Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 29, 2023 8:58 PM

Oct 2017
Thoughts on todays new chapter? 

Faputa taking a bath is adorable, such a blessing when we see her! 

...I think Akihito hit a new low with his Amputee fetish now. lmao

May 29, 2023 10:04 PM
Apr 2022
lessss goooooooooo
May 29, 2023 10:46 PM
May 2016
where can I find it? ):
May 30, 2023 1:30 AM

Jan 2015
A fantastic exposition chapter.

We start off with Reg, Faputa and Nishagora taking a bath. What makes the reading always so interesting is the fact that the author always has interesting stuff to stay about everything that is presented to us between the “Rigid Wash” and the “Crumple Pot”. I was expecting more nudity to be honest knowing Tsukushi tho, he really did tone it down aside from Nishagora, Reg and the twins. Faputa in particular was extremely cute as always lol. It looks life it was her first time washing herself.

We then have some information about these “Juusou”. They are Narehate that were born like that, so they are slightly different from Nanachi or Vueko. The most interesting stuff is that they are kind of illegal. It was not surprising that Bondrewd tried making one with Meinya. Riko’s cute pet might have some relevance later on as she is an hybrid. It would be interesting if Meinya can also gain power from the White Whistle, but we still don’t know that. Srajo being so open about giving answers is suspicious tho. She’s trying to get info back from the group by opening up. Luckily, our adventurers are smarter than that and they are concealing some precious infos here and there. Faputa might be a Juusou based on what we got, so better not let Srajo know it. 

Damn, we also got a first look at the seventh layer’s entrance. It definitely looks very much alive to. The entrance is referred as The Eye by the Srajo squad, but it looks like bowels to me more than anything else. The most interesting detail is that as we get deeper and deeper, everything gets more and more distorted. I wonder what’s the deal with the final malestorm, I’m way too curious. The curse is also not clear, but it seems like we have on case of someone getting cursed by it. That’s why Srajo’s squad is after the Miko. She knows something about it, since she wrote that letter. At this point I wonder if Tepaste might actually know something or not, since she’s with the Miko. I still don’t get what’s the deal with all of this. “In the middle of a fairytale” huh…

Finally, the most interesting part: Sherumi and Menae revealed themselves and they looks awfully like Reg in appearance. Robotic limbs, robot skin features on the their faces… as it was already pointed out, that’s what Lyza saw in the sixth layer. What’s with these puppets seriously, I have no idea. Scariest thing is what the twins told us… that our group is going to end up looking like them and I believe it. Man, I still don’t know what that means, but the Seventh Layer might be the real deal. 
Crazy good chapter with tons of exposition, interesting facts, plot progression and much more. This arc is shaping up to be the most interesting so far. See you next chapter!

XenocrisiJun 1, 2023 11:32 PM
May 30, 2023 5:54 PM

Aug 2019
Where to read the chapter?
May 31, 2023 1:33 AM

Jul 2021
"Because you and your friends too... will end up like this..." - That kid with six nipples 
Ah shit something bad is about to happen 
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

May 31, 2023 5:51 AM
Oct 2021
The view of the 7th layer’s entrance was incredible, in an unsettling abyss way, of course, lol.

May 31, 2023 1:29 PM

Jul 2010
Made in Abyss is such a weird, unique manga. At times you're blown away by its beauty, intrigueed by the wordlbuilding, but at times it feels like a cringy hentai with kids... and all of that in a single chapter.

I wish chapters came out more frequently, so I don't get such a massive info dump all at once, but hey, I am interested in lore so can't really complain. And may I notice, 7th layer panorama was breasttaking.
Damn. I mean breathtaking
May 31, 2023 1:34 PM
Oct 2020
@SteelpanA7X cubari works
May 31, 2023 5:44 PM
Oct 2020
Another great chapter
May 31, 2023 7:46 PM

Nov 2018
Trading information from both groups.

It seems there will be some sort of key or ritual to enter the 7th layer

Now I remember again what Ozen said earlier to avoid the white whistles. I hope Srajo isn't a bad white whistle, at least a white whistle like Ozen would be great
Jun 1, 2023 9:47 AM

Oct 2017
this was a great chapter tho, even with the naked dismembered kid telling me that i have sinned enough
R&B Leyend
Jun 1, 2023 2:24 PM

Mar 2012
"Bon-dolt!" haha

I wanna say Srajo will be their ally but from what we've seen so far, all White Whistles are certifiably insane and will use whatever means to accomplish their own purposes.

