Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 1, 2007 1:21 AM
Overlord

Nov 2004
Okay, so Hachiko is definitely failing at life. Technically she did break it off with Takumi, just not as well as she could have. I really have no idea why she's apologizing so much to Nobu at the end.

Bah. Hachiko. :(
Koito91Jun 17, 2023 2:54 PM
Jan 3, 2007 9:10 AM

Aug 2006
Xinil said:
Bah. Hachiko. :(

Yeah... she's really, really getting on my nerves. So is the other Nana's possessiveness... I mean... REALLY!! I just really feel bad for Nobu. Love him sooo much.

Yes, she did a crappy job of breaking it off with Takumi, agreed... but I find it amusing that suddenly Takumi finds himself really really attracted to her... jerk... lol.

Here's hoping the baby is Nobu's, and they all wind up living happily ever after... lmao. **snort**

Jan 3, 2007 9:22 AM
Overlord

Nov 2004
It won't be Nobu's because they have to be as dick about the whole story as they possibly can.

Not to mention if it were Nobu's then I might actually be happy...and we definitely can't have that.
Jun 13, 2008 8:18 AM

Mar 2008
Xinil said:
It won't be Nobu's because they have to be as dick about the whole story as they possibly can.

Not to mention if it were Nobu's then I might actually be happy...and we definitely can't have that.

haha yeah we couldn't possibly make us happy now could we =[
nobu <3
Aug 7, 2008 6:42 AM

Mar 2008
Aww, Gawd, the drama is killing me~
I agree with Xinil...
Oct 18, 2008 6:14 AM

Sep 2008
WHY CANT SHE JUST SAY TO NOBU THAT THEY DID BREAK OFF!! >.<
Poor Nobu...
Jan 7, 2009 2:57 PM

Sep 2008
I'm confused. Didn't she technically break it off with him? I mean, sure, it wasn't very clear, but still. Even in her mind, thats how she was thinking.
I don't get it o__o
Regardless, I'm pissed. I want her to be with Nobu, I don't like her with Takumi D: Why couldn't she just get rid of it and act like it never happened? Why?!
May 21, 2009 9:36 PM

Jun 2008
WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH HACHI!?!?!?! she keeps on saying i'm sorry! can't she just explain to nobu!!!! ugh!! i knew it...
Jun 22, 2009 4:09 AM

Jul 2008
I suppose in a way she didn't break it off with Takumi, since there is something that ties the two of them together, this baby. I wonder what Nana will decide to do with the baby.
Jul 2, 2009 6:38 AM

Jun 2009
Hachi is such a BAKA!!! Why doesn't she tell Nobu that Takumi came uninvited and stuff like this, all sincerely? I think the idea is that she's so sorry for what's happening she just doesn't understand what she really should tell Nobu not to hurt him. So, Hachi is dying from guilt because of baby and (probably) Takumi's actions and Nobu's dying from thinking she's apologizing 'cause she hasn't break up with Takumi. Oh such a pity! It's 15 episodes till the end, so it won't be fixed up soon :(

I hope she'll decide to make an abortion.
Mar 18, 2010 9:53 PM
May 2008
Nana(Hachi) is really becoming an unlikable character, even though all the characters seem to have personal issues. Yasu seems to be the only one with a clear mind, followed by Shin surprisingly enough. Also, Takumi has definitely become a stronger character imo, and become so much more respectable.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Apr 2, 2010 9:17 AM

Oct 2009
Why does she keep apologising, she did break it off right?
There are obviously things she feels she needs to apologise for, but I don't see why that is one of them.
Apr 13, 2010 10:39 AM

Jun 2009
Powerful and depressing. The only happy parts were the scenes between Reira and Shin, who seem to be getting along quite well. Even that related to the rest of the story though, with the red string story.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
May 3, 2010 9:33 PM

Jan 2009
Super tense and depressing ep.
I'm so curious to find out who the father is!

