Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (17) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 24, 2023 7:30 AM

Nov 2011
Thanks to help and support, it looks like Akane got her feet back together. On the other hand, I like how determined Aqua is in his ambitions.

Social media has truly taken the entertainment world. The reactions of the cast looking at updates from that tweet was priceless. Akane also cries but this time is sincere tears than feeling of despair. What a turnaround for her. 

May 2020
Entertainment industry in Japan/Korea.. nah the fans of these are kind of sick in mind. I mean for example, if you’re a public figure, you’re not allowed to date someone publicly unless these very same fans give you the permission to, yes these OTAKU BLOBS OR IDOL STANS. And if you don't heed these people on the internet, then cyberbullying will follow. Though Akane’s case was a bit different, that didn’t change the end result in the end.

Now since we know Aqua arrived just in the nick of time and saved Akane there, what followed was kind of formalities. Police inquiry and everything, though it didn’t take much for the rest of their co-artists to know what just transpired, and well in the end they all comforted Akane. She’s fine for now, but we know an attempt of racking TRP was also responsible for flaming people over the internet in whatever just went down.

And that’s when our 500 iq-kun came up with a plan. Making a sort of edited video where they’ll include each of those behind-the-scenes photos or clips showing just how well these kids get along on the set, in an attempt to shut the buzz up on social media about cancelling Akane. That went well of course.. people have quite down a bit and have moved past the Akane incident as a result.

Akane’s back on set and HOLY CHRIST, this girl is already working on building up her character to someone Aqua fancies… yes Ai. Star eyes are here.. and now Akane has well and truly arrived on this show. BEST GIRL.

Feb 2018
The moment Aqua and Akane on the bridge was truly amazing. In the previous episode, I hate Yuki-chan so much. But in this episode, it seems like Yuki-chan sincerely forgave Akane. Akane and Yuki-chan made up, and Akane hasn't given up on becoming an actress. I like Yuki-chan; I thought she was just an arrogant actress.

Yuki-chan is really worried about Akane. Is Mem-cho a spirited character? They discuss how they should appear on the screen. Doesn't this appearance lead to misunderstandings? I like Aqua's analogy, "Poker can be won with just one ace."

However, the previous episode was quite dark, so I was surprised to see the entertainment business in Japan. I thought this business was fun, but after watching episodes 6 and 7, I don't think it's enjoyable anymore. Even if Akane tries to commit suicide, the defamation won't end. It's very realistic...

Aqua truly became the MVP in this episode. I like how Aqua resolves the accusations against Akane by netizens on Twitter. The moment with Yuki-chan and Akane in the video was really touching; I liked that warm embrace. It's a great PV, or rather, it's like a clarification that spreads well and gets many retweets on Twitter.

The mission to conquer Aqua's heart will soon begin because the goddess is no longer in this world... Let's goooo!

Akane Ai Hoshino Modeeeee.....Good episode, 10/10.

May 24, 2023 7:33 AM

Jan 2021
Let's go, Oshi no Ko wednesday is here, aNoTHeR GReAT ePIsoDe.

Many people missed how Aqua ended up there at the exact same time and saved Akane in the previous episode, even though it was obvious. The episode showed Akane texting on the group chat that she would go buy some food, but there was a typhoon. As a result, it was natural for the others to be worried and look out for her.

This anime is incredible and each episode has been outstanding, propelling the story and character growth. The overall quality, including the visuals, music, storytelling, and voice acting, is exceptional. It's truly refreshing to witness such unwavering consistency and commitment in an anime. It seems like I've already mentioned this before. I might be praising them too much.

The scene at the end of this week's episode of Oshi no Ko got me hyped up. I've been waiting for this scene to come up in the anime adaptation, and oh boy, did they deliver. Akane's method acting was genius, from her expression to the lighting and even the voice acting. It reminded me of Ai Hoshino, and I had to watch the scene multiple times. It's one of the best animation sequences I've seen in years. Akane's transformation in the scene is incredible, going from a normal character to someone entirely different, just like Kana said: "Akane Kurokawa of Theater Company Lala Lai is famous as a gifted performer in the theatrical world". Aqua's efforts to save Akane's reputation show that he does care, despite his manipulative persona. Overall, it's a great episode that continues the show's themes. However, there won't be a new episode next week due to a hiatus.

