Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 22, 2023 7:28 AM

Nov 2011
Attack of the centipedes, giants, and other monsters...although I guess it's not surprising to see them in this type of show now.

As usual, it's great they kept the scenes uncensored and we got action and violence at its finest. It's also interesting to see Sagiri and Gabiru working together now, instead of putting a blade against each others' throats. Yuzuhira is also back so she brings her charismatic personality into the episode. Not going to lie, I enjoyed watching her brief interaction with Gabiru. 

Pretty based action episode. One other guy I also paid attention to is Aza who seems to enjoy fighting and violence. 
Apr 22, 2023 7:29 AM

Jun 2019
Cool action in this episode. Gabimaru took them down as expected of him but even someone like him needed help from other criminals on the island. Yuzuriha finally arrived and immediately tried to work her charms on Gabimaru but Gabi knew her techniques. Looks like they're going to form a temporary alliance on the island which is great for survival. Love seeing Yuzuriha in action. "No sob stories here."

The monsters have gotten creepier and we have no job but to fight these monsters. Touma and Chobei... loved seeing the duo. My boys. It'll be interesting to see how things change from here on out. Great episode.
Apr 22, 2023 7:29 AM

May 2020
About time we see fights which aren’t between these convicts or executioners, as let’s be honest we aren’t on this island to watch something so usual. So for the unusual, these fifty metres tall titans will be the frequent opponents from here on. Gabimaru can handle one or two of them at once a tad too easily but for a horde of them… nah not possible until he and Sagiri teams up with someone.

So here’s one such person, Yuzuriha with her executioner Senta. She’s hot, she’s cunning, she doesn’t think twice before backstabbing someone and most of all she a shinobi too, like Gabimaru. Goes without saying she only thinks about her interest, I mean she fooled that one convict just so she could know more about how these not-so-normal creatures do their things lol. Plenty likeable.

Was waiting for Chobei and Toma finally making their proper appearance, and they did in the second half. Chobei being the convict, and Toma despite not being a Yamada from blood, is indeed a member of their clan, and executioner of Chobei. These brothers don’t give a fuck about anyone except if that someone is one of them. So yeah better be on their good sides, especially of Chobei.

Things will start to pick up from next time now.
Apr 22, 2023 8:55 AM
May 2021
Seeing Gabimaru is fireeee!
Apr 22, 2023 8:55 AM

Feb 2021
Rie Takahashi is amazing as always. 
Apr 22, 2023 9:00 AM

Nov 2019
Toma kinda caught me off-guard when he started talking...I like how much of a bro Chobei is toward him.

Yuzuriha tried to seduce Gami three times and failed each time

Apr 22, 2023 9:01 AM

Oct 2022
Some monsters have a cool design… we know that in the island there is a mix between Taoism and Buddhist culture.. many important characters are introduced and easily killed the new “titans” from Mappa.

Apr 22, 2023 9:03 AM

Jul 2017
The Blade Dragon Tamiya Gantetsusai attached with Yamada Asaemon Fuchi, the criminal is looking to eliminate his competition so that he can find the Elixir of Life with peace in his mind. Though what awaits him at the Sanctuary island with what both Gabimaru and Sagiri are witnessing of monsters, this is Hell within Paradise.

Being surrounded by enemies all around, Gabimaru is soloing against the monsters, knowing that Sagiri will be dead weight. The appearance of other rivals in the form of ninja Yuzuriha with two of the Asaemon together with her: Genji, originally assigned to Moro Makiya whom Yuzuriha successfully seduced, and her original watcher Senma, she is looking forward to the alliance with Gabimaru, which to him, she is wasting time by working together with her. Furthermore, the human-faced butterflies that conflict both Buddhist and Taoist paraphernalia, this Paradise is looking to be not what it seems from face value. Even though they're fellow ninja samurai with Gabimaru keeps his stance against Yuzuriha, deciding to work together is the only way that they'll survive to the very end with betrayal awaiting them.

The brothers of criminal-executioner Bandit King Chobe and Yamada Asaemon Toma, their story has always been the survival of the fittest. And now in Paradise, they face the same monsters, being adapting to change and coming out of it strong. Death awaits for no one if you don't change, and the older brother Chobe spearheads the charge with younger brother Toma on the journey to claim the Elixir of Life.

