?

What do you think are the main ‘themes’ of SAO? (My own examples to demonstrate: ‘sanctity of life’ for Death Note, ‘iconoclasm’ for Gurren Lagann, ‘Nietszchean slave morality’ for Attack on Titan)

I assure you I am honestly curious about your ideas. I didn’t think much of SAO as a story but if I like your answers it will improve my rewatch experience.

Kirito Weakness - loneliness, is one of Kirito's main weaknesses in the first half of the Sword Art Online storytelling. Evidence of loneliness can be seen through his relationship with his family, and when Klein invited him to join his groups. This also can be applied to the Moonlit Black Cats group incident.

Secondly, Trust- again Kirito was unable to trust his family and the Moonlit Black Cats group. For example, I believe that if Kirito were to show his level to the Moonlit Black Cats. The accident would be averted.

Asuna - independence, at the beginning of the series, Asuna did not try to rely on others to clear the game. And, tried to do everything on her own, to the point that she collapsed in the dungeon. Which could result in her death if Kirito did not rescue her.

Self Harm- Asuna, besides being a very strong-willed and independent girl. It is possible to say that at the beginning of the series, Asuna was very careless to the point that one could say that she had suicidal issues. Which, to be more precise, resulted in her having a mindset and personal belief that pushed her forward, to clear the game no matter the consequence.

Strengths- besides their intelligence and intellectual abilities they both possess. Another strength I would give to them is confidence, self-care, and being quick learners and very considerate of their friends well being.

I believe that one of the most important things Kirito and Asuna learned throughout the series, is how to turn their weaknesses into strengths. But, also to be more open-minded and forgiving to oneself and family members and friends. Which, is presented between Asuna and her mother's interaction. And, Kirito and Suguha's relationship as sister and brother compared to the beginning of the series.

In my opinion, and to my understanding of Sword Art Online. The themes of the series are love, family, treatment of life, and forgiveness.
Jun 21, 2023 7:20 PM

Apr 2022
DarkLight9616 said:
ScionOfCyan said:
@DarkLight9616

Kirito Weakness - loneliness, is one of Kirito's main weaknesses in the first half of the Sword Art Online storytelling. Evidence of loneliness can be seen through his relationship with his family, and when Klein invited him to join his groups. This also can be applied to the Moonlit Black Cats group incident.

Secondly, Trust- again Kirito was unable to trust his family and the Moonlit Black Cats group. For example, I believe that if Kirito were to show his level to the Moonlit Black Cats. The accident would be averted.

Asuna - independence,  at the beginning of the series, Asuna did not try to rely on others to clear the game. And, tried to do everything on her own, to the point that she collapsed in the dungeon. Which could result in her death if Kirito did not rescue her.

Self Harm- Asuna, besides being a very strong-willed and independent girl. It is possible to say that at the beginning of the series, Asuna was very careless to the point that one could say that she had suicidal issues. Which, to be more precise, resulted in her having a mindset and personal belief that pushed her forward, to clear the game no matter the consequence.

Strengths- besides their intelligence and intellectual abilities they both possess. Another strength I would give to them is confidence, self-care, and being quick learners and very considerate of their friends well being.

I believe that one of the most important things Kirito and Asuna learned throughout the series, is how to turn their weaknesses into strengths. But, also to be more open-minded and forgiving to oneself and family members and friends. Which, is presented between Asuna and her mother's interaction. And, Kirito and Suguha's relationship as sister and brother compared to the beginning of the series.

In my opinion, and to my understanding of Sword Art Online. The themes of the series are love, family, treatment of life, and forgiveness.
Thanks, I appreciate the response. I'll definitely have what you said in mind next time I watch it.
Jun 21, 2023 10:10 PM
Apr 2021
DarkLight9616 said:
RetroGressive said:

This is the funniest pseudo-intellectual pretentious Redditor moment of all time

I sincerely apologise, if it was too difficult for you to grasp the meaning/intention behind the hidden messages Sword Art Online was trying to give you. 
Oh no, it's actually incredibly simple to understand this absolute shit-show. From it's generic and bland main character to dedicating half a fucking arc to fucking incest this show is abysmal. You can idiotically induce whatever "hidden messages" you want, its nothing but the schizophrenic ramblings of a fucking lunatic. Go to Monster or Vagabond for an actually complex and philosophical experience, instead of fantasizing over isekai trash 
Jun 21, 2023 10:57 PM

Apr 2023
Ah, Sword Art Online, a phantasmagorical blend of digital reverie and cerebral discourse that traverses the labyrinthine corridors of augmented realities. Its sublime yet cataclysmic narrative arcs engender a multitude of ruminations and engrossing musings on the tapestry of the human condition.

