Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Vinland Saga
Available on Manga Store
New
Jun 7, 2023 12:18 AM
Jan 2021
Sorry if I annoyed u or anything but I was just curious. I plan to see the series The Vikings soon and I have heard a lot about this character called Ragnar. Is this Ragnar the same as Vinland Saga's?They just seem so different 
Jun 7, 2023 12:34 AM

Jan 2017
Animefan13923 said:
I have heard a lot about this character called Ragnar. Is this Ragnar the same as Vinland Saga's?They just seem so different 

No , they are different characters.

The one from The Vikings is inspired by Ragnar Lodbrok , when the one from Vinland Saga is simply an original character. (Maybe his name was really inspired by Lodbrok , but it's not an uncommon name anyway.)
Vinland Saga use true settings and name of peoples , but the Author modify it to create his own story.
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... and hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Jun 7, 2023 10:08 AM
Nov 2022
Animefan13923 said:
Sorry if I annoyed u or anything but I was just curious. I plan to see the series The Vikings soon and I have heard a lot about this character called Ragnar. Is this Ragnar the same as Vinland Saga's?They just seem so different 

I can’t really see why bringing up a interesting topic would annoy anybody.

They would have to be next level of unhinged.
Jun 7, 2023 1:14 PM
Jul 2021
I hope you enjoy, Vikings is an amazing series!
Jun 7, 2023 2:56 PM
Jun 2021
RopeBuny said:
Animefan13923 said:

I can’t really see why bringing up a interesting topic would annoy anybody.

They would have to be next level of unhinged.

Then I am most annoyed over the cognizable reality of you finding this thread ‘interesting’.
///
Jun 10, 2023 8:13 AM

Dec 2019
Animefan13923 said:

They're not, Ragnar is a first name given even nowadays in those countries
Jun 10, 2023 10:53 AM
May 2021
I always stand up whenever I see Ragnar Lothbrok ,,, This much respect I give him .... He is One of the best character I guess
Jun 10, 2023 11:00 AM

Sep 2021
The first 4 seasons of vikings is amazing, until the death of a certain character. Ragnar Lothbrok might also come under my top 5 all time favourite characters, and no he's not related to anything from Vinland Saga. I'd highly recommend The Last Kingdom too, another great Viking show which I like even more than The Vikings.
Jun 12, 2023 8:51 PM
May 2020
Hate to be that guy, but the show is simply called “Vikings”, there is no “the”.

With my personal nitpick aside, the show Vikings is fantastic. Better than Vinland saga in my opinion (although I’m also biased, as Ragnar Lothbrok is my 34th great grandfather, and the show is based entirely around him and his lineage, and therefor my family history). That said, this is why I like Vikings more. It’s a show loosely based on history and real events (it’s produced by the history channel after all). There are tons of characters from Vinland saga who share a namesake with real life famous Vikings of the era and even the show that Vikings is about. Floki, Ragnar, Björn, just to name a few.

The last kingdom I know is liked by many, but I don’t like it at all, personally. I think the show Vikings is far and away the best television show ever created about the Vikings, seeing as its just as exciting as season 1 of VS, but much deeper and relatable since it’s based on reality. VS season 1 is a close second. The last kingdom and season 2 of VS are, for me, just atrocious and boring let downs. Not everyone has to share those opinions, however.

I couldn’t recommend Vikings more, one of my favorite shows ever, even if I am biased. Support the memory of my ancestors! Lol.
NiandraLaDezJun 13, 2023 12:54 PM
Jun 13, 2023 12:50 PM
Jan 2021
NiandraLaDez said:
Hate to be that guy, but the show is simply called “Vikings”, there is no “the”.

With my personal nitpick aside, the show Vikings is fantastic. Better than Vinland saga in my opinion (although I’m also biased, as Ragnar Lothbrok is my 34th great grandfather, and the show is based entirely around him and his lineage, and therefor my family history). That said, this is why I like Vikings more. It’s a show loosely based on history and real events (it’s produced by the history channel after all). There are tons of characters from Vinland saga who share a namesake with real life famous Vikings of the era and even the show that Vikings is about. Floki, Ragnar, Björn, just to name a few.

The last kingdom I know is liked by many, but I don’t like it at all, personally. I think the show Vikings is far and away the best television show every created about that Vikings, seeing as its just as exciting as season 1 of VS, but much deeper and relatable since it’s based on reality. VS season 1 is a close second. The last kingdom and season 2 of VS are, for me, just atrocious and boring let downs. Not everyone has to share those opinions, however.

I couldn’t recommend Vikings more, one of my favorite shows ever, even if I am biased. Support the memory of my ancestors! Lol.
bro are u being fr?They ur ancestors😳🗿
Jun 13, 2023 12:55 PM
May 2020
Animefan13923 said:
NiandraLaDez said:

The last kingdom I know is liked by many, but I don’t like it at all, personally. I think the show Vikings is far and away the best television show every created about that Vikings, seeing as its just as exciting as season 1 of VS, but much deeper and relatable since it’s based on reality. VS season 1 is a close second. The last kingdom and season 2 of VS are, for me, just atrocious and boring let downs. Not everyone has to share those opinions, however.

bro are u being fr?They ur ancestors😳🗿

Yep. Ragnar, Björn, Ivar, etc. are my distant relatives.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vinland Saga Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2019

256 by FarCritical »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Vinland Saga Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2019

259 by FarCritical »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » Vinland Saga Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 1, 2019

174 by FarCritical »»
May 29, 11:17 AM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 24, 2019

329 by FarCritical »»
May 29, 8:09 AM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 17, 2019

397 by FarCritical »»
May 27, 12:48 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.