Different factions, all vying for the same goal, the threats are ever growing to weed the weak out.
Apr 22, 2023 9:07 AM

Aug 2017
Love those monster designs. Yuzuriha is certainly charming, but of course it doesn't work on Gabi. Love to see the bond between the brothers, kinda rooting for them.
Apr 22, 2023 9:13 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
IT'S

FINALLY

TIME

TO 

SIMP!
Apr 22, 2023 9:14 AM

Dec 2022
the weak would be weeded out so then sagiri should be weeded out too she has a weak mental constitution but she is a main character so thats highly unlikely
Apr 22, 2023 9:17 AM
Sep 2015
Oh I'm glad some criminals are less evil than others, some are just destroying properties, some are just trying to survive in a cruel world, now I can root for some characters.

Jan 2009
Yuzuriha is sexy hot she can deceive me any time

survival of the fittest eh those who are genius in adaptation survives while the weak dies
Oct 2016
Some of the craziest monsters you'll ever see are on this island. Absolutely horrific contortions of man mixed with animal. The designs on these monsters are wild and terrifying, I don't blame Sagiri much for being overwhelmed by all the madness. It would truly make you question reality and your own sanity seeing things like that. Not only being right in front of you but trying to kill you too. Its a good thing Gabimaru can just block everything else out and focus on killing. I loved seeing him go all out against these things. Honing in using his ninjitsu to obliterate these monsters, lighting up their heads and making them pop. He took out quite a few but these things are very strong even being able to hurt him.

This episode did a great job of introducing a lot of new characters, both criminals and monitors. We got a bunch of both, the giant guy who's called the sword dragon was cool paired with the asaemon whom dissects people. We get even more of Yuzuriha this episode which is great, she's a lot of fun I enjoy her character a lot. The two monitors with her are interesting as well. Then the two brothers one whom infiltrated the asaemon so he could get paired up on The island with his bandit older brother. The cast is vast and differentiated enough to keep things entertaining. As they all try to survive while these insane monsters roam around.
Apr 22, 2023 9:20 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm so Tamiya ended up on death row because of such a reason. Short he may be but Fuchi can be deceptively strong not just in terms of sword skills either. If anything the island's fauna doesn't lack in variety. The combo of the attack of the island's fauna and the awakening of Gabimaru's determination sure did well to intrduce a new phase in their mission. Genji sure talked big for someone that had fallen for Yuzu's charms. Makiya proved to be the perfect test subject. Never thought that the Asaemon were also weak to infiltrators as well. Nice ref to the 47 Ronin tale though. But the pairing of Chobe and Toma sure ended up featuring quite the relationship between them. Overall a excellent ep that featured some nice action while intrducing formally three more of the prisoners in the form of Tamiya, Yuzuriha and Chobe and their respective backstories.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 22, 2023 9:21 AM
Community Mod
Undead

Mar 2022
Hmm, I wonder what the origin of those monsters are. It's even creepier since they can talk.
Apr 22, 2023 9:26 AM

Feb 2019
Man these episodes ain’t long enough! As soon as shit start getting good they end! Personally Yuzuriha would’ve made me fold, I don’t blame the one asaemon at all for tagging along lol. On this island strength is numbers so she and gabimaru teaming up is good. Especially with Sagiri’s mental struggles rn

Takahashi rie snapped as usual, her recent performances really making me like her. Three great characters back to back.

I’m really interested in Toma and his brother, that’s a cool dynamic but I kinda get death flags from them. Can’t wait for next week to find out more about this island
Apr 22, 2023 9:27 AM
Mar 2021
this anime keeps getting better and better, seriously its amazing specially the weird and out of the ordinary creatures its just pure PERFECTION
Apr 22, 2023 9:31 AM
May 2021
This episode was straight up fire and I don't want to see anybody writting the animation is bad because the animation in this episode was filled with pure sakuga.
Apr 22, 2023 9:33 AM
Aug 2020
Great ep can't wait for more gabimaru is firee
Apr 22, 2023 9:36 AM
Stellaron Hunter

Oct 2020
That island is like Dark Souls, Gabimaru continues to be badass.
Yuzuriha is definitely waifu material and she is voiced by best VA.
Incessant Rain

“Can you let me have some fun this time?”

