Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 15, 2007 3:28 PM

Aug 2006
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...  can I just smack some sense into Hachiko?  I mean... I understand her not wanting to hold Nobu back... but... grrrrrrrrrrr

I'm glad Tamuki is willing to marry her... but still.......  grrrrrrrrr....

She belongs with Nobu **sobs**
Koito91Jun 17, 2023 2:55 PM
Jan 15, 2007 4:18 PM
Overlord

Nov 2004
i totally agree Furuba. She should be with Nobu. It's painfully frustrating what decisions she is making.

I respect that she wants to have the kid (though she can't support it), and I'm glad Takumi wants to marry her, but bah. They don't love each other. Lust is more like it for them.
Jan 16, 2007 10:06 AM

Aug 2006
And OMG!!! oOOOOoooo... what about Nana and Yasu???!!!??? I was thrown for a complete loop!!! I knew Yasu had feelings for Nana (they've been dropping hints all over the place.) But I never picked up on Nana's feelings for him... or was I just blind??? O_o

eta: And Xinil... speaking from experience... lust can cause people to make some pretty BIG mistakes and stupid decisions in their life!! O_o
Jan 16, 2007 10:33 AM
Overlord

Nov 2004
Nana and Yasu? I don't think there's anything going on between those two. Yasu is Nana's big brother imo.

Lust is evil, mmmhmm.
Jan 16, 2007 11:25 AM

Aug 2006
Xinil said:
Nana and Yasu? I don't think there's anything going on between those two. Yasu is Nana's big brother imo.

Lust is evil, mmmhmm.

Did you not catch that ENTIRE intro... where she said... that when she was having troubles... or feeling bad... that Ren wasn't the one she wanted to go to??? Hahaha... open your eyes, young one!!! Yasu and Nana are sooooo gonna wind up together. If I'm wrong... I'll... I'll...

If I'm wrong... I'll make Aokaado eat his hat!!! (And I'll even have Arixx whip up a special sauce or gravy for him)!! Yeah... that's it!!!
Jan 16, 2007 11:28 AM
Overlord

Nov 2004
But didn't you hear what she said to Yasu about the person that left when she got there? She said something like, "Do you think he got the wrong idea?"

And then she said, "I want to be a friend like you are to me, all nice and whatever." Yasu replies with, "It isn't as easy as it looks".

I don't think Nana likes Yasu in that way. Perhaps in the future, but she's def still with Ren.
Jan 16, 2007 11:31 AM

Aug 2006
Xinil said:
But didn't you hear what she said to Yasu about the person that left when she got there? She said something like, "Do you think he got the wrong idea?"

And then she said, "I want to be a friend like you are to me, all nice and whatever." Yasu replies with, "It isn't as easy as it looks".

I don't think Nana likes Yasu in that way. Perhaps in the future, but she's def still with Ren.

I think she said all that to cover her ass. She looked a bit nervous. Yes, I think she still loves Ren... but I think she's starting to question that relationship. Honestly, I think she's been questioning it about the last 4 - 5 episodes. Especially when it comes to Ren wanting to start a family...

Mark my words... muahahaha
Jan 16, 2007 11:42 AM
Overlord

Nov 2004
Well that'll be really interesting then.

I kind of think Nana (Hachiko) will die giving birth to the baby. That'd totally screw this series up, lol.
Jan 16, 2007 11:45 AM

Aug 2006
Xinil said:
Well that'll be really interesting then.

I kind of think Nana (Hachiko) will die giving birth to the baby. That'd totally screw this series up, lol.

OMG... I didn't even think about that!! O_o All I know... is that all of the intros, first from Hachiko, now from Nana... talking to each other... it just sounds OMINOUS... I don't know if Hachiko dies... but I think something definitely comes between the two Nana's...

