Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Dec 18, 2006 4:45 AM

Aug 2006
This episode is now out.  I'll have to wait until I get home to d/l.  I can't wait to see Nana's (rocker Nana) reaction when Hachiko tells her.
Koito91Jun 17, 2023 2:53 PM
Dec 19, 2006 11:35 PM
Overlord

Nov 2004
Finally got around to watching this episode. I found it funny how everyone was talking about motherhood in this one (yet they haven't even touched it in the previous 30 episodes, heh).

Takumi is a prick. *kicks Takumi* Nana should have told Nobu herself of course, but Takumi has no right to tell Nobu like that.

God I hope it's Nobu's.
Dec 20, 2006 4:50 AM

Aug 2006
Yes, Takumi is a real prick. I almost felt sorry for him, until he called Nobu and spilled the beans. **kicks Takumi after Xinil is finished**

I hope it's Nobu's, too. He's such a sweetheart.

Takumi saying he would raise the baby, etc... lol... well DUH... if it's his, he SHOULD HELP.

I feel bad for Nana (rocker), too. Ren wants a baby so bad, and she's smart enough to realize that she's not ready to be a mother. I do respect that about her.
Dec 20, 2006 6:33 AM
Overlord

Nov 2004
Ren's an idiot for wanting a baby already, especially without being married.
Jun 12, 2008 6:54 AM

Mar 2008
Chelle said:
Yes, Takumi is a real prick. I almost felt sorry for him, until he called Nobu and spilled the beans.

haha yeah i had those thoughts too..
..but i dont know what to think anymore!
i <3 nobu - and love him and hachi together. but the baby is almost definately takumi's - and it looks like takumi is really starting to like hachi, although this may be his possessive nature ?

and the narration at the start of the episodes are starting to fill me with dread (for lack of a better word), especially hachi saying she keeps calling nana's name but she wont answer ='[
they always give a glimpse of the future and it seems to sad =[
Aug 7, 2008 5:42 AM

Mar 2008
Oh, Takumi, you're being an asshole again. Hachi should've told Nobu herself, it's so mean!

I don't believe him, that Takumi, he says he'll raise the child, but he've told more lies in the past and I don't think he's responsible enough to care about a child he didn't even wish for.
Jan 7, 2009 2:23 PM

Sep 2008
Oh, gosh >.<
No! Takumi's such a jerk. I don't like him, and I'm really hoping that somehow the baby isn't his....
Jan 26, 2009 1:20 PM

Oct 2008
Oh, wow! Takumi, you're losing your fans! Then again, i don't recall you having any fans!
I can't believe Nana is pregnant! I really hope it's Nobu's baby. But he reall doesn't look like much of a parental figure.
Apr 5, 2009 4:11 PM

Mar 2009
I hope Nobu is the dad.

May 21, 2009 9:11 PM

Jun 2008
uh oh.. whats gonna happen now???
Jun 22, 2009 3:36 AM

Jul 2008
Idk, it was kinda a dick move to lock the door and call Nobu against Nana's wishes, but he is willing to take responsibility for the child regardless of who the father is.
Mar 18, 2010 9:21 PM
May 2008
Best episode yet, and I'm really starting to rethink previous notions about Takumi. He actually seems like a genuine guy now, even if the locking the door and forcing the news on Nobu was kind of a "dick move."
Dead Account
Please Delete
Apr 14, 2010 10:54 AM

Nov 2007
OMG TAKUMI IS GOING TO KILL NOBU

The kid is probably takumi's, is she with nobu for six weeks?
May 3, 2010 9:10 PM

Jan 2009
Takumi is such an insensitive prick! Asking Nobu what he wants to do about the child after he spilled the beans was a complete dick move.

May 12, 2010 6:37 AM

Oct 2008
I so hope it's Nobu's.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Jun 9, 2010 8:20 PM

May 2008
I cried in sync with Hachiko.
Jul 28, 2010 5:27 AM

Jun 2010
ColdBeans said:
Takumi is such an insensitive prick! Asking Nobu what he wants to do about the child after he spilled the beans was a complete dick move.