Apr 22, 2023 9:39 AM
Oct 2020
Does anyone else really hate what the author has done to Sagiri's character since episode 1? Every episode she has become weaker and more useless and appears to be having a mental breakdown. Complete 180 from her character in episode 1. There are ways to portray someone who is conflicted and unsure of themselves without turning them into a complete waste of screen time.
Apr 22, 2023 9:42 AM

Feb 2021
It's kinda funny how Sagiri appeared really strong and stoic at first but now she seems very weak.
The sibling relationship is quite wholesome in its own messed up way lol
MadanielFL said:
Rie Takahashi is amazing as always. 
I feel ashamed that I didn't recognize her voice. 5th anime this season with her, damn.
EmbientApr 22, 2023 9:47 AM
Apr 22, 2023 9:47 AM

May 2020
another great ep
gabimaru is so op 
cant wait to see more of him

Apr 22, 2023 9:47 AM

Dec 2018
Two more criminals 'past' story reveal. Tamiya is actually a good guy.... He just a short temper guy that destroyed some high rank guy property...
Touma is actually a boy... And the bandit younger brother?... Asaemon is not everyone related then?...
Well, since the kunoichi lied a lot... Wonder if her true intentions are just to stay alive... Only the kid criminal story left...

Sagiri look so badass on the 1st episode... After that, she look so weak.....

Apr 22, 2023 9:48 AM

Nov 2016
That was a long recap and these creatures give me titan vibes

EcchiGodMamster said:
IT'S

FINALLY

TIME

TO 

SIMP!

✍🏻

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 22, 2023 9:57 AM

Jun 2014
Yuzuriha would have had me acting unwise. You're a stronger man than I am, Gabimaru. Strength in numbers definitely is a smart idea on this weird and unfamiliar island so this teamup with Yuzuriha and the other 2 Asaemon should be good for now.

Seriously, I want to ask Yuji Kaku what kind of shit was flowing through his brain when he came up with these monster designs. Creepy doesn't do justice when it comes to describing them. Some other designs later in the manga are also crazy so seeing them animated down the road will be cool. We got a lot of action though and seeing the Aza brothers in action was nice. Really liking Chobe so far, and of course Gabimaru will keep doing his thing. 
thebrentinator24Apr 22, 2023 10:06 AM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Apr 22, 2023 10:00 AM

Jun 2014
Nikmomo93 said:
Asaemon is not everyone related then?...
Yamada Asaemon is just a title, these people aren't blood relatives.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Apr 22, 2023 10:07 AM
Jul 2018
This shit was cringe harem + fights with no tension
Apr 22, 2023 10:08 AM
Apr 2023
perfect as always
Apr 22, 2023 10:15 AM
Nov 2022
aussie2486 said:
Does anyone else really hate what the author has done to Sagiri's character since episode 1? Every episode she has become weaker and more useless and appears to be having a mental breakdown. Complete 180 from her character in episode 1. There are ways to portray someone who is conflicted and unsure of themselves without turning them into a complete waste of screen time.

We're literally at the start of a 13 volume story. She has PLENTY of time to shine. She held her own against the most legendary in universe shinobi in the previous episode. We only get 20 minutes per episode so ofc there's going to be some where she takes a back seat.

and wouldnt you become kinda dumbfounded and useless when surrounded by 10 meter tall monsters previously only conceived of in myth?
Apr 22, 2023 10:18 AM
May 2022
Peak as always. Finally Touma and Chobe appear, can't wait for Tenza
Jul 2018
oh i know this dude

Oct 2022
Is that female ninja the one turning the people into flowers or something.