May 12, 2010 7:08 AM

Oct 2008
Hachi.. stop apologising, you're annoying me and hurting poor Nobu. T__T
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Jun 10, 2010 3:40 PM

May 2008
Did anyone realize what Nana said at the end?!
This changes my mind about her dying eventually.

Also, I have so much sympathy for Hachi. It's not fair to her, Nobu or Takumi (as much as I can't stand him).

Wow though, that episode was mind-blowing.
Sep 13, 2010 4:00 PM

Feb 2009
This episode is one of the saddest ones I've watched since I started watching anime.
It really made me tear up.
Dec 4, 2010 7:40 AM

Aug 2008
Treefingers said:
Did anyone realize what Nana said at the end?!
This changes my mind about her dying eventually.

Agreed.

I don't know why Hachi can't explain to Nobu some things, well. And i don't know why but i felt a little bit of sympathy to Takumi.

btw. Shin is totally awesome, i like words he said to Reira.
kittygoesmadDec 4, 2010 8:01 AM
Mar 22, 2011 3:34 PM

Aug 2010
Shit I teared up badly

Hachi needs to learn how to express her self properly instead of just apologizing every second she gets
Apr 27, 2011 1:51 PM

Jul 2008
I'm kind of speechless. The last few episodes have been so intense. I just hope Hachi is able to sort her life out.
I write about manga → morningroo.com
and movies → letterboxd.com/ugla
May 9, 2011 4:14 AM

Sep 2008
Another super intense and involved episode. I highly doubt that Hachi can really think clearly at the moment... especially when you consider that a pregnant woman's hormones are all over the place - making her suuuper emotional and, at least in Hachi's case, probably a bit incoherent in terms of their thoughts...

Hope she manages to sort everything out... soon. It would be really nice to have a happy ending to this little arc in the story.
Jun 10, 2011 9:53 AM

Mar 2009
merle_noir said:
Another super intense and involved episode. I highly doubt that Hachi can really think clearly at the moment... especially when you consider that a pregnant woman's hormones are all over the place - making her suuuper emotional and, at least in Hachi's case, probably a bit incoherent in terms of their thoughts...

This. So much. She's pregnant, it's almost definitely her ex's, and now the guy she really loves is aware of it. There's no freaking way she's alright, and it's not like she had the greatest self-esteem or endurance to begin with.

Nobu just makes it worse, too. When he sees her, all he can think of is getting an explanation to justify what Hachi can't even justify to herself. Takumi is already doing a better job of 'taking responsibility.'
Hachi's quite possibly more mature than Nobu in some ways, but she got that by screwing up a lot. Takumi is responsible, and rich, and even if he's disturbingly possessive he does love her and want to take care of her and the child. Even if Nobu and Hachi are better for each other, Takumi is the one who can fix some of Hachi's mistakes.

Hachi's weak, and she knows it. Takumi is already the option she will most likely go for.

In other news, I think I enjoy watching screwed up people in pain.
Jul 28, 2011 1:23 AM

Jul 2011
senerikfred said:
merle_noir said:

This. So much. She's pregnant, it's almost definitely her ex's, and now the guy she really loves is aware of it. There's no freaking way she's alright, and it's not like she had the greatest self-esteem or endurance to begin with.

Nobu just makes it worse, too. When he sees her, all he can think of is getting an explanation to justify what Hachi can't even justify to herself. Takumi is already doing a better job of 'taking responsibility.'
Hachi's quite possibly more mature than Nobu in some ways, but she got that by screwing up a lot. Takumi is responsible, and rich, and even if he's disturbingly possessive he does love her and want to take care of her and the child. Even if Nobu and Hachi are better for each other, Takumi is the one who can fix some of Hachi's mistakes.

