Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 14, 2008 1:22 AM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
At first, I thought that Tenma's confession was really stupid, but now I see that it was just a part of his plan, to escape with the other guy. Monster has become Prison Break xD
Aug 26, 2008 8:13 PM

Jun 2008
i hate it why he confessed just let that bitch die!!!
Dec 28, 2008 4:16 PM

Jun 2008
prison break is way too lulzy now

and agreed. eva is a huge fucking cunt. she ruined his fucking sandwiches! god if she doesn't die by the end of this i'm not giving this a 10

Apr 5, 2009 2:24 AM

Jul 2008
Haha, I wonder how they are going to get out of it.
Jul 10, 2009 3:47 PM

May 2009
Damn. Has Eva always been such a bitch? I hate her.
Jul 21, 2009 8:19 PM

Feb 2009
I felt so sad for Tenma. He's had to deal with another monster/bi**h like Eva before he got to deal with Johan.

Aug 14, 2009 7:30 AM

Jul 2009
robosapien said:
prison break is way too lulzy now

and agreed. eva is a huge fucking cunt. she ruined his fucking sandwiches! god if she doesn't die by the end of this i'm not giving this a 10

She messed with the sandwiches, she's got to go XD
Dec 14, 2009 2:23 AM

Apr 2008
Man, Eva is such a BITCH! Wish she'd just die already.

Also, I just realized that that Milch dude voice actor is the same one that does Buggy the Clowns on One Piece. I thought that laugh of his sounded familiar. XD

Feb 12, 2010 11:07 AM

Sep 2009
Damn, Tenma is such a deontological person. He uses his emotions too much. If he had not confessed, Roberto would have killed Eva in which case police would think it really wasn't him, who did all those murders. Now he proved that he is guilty and going to save Eva.

Eva changed her mind to testify for Tenma which was really obvious.

But why was Roberto talking with the lawyer on phone? They do not seem to be working together, in which case the lawyer is either blackmailed, threatened, or Roberto is pretending to be someone else.
No sig :(
Jul 16, 2010 9:51 PM

May 2010
Seems like Tenma is going to escape as what the next ep title says..

The question now is roberto going to kill eva..
Jul 20, 2010 12:15 AM

May 2008
FUCKING HATE EVA.

I swear to god, if Tenma somehow gets back together with her in the end, this series will have to drop a notch. It BETTER not end that way.
Oct 18, 2010 9:55 PM

Jun 2009
You people are stupid. Dropping a show a point because you don't like a character? Anyway, I for one hope Eva survives. There's a lot more depth to her character than everyone seems to think, and I think the sandwich with the kid showed that excellently. It's to bad no one seems to see that, at least on these forums.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Nov 16, 2010 4:31 PM

Mar 2010
man tenma confessing was a great twist i didnt see that coming, ahh i cant believe ava is getting into another trap

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Mar 9, 2011 1:30 PM
Jun 2010
man eva, i dont hate her, i just dislike her.

shes like the tsun tsun but no dere
May 18, 2011 4:27 AM

Oct 2008
Tenma. D:
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Jun 5, 2011 9:25 AM

Oct 2007
god, eva was such a bitch to tenma. he deserves so much better :/
Oct 15, 2011 12:56 PM

May 2009
Eva is the most realistic bitch in anime history, I like that.
Mar 9, 2012 5:41 PM

Mar 2009
Poor sandwiches.
Mar 18, 2012 12:37 PM

Mar 2010
eva is still a bitch
Jun 5, 2012 1:36 PM

Apr 2012
Shoryuuken said:

Exactly. She's a great character, even though I bloody hate her.
Jun 10, 2012 6:56 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
TehRoboRoller said:
Shoryuuken said:

Exactly. She's a great character, even though I bloody hate her.

What they said.