The Abyss continues to drive that tension of retaining your humanity while transforming into something else or losing it entirely the deeper you delve.
A good author leaves the audience enough material to be satisfied with, yet yearning for more.
Jun 1, 2023 7:47 PM

Aug 2018
Sherumi and Menae are very interesting and look like Reg. But I can't help notice that they have weird dog ears. Are they now Narehate?
Jun 1, 2023 7:50 PM

Aug 2018
Xenocrisi said:
A fantastic exposition chapter.

We start off with Reg, Faputa and Nishagora taking a bath. What makes the reading always so interesting is the fact that the author always has interesting stuff to stay about everything that is presented to us between the “Rigid Wash” and the “Crumple Pot”. I was expecting more nudity to be honest knowing Tsukushi tho, he really did tone it down aside from Nishagora, Reg and the twins. Faputa in particular was extremely cute as always lol. It looks life it was her first time washing herself.

We then have some information about these “Juusou”. They are Narehate that were born like that, so they are slightly different from Nanachi or Vueko. The most interesting stuff is that they are kind of illegal. It was not surprising that Bondrewd tried making one with Meinya. Riko’s cute per might have some relevance later on as she is an hybrid. It would be interesting if Meinya can also gain power from the White Whistle, but we still don’t know that. Srajo being so open about giving answers is suspicious tho. She’s trying to get info back from the group by opening up. Luckily, our adventurers are smarter than that and they are concealing some precious infos here and there. Faputa might be a Juusou based on what we got, so better not let Srajo know it. 

Damn, we also got a first look at the seventh layer’s entrance. It definitely looks very much alive to. The entrance is referred as The Eye by the Srajo squad, but it looks like bowels to me more than anything else. The most interesting detail is that as we get deeper and deeper, everything gets more and more distorted. I wonder what’s the deal with the final malestorm, I’m way too curious. The curse is also not clear, but it seems like we have on case of someone getting cursed by it. That’s why Srajo’s squad is after the Miko. She knows something about it, since she wrote that letter. At this point I wonder if Tepaste might actually know something or not, since she’s with the Miko. I still don’t get what’s the deal with all of this. “In the middle of a fairytale” huh…

Finally, the most interesting part: Sherumi and Menae revealed themselves and they looks awfully like Reg in appearance. Robotic limbs, robot skin features on the their faces… as it was already pointed out, that’s what Lyza saw in the sixth layer. What’s with these puppets seriously, I have no idea. Scariest thing is what the twins told us… that our group is going to end up looking like them and I believe it. Man, I still don’t know what that means, but the Seventh Layer might be the real deal. 
Crazy good chapter with tons of exposition, interesting facts, plot progression and much more. This arc is shaping up to be the most interesting so far. See you next chapter!

I might be forgetting something but how do we know Riko is a hybrid?
Jun 1, 2023 11:32 PM

Jan 2015
@Lakitu_64
She’s not. Meinya is.
Jun 4, 2023 4:32 PM
Nov 2016
The chapter release is so sloooow, it can't be helped, if the mangaka has health issues then they need to take a break from time to time.

This chapter was pretty good and funny as well, and Tepaste with her "I'm a prisoneeer" quote made me chuckle, and damn, what's up with those limbless kids? I guess we will find out sooner or later in a couple of months or years at this pace.
Jun 5, 2023 4:01 PM

Oct 2007
TheMangaManiac said:
Made in Abyss is such a weird, unique manga. At times you're blown away by its beauty, intrigueed by the wordlbuilding, but at times it feels like a cringy hentai with kids... and all of that in a single chapter.

I wish chapters came out more frequently, so I don't get such a massive info dump all at once, but hey, I am interested in lore so can't really complain. And may I notice, 7th layer panorama was breasttaking.
the parts with the kids is really gross, is the mangaka a pedo or what?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 10, 2023 9:20 AM
Nov 2021
I need more chapters god
I want to know more about all those characters and layer 7 of the abyss
Jun 10, 2023 10:04 PM
Jul 2017
"borrowed" from the lord of the dawn lmao
new type of person/creature was introduced and meiyian is part of bond's experiment creating it
the 7th layer mystery gets deeper, as does the priestess
why did the 2 twins not want to remove their masks?
they were amputees wtf...
Jun 11, 2023 3:33 PM

Dec 2012
I wish this mangaka would stop with the fetish drawings of naked children. I keep going because I love the mystery of the abyss, but they should have their hard drives searched fr.
The 2002 Tokyo Mew Mew adaptation is not as great as you remember it being.
Jun 20, 2023 11:12 PM
Mar 2020
Pachi-InQ said:
Trading information from both groups.