At first, when Hachiko was giving the narriatives, I thought it means that Nana was going to die by the end of the series. Now that Nana is giving the narriatives, I just don't know. But you know... something MAJOR is going to happen, I think, to seriously stress their friendship.
May 22, 2008 8:20 AM

Feb 2008
I seriously hope Hachi doesn't accept to marry with Takumi, the guy is getting on my nerves more than usual >_<
Jun 13, 2008 8:26 AM

Mar 2008
Xinil said:
She should be with Nobu. It's painfully frustrating what decisions she is making.

argh i know! she'd be so much happier with nobu, and he'd be there for her and the baby so much more.

Chelle said:
At first, when Hachiko was giving the narriatives, I thought it means that Nana was going to die by the end of the series. Now that Nana is giving the narriatives, I just don't know. But you know... something MAJOR is going to happen, I think, to seriously stress their friendship.

yeah i thought that too, the nana dies theory.

gah hachi is just so frustrating at the moment..but she is in a difficult situation =[
Aug 7, 2008 7:16 AM

Mar 2008
Chelle said:
And OMG!!! oOOOOoooo... what about Nana and Yasu???!!!??? I was thrown for a complete loop!!! I knew Yasu had feelings for Nana (they've been dropping hints all over the place.) But I never picked up on Nana's feelings for him... or was I just blind??? O_o

You're reading my mind. The narration at the beginning of the episode definitely made me wonder about the future of those two. It may be true Nana sees Yasu as her big brother, it wouldn't be the first time a Nana falls for a brother-like figure. Interesting theory.

Ashllee said:
yeah i thought that too, the nana dies theory.

I don't think Nana will die, as the manga isn't finished yet and that would mean hell a lot volumes without Nana. But I'm sure something really dramatic is going to happen.
Oct 29, 2008 2:04 AM

Mar 2008
ahhh junko, yay i liked all tht scolding, hopefully nana will now pull herself together and be able to pull through as a good mother.

and its great how finally shes not selfish and thinking about herself...tho it may just be the 'maternal instinct' which everyone knows.

DAMN poor nobu~~~ i liked him sooo much!!!!!!! poor him!! i feel so sorry for him, he sdeserves so better
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 10, 2008 11:14 PM

Jun 2007
Zetsuboushita!!! (pretty much all I have to say about the turn of events)
;.;

yes, I also think there is something going on with nanaxyasu for a while now...

so very sad D:
poor nobu<3 I hope something good happens to him
Jan 7, 2009 3:45 PM

Sep 2008
What the hell.
No! I want her to be with Nobu, why does she have to have the kid and marry that guy? Why?! And more importantly, why is it that whenever the lead girl gets pregnent in any of the books/anime I'm into, she always has this "can't get rid of it no matter what, must keep it even if it means sacrificing everything" attitude towards it? Sure, there is a such thing as motherly instinct, but she really loved Nobu (at least I thought she did >.<;;). And, really, she never loved Takumi at all. She just had sex with him whenever he wanted it cause she was loney and had no one else to turn to. So, I don't like that she's marrying this guy she doesn't love and giving up a guy she does, It pisses me off.
Ahh, I'm so weird. I absolutely love drama, yet whenever it happens it screws things up from the way I like them to be and I get mad at it. It's like, I absolutely hate where the stories going, but I love it cause of all the soap-opra-type drama. I make no sense to myself...
Jan 7, 2009 3:47 PM

Jul 2007
Yes, a very very disappointing turn of events...
That was oh-so-very good. The drama <3

Good luck, Nobuo ;.;
Jan 16, 2009 8:05 AM

Nov 2007
TT__TT
Apr 11, 2009 11:39 AM

Jun 2008
Tamaki's imagination on the begining is very funny :D
May 21, 2009 10:04 PM

Jun 2008
ok... now we see why hachi wasn't able to tell nobu... but still... even if she's doing this for nobu's sake... i still feel bad for nobu.. :(( i mean... if they just talk.. i guess they can figure something out... even nana's there to help them... i just wish, even if it was takumi's baby, that hachi would just choose nobu and work something out in a way that it wouldn't destory nobu's dream too... sigh.. :(( poor nobu...
Jun 22, 2009 4:33 AM

