Forum Settings
Forums
Spice and Wolf (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
May 13, 2023 9:05 PM
Oct 2021
So I have just recently gotten into reading light novels so naturally I've wanted to start getting into reading Spice and Wolf. Now I've watched the entire anime adaptation. Does that mean I should start reading the light novel series somewhere in the middle where the anime ends? If so, what volume would that be? Or should I just not bother and start reading the series from the beginning? Any input would be helpful!

Thank you!
May 14, 2023 12:31 AM

Jan 2021
If i remember correctly, anime doesn't cover 5th Novel, Ik it sounds weird but you can start from chapter 4 and skip to chapter 6, so you will read the parts that didn't mention on anime.

Or either start from the beginning like a normal readthrough. Its up to your decision.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did i become a boomer or new seasonals animes are not hitting the spot anymore ?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
May 14, 2023 12:42 AM

Dec 2020
The anime covered vol 1,2,3,5 so if you don't want to read them, then I suggest starting from vol 4 and going to vol 6 after that.

May 14, 2023 8:20 AM
Dec 2021
I'd start from volume 1. The anime changes a few pretty significant plot points (even from as early as chapter 1, not too majorly though) and I feel like it's worth the read just so you can cover those. Volume 1 is also just very tightly written and a very enjoyable read in general. At the end of the day, it's up to you. I don't think it would make too much of a difference for your own personal enjoyment of the series
May 14, 2023 12:13 PM
Oct 2015
I actually started reading the novels starting with the sixth one after finishing the anime. There is definitely not a smooth transition and you do notice while reading that some things didn’t happen the same way and notice that some events were cut completely from the anime.

I think you might want to start from the beginning for the “full experience.”

Alternatively, you may want to read the fourth novel as those events weren’t in the anime as I understand, so you catch up on what you missed and then proceed to the sixth volume. That would be the best way not to have to retread the story you already know.

Starting from the sixth volume is fine, it works, but you will have a few “what are they talking about?” moments here or there.

Whatever way you decide to go I hope you enjoy the rest of the story!!!

More topics from this board

» Ookami to Koushinryou Vol. 4

JeremiahOrange - Nov 2, 2023

1 by TheMangaManiac »»
Mar 8, 9:25 PM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou Vol. 1

removed-user - Apr 9, 2016

4 by gannoncannon55 »»
Dec 23, 2023 9:42 PM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou Chapter 3 Discussion

TripleSRank - Nov 19, 2015

1 by gannoncannon55 »»
Dec 22, 2023 9:32 PM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou Chapter 2 Discussion

TripleSRank - Nov 17, 2015

3 by gannoncannon55 »»
Dec 22, 2023 2:52 AM

» Ookami to Koushinryou Vol. 6

JeremiahOrange - Nov 6, 2023

0 by JeremiahOrange »»
Nov 6, 2023 5:46 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.