Hachi's weak, and she knows it. Takumi is already the option she will most likely go for.

i also enjoy watching screwed up people in pain not only because its kinda funny lol but because i learn from thier mistakes and i dont have to make any
Aug 21, 2011 11:34 AM

Jun 2009
senerikfred said:
merle_noir said:

Well by now if Shoji had any doubt about choosing Sachiko over Hachi I think that should clear it up for him.
Aug 22, 2011 1:43 PM

Mar 2011
Xinil said:

^
Jan 20, 2012 8:25 PM
Dec 2011
meneope said:
Well by now if Shoji had any doubt about choosing Sachiko over Hachi I think that should clear it up for him.
Jan 23, 2012 7:49 PM
Aug 2011
I may be alone in this, but I think there is more to Hachi's relationship with Takumi. A few episodes back she talks about how Takumi is the only person that can see her how she really is and forgive her for it. Nobu does idealize Hachi a lot, when Takumi accepts her with her flaws. Plus, Takumi did not hesitate one bit when he realized she was pregnant. He is frighteningly possessive, but he will be able to care for her and a baby (also, the baby is most likely his). As possessive as he is, I don't think he will want to let go of his own child.
Mar 19, 2012 5:11 PM

Sep 2011
Woman.
May 11, 2012 6:12 PM

Nov 2011
God dammit Hachi, just freakin say that you didn't cheat on Nobu, because you didn't! It sounds like to Nobu that Hachi has been having an affair! God dammit.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Jun 2, 2012 1:29 PM

Jul 2010
Somebody kill me right now. 'Cause I'm really loving Takumi. He seems so loving and strong and controlled. He provides a pillar of support for Hachi that Nobu just can't seem to bring. If I was in Hachi's situation, I'd honestly want to go back to Takumi.

And at the end Hachi should have told Nobu the truth because it was honestly not her fault that Takumi came back.

I hate myself for this, but I really want Hachi to go back to Takumi. It's true now that he loves her, and he has the ability to take care of the child. No matter how much nicer and whimsical Nobu and Hachi are, Takumi is the way to go in my eyes.
Jun 11, 2012 2:12 PM

Dec 2009
Hachi did end things with Takumi, not in a way I would have done it, but she kind of did... Meh, I have a lot of things to say about this but I guess I'll just watch and see how things turn out.
Jul 20, 2012 8:06 PM
Mar 2012
Hannarin said:
WHY CANT SHE JUST SAY TO NOBU THAT THEY DID BREAK OFF!! >.<
Poor Nobu...

Because she didnt. She just yelled at him on the phone.

By the way, Naokis description of Hachi to Yasu was gold.
superseiyanJul 20, 2012 8:16 PM
Jan 12, 2013 3:40 PM
Mar 2012
anime_addiction4 said:
meneope said:

Right here bro!
Feb 16, 2013 7:11 AM

Jan 2012
I can't help but laugh at the situation, because not only Hachiko can't decide in love business, but she can't decide about pretty much anything that's important. She is just useless beyond imagination.

Feb 28, 2013 5:49 AM

Oct 2011
Why does everyone hate Takumi? I think he's a much greater character than Hachi ... heck, even Shouji is. At least they don't suffer from a serious case of indecisiveness.
Mar 3, 2013 10:40 AM
Jan 2013
Seems like both, Nana and Takumi want to have Hachiko for themselves. Though being possesive is never good, choosing between those two Nana's possesiveness would turn out better for Nana-chan... if only she didn't ran away, I see she dind't want to be sellfish.. but she left her all alone with only Takumi being there for her. Nobu is weak as well, he tries to bed to be just a good guy, while that's not what she needs now.
May 25, 2013 2:38 PM

Mar 2013
That blond guy from Trapnest needs more screen time. I don't even remember his name mweh.
Aug 7, 2013 4:37 AM

Dec 2012
Hachiko apologizing over and over again made me so sad aw poor girl. Poor Nobu. Poor Takumi. Poor Nana. Jfc every thing's so sad right now.