Jul 2008
Noooooo. *Weeps over Nobu's discarded and mangled body* I guess she will be able to be a normal housewife, but c'mon Hachiko, this can't be want you want right.
Aug 10, 2009 8:52 PM

Jan 2009
Well i respect Tamaki a lot more now. At least he is stepping up, and it does appear he has feelings for Hachiko. And Junko makes me so mad, she is such a bitch.
Oct 13, 2009 8:50 AM

Nov 2008
burntlettuce said:
Well i respect Tamaki a lot more now. At least he is stepping up, and it does appear he has feelings for Hachiko. And Junko makes me so mad, she is such a bitch.

Tamaki's reaction to seeing the open window shows that he cares more for Hachiko more than even he is probably willing to admit. As for Junko, she said it best when she said that if she didn't yell then Hachiko would probably not listen.
Dec 29, 2009 1:59 AM
Dec 2009
damn man, hachi realy drivin me crazy, i know she's being realistic but comon it's suppose to be a fairy tale not some norl relation ship. and i hate that ass takumi. poor Nobo im sad for him. well i think it's all cuz the lord demon
Feb 22, 2010 2:46 AM

Sep 2009
Hachi awakened my murderous intent that was sleeping inside of me. Such a fickle person cannot possibly exist.
Mar 19, 2010 9:22 PM
May 2008
Wow, Takumi is becoming hard to dislike and Nana(Hachi) is becoming hard to sympathize with.
Dead Account
Please Delete
May 3, 2010 9:55 PM

Jan 2009
Good ep, maybe Takumi has some heart to him.

May 4, 2010 7:09 AM

Apr 2009
I don't know what to say about Takumi, it's like he has two different persons inside of him. Or he is just putting on an act (though I still haven't figured out which one is the act and which one is the real him)

May 13, 2010 2:38 AM

Oct 2008
Poor Nobu. :<

Respects for Jun though.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Jun 10, 2010 9:34 PM

May 2008
Takumi is shaping up.
But he's also very deceiving...

NOBU. I hope you find someone who deserves you.
Jun 26, 2010 9:49 AM
Oct 2009
I don't like Takumi! He's scary......
Poor Nobu T_T Hachiko had to go for Nobu nog Takumi!
Aug 9, 2010 1:24 PM

Aug 2010
Aaaargh! I just finished the episode and I'm so angry to everyone right now... To Komatsu Nana, just for being her. Aargh. Why would you do such a thing to Nobu, and to yourself. I'm losing my hope in her and Nobu getting together. To Takumi for messing arond with Nana. I still don't like him and don't want him to be with Nana. And to Nobu for running away like that, leaving Nana alone. Stupid Nobu.
Nov 24, 2010 5:16 AM

Jun 2010
SirAd said:
Aaaargh! I just finished the episode and I'm so angry to everyone right now... To Komatsu Nana, just for being her. Aargh. Why would you do such a thing to Nobu, and to yourself. I'm losing my hope in her and Nobu getting together. To Takumi for messing arond with Nana. I still don't like him and don't want him to be with Nana. And to Nobu for running away like that, leaving Nana alone. Stupid Nobu.

This show is so painfully real isn't it? You see them do these things and think, "that's so stupid! I would have done this and this..." but when you're actually in the situation, you end up doing the same thing.. I'm glad such deep anime exist..
Dec 4, 2010 8:08 AM

Aug 2008
Well, I can say, I really liked and appreciate what Takumi did, seriously i like him much more after this episode. It's great how he told Hachi about wedding and how he get worried that she won't agree.