In this transcendental odyssey, the narrative elocution commences with a magnanimous convergence of technology and virtual landscapes, propelling the hapless denizens into an enigmatic and perilous world. Kirito, our sagacious yet introspective protagonist, emerges as the epitome of the post-modern hero, oscillating between the digital morass and the visceral realms of existence.

The anime's verisimilitude, despite the absence of tangible reality, is a testament to its inherent ingenuity. Through a masterful symphony of visual aesthetics, the ethereal backdrops and intricate character designs coalesce into a maelstrom of kaleidoscopic splendor, ensnaring the viewers' senses in a visual and intellectual embrace.

The multifaceted themes that reverberate throughout Sword Art Online are as expansive as the boundless cosmos itself. Existential quandaries, metaphysical juxtapositions, and the fragility of human connections are meticulously interwoven into the narrative fabric. The ostensible dichotomy between the digital personas and their corporeal counterparts becomes a tantalizing allegory for the duality of human existence, shedding light on the inherent contradictions and poignant frailties of our mortal coil.

Moreover, Sword Art Online dares to traverse uncharted realms of speculative fiction, introducing a captivating exploration of artificial intelligence and the ramifications it begets. The transcendent consciousness of the virtual realm permeates the emotional core of the anime, offering a poignant and introspective meditation on the very nature of sentience and its inextricable link to our own humanity.

While the ostensible potency of the anime's themes is undeniably captivating, one cannot escape the occasional foray into narrative convolution and superfluous tangents. These instances of temporal misgivings dilute the overall cohesiveness, lending a modicum of chagrin amidst the ebullient reverie.

Nevertheless, Sword Art Online stands as a valiant testament to the inherent potency of animated storytelling, traversing the realms of the digital and the philosophical with an audacity that is both commendable and awe-inspiring. It ignites a fiery mélange of cogitation and emotion, ensnaring the viewer within its ethereal embrace, while beckoning them to ponder the ethereal tapestry that binds our ever-evolving reality.
Jun 22, 2023 12:42 AM

Apr 2021
DarkLight9616 said:
ejleon said:
They are huge reason society has fallen into the garbage, they ruined philosophy 

Why would the reason for Society's downfall, be attributed, or befall them?

I’ll revise, Kant is a little different than the rest.

The main difference is that I like those responsible for or appreciate the Western Tradition which resulted in the upward progress of humanity to the Renaissance, creation of Modern Science, Age of Exploration / Discovery, Enlightenment, looking to benefit humans all over the world.

Those you suggest, those that hate and reject the Western Tradition, which has lead to the downward spiral of humanity, resulting in WWI, Communism, Nazi Germany, WWII, Cold War, and the increase of nihilism / depression / anxiety / suicide / lawlessness / immorality / murder / abortion / euthanasia, with psychology failing to provide any answers, only offering pills, meaning greedy companies profiting off of humans treated as guinea pigs, along with ruining education to produce naive ignorant mindless gullible workers easily fooled by propaganda for the 1% of the world to take advantage of them.
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series, both Japanese Sub & English Dub, then judge each anime based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Jun 22, 2023 2:08 AM
Jul 2021
DarkLight9616 said:

Hello!
I also am a fan of Sword Art Online but it seems that there is a misconception in your explanation, so I will try to rectify it.

(Please don't get upset, as I am only trying to clear your thoughts. Nothing hatred!!)

And I am taking about main series, not from progressive.

Part 1 - There is no lovely storytelling as it makes timeskips, so we don't get to see any character development (in terms of romantic) to each other.

Like in Aircrad, we only see them together having lovey-dovey after defeating the 74th floor boss.
In GGO, they don't spend much time together as he was the solving the case of "Phantom Bullet".
In whole Alicization arc, kirito was stuck in Underworld with no way out and Asuna was trying to find a way.
Indeed they spend 200 years in Underworld together but we don't have the story of how there romance grows.

There is a kiss scene in almost every season but the problem is, there is nothing more romance other than a kiss. "It already presumed that, Asuna was already in love or have feeling for kirito after the First Floor Boss Raid" & about kirito, we don't know when, how & what makes him fall for Asuna?