It seems there will be some sort of key or ritual to enter the 7th layer

Now I remember again what Ozen said earlier to avoid the white whistles. I hope Srajo isn't a bad white whistle, at least a white whistle like Ozen would be great

well maybe in a future chapter she may act kind of like Ozen did, faking bad intentions to put them a challenge. something like she just did in these chapters, but more serius
Jun 24, 2023 1:33 PM

Jul 2010
JudgeRuthless said:
TheMangaManiac said:

Wasn't it like a public knowledge that author is a creep? I've heard he also drew loli hentai, that's why he can't resist the urge to draw kids naked and bondaged. There are topics on this all over MAL and Reddit

Crez said:
I wish this mangaka would stop with the fetish drawings of naked children. I keep going because I love the mystery of the abyss, but they should have their hard drives searched fr.
And get a slap on his wrist, just like Kenshin's author for his "collection". Ugh. Out of all fetishes one could have... they chose the one that's literally forbidden by law and common sense. Whatever. I don't support Kenshin's author after his charges and only reading MiA for the lore and mystery, Tsukishi has been't charged with anything (at least not yet) so all the discussion about his hard drive is only hypothetical. I still find his obsession with little kids are beyond weird, I am pretty sure if me or a lot of others people wrote MiA, we wouldn't joke about "Reg's thing" or "Papa rod". But whatever, people on here are VERY offensive about this topic and tend to jump on you while screaming "so you're okay with gore but not okay with a little bit of child nudity???", and I don't have time nor patience for these discussions.
Jun 26, 2023 11:00 PM
Jul 2018
It seems we are getting closer tp the end! I want to see what Final Maelstrom looks like and find out just what exactly is the abyss.
Oct 21, 2023 9:45 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
very sad! They have no limbs! kekeke
Nov 10, 2023 6:44 PM

Feb 2021
Reply to JudgeRuthless
TheMangaManiac said:

@JudgeRuthless exactly! Is such a whiplash ... Lore, interesting thing and then his pedo content showns ... This time worse than Even, the amputee naked KID is SO disgusting image to come here just to complaint... He is just getting way to confortable with his weird fetish, the snuff in hentai is getting some hype lately and thats make me SO umcomfortable, thats some serial killed shit, cut limps for sexual gratification, we all know that comes from the idea of being unabke to scape ... And that scene was SO irrelevant, if they have to take the pieces of, why ren doesnt have to ??? If it SO hight tech why they need to ... Just to have an excuse and show us that.... Like how she use the self cleaning toilets to show us another disgusting fetish, all those tentacles ... ADN that unnecesary nip slip from our cute protagonist i'm the chapter 63,5. I get SO angry every single time cuz i want to enjoy the lore, the fantasy, the mystery, i want to know what happen to her mother, what is the curse, what is in the last layer, and after 6 months he show us pedo content AGAIN.
Jan 9, 6:30 AM
Apr 2023
Putting the weird stuff out the way I love the storytelling! It seems like we're so close yet so far away from an ending. So much mystery
Jan 22, 7:26 PM
Jan 2024
why every one is talking shit about akihito, like, it's all fiction, dont it
May 6, 3:35 PM

Nov 2020
Pedo shit continued

More topics from this board

» Something similar to read in terms of exploration

Necrius - May 30

14 by SIimyBread »»
3 hours ago

» Can I watch it?

DexterDrubo - Mar 2, 2023

3 by Thereisnoonehere »»
May 26, 6:29 PM

» is it just me or are the explanations sometimes unclear ?(on the world/the way the abyss works etc)

Zehennagel - Jul 26, 2023

6 by Thereisnoonehere »»
May 26, 6:25 PM

Poll: » Made in Abyss Chapter 67 Discussion

Xenocrisi - Feb 14

26 by Swagernator »»
May 14, 12:55 AM

Poll: » Made in Abyss Chapter 64 Discussion

Xenocrisi - Feb 19, 2023

19 by Ba-Cii10 »»
May 6, 2:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.