[i hoped it will be Nobu, however thumbs up for Takumi's behavior.]
Mar 22, 2011 3:58 PM

Aug 2010
holy shit this is getting me depressed.

i still cant agree with takumi. it's not certain what his intentions are, does he really love nana? why is he doing all of this for her? he acts like he doesnt give a shit sometimes but other times he acts maybe out of guilt? i wouldn't trust that douchebag just yet

nana should go with nobu and find her happiness

also, Jun and Kyousuke scene was nice, it's been awhile since they've been involved
Apr 27, 2011 4:11 PM

Jul 2008
I still think Takumi is all talk. As Akolatronic said, he can't be trusted just yet.
I write about manga → morningroo.com
and movies → letterboxd.com/ugla
May 10, 2011 5:56 AM

Sep 2008
In my opinion, Hachi's getting ahead of herself... and just doing what she thinks is best for the baby - and putting aside her own wants. After all, I can't help but think that she just can't seriously prefer Takumi over Nobu. And I also agree with what Junko said - that Hachi's going with Takumi so that she doesn't pull Nobu away from his dream of being a musician, in which case he probably couldn't support her.

Somehow, I still hope everything will end happily... though it's hard to picture.
Jul 3, 2011 9:43 PM
Jun 2009
Amphetamine said:
Hachi awakened my murderous intent that was sleeping inside of me. Such a fickle person cannot possibly exist.

Same here... I seriously feel like killing someone right now.

Women like Hachi are the absolute worst. I've never understood why they choose to have kids even when they know that it would mean ruining their life and the lives of those who love them. Even as a woman, I can't understand the irrationality of Hachi's decision.

I mean, her life could've been a fairytale! She's finally found a romantic and gentle guy who loves her and treats her well, but she's throwing everything away just to have the kid of someone she doesn't care for anymore. If it's a kid she wanted, she could wait until they're older and then marry and have a family with Nobu (it would've headed that way if things hadn't turned out like this).
Jul 31, 2011 7:47 AM

Oct 2009
Chelle said:
can I just smack some sense into Hachiko?

I'll join you!

I haven't liked Hachi but this episode just tops that off. She is so annoying, I feel for her and I understand how she doesn't know what to do or who to turn to, but goddamn it woman, you seriously need to think things through better.

I feel so terrible for Nobu.. I hate what Hachi has put him through.. she sleeps around too easily and she must have known before getting with Nobu that there was a chance of her being pregnant with Takumi's baby, so why get so quickly into his pants? and why make him fall in love with her more, just to run back to Takumi since he made that speech of wanting to provide for her?

She knows Nobu would to everything he could for her, he obviously thinks more of her than Takumi does, and he has been a much better partner. I know she doesn't want to ruin his career but why just break him down like that?

I want to cuddle Nobu.
Aug 21, 2011 12:07 PM

Jun 2009
What r u guys talking about? Who cares about about Nana and Yasu!

Takumi proposed! Unbelievable!?! i'm speechless
Aug 21, 2011 12:08 PM

Jun 2009
Amphetamine said:

That's what I've been saying all along! u know what I mean
Aug 22, 2011 2:19 PM

Mar 2011
Amphetamine said:

I really wished she was straight with Nobu...took up Ken's advice and informed him of what the fuck is going on.

Xinil said:

O.O
May 2, 2012 6:11 PM

Aug 2010
The mood of this show is so depressing right now.. I think things will continue you to get more sad from here.

You know a show is great when it makes you feel this way. This is the first time I watched a show like this.
May 11, 2012 8:48 PM

Nov 2011
God dammit, have an abortion already! >=(.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
May 19, 2012 7:10 PM

Mar 2011
Hachikooooo what the fuck are you dooooinnnggg?

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLE FLIP!
May 23, 2012 9:02 PM
Mar 2010
Mystere said:
Amphetamine said:

Same here... I seriously feel like killing someone right now.

Women like Hachi are the absolute worst. I've never understood why they choose to have kids even when they know that it would mean ruining their life and the lives of those who love them. Even as a woman, I can't understand the irrationality of Hachi's decision.