But the progressive series will make this happen.

Part 2, 3, 4, 5 all are correct in my perspective.

Hope this will not hurt you, but this is my perspective on this.
Ashok Kumar
Jun 22, 2023 3:42 AM
Jan 2021
RetroGressive said:
DarkLight9616 said:

I sincerely apologise, if it was too difficult for you to grasp the meaning/intention behind the hidden messages Sword Art Online was trying to give you. 
Oh no, it's actually incredibly simple to understand this absolute shit-show. From it's generic and bland main character to dedicating half a fucking arc to fucking incest this show is abysmal. You can idiotically induce whatever "hidden messages" you want, its nothing but the schizophrenic ramblings of a fucking lunatic. Go to Monster or Vagabond for an actually complex and philosophical experience, instead of fantasizing over isekai trash 

Yeah, Yeah. To me, I still see that you're struggling to understand the hidden message and meanings behind each arc of Sword Art Online because I clearly did not state in any way or form that Sword Art Online possesses the most complex philosophical experience. And, it seems that you have provided two works that you claimed to have "an actually complex and philosophical experience", which I am very intrigued to learn how their teaching of philosophy is different to Sword Art Online.

Please, care to elaborate on their teaching below 'Professor', in detail and your own words.

Because I found it very hard. How you were capable of deciphering their teaching of philosophy, but still struggle to comprehend Sword Art Online. Or perhaps, the main focus and theme of these works is to provide the teaching of philosophy in a more simplified manner, so that every individual that watches or reads them will be able to understand what it is trying to tell them. This specifically proves my point that you are incapable of understanding Sword Art Online's hidden messages and meaning, as they are not simply given to you unlike in other works.

In addition, the actual keywords here are 'hidden messages and meaning ', as Sword Art Online's main focus and theme is not the teaching of philosophy, but still, the author was capable of providing its readers and viewers, with the teaching of philosophical experience as a hidden message.
Jun 22, 2023 7:25 AM
Nov 2022
I Don't Know 😅. Most Off people are writing negative comments.

i know that what everyone feeling. they watched better Anime than SAO like attack on titan, chainsaw man, jujutsu Kaisen, demon slayer so this is obvious that they don't like SAO like other action anime. i know that this anime is not as legendary as AOT or called to be a Masterpiece. that doesn't means this Anime is trash or garbage etc.

this anime have negative points but at same time it has Positive point also like Good Animation (according to year 2012), better character design for the person who don't know that this anime is adapt from light novel , Soundtracks are well synced with story, after 10 years still one of the best collection of OP/ED.

the biggest downside of this game is that this game have fantasy violance. so the person who like Gore genre or reality concepts never connects him/herself with this anime. for watch this anime you must be a RPG game lover. this anime contains so many Game language that can't always be understand by everyone.

I am Not denying everyone's thought. i only want to say that this anime is not Masterpieces nor Trash this anime always deserves 8 or 7 stars in every season and movies. i know season 2 is Slow pitched but Alicization is Definitely Great.

Thanks For Reading ❤️ Sorry for Long Post 😔.
No Hate 🚫 Keep Spreading Love. 😍
Jun 22, 2023 8:33 AM

Apr 2021
DarkLight9616 said:
ejleon said:
They are huge reason society has fallen into the garbage, they ruined philosophy 

Do you know the difference between the philosophers before the 1700s and many philosophers during / after the 1700s ?
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series, both Japanese Sub & English Dub, then judge each anime based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Jun 22, 2023 11:02 AM
Jan 2021
ejleon said:
DarkLight9616 said:

Do you know the difference between the philosophers before the 1700s and many philosophers during / after the 1700s ?

I believe that the difference is unrelated to the question I have asked and does not answer the question at all. In advance, I have already read your prior answer to my question before, which I found reasonable enough. However, I still believe that the blame should not be aligned to them, but instead to those that interpret the teaching wrongly, and miss used it for their wrongdoing.
Jun 23, 2023 9:13 AM
Mar 2023
I would say it has too much drama involved in it but as time goes everything starts to gather up together and it become anime worth watching.
I like alicization part 1 th most :)
Jun 23, 2023 9:52 AM

May 2022
DarkLight9616 said:

