Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]
Sep 3, 2023 3:42 PM

Feb 2018
Didn't expect all these plot twists this episode damn. From the Man-eater freezing spider being the kid, to the new kids looking creepy and Juichi wasn't who he said he was
Sep 4, 2023 10:55 AM

Jan 2022
Something was off about the new group of kids. Interesting man eater this episode. I wonder how they become stronger and have adaptations like freezing people. Also what happened to the people in white??

Edit: so why would the baby freeze everything? I never understood that.
cooldogmomSep 4, 2023 5:10 PM
This never updates so that's cool
Sep 6, 2023 1:38 AM
flower boy

Jun 2013
how tf is anyone saying the animation was worse this episode..? i was in total awe the whole time !! the comedic scenes were great, loved the style when the freeze attack happened, and even the little unlined bits.. MWAH! perfection. definitely a change from previous episodes, but this one was super beautiful.
Sep 11, 2023 10:52 AM

Mar 2015
Ooof that got pretty dark towards the end with Juichi there!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Oct 13, 2023 9:50 AM
Dec 2022
I never thought a nmormal looking storyteller couuld have such a tragic backstory and do so wrong
Nov 13, 2023 4:26 PM

Apr 2017
Close no peitão da Kiruko, e tomando banho 10/10.
Stronger Man in the world 🫶🖤🥟🦎
Nov 26, 2023 7:23 AM

Jul 2016
So, they are just going to accept the kid’s freezing ability? The fact he is a hiruko? I get the two MCs accepting, but the dad?
Dec 14, 2023 8:33 AM
Jan 2022
OLOKO MEU MANOKKKKKK
Dec 15, 2023 7:55 PM
Jun 2016
Waaacckkkk. Finally learning about the hybrid people. This show has amazing emotion portrayal. Really funny moments in this one. The light-hearted moments put you at ease before the heavier scenes. Lots of feels, so I'm loving it.
Dec 15, 2023 11:17 PM
Sep 2020
That ep was not bad!

Ngl it was a bit slow at first, but the ending made it worth it :D. I was not expecting that plot twist at all so it completely caught me off guard Oo
I am excited for the next ep ><!
Jan 17, 3:50 AM
Jul 2014
Okay, I get that the kid is the son of someone with special powers like the orphans in the walled garden. But how did he freeze the main characters while being with the other guys... and also taking the form of a giant spider? This anime throws too much shit at the audience that is supposed to be a mystery but ends up just being confusing.
Jan 19, 3:31 PM

Feb 2012
WTF Juchi really was kept as a "breeding pig", damn. Juichi, Jugo etc. literally just mean 11 and 15 etc. in Japanese.

Kiruko is jealous of crossdresser Maru kek. Glad they brought on Kai Ikarashi and Tetsuya Takeuchi who have experience for Trigger and Gainax shows for this episode. I really like Kiruko's scene and also how the ice and fog distort the view of duo on the classroom. Not to mention the comedic FLCL and KlK-esque exaggerated moments.

Since it's established Hiruko developed from the corpses of humans infected with a certain disease, I think the Ice Spider was once the mother of Jugo and he inherited the ice powers from her core despite looking like a human now. Maru might be like him, the offspring of a Hiruko (what became of Tokio, perhaps?).

Because she had a core intact when the women of the pig farm lynched/executed her, the Ice Spider Hiruko emerged from her remains.

Juichi got revenge on a fellow boar whom he saw as a snitch.

The new fifth years look like trouble yo, lookin like they would bully their own senpais.
Fortress_MaximusJan 20, 5:10 PM

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Feb 28, 7:42 AM
Dec 2015
Juichi fills a niche character trope I always enjoy seeing and this episode 100% solidified it. What a good ending.
Mar 12, 4:02 PM
Dec 2022
All the complaining in this thread just makes me doubt I'm watching the same thing... It was amazing by all accounts and you either don't get it or have a taste for mediocrity. Sorry, not sorry. XD
Apr 3, 12:35 PM

Aug 2013
Let me guess, these two women which tried to escape with a baby and Juichi were those two teenage girls from research facility which liked to kiss each other. Since they were 'ill' and were killed by 'neo amazons' for a treason one or two of them became a monster/s. This is why the monster didn't kill males, reacted on baby's cry (since he is a son), and use the same freeze ability as a baby. Why anime didn't show even a hint about it then? It's like it try hard to make an impressions instead of doing things right.
Apr 8, 3:17 AM

Jun 2021
Best episode thus far, kept me on the edge start to end
Apr 12, 11:39 PM

Aug 2016
A great episode that's unfortunately held down by some pointless fanservice (Juichi fondling Kiruko served no purpose and was in bad taste and the episode and series would have been better without it)

Apr 18, 8:09 AM

Jan 2013
One of the most interesting episodes in terms of animation, so many different styles.

So I'm guessing Yugo is the kid of a woman that was in the factory all those years ago.
Now that we've figured that out I'm wondering if Maru is the son of Tokio perhaps. - It lines up with the fact that he's 15 and if the Calamity started during that time, not to mention that they look a lot like each other.

Juichi has his hands full though, I wonder how long it'll take for him to accidentally get frozen to death by Jugo.

Also seems like the next batch of Man-Eaters ... uhm kids entered the factory, they have the crazy eyes O_O
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]

More topics from this board

» Kiriko and Haruki are blood related?

abuudai - May 16

9 by WatchTillTandava »»
6 hours ago

» Isn't this lovely?

passtur - May 13

29 by Phloup »»
May 14, 4:55 AM

Poll: » What would you do if your waifu told you she is like Kiruko? [SPOILER]

Zarutaku - Feb 11

25 by LostSpectre »»
May 13, 12:42 PM

Poll: » Tengoku Daimakyou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Softhenic03 - Apr 1, 2023

370 by anii_squid »»
May 8, 6:29 PM

Poll: » Tengoku Daimakyou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2023

474 by MCGospels »»
May 5, 12:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.