I mean, her life could've been a fairytale! She's finally found a romantic and gentle guy who loves her and treats her well, but she's throwing everything away just to have the kid of someone she doesn't care for anymore. If it's a kid she wanted, she could wait until they're older and then marry and have a family with Nobu (it would've headed that way if things hadn't turned out like this).
I'm not going to get into a morality debate or anything, and I partially agree with you. I know plenty of people my age (18) who are getting pregnant and having children. And I just have to ask, "what's the rush?" But I've got to play devils advocate and say that she's probably not having a baby to fuck around with her life or because she thinks she's ready for a baby. Hachi's having the baby because a) maternal instincts, and b) it was her silly mistake that she got pregnant in the first place. I think as a pregnant lady your thoughts carry you away. You start to think of how much of a terrible person you'd be for getting an abortion to better your life. Although I haven't had one, my friend has, and she's told me. It's silly to still be thinking that Hachiko's doing what's best for her; she's doing what's best for her baby now. The whole time I've been monitoring these discussion boards and there are COUNTLESS people talking about how selfish Hachi is. And the moment she sacrifices her happiness for someone elses life, she still gets reprimanded. Give the girl a break. She's in a very difficult position, and I think saying, "Be with Nobu! Fuck Takumi! Get an abortion!" is easier said then done.

"It's just...a bad dream! Wake up, wake up...!"
Jun 2, 2012 2:01 PM

Jul 2010
I'M SO RELIEVED! I'm really loving Takumi right now. He's annoying and pathetic, but he really loves Hachi, and that's so important. I do feel bad for Nobu, and I think him and Hachi make the better couple, but Takumi still is a good person who cares for Hachi.

But you have to say, Nobu and Hachi aren't the best couple either, because neither of them are responsible. Takumi is able to embody that pillar of support for Hachi that Nobu can't.
fishergirl16Jun 2, 2012 2:06 PM
Jun 12, 2012 12:46 PM

Dec 2009
I don't like where this is going. Not that the episode was bad, though. I love this series.
Aug 3, 2012 12:08 AM

Aug 2010
Does that girl have any feelings at all?? I know the "smart" thing to do is go with the guy who can actually be a support for her family...but after seeing her bitching through the whole series of being unable to find a "good" guy and now she has Nobu...still decides to go with Takumi...FFS! I'm pissed, hope something godly happens and turns this mess around for good.
Sep 14, 2012 3:00 PM

Jul 2012
fishergirl16 said:
I'M SO RELIEVED! I'm really loving Takumi right now. He's annoying and pathetic, but he really loves Hachi, and that's so important. I do feel bad for Nobu, and I think him and Hachi make the better couple, but Takumi still is a good person who cares for Hachi.

But you have to say, Nobu and Hachi aren't the best couple either, because neither of them are responsible. Takumi is able to embody that pillar of support for Hachi that Nobu can't.

I agree with this.
I actually prefer Takumi over Nobu even if Nobu is so adorable and kind.
Dec 5, 2012 8:56 PM

May 2012
It nice that Takumi will marry her.. but somehow i still have a feeling that something bad will happen in the future.. hehe, maybe there are still more episodes left and a lot of things might happen.. And I am actually rooting for Nobu but well, as long as there is a guy that will accept Nana as she is, then it is already fine with me...
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nana Episode 42 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Xinil - Jun 10, 2007

72 by kivuchan »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Nana Episode 47 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tainteddonut - Jul 28, 2007

388 by VICKY31 »»
May 22, 8:28 PM

Poll: » Nana Episode 39 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Chelle - Apr 25, 2007

86 by kivuchan »»
May 18, 9:59 AM

Poll: » Nana Episode 34 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Xinil - Feb 2, 2007

116 by akane_slays »»
May 13, 1:35 PM

» Does this anime still hold up

mydaddy - May 2

20 by LostSpectre »»
May 6, 7:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.