Now Nana is doing the opening and ending commentary? How interesting.
Oct 9, 2013 1:12 AM

Jul 2013
I don't understand at all why Hachi was apologizing so much at the end. She made it seem as though she was cheating on Nobu with Takumi. Seeing Nobu cry nearly made me cry.
I have to say, I do like Takumi. He's possessive, like Nana but also like Nana, I am really fond of him. He's caring in his own way.
Also, as much as I am against abortion, I think that would be the best way from this situation. The child could end up growing up in a life of drama and blame which he/she shouldn't deserve.
I have to remind myself that this isn't real and I shouldn't be getting so emotional...
Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!
- Doflamingo
Jan 26, 2014 7:08 AM

May 2012
Well I do wonder what she'll do next, keep it or not, personally it would just be easier than to live in doubt for all those months...

But well I do wonder what will happen next!
Apr 9, 2014 11:01 AM

Aug 2013
Well even if Hachi did end her relationship with Takumi (though one-sided), it doesn't change the fact that she's pregnant with Takumi's child.

Nobu's right. Maybe Nana should just be the father. Damn it why can't it be Nana x Hachiko. Then we won't have this drama T__T
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jun 5, 2014 4:22 AM

Jan 2014
So, nobody in this anime is actually bad, after all. ^___^
Most of them just... don't think about the consequences,
which is actually a two-edged sword. Accurate 100 % irl.
Jun 22, 2014 7:46 AM

Jul 2013
Touka said:
I'm kind of speechless. The last few episodes have been so intense. I just hope Hachi is able to sort her life out.

So true! Everything is becoming really intense. Lots of drama, and problems have been going on for Hachi.
Oct 14, 2014 11:01 AM
Jun 2014
I'd like her to abort the baby

Dec 6, 2014 6:29 PM

Nov 2014
Such an intense episode. Even though she should open her mouth and stop saying sorry so much, I feel bad for Hachi.
Jan 31, 2015 7:09 PM

Oct 2013
FestinaLente said:
So, nobody in this anime is actually bad, after all. ^___^
Most of them just... don't think about the consequences,
which is actually a two-edged sword. Accurate 100 % irl.

None of them are bad, but a number of them are radically immature.

Nana had better not get an abortion. If she does, she'll seal herself as the most immature character I've ever seen in an anime.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Jun 3, 2015 4:21 PM

Mar 2015
I know I know humans are flawed and not perfect but Hachi is really immature and irresponsible for no real good reason.I'm sure girls like this exists irl aswell,but I have a hard time feeling sorry for someone who sleeps with "every" guy she meets and is then shocked and desperate that she's pregnant.Sorry for saying that but Hachi is a whiny bitch and she has no reason to be one,she herself is responsible for that and yet she doesn'T even realize that...I'm really not someone who easily hates a character but Hachi is one of the worst and most annoying I've ever seen.A character like her has so much potential...
Sorry for the little text,but she's pissing me off as I personally know someone like her.
Anyway I still think the anime is great and this episode was good aswell,I really like the direction it's going.
Jul 7, 2015 10:12 AM

Jun 2013
Well this episode broke my heart :(
Jul 7, 2015 10:14 AM

Jun 2013
I really wish all this hate on hachi would stop though :(
Jul 21, 2015 6:07 PM

Oct 2013
SakurasouBusters said:
I really wish all this hate on hachi would stop though :(

You can't completely blame them for hating her though. I don't hate her myself and in the end I don't think she's the one to put all the blame on, but on the other hand it's not like Hachi is innocent from all this. I don't know man.. this show is definitely one of a kind.

I have literally no idea how this is gonna end, I just hope no one puts an end to their life by the end.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nana Episode 47 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tainteddonut - Jul 28, 2007

388 by VICKY31 »»
May 22, 8:28 PM

Poll: » Nana Episode 39 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Chelle - Apr 25, 2007

86 by kivuchan »»
May 18, 9:59 AM

Poll: » Nana Episode 34 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Xinil - Feb 2, 2007

116 by akane_slays »»
May 13, 1:35 PM

» Does this anime still hold up

mydaddy - May 2

20 by LostSpectre »»
May 6, 7:39 PM

Poll: » NANA Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

jacobpaige - Mar 23, 2008

102 by nelsonnnn »»
Apr 28, 5:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.