Anyway, it seems we're setting up for an escape from prison.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jul 3, 2012 1:43 AM

May 2008
If Tenma escapes from prison, he will be once again on the run from police. He is never in a win/win situation. I feel sorry for the man.
Aug 31, 2012 6:58 PM
Jan 2012
If a Bitch ruined my sandwichs i'm pretty sure I'd want her dead 2....
jkjk I actually find Eva to be a interesting character,but that's just me..
Sep 25, 2012 1:44 PM

Nov 2009
Hrmm I actually really can't stand Eva's type, she blames all of her misfortunes on others and somehow believes she is superior to other people. She also seems to think that Tenma is hers after throwing him away like a piece of trash... or rather his proposal. Also not sure why Tenma never realized what a huge bitch she was when they were dating... Even if she is the Director's daughter I'm sure he could have slid by without having to suck up to her.
Nov 3, 2012 6:11 PM

Feb 2011
I really don't understand why Tenma was ever with Eva. At first I thought maybe she might have had some good points once upon a time and that they were just washed away when her life went to crap, but those flashbacks just proved she was always a stuck up, blood sucking bitch. I thought for sure she was going to smack the sandwich out of the kid's hand. And now what, did the lawyer's words actually mean something to her or does she just think she's gonna get back in good favor with Tenma by testifying? Maybe she and Roberto will have a face off and shoot each other to death. Okay, okay, not likely, but it would be nice.

As for Tenma's confession, I knew he was doing it to escape but it still killed me to hear him say it.
Dec 19, 2012 12:45 PM

Feb 2012
Very good episode!

So I wonder how these escape plan that one guy who pretended to be sick is going to go was it in 3 or 5 days that they plan to escape?

Roberto did his thing again. It's amazing how Robeto can so easily get any job he wants or connections some people and these people will know him too. His character development is excellent.

So he talk with Tenma and seems like Tenma confessed because otherwise Eva would been in danger. And another reason was to escape and get transferred to prison. But I am pretty sure knowing Roberto is going to eliminate Eva. Did Tenma confess or not.

This basically don't help him much. But Eva's should know Roberto's voice why she didn't understand man who is speaking is Roberto. I mean she knows hear voice lol.

Tenma seemed really not caring type man in past so I can understand why Eva didn't like him so much. Because basically Tenma copying some notes on Magazine when Eva wanted to talk him it's rude to women. So I can understand her pain but not her maniac side.

That Lawyer also seems to get angry really quickly and I wonder if his anger is something to do with his father or family. Looks like Eva is going to prove Tenma's innocent also. After that lawyer told something about his life.
Jan 29, 2013 1:59 PM

Jan 2012
So Tenma confessed. Didn't see that coming. Also those flash backs about Eva. She is and was a huge bitch.

Feb 27, 2013 10:49 AM
Aug 2011
Can't wait to see what Captain Buggy Milch and Tenma are going to do.

I'll be honest, even I felt sad when the sandwiches fell onto the grass.
Apr 2, 2013 7:37 PM
May 2010
I don't understand why Eva wouldn't recognize Roberto's voice. After all, she slept with the guy and was threatened, slapped and even shot by him.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure she won't die even by the end of the series.
Apr 6, 2013 4:05 PM

Nov 2012
I hold to the belief that recognizing a person through their voice is anime logic, so I actually preferred it this way. Given, Eva might have been threatened by Roberto before but she's simply not shaken enough to the level of being traumatized. To begin with, Eva's meeting with Roberto is brief and I reckon she met more guys before and after Roberto. In real life term, it's been 20+ episodes since the incident, in Monster, that's pretty much a solid few months if not years. Heck, she even met a psychologist to deal with her alcoholic lifestyle rather than her 'possible trauma'. She doesn't care enough to register Roberto's voice into her memory bank. Same goes for our real world imo.

Thumbs up for Eva being a classical portrayal of haughty rich daughter. While I can't attest to it's realism since a classical portrayal is Still fiction, at least she's not in her teens in a romcom show with blonde mega twintails going 'Ohohohoho' all the time. She's as realistic as a normal woman prostituting herself for some hard cash in desperate time. I mean, just because we hate bitches irl, that doesn't mean we have to hate them in fiction when they're just being faithful to the stereotype. Heck, applaud them for the effort.

Nevertheless, I do wonder whether criminals who confess roughly on the same day actually get sent to the prison on the same day as well. Unless there's a set date for transferring criminal to prison, why did Milch say 'five days' later? Else even if Tenma knew the When, he don't know How to match up with Milch's plan.
Apr 13, 2013 8:39 PM

Jun 2012
Eva is a character that can only serve to improve the story. Rating the anime lower because of her is bad taste.

She's unlikeable, but she's more than just an archetypal "bitch". As we've seen throughout the anime, there's more to her than the way she treats people, as illustrated by her reaction after the scene with the sandwiches.