This show just keeps getting more interesting. Can't wait to see the further adventure and the duel between Gabimaru and other prisoners. Especially that brother duo, they seems pretty strong.
Apr 22, 2023 10:21 AM

Mar 2022
Decent episode. I dont like Yuzuhira too much, hoping she won't be a big part of this show.
What the show is doing to Sagiri is annoying imo. She becomes more useless the more episodes come out, hoping that'll change.
Apr 22, 2023 10:27 AM

Aug 2021
Learning more and more about the world which is interesting. Not really sure where everything is heading but it looks like we’re making a bit of progress each episode
Apr 22, 2023 10:30 AM
Feb 2021
aussie2486 said:

Sagiri will get her glow up, don’t worry.
Apr 22, 2023 10:32 AM
Nov 2021
They all realised that place is hell not heaven....Chobe reminds me of Bakugou
Apr 22, 2023 10:34 AM
Feb 2021
hailequuu said:
Decent episode. I dont like Yuzuhira too much, hoping she won't be a big part of this show.
What the show is doing to Sagiri is annoying imo. She becomes more useless the more episodes come out, hoping that'll change.

Sorry but Yuzuriha is a pretty key character in the show. Also about Sagiri, she’ll get her get-back, don’t worry. Sagiri is actually very important in the show and I can’t say exactly why since it’ll be a spoiler.
Apr 22, 2023 10:35 AM

Jun 2016
I look forward to seeing more Choubei who is proving to be quite an interesting character to watch

Gift by Mimurona

Apr 22, 2023 10:37 AM

Mar 2022
Rembe said:
hailequuu said:

Sorry but Yuzuriha is a pretty key character in the show. Also about Sagiri, she’ll get her get-back, don’t worry. Sagiri is actually very important in the show and I can’t say exactly why since it’ll be a spoiler.
Ahhh okay, I'll just have to deal with it then haha. I'm glad Sagiri's gonna be important though. Thanks! :)
Apr 22, 2023 10:42 AM

Oct 2022
As each episode goes on, I get the feeling more and more that his wife is actually dead.
Apr 22, 2023 10:45 AM

Jul 2014
Some talking titans wth. Now this will actually be survival of the fittest
Apr 22, 2023 10:45 AM
Jun 2021
Gympy said:
As each episode goes on, I get the feeling more and more that his wife is actually dead.

nooo don't sayyy that 😭😭😭
Apr 22, 2023 10:53 AM

May 2021
pretty normal/good episode, animation and action are solid.

more YUZURIHAAA today is a W. 
[font="\"Proxima Nova Regular\", \"Helvetica Neue\", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"][/font]
Apr 22, 2023 10:54 AM
Jun 2021
I thought there were more fights but still a good one. EP about past life of the sentenced.
Apr 22, 2023 10:59 AM
Jun 2021
Gabimaru and Yuzuriha joined forces and we got some backstories

Them monsters can actually talk
Apr 22, 2023 11:05 AM

Sep 2017
Sure love getting a backstory for a side character that hasn't even met the MC yet and that we've basically also just met. Boob ninja is apparently not dead and does boob ninja things to ensure the shounen fans pps stay hard. Gabi goes sicko mode aot style and kills some giant fuckers and his hands make fire.
Apr 22, 2023 11:14 AM
Dec 2021
aussie2486 said:

That is the point of her character and that is how she will grow. The entire episode was about changing and adapting which is what she needs to do to survive. In the first episode she wasn't in an unusual environment or a crazy situation so she was able to seem stronger. Now she is in a very overwhelming environment and she needs to adapt to survive in this essentially new world. It is a great way to set up character development instead of the usual way of just saying she is weak and needs to get stronger. The show is saying she needs to adapt because she is strong in the traditional sense, but they aren't in a traditional situation.
Apr 22, 2023 11:19 AM

Feb 2022
It's getting better by every ep
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jigokuraku Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 1, 2023

324 by Sun_Chan »»
May 23, 12:03 AM

Poll: » Jigokuraku Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2023

195 by Sun_Chan »»
May 22, 11:38 PM

Poll: » Jigokuraku Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2023

184 by Sun_Chan »»
May 22, 11:18 PM

Poll: » Jigokuraku Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2023

138 by Sun_Chan »»
May 22, 10:54 PM

Poll: » Jigokuraku Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2023

201 by Sun_Chan »»
May 22, 10:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.