Akane best girl let's GOOOOOO-

Thanks for the meal

@kaaaaaappe
YuyuichiMay 24, 2023 3:32 PM
May 24, 2023 7:38 AM
Feb 2023
new actress died, real actress born.
May 24, 2023 7:44 AM

Jan 2018
Akane deserves all the happiness in the world. This was an incredible episode. That scene where Akane went Ai mode was so well done. Oshi no Ko never disappoints.
May 24, 2023 7:48 AM
Aug 2022
Akane-san Deserves happiness. thanks to our Aqua-kun she got back on her feet.
May 24, 2023 8:19 AM

Oct 2017
That final scene, Akane showing why she's the best.
May 24, 2023 8:27 AM

Feb 2019
And here we are, Akane’s Mangekyo awakening lmao. That ending scene blending with the ED was perfection.

After the all too real and dark episode last week, it’s good to get a lighter one today. Aqua’s plan to get the heat off Akane was perfect, but it really shouldn’t have even had to happen. Fans of these reality shows are so toxic and quick to make judgements about people they don’t even know and situations they’re not even involved in. The culture around the entertainment industry in east Asia has to change.

Think Mem-cho showed why she’s in the running for best girl for a lot of people, too. Akane/Kana debates gonna start swirling now for anime onlies too. Gonna be fun.
Marinate1016May 24, 2023 8:30 AM
May 24, 2023 8:28 AM

Jul 2017
With Akane saved by Aqua just mere moments before her self-suicide thanks to MEM-cho, this sudden happening from one moment to the next becomes headline news, and both Kana and President Miyako's description is exactly what happened to Hana Kimura, leading to her unprepared suicide. The toxicity and atrocity of social media can do one's harm many eons over, and Aqua together with Akane, breeds contempt to the attention of adults, and even the cast themselves of worrying what would have become of the reality dating show if Akane had died then and there. But since she is still alive, Akane will take any and all chances she has to step forward despite being scared about her circumstances, though he will not let the public and the press play their fiddle to gain a scoop.

Aqua's idea of the reality dating show he wanted to concoct: use the show to paint reality from the actors and actresses' POV, and MEM-cho provides that perspective to turn the audience's anticipation around about Akane, and with her fame, make things go viral. Plus the others who vibe with Aqua's line of view, the only obstruction is the actual staff team, which being adults, should at least have a sense of responsibility to protect young actors who don't know how to make life decisions. Wokring day and rnight, Yuki and the rest hope for the best to restore Akane's name, and with hopes, they did get viral, even as audience perception remains skewed. The show's reception now is rising for the better, though this'll be a dramatic tale to tell for the future if anybody brings it up. Hopeing to get an inspiration, the girls ask Aqua of his ideal girl, but his ideal is the all-too-perfect embodiment of his deceased mother Ai, which while nearly impossible to imitate, Akane gives it a try regardless to research on the former B Komachi lead idol, and the mysterious mother is just as hard to put it all together in one package, just as when she bore both Aqua and Ruby.

Akane is back on Love Now, and with Ai's image, she starts to project his ideal girl...which comes as a complete surprise.

Akane deserves the Schuenfraude, though at this terrifying rate...
May 24, 2023 8:30 AM

Aug 2017
Best girl Akane researching Ai and imitating her perfectly was kinda scary to see. 

Oct 2008
Wooh! Dat ending! CHILLS!!!

(Gonna have to wait two weeks for the next ep? Seriously???)
Feb 2018
Umm... is he still looking for Ai's murderer or the show completely turned into school/teen drama BS?
May 24, 2023 8:31 AM

Feb 2021
So Akane was able to awaken the sharigan huh...

I like how their version of the monster energy drink is called "Berserk"
May 24, 2023 8:33 AM

Nov 2019
I like how everyone else was still energetic, and then there is Aqua, who just completely beat like he went through some intense exam all-nighter.

But really nice of them to use that tragic incident that could've been to turn things around for Akane, or should we call her Ai-Kane now?

May 24, 2023 8:37 AM
Jun 2020
AAAAAAAAAHHHH~~!!💜💜
May 24, 2023 8:37 AM

Feb 2021
There are so much english terms I don't know in these subs damn.
Mem-cho is so interesting, I wanna know about her (she's a real Vtuber on the official Oshi no Ko channel btw).
Let's gooo Akane! The whole gang working hard to make the video was really wholesome.
HOOOLY I got goosebumps at the end. Akane is an insanely good actor huh! I'm gonna rewatch that scene so many times.
May 24, 2023 8:38 AM

Dec 2022
i am glad akane got a bounce back
May 24, 2023 8:40 AM
Oct 2021
I didn’t join in on the best girl talk since it was obviously Ai but now that she’s gone and after today’s episode Akane 💛 is definitely best girl
May 24, 2023 8:42 AM

Mar 2021
So glad to see Akane back she deserves all the success and happiness possible
May 24, 2023 8:43 AM
Aug 2020
It will be interesting to see Akane acting like Ai did, surely will make progress with Aqua.
But I wonder if it's gonna end well, I expect a fallout between them at some point.