You might not like her, but that doesn't necessarily make her a bad character.

SomaVD said:
I don't understand why Eva wouldn't recognize Roberto's voice. After all, she slept with the guy and was threatened, slapped and even shot by him.

She has also consumed a considerable amount of alcohol before, during, and after her run-in with Roberto, which may have clouded her memory a bit. Also, considering how liberally she consumes alcohol, the chances of her being at least mildly drunk when making that phone call is high.
LarasoApr 13, 2013 8:43 PM
Some parts of this post may be exaggerated.
Apr 22, 2013 9:26 PM
Apr 2012
Didn't Robert say he couldn't use his right arm anymore? I could have sworn I saw him opening the door with his right hand when he left the interview with Tenma.

And yes, Eva is a A grade bitch. What does she have against picnics? -__-
Apr 28, 2013 10:54 AM

Apr 2013
Eva is such a hypocrite.
May 6, 2013 3:42 PM

Oct 2012
Another cliffhanger, aww! Tenma is going to run away from car, right?

But I find those scenes with Eva retrospective very touching, lets hope he will arrive in time to save her.
But I have very very bad feeling - her character almost screams itself of redemption in death... Tough and not pleasant times are coming I guess..
Aug 22, 2013 4:59 AM
May 2012
Evaaaaaaaaaa!!! you fuck why would you do that Tenma prepared those sandwiches for you I hate it when people does that to other people and just when you stop being a bitch Eva now you're fucked haha but you ain't gonna be dead and I knew my man Tenma is planning something when he confessed way to go.
Nov 1, 2013 1:47 AM

Jul 2009
amazing episode!

i agree, this episode feels like Prison Break for some reason XD

love that show! shame season 3 felt waay to rush due to the writer's guild strike.

man Tenma confessing waay to early!

then again that bastard Roberto is trying to provoke him to escape so that people will think he really did it.

wow Reichwein and Eva is shock about the announcement of his confession!

wow Vardemann went berserk! he knows he's father is truly innocent, but due to the stupid social system he now knows he must defend Tenma at all costs.

Eva reminiscing his life with Tenma back then. if only is she were gentle none of this would have happened

nice of that kid giving Eva the same sandwich Tenma used to eat.

damn Eva should have known that was Roberto, then again she must have forgotten a little due to her being drunk all the time and assumed he was killed during the mafia mansion incident.

Prison Break escape coming up!!!!

i wonder how will Tenma stop Roberto and finally kill him once and for all!!
Dec 11, 2013 12:37 PM

Nov 2013
Lowering an anime's score because you dislike a character? Geez. Reminds me of the Planetes discussion threads, where people were actually dropping the anime altogether because they thought one of the main characters was annoying.
Jan 8, 2014 10:40 AM

Mar 2013
I think eva is the most "human" characther in the series. full of "flaws".
EL PSY KONGROO!!!
Jan 27, 2014 3:30 PM
Mar 2013
kie_ said:
i hate it why he confessed just let that bitch die!!!
He's doctor who holds that all lives are equal. A doctor has no right to play god. Unless he's threatened with death he wouldn't let someone die.
Feb 25, 2014 8:41 PM

May 2013
So, Eva has always been a bitch. While she is unlikable, I think her character is very good because her repulsiveness is written very well in this series. I wonder what Tenma saw in her to make him want to have a relationship with her in the past.
Conan_KudoFeb 25, 2014 8:47 PM
Armageddon was yesterday, today we have a problem.
Mar 13, 2014 3:20 AM

Oct 2013
I hate Eva so much!

Mar 20, 2014 8:40 PM

Feb 2013
I think the thing I hate most about Eva is her face, its just so bitchy looking. I hope she dies next ep just so I don't have to see it anymore lol.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to seeing how these two plan to escape next episode.
May 24, 2014 3:59 PM

Apr 2012
Am i the only one that doesn't want Eva to die? I was hoping for a bit of character redemption from her :X.

