Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 16, 2023 11:44 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Surprised that nobody made the thread but oh well

Aoi's illness made this episode super tense and even though I was expecting what happened, it still hit me hard TwT

I hope that everything will be fine in the finale because

Jun 16, 2023 12:33 PM

Feb 2019
“Oh God, I’m begging you, please let me play golf with Eve. I don’t care if I never play golf again” 😭 dawg what happened to my happy Yuri bait golf show? It’s so much suffering now. I just want the girls to be happy.

Based on the episode title for next week we can pretty safely assume that Aoi survives, but at what cost? I feel like this match is gonna cost her her ability to play and she’ll go on to coach with her dad or something.

I really don’t want this show to end next week I hope we get a third season but with Sunrise you never know 😩 LL broke that curse recently but it ain’t guaranteed.
Jun 16, 2023 12:36 PM

Dec 2020
Aoi really is at the limit she fell two times i hope she can play with eve again and we see who is the best.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Jun 16, 2023 2:25 PM
Aug 2020
Damn that moment eve encouraged aoi and when she feel damn whata scene. If she wins and die, il rate this 1000. Even tho i would def feel bad her death would be meaningfull and pretty in badass way .
Jun 16, 2023 3:27 PM

Aug 2018
Errr, felt like the end of the road for Aoi (at least in terms of golfing). I'll reassure myself by remembering her father is still alive so... perhaps she also inherited his resistance ?

I don't know how they're going to wrap things up though. Was kinda hoping for another season, granted they would take the last 2 episodes to purely play golf, next season on line being the final face-off for our protagonists. But at this stage, it seems very unlikely. 
Jun 16, 2023 5:08 PM
Mar 2016
Unless we get a change next episode Aoi forfeits because she failed to complete Hole 18, meaning it'll be Juha vs Eve. Kinda makes sense, as I couldn't picture Eve vs Aoi being a stressful final episode if they like each other so much.

Wouldn't it be wild if, after all this work and craziness, the two wind up broken and unable to play pro anymore, and their one game is a goofy, unimpressive mess on a local mini-golf course?
Jun 16, 2023 5:20 PM

Jan 2021
Aoi nooooo, why she just wanted to play golf with Eve. She shined so bright and continues to do so despite her disease. I have a feeling she will have to forfeit in sake of her health. Juha vs Eve next episode maybe Aoi with give Eve her shining wings club so Aoi can fight too. IDK that's what I love about this anime. How are they going to conclude this episode?
Jun 16, 2023 6:41 PM

Dec 2021
Would be funny if Aoi and Eve follow their dad by having their next generation playing with each other for them instead.
道 
Jun 16, 2023 10:24 PM
Mar 2021
1 episode left, I wonder how the finale will be executed next week. I find Eve plays more calm. Meanwhile, Aoi plays more aggressive, but what a cost.
Jun 17, 2023 1:22 AM

Jul 2017
The British Women's Open has everyone's performances at stake, including America's 3-time Prize Queen Lunar Empress Juha Hamihail. And she's not the only one on watch, along with Eve and Aoi.

Juha vs. Eve vs. Aoi: the Moon vs. Rainbow Bullet Burst vs. Shining Wings 48, the 3-way exciting and exhilarating finale golf match for one to emerge the victor from the harshly difficult St. Annlies golf course. With rivals breathing down Juha's neck, both Aoi and Eve are fighting each other in spirit and in truth, all the more leaving her behind...that's she still withholding her trump card still awaiting to be shown. Of course, the usage of the trump cards wear down on both Aoi and Eve, and Juha capitalized on this opportunity seeing Aoi like the wax-created winged Ikaros that flew too high to the sun and lost his capability to fly.

The dream of Aoi to face off against Eve, has taken all the way from their first meeting, to now, she has never given up, and not like Ikaros, she carried the hopes through her golf, to play to their hearts' content...only to fall, just like how Juha had presumed that she would do so. Really, Aoi's the drama queen, but she presses on, just for the final push, even if this golf meant that she will never be able to play golf again.

Will Aoi survive, or that this show-off be just Juha and Eve's alone?
Jun 17, 2023 2:01 AM

Sep 2018
Yikes, fairly ominous signs there. Wonder what they're going to do for the final episode? A shame they did nothing with the yuribait from this first season, as they often do. Overall, S1 was better, especially with the breakneck pacing at the end of this season.
Jun 17, 2023 5:43 AM

Oct 2016
I am in fucking p a i n, it's the last episode and Aoi is dying, but most importantly, it's the last episode, FUCKING AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

I am going to try to be hopeful though, if Aoi and Eve's promise still isn't fulfilled, that means we get another season with them finally not getting cockblocked and Aoi miraculously recovering from golf aids :D. Yes, I am huffing on hopium. 

Either way, I still can't wait for the last episode and I am going to miss this show so fucking much. 
Jun 17, 2023 6:59 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Oh look, a very brief shot of introductory about our last opponent here trying to predict shit with ton of personal analyst and 'karen' as her caddy. But lady forgot that she fight against the duo mc. So yeah its already way too late to move up the gear, Madam!

I like how dramatic this thing ends with Aoi pushing so damn hard because its fun, and then dying. Eve looking so pissed off with the mate lying on the ground but actually reject the idea to help Aoi to finish the round by shouldering her smh.