Totally agree. Seems as he really want Nana. Tho saying he want to raise that child isn't what Nana need to hear right now.

I don't think of her as a girl that can't make an abortion, even so it's a hard decision to make. She needs a good friend to wake her up and help her make the right decision.
...Who's baby it is is not what matters. She don't have any money and Nobo won't be abel to support her. Going back together with Takumi just for the child's sake probably won't make her happy even if she won't regret keeping it.
Sep 3, 2010 11:50 AM

Feb 2009
I don't understand why everyone is againt Takumi.This was a step that needed to be done.Nobu needed to know about this problem...and Hachi probably wouldn't have told him.
"This Forest isn't going to reveal all its secrets for the likes of you."
Dec 3, 2010 1:49 PM

Aug 2008
I wonder will she make abortion or not, and what will be Nana's reaction about Hachiko's pregnacy.
Dec 11, 2010 4:06 AM

May 2009
I'm in the middle of re-watching, and once again, this is the episode where my dislike for Takumi starts to soften. Of course, it's the opposite for most people, where the Takumi hate just intensifies.

In this case, though, he was older than both Nobu and Nana, and probably thought the onus was on him to take responsibility. And I can't blame him, he knows those two, and how fickle and indecisive they are, so, well, that's one stress off Hachi's mind.
Feb 2, 2011 11:33 PM
Nov 2010
Okay, I literally had to take a deep breath after seeing this episode, because HONESTLY, what a mess this is turning into, but I mean I guess it was to expected. It seems like it might be Takumi's baby, but I seriously hope not. Well, there's only one way to find out - paternity test! But damn that Takumi, I knew he would try to get in the way of their relationship (although the pregnancy would have, sooner or later) which is why, as I said in a previous episode discussion, that Hachi should have made sure that Takumi GOT the message about their break-up before moving on with Nobuo and forgetting about it.

And as someone said earlier, I too kind of felt sorry for Takumi not really knowing about their break-up in this episode, because he really looked like he was starting to show some actual feelings for Hachi - that is, until he stole her phone and went back to being an a*hole. >=O
Once a jerk, always a jerk. If Hachi gets back with him just because of the baby, she'll be treated like an object, and she'll never find happiness with him, nor will her baby.

I just wish Nobuo and Hachi could finally find some peace together in their lives, and live happily ever after! <:*(

Mar 22, 2011 3:10 PM

Aug 2010
holy shit this is just really fucked up
Apr 1, 2011 1:34 AM

Feb 2010
I just realized the new opening is based on pregnancy!! Hello! Nana in the water womb, the umbilical cord in when she's singing! & The spiderweb aka trapnest
Apr 27, 2011 1:10 PM

Jul 2008
ZETSUBOU SHITA! NANA NI ZETSUBOU SHITA!

Wow, things really have gone pete tong.

jekk said:
I just realized the new opening is based on pregnancy!! Hello! Nana in the water womb, the umbilical cord in when she's singing! & The spiderweb aka trapnest

Well spotted. Some nice symbolism there.
I write about manga → morningroo.com
and movies → letterboxd.com/ugla
May 8, 2011 5:15 AM

Sep 2008
Athena said:
In this case, though, he was older than both Nobu and Nana, and probably thought the onus was on him to take responsibility. And I can't blame him, he knows those two, and how fickle and indecisive they are, so, well, that's one stress off Hachi's mind.

I have to agree, in a way. Because Takumi said that, Nana at least knows now that there will be some sort of support system for her child and herself, should she actually decide to keep it (and it looks like she will do so). I hope Nobu responds similarly, and says he'd be willing to be the father... regardless of who the father actually is.

