Forum Settings
Forums
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Jun 2, 2023 10:01 AM
Jul 2020
I am curious how many people have left this on their "reading" list after finishing Vol 12/Intuition. I know MAL shows Haruhi as still publishing, and I'm just at the end of Surprise Vol. 1 but is this series at least at the moment considered complete?
Jun 2, 2023 10:10 AM

Jan 2017
ProsjektAero said:
I am curious how many people have left this on their "reading" list after finishing Vol 12/Intuition.

https://myanimelist.net/manga/3083/Suzumiya_Haruhi_Series/stats

ProsjektAero said:
I know MAL shows Haruhi as still publishing, and I'm just at the end of Surprise Vol. 1 but is this series at least at the moment considered complete?

Officially , the series is still ongoing.

But 9 years between Volume 11 & 12 is huge , and there is no release date for Volume 13.
Nothing stops you from putting it to Completed on your list.

Edit : Just in case you meant if the story was considered completed , most fans were satisfied with the end Volume 11.
I heard Volume 12 seems kinda useless , and is more an introspection of what happened to every characters.
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... and hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Jun 2, 2023 10:33 AM

Feb 2016
I marked it as completed because I have read every existing volume and because no forthcoming volume has been announced.
その目だれの目?
Jun 12, 2023 11:06 PM

May 2012
Really, do whatever you want. After all, the series has become just an accumulation of more or less interesting side stories over the years, with some tidbits of "progress" in between. I did also read every book, and if I recall correctly, they've just finished one complete school year... heh. 

I highly doubt the author will ever give a good overall conclusion or arcs that can be good anytime soon, so I consider the series as 'dead'. It also got worse after the adapted material. Pity ;(
My Rereads | My Favorite Mangaka | Soylent Green

Buy stuff, or buy at least your favorites if you can afford it - Don't be lame.

D W-W&N 🤍

MAL is a far cry from being my main literature site, that's why I won't be doing mere single chapter updates anymore. Manga- aka Baka-Updates + 2 French ones are miles better and more thorough/complete + less restricting. The latter are perfectly suited for Manga/Light Novel/Books collectors such as myself. Less stressful/tiring this way. -g-
Aug 30, 2023 4:21 AM

Feb 2015
There was actually a new short story released in April's Sneaker Bunko, but to my knowledge it has yet to be translated (synopsis). Surprise was a fitting resolution, though some loose ends remain (like what the hell was the artifact they dug up in Intrigues? Who was the kid they saved?). It was by far the most bombastic and ambitious arc in the story, and there's a passage during the climax that is a window into the future (
). If we do get another LN, it'll just be another collection of short stories, which are really the bread and butter of the series anyway. I really enjoyed Intuition; it's three solid short stories, and the last one almost feels like an epilogue. It's technically ongoing, but I'm not expecting Tanigawa to release another novel.
Sep 2, 2023 11:51 AM

Nov 2013
It's what the on-hold list is for.
You all need to watch Nami.

More topics from this board

» New Haruhi novel announced

Pitto_ - Sep 24, 2023

16 by infamousHeroic »»
May 3, 9:51 AM

» Intuition Thoughts/Opinions

Sosbrigade_123 - Jun 24, 2021

6 by anizawa89 »»
Jan 21, 11:25 AM

Poll: » Best light novel in the series?

EnduringInsanity - Apr 24, 2013

11 by removed-user »»
Mar 14, 2023 5:04 PM

Poll: » Suzumiya Haruhi Series Chapter 41 Discussion

Phaetons_Folly - Feb 20, 2023

1 by AnimeIsWrong »»
Feb 25, 2023 11:40 AM

Poll: » Suzumiya Haruhi Series Chapter 1 Discussion

JowaPlays - Oct 11, 2021

2 by Joshhhp »»
Dec 16, 2022 11:48 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.