Rest in peace for the fin might be a perfect end for this, honestly xd
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jun 17, 2023 9:14 PM
Mar 2022
I love this show so much. started watching expecting a one episode dissatisfaction and quick drop. I was amazed and drawn in. one of the favorite 23 minutes each and every week.
Jun 18, 2023 3:40 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Noooooooooo it was all great until Aoi fainted... it was to expect I guess :/ I hope it doesn't mean it will end this way :(
Jun 18, 2023 4:22 AM

May 2021
Wow, they're really going for the tragic ending here. Aoi will likely survive but RIP her career.

Jun 18, 2023 8:26 AM
Mar 2015
Aoi goes down for the count
Jun 18, 2023 11:41 AM

Jun 2016
fk this !!

i cant watch anymore , watchin ai more suffer and suffer like this !!
Jun 18, 2023 3:06 PM

Sep 2021
I'm still not sure how I feel about Aoi's disease. It was so beautiful how she was so good at golf way back just because she loved it! She deserves to live that life! Why does she have to suffer so much???

But this episode finally reconnects to this season's 4th. After that truly awful "Qualifiers" Arc in between, all the drama and tension is back! Aoi and Eve reunited, giving their all on the court. Plus there's Juha, who is still not at the level of Rose, but a rival that seems to be more than just cannon fodder.

Since I doubt Birdie Wing will have another season, I'm going into the finale with a lot of excitement, but also a bit of sadness, as I only just got the show I loved back. So I don't want it to be taken away again!
Jun 19, 2023 12:13 AM

Oct 2008
w0w, they're really going in for the tragic drama huh...
5/5.

Jun 19, 2023 1:52 AM

Nov 2017
Don't quit on me yuri! The power of friendship (or love) will carry Aoi!
Why do I feel sad vibes coming from this one ;/
Jun 19, 2023 9:40 AM

Aug 2021
if they dont get to play together im never watching anime again
Jun 19, 2023 10:56 AM

Nov 2013
oh fuck off with all this "my last tournament" bullshit
this anime was so much better before they had this idea zzzzzzzzzzz

anyway, as tragic as this is, it was at least a nice setup for the last episode, hopefully their fight will be good

next episode will be the last one for this season, and unless Aoi can recover and play for a lot longer, than there's little hope for more of this story
they could still focus on Eve, but then the anime would lose half it's reason to exist anyway...
fav "new" girls from spring <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Jun 19, 2023 10:16 PM

Oct 2017
You can't just do that and end the episode there bro. Wtf man. This is so cruel. Let them keep their promise. Let them play.
Jun 20, 2023 10:17 AM
Dec 2017
So much emotion with this cliffhanger.
What happens now with only one last episode.
I don't want to see this friendship ends tragically. I want more all in one, eagle and birdies from Aoi and Eve
Jun 22, 2023 11:56 PM

Aug 2019
this episode had me so nervous knowing what most likely will happen if she continued playing, but it still sucks seeing Aoi in this condition
Jun 23, 2023 1:14 PM

Nov 2016
This ain't as bad as what happened Ippo and Miyata.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 25, 2023 5:49 AM

Nov 2013
just like the previous episode, i was loving the show and everything until this bullshit illness drama had to come in, now this episode was just like "oh it's fun so far, but in a few minutes she will fall down and lose" yeah very fun to watch ...

i don't know what to expect of the last episode, but i'm 90% sure i'll drop my score from 9 to 6/7 if Aoi doesn't at least end happy, playing or not, at least let her be happy <.<
fav "new" girls from spring <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Jul 2, 2023 10:15 PM

May 2010
That ending went all Dezaki on us for a moment there, and to great effect. Kudos to the director, and shame that he hasn't tried to make interesting choices like that earlier in the series. Ikaros metaphor was fun too.
“Money can't buy dere”
Jul 19, 2023 10:55 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
I do like that as opposed to a lot of the other rivals, Juha doesn't seem to be ridiculously overconfident but still confident. She doesn't have tricks so far and just calls herself ordinary. She also seems to understand that anything can happen and just tries to adapt to that. I appreciate that that type of player is the three time winner.

Hopefully Aoi will be okay though. Yet it might be a little hard because even if Aoi and Eve get to play together I don't think Aoi will be at a point where she can truly give it her all from here on... ;_;

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Feb 11, 1:08 AM

Apr 2014
yeah pretty much figured it would go this way....

ending just like their dads...... Aoi having to lose cause of the sickness passing on to her

and then Eve will most likely win just like her dad did but could never beat aoi....

man this sucks i was honestly hoping for better than this but of course this is the route they picked....

not to mention everything now feels extremely rushed

these last few eps are pretty much killing the series for me

not to mention this is also feeling like this will be the end of the series even though i was hoping for so much more....

anyway lets see how they end this
"one step at a time"

More topics from this board

Poll: » Birdie Wing: Golf Girls' Story Season 2 Episode 10 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jun 9, 2023

35 by Tsinelas »»
Feb 17, 5:58 PM

Poll: » Birdie Wing: Golf Girls' Story Season 2 Episode 9 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jun 2, 2023

34 by Tsinelas »»
Feb 14, 9:56 PM

Poll: » Birdie Wing: Golf Girls' Story Season 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jun 23, 2023

82 by DazeFire »»
Feb 11, 1:45 AM

Poll: » Birdie Wing: Golf Girls' Story Season 2 Episode 8 Discussion

AkeZZZ - May 26, 2023

28 by Tsinelas »»
Feb 10, 9:37 PM

Poll: » Birdie Wing: Golf Girls' Story Season 2 Episode 4 Discussion

KANLen09 - Apr 28, 2023

49 by DazeFire »»
Feb 10, 2:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.