Can't believe that both Nanas have the same OB/GYN! I wonder if NANA already talked about having a kid with Ren -- seriously, I mean, not in the joking way they sort of banter about the birth control pill NANA takes,
Jul 16, 2011 11:09 PM

Jul 2008
Urufuzu_rein said:
I don't understand why everyone is againt Takumi.This was a step that needed to be done.Nobu needed to know about this problem...and Hachi probably wouldn't have told him.

I don't see what was wrong with her plan of getting an abortion and moving on.
Jul 28, 2011 12:51 AM

Jul 2011
GarLogan78 said:
Urufuzu_rein said:

I don't see what was wrong with her plan of getting an abortion and moving on.

he never said she couldnt have an abortion he said if she----> chose<----- to keep the baby he would support her and i believe nobu needed to know if he could somehow possibly be the baby daddy
Jul 28, 2011 12:57 AM

Jul 2011
merle_noir said:
Athena said:

I have to agree, in a way. Because Takumi said that, Nana at least knows now that there will be some sort of support system for her child and herself, should she actually decide to keep it (and it looks like she will do so). I hope Nobu responds similarly, and says he'd be willing to be the father... regardless of who the father actually is.

Can't believe that both Nanas have the same OB/GYN! I wonder if NANA already talked about having a kid with Ren -- seriously, I mean, not in the joking way they sort of banter about the birth control pill NANA takes,

yeah lol they do have the same obgyn!!! i hadnt noticed that!!! but regarding the ren and nana situation i dont thonk nana talk to ren about having kids until she sure she wants a kid/kids
Jul 28, 2011 1:01 AM

Jul 2011
but lastly i have a question and i'll probably end up googleing it but is it possible to get pregnant again while already pregnant because wouldnt it be nice if hachi had twins and one was nobu's and the other was takumi's... i mean because if she's 6weeks preggo then when she screwed nobu she was already preggo.. im just saying its probably not realistic but it would be nice
Aug 21, 2011 10:44 AM

Jun 2009
Call me by what ever name you want but this is what happen when you live a wretched life, isn't it?
Aug 22, 2011 1:10 PM

Mar 2011
T_T
Dec 25, 2011 12:50 AM

Mar 2009
She shouldn't have opened the door. Oh well. Typically she would.
Mar 19, 2012 4:49 PM

Sep 2011
gjsdgbsdjgsdgsd
May 11, 2012 5:50 PM

Nov 2011
JUST GET A ABORTION ASSHOLE! >=(. Screw maternal instinct!

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
May 19, 2012 5:50 PM

Mar 2011
Seriously...fuck Takumi. Like I knew he was bad news from the start, but he is a controlling, narcissistic asshole.

Even if Hachi never told either of them, that is totally her decision. If she had just had the abortion, neither of them would have had to know. And well, if Hachi decided to keep it, then obviously should would have to tell someone. If she didn't it would show over time. And I almost guarantee that if she did decide to keep it, whether or not it was Takumi's, I'm sure she would want Nobu to raise it. I think she was completely over Takumi at that point, it's none of his business anymore.

What makes Takumi an asshole is that he made her decision for her. He didn't trust her enough to let her handle it herself. Like, she was probably struggling with it as it is, and then Takumi just made her situation a lot worse for her.

With that being said, I LOVE THIS ANIME! Definitely one of my faves. <3
May 23, 2012 11:37 PM

Jan 2012
Breathtaking
Jun 2, 2012 1:02 PM

Jul 2010
Wow, that was absolutely positively amazing. I'm now sure that Takumi cares in some way about Hachi, but I think it's more like he wants to take care of the child because he wants a 'purpose in life'. I'm really interested to see Nobu's reaction. The problem with Nobu is that he's immature and he wasn't able to see the consequences of sex.

Takumi is being mature, and I respect that. I feel like he's trying to create some control in the situation, even though he's spiting Nobu in the process purposely.
Jun 11, 2012 1:39 PM

Dec 2009
Why did Takumi had to call Nobu... effing dick.
Jul 16, 2012 5:42 PM
Mar 2012
Xinil said:

Takumi is a prick. *kicks Takumi* Nana should have told Nobu herself of course, but Takumi has no right to tell Nobu like that.