This. 100% this. Don’t listen to those annoying haters who don’t want to bother reading and understanding what you’re saying nor don’t want to take the time to understand the point of SAO. SAO is all about the power of relationships and being able to grow as a human as a result of forming and maintaining powerful relationships, despite the world being virtual. Kirito as a character is very deep and complex, with his own weaknesses and failures, and then eventually being able to grow from it thanks to the people he met, working to be a strong, compassionate, selfless, and caring hero with a powerful heart.
Jun 23, 2023 11:12 AM
Jan 2021
AwesomeAli2832 said:
DarkLight9616 said:

This. 100% this. Don’t listen to those annoying haters who don’t want to bother reading and understanding what you’re saying nor don’t want to take the time to understand the point of SAO. SAO is all about the power of relationships and being able to grow as a human as a result of forming and maintaining powerful relationships, despite the world being virtual. Kirito as a character is very deep and complex, with his own weaknesses and failures, and then eventually being able to grow from it thanks to the people he met, working to be a strong, compassionate, selfless, and caring hero with a powerful heart.

Thanks for reading. I truly agree and appreciate the insight you have given.
Jun 23, 2023 11:39 AM

Mar 2013
MineFord_gurme said:
DarkLight9616 said:
The first question you should ask yourself when watching Sword Art Online is the hidden message behind each arc. Or, perhaps what is Sword Art Online?

Which to me. Sword Art Online online is an art of swords brought to you online by Kayaba Akihiko. Which later on was broken down into the following parts by Heathcliff.

You're such a sick sao fan 🤮

You're pretty much one if you're here as well, unless I am mistaken and confused as to why you're even here... (no offense 🤗)

P.S. To give a response to this thread's author...
I think posting here in the first season's sub forum is not the appropriate decision as most of what you pointed out are from the future arcs... so... spoilers...

Honestly, I quite enjoyed the series whether or not it ruined most of its potential to be a great series. It has some interesting characters and plot.

That's all.
CrazyButNot4UJun 23, 2023 11:48 AM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Jun 23, 2023 11:48 AM

Apr 2015
OP does a good job of making a pretty well thought out post and the typical SAO haters just immediately start trashing on it like usual, let alone doing so just to name shows they think are "better", not only sad, but also pathetic.  
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
Jun 23, 2023 1:06 PM

Apr 2021
DarkLight9616 said:
ejleon said:

I believe that the difference is unrelated to the question I have asked and does not answer the question at all. In advance, I have already read your prior answer to my question before, which I found reasonable enough. However, I still believe that the blame should not be aligned to them, but instead to those that interpret the teaching wrongly, and miss used it for their wrongdoing.
I do apologize, I had forgotten I answered already and MAL notifications still had your response as unread.
I understand, thanks for discussing.

Jun 23, 2023 2:26 PM
May 2022
Daninokuni said:
What happens with SAO lately? xD
People seems to give their all writing complex paragraphs in order to defend its deepness.
Sorry, but anyone can write such a paragraph for any media and make it looks deeper. It's very easy to actually argue that Paw Patrol is deeper than The Godfather.

I sort of disagree with the idea that you can make anything sound deeper than anything else but I am glad I’m not the only one who thinks it’s weird that there have been a lot of SAO defense posts recently. Don’t get me wrong, I like SAO, I just don’t get why there seems to be a lot of defenses of it all the sudden? Is it because the progressive movies have come out somewhat recently?
Jun 23, 2023 8:38 PM

Feb 2023
DarkLight9616 said:

I have never thought of SAO this way. I just assumed each part was about Kirito getting a new harem member.
Jun 27, 2023 11:26 AM
Jul 2022
DarkLight9616 said:
Ta3ah said:
sao fans explaining why emo boi with sword is not an overused trope

If using a sword is all it takes to write a compelling and engaging story. Then, I believe that every storytelling written in the world with a boy holding a sword, would be well regarded and be considered as inspirational as Sword Art Online is.

so basically what you said is:
emo boi w. sword = good story
my man are u delusional
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Overall do you enjoy watching SAO? What do you like about it? :) ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 15

72 by katnissmaezie »»
May 16, 1:05 AM

» What even is SAO anymore? ( 1 2 )

Jason-Skyrunner - Apr 27

53 by soli1239 »»
May 6, 8:27 PM

» We need a reboot

Superninjaboy2 - Mar 15

32 by Jason-Skyrunner »»
May 1, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bippo - Dec 8, 2012

480 by amf85 »»
Apr 27, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 10, 2012

680 by amf85 »»
Apr 27, 2:32 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.