Also Roberto and Eva would make a great couple. They both have epic rape faces lol
zzzeallyMay 24, 2014 4:03 PM

Jun 6, 2014 2:20 PM

Apr 2013
i am going to be the only one...
but i like eva's character, not only because i tend to like the stuck up girls in anime.
but for the fact that yeah, she was a bitch, and i felt sorry for tenma, but now she knew that she was a bitch when she was thinking back, and atleast she wants to do the right thing now.
she was only a drunken bitch because of the trauma she went though, and she didn't handle it well, and it just got worse and worse.
either way, i don't want her to die ;-;
Haters be hating.. lovers be loving... potatoes be potatoeing
Jun 9, 2014 4:17 AM

May 2013
Tenma was way too good for Eva seriously makes you wonder how Eva managed to get him.

Though I say that, I don't hate Eva. Partly due to the fact that she's so pitiable and that she's finally coming to terms with the fact that she doesn't hate Tenma after all.

So I hope Tenma can make it in time and rescue her.
Aug 9, 2014 5:49 AM

Jan 2013
Eva may be a bitch but for her Tenma is risking to escape with the other prisoner.
Jan 15, 2015 10:40 AM

Nov 2011
insan3Inquisitor said:
You people are stupid. Dropping a show a point because you don't like a character? Anyway, I for one hope Eva survives. There's a lot more depth to her character than everyone seems to think, and I think the sandwich with the kid showed that excellently. It's to bad no one seems to see that, at least on these forums.

I really don't like Eva; she's an obnoxious person as far as I'm concerned. It is true that we haven't seen why that is so, but it's still pretty hard to stomach, especially when it's shown in the context before her father died. She was just as ungrateful and mean-spirited back then. She is her own undoing, not Tenma.

That being said, I do agree that she has more depth to her character than most are acknowledging. If her father hadn't died, I don't think she would have ever cared about Tenma again. However, in this context, she is being forced to look at herself and her own actions. I think she's feeling regret... It's a good first step, though I'm still somewhat skeptical.

As for Tenma's confession, it's both frustrating and understandable. I didn't want him to confess (though I don't want Eva to die either), yet his reasons for doing so make sense. Even so, I don't think lying is an acceptable action here, and relying on the other inmate to get him out is a long shot at that. He may never again get a chance pursue Johan with the moral high ground because of this.

I wish he had taken a chance on Verdeman, and told him who Roberto really was. This is the first major mistake Tenma has made so far.

Edit:
parfaited said:
Can't wait to see what Captain Buggy Milch and Tenma are going to do.

I'll be honest, even I felt sad when the sandwiches fell onto the grass.

That's where I knew that voice from! I was trying to figure it out this whole episode. xD

And yeah, the sandwich scene was sad. Poor Tenma. 3:
TripleSRankJan 15, 2015 10:45 AM
Apr 1, 2015 9:51 PM
Nov 2014
Damn, my hate for eva has increased when she removed that rock...Tenma deserved better than that.

Looks like Tenma and that old man has a plan to escape probably.
Apr 19, 2015 12:11 PM

May 2014
God, Eva was IS such a bitch. At least it looks like she's having a change of heart.

Also, Tenma leading a prison break? Wow, ballsy move.
"You either die an Ashita no Joe, or you live long enough to see yourself become a Naruto."
Jul 21, 2015 8:43 AM

Nov 2013
Meh episode. Still can't believe roberto's alive, and he's actually managed to be the partner lawyer for a very successful lawyer. Like, how does he do that, unless Verdman is actually on roberto's side. How can roberto have been accepted as a partner so fast. Surely, he has not been solving cases before this. Why would Verdman need a partner now. Also, it's almost too convenient that Eva finally is willing to confess... and she contacts roberto, and gives him the hotel deets . Frankly, I don't care what happens to this story line... like what's been happening with Lunge's investigation, surely these past week or so somethings happened. What is Johan doing now? He surely must have accomplished what ever he's trying to do now that there's no one stopping him. I'm excited for Monster to pick up where it left off at episode ~50 but I think these past couple of episodes have lost a lot the serie's momentum.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Monster Episode 74 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

babykeiji - Apr 23, 2008

627 by wibugar »»
Yesterday, 2:50 PM

Poll: » Monster Episode 73 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kayro - Apr 25, 2008

173 by ArtirSachi »»
May 6, 6:45 PM

Poll: » Monster Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kayro - Apr 5, 2008

105 by puffle9000 »»
May 2, 11:25 PM

Poll: » Monster Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kayro - Apr 3, 2008

149 by tectacles »»
May 2, 6:40 AM

Poll: » Monster Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kayro - Apr 3, 2008

152 by tectacles »»
May 1, 8:17 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.