Am I the only one that picked up that for Takumi, in his mind, Hachi was still his girl and that they'd never broken up? And I can sympathize with him on that. Hachi's breakup was very weak, basically she just yelled at him in a temper. "I hate you!". Girls do that all the time.

Given that, he acted pretty calmly under the circumstances, and showed boldness and leadership.
Dec 5, 2012 8:07 PM

May 2012
I was not expecting that Takumi would say that.. he will keep the baby as his own?!?!?! seems like he is pretty serious with Nana.. but it seems too good to be true.
Dec 29, 2012 7:38 PM

Jun 2011
FOR FUCKS SAKE TAKUMI
Jan 12, 2013 3:29 PM
Mar 2012
rebelakuma said:
I was not expecting that Takumi would say that.. he will keep the baby as his own?!?!?! seems like he is pretty serious with Nana.. but it seems too good to be true.

This and I don't know if he really means it or not. Also Nana(rocker) shouldn't have a kid if she isn't ready!
Feb 16, 2013 6:59 AM

Jan 2012
So will she keep the kid or not. Come on, I can't take this tension.

Feb 26, 2013 11:25 AM
Jan 2013
This series is all about possessive nature of ppl.. practically everyone there has some, and Takumi is a master in this matter. It feels like he doesn't treat her even like a dog.. that's way worse, because he knows how weak Hachiko is. If not for that, he would be just a regular asshole.

And reading the comments here I somehow feel you can easily tell who's female who's male... It's her body nobody should take control over it but she. No matter how indecisive she is... 'coz she's always choosing easier options (that she may not even want), isn't she?
May 25, 2013 2:07 PM

Mar 2013
I laughed when I saw Takumi's first reaction, untill I realized he probably wouldn't go away without doing some stupid actions and I was right...
Aug 7, 2013 4:09 AM

Dec 2012
I knew everyone was going to be talking about maternal related stuff and make Hachi feel even more awkward about the baby.

Didn't see Takumi volunteering to take care of his own child though, if it is his... It was unnecessary for him to call Nobu, especially on Nana's phone... just complicates things even more. Can't be helped though. Nana probably wouldn't have told Nobu and kept it all to herself.

Everyone was bound to find out anyways.

-sigh- I wonder how Nobu's going to take it.
Oct 17, 2013 1:39 AM

Feb 2013
Holy fucking shit!!!!
Jan 26, 2014 6:50 AM

May 2012
I just knew this was going to get quite complicated! I do wonder what Nobu will do now the truth is out and well I do still wonder what action Nana will take and if she really going to keep the baby or not!
Feb 3, 2014 10:07 PM
Jan 2010
I'm not a fan of Takumi's but I somehow ended up cheering for Takumi to make the call. As much as I find Hachiko's personality endearing, she is toying with people's lives at this point, having a baby isn't something that she gets to decide on her own, and keeping it a secret from Nobu just shows how immature she is.

Personally I think she should abort, but I also think she should have told Nobu or even Nana from the start.
Feb 7, 2014 7:29 PM

Aug 2013
OH MY GOSH! Now Nobu knows!
Even though it was out of the line for Takumi to tell Nobu that Hachi was prego, it was still sorta nice to hear him say that he would take care of Nana and her baby if it was his or not...
hmm...
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nana Episode 42 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Xinil - Jun 10, 2007

72 by kivuchan »»
Yesterday, 4:44 PM

Poll: » Nana Episode 47 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tainteddonut - Jul 28, 2007

388 by VICKY31 »»
May 22, 8:28 PM

Poll: » Nana Episode 39 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Chelle - Apr 25, 2007

86 by kivuchan »»
May 18, 9:59 AM

Poll: » Nana Episode 34 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Xinil - Feb 2, 2007

116 by akane_slays »»
May 13, 1:35 PM

» Does this anime still hold up

mydaddy - May 2

20 by LostSpectre »»
May 6, 7:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.