The image that Aqua has of Ai as both love interest and mother is something that probably he doesn't want tarnished or replicated
May 24, 2023 8:44 AM

Oct 2018
Feel good to have such amazing anime to watch. Akane breakdown and reborn were wholesome... What Akane really seriously investigating AI here
May 24, 2023 8:45 AM

Oct 2010
Akane is damn scary.
May 24, 2023 8:45 AM
Aug 2020
it was a great episode, i really felt sad for her.

words can really kill people.

this was more than an anime.

I really hope that more people will understand that they can really hurt people with words.

Akane is really a good character...

2 weeks is too long for the next episode...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
May 24, 2023 8:49 AM
May 2021
Amazing ep!! Akane is fckn back!!
May 24, 2023 8:51 AM
Jan 2021
Wow..that last scene forced a "Woooooo!!!" from me. 
The foreshadowing was well done and should have prepared me. I think it was Aqua's unexpected reaction that caused me to yelp like a true otaku. 
I am really enjoying this story!
May 24, 2023 8:52 AM
Feb 2020
How do they do it? They end every episode with a banger
May 24, 2023 8:53 AM
Apr 2023
Damn, this episode contains one of my favorite events in the early parts of the manga. This episode added a lot of dimension and really made an impact for me even if I already knew what was gonna happen.

So this is it, Tool #2 is around the corner.
May 24, 2023 8:53 AM

Jul 2012
Whoa, she has Ai's eyes and mannerisms. That's quite the transformation. So this is her talent.
May 24, 2023 8:54 AM
May 2021
The final 2 minutes of this episode gave me goosbumps
May 24, 2023 8:55 AM

Jul 2021
good to see akane is normal now, all thanks to aqua and others.

btw what tf was akane doing in her room like decrypting ai's personality like that? that was so weird, she first noticed normal things like, perfectionist, the way she holds chopsticks, the way she walks and then suddenly lands on developmental disorder and had sex in puberty out of nowhere like wtf? how can you know that by looking at pictures fuck off. and self-destructive behaviour? where did that come from? what is this ass-pull

the ending scene though damn, that scene was really great. aqua's expression made me lol. akane's just acting i guess but i was a little taken aback by how they showed such striking similarity between akane and ai and i thought wtf is this but understood later that she's just "acting" as aqua's ideal girl. the shootings should become more fun now, i'm sure aqua never expected something like this to happen. he might as well fall for akane.
TsutanaiFuunMay 24, 2023 9:01 AM

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

May 24, 2023 8:58 AM

Jan 2018
Aqua deserves the best boi status for all his work for Akane. Even if he doesn't admit it I think he deeply cares about Akane and the others.

Another person who deserves credit is MEM. I don't think Aqua and the other actors would've been able to help much without her knowledge about the internet.

Akane deserves all the love. It sucks that this one event will forever be engraved in her mind because sweaty neckbeards would always bring it up.

The series was good already but these last 2 episodes were amazing. I'm vaguely aware of the things that happen to celebrities already but this show is so direct about portraying them that I don't think I'll forget them again. I applaud how unapologetic this series is when portraying the problems of the entertainment industry.

It was also heartbreaking to discover that her story was also based on a very similar thing that happened just a few years ago and actually ended in a suicide. I'm talking about Hana Kimura. And if the stats used in the show is true then 50 other people also lost their lives from cyberbullying. And those are just celebrities. Imagine how many regular people took their lives because of cyberbullying that we don't know of.

OH MY GAHHH. That ending got me good. I can't wait another week for episode 7! I need it right now!

UnknownUser101 said:

I kind of figured these 2 episodes would receive some sort of backlash from some Japanese viewers. But I gotta know if they're a majority or minority. Do you have any other stories about people criticizing the portrayal of suicide in Oshi no Ko like that or was the reaction overwhelmingly positive?

Nov 2018
GODDAMN the end of this episode. Amazing adaptation of the manga, this anime doesn't stop surprising me.

SEIBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Oct 2021
Akane seems to have transformed from a shy and talented girl without a goal to a menace

Jul 2017
Doga Kobo continue to do their thing with this series. Last sequence with Akane embracing her actress/Ai mode to attract Aqua as thanks for him saving her and to finally have a proper role in that show was expressive and well done. She's not the most natural person for reality TV but if she has a clear direction in mind with what her character should do, there are not many people committed to pull that off like her. Her room when researching about Ai explained that a ton, all basically because in her perspective she knew that Aqua liked her with no other context. Was a bit creepy and corny overall with how committed she was in that room segment to research even the smallest details about Ai's actions, but that's how much you could feel her truly dedicated to this character to make it work. She was shown to be studious in previous episodes and that came to full effect here.

Nice to see the cast stand up for her too online with making that video and making sure that they are by her side in this too. People on social media love to rip celebrities apart and they sure ripped Akane a new one, but it's good for her to stay motivated to stay in the show and for her to have some people like the cast mates to care for her a lot like that in this episode. Hate comments would never completely be written off, some will pop up here and there, but at least the damage has been limited for now. Akane's new character for this series should help her with transitioning her way back into the series and have her shine in the process.

May 24, 2023 9:03 AM
Nov 2021
Akane did some "Act Age" type of research for her character. She literally became Ai in an instant and I love it
May 24, 2023 9:04 AM
Apr 2023
I loved the ending scene with Akane portraying the eyes and attitude of Ai! At the same time it was a little scary; how accurate she was with the gestures and all. This show just keeps getting better and better, can’t wait for next week!
May 24, 2023 9:07 AM

Jun 2019
I'm so glad that Akane recovered from the last episode and is doing much better now. The director did take the blame at least in front of Aqua. And, they did change many people's minds on Twitter which was nice of them. And, Akane is back on set. And, she's way too good at acting and her motivation was too strong there. That research part was a little too much. I thought she was gonna overwork herself but she did an incredible job. She definitely resembles Ai but with a different voice and face.
May 24, 2023 9:09 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Pretty fire ending. It's all a performance, but it still shows that Akane is a very talented actress that can capture someone else to a T.

Mind blowing that when she came back to the show she had to apologize to the crew for "the trouble she caused". I know that's the local culture and the way they adress these things but there's for me something fundamentally wrong with a person who has suffered so much to have to be apologetic to others in that way
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 24, 2023 9:09 AM
Aug 2017
The ending was amazing but I'm praying to god this doesn't turn into a harem
May 24, 2023 9:10 AM

May 2019
When Yuki ran and slapped Akane but then hugged her, I felt that. I hope Akane never considers taking her life in this show again.

What a great follow-up to the last episode and the ending in this one... wow. Not only does Ruby have Ai's look and eyes but now Akane has those eyes and Ai's mannerisms too! I can't recall Aqua gasping and reacting like how he did at the end with Akane there up to this point, it was impressive what Akane did within a minute of returning.
May 24, 2023 9:10 AM

Mar 2023
scary imitation + deja vu T-T
May 24, 2023 9:11 AM

Jun 2014
Glad to see they resolved the drama and brought the criticism against Akane down a little. That was much needed after a heavy episode last week. 

Akane at the end shows her acting chops, imitating Ai in order to act as Aqua's ideal type of girl. Impressive stuff from her. 
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Dec 2020
Poor Aqua has rescued Akane from the suicide attempt and the pain she must through.
This was a dramatic and emotional episode.She cried her soul out of it.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Nov 2019
now Akane has a sharingan
May 24, 2023 9:13 AM
Feb 2023
Zakaker said:

Too late… (character limit)
May 24, 2023 9:13 AM

Jan 2019
Wow that transformation at the end was mesmerizing! This show is really good at displaying how captivating a good performer can be.

May 24, 2023 9:14 AM

Apr 2022
Akane is popping off, daamn
May 24, 2023 9:14 AM
Apr 2022
Zakaker said:
it doesn’t lol, don’t worry
May 24, 2023 9:15 AM
Jun 2022
The end was amazing!
Pages (17) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Would you like to marry Ai given the opportunity? (first ep spoilers)

Shizuna - May 6

40 by A_Yaze »»
May 11, 8:38 AM

» Overhyped

Mooogle - May 9

41 by KayKimii »»
May 10, 11:44 AM

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Usopp8000 - Mar 27, 2023

2678 by wibugar »»
May 9, 3:10 AM

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yuyuichi - Jun 28, 2023

680 by Darkiiii »»
May 6, 10:23 PM

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ricky16 - May 17, 2023

869 by Tsukimariko »»
May 5, 7:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.