Your Lie in April
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 11, 2023 9:09 AM

Jan 2021
Sagenaker11 said:
Ionliosite2 said:
Tbf, when I watched it many years ago I really liked it and thought the ending was sad, but in retrospective I also realized that this was a poorly done drama with characters literally kicking the guy with trauma from abuse as comedy, it is just a big mismatch of tone that undermines absolutely everything.

Many stupid stuff are highly rated on this site like Shingeki no Kyojin and 86, but I'm sure you already know this. And no, you didn't lost any underlaying message because there were none.
its not advisable to shit talk other anime when you literally have garbage like black clover and nisekoi in your fav among many other irrelevant shows. Especially with the most boring protagonist shirou as your pic

If you are going to keep talking to me at least do it in your main account instead of an alt.
Apr 11, 2023 9:19 AM
Aug 2022
Ionliosite2 said:
Sagenaker11 said:
its not advisable to shit talk other anime when you literally have garbage like black clover and nisekoi in your fav among many other irrelevant shows. Especially with the most boring protagonist shirou as your pic

If you are going to keep talking to me at least do it in your main account instead of an alt.
with all the crap in your fav, dont worry I wont bother you
Apr 14, 2023 7:07 AM
Dec 2021
I couldn't agree more with OP. Not sure how this show is rated so highly.

Ever second scene someone's bawling their eyes out for reasons. Some episodes were literally just voiceover of characters internal dialogue because we're having feelings now. The ENDING is so unnecessary. I've sat through 22 episodes which probably is 10 more than we needed only to have the protagonists romance interest fkn die. Such a cheap cop out to bait more tears. The bunny girl one was better no? And it wasn't perfect.

I've had my fair share of tear bait work on me but this show was 22 episodes of child abuse trauma, buried love suffering, dead mother trauma, and then the cherry on top is instead of some relief where we bring the audience back from the depths we put them in - we send out the door feeling bitter. Not even bittersweet, the fact she loved him the whole time and thats the meaning of the title is a JOKE. She was supposed to be living it up as honestly as possible she's got a year to live, you love some boy, prolly gonna tell him or something no? No we're so awful at feelings I prefer to literally take my feelings since childhood to the GRAVE.

A-1 has done it again. Beautiful animation, beautiful sound design, cast and absolutely drop the ball on the plot.
Apr 16, 2023 5:13 PM

May 2018
ateks said:
Contains spoilers for Your Lie in April.

For me it looks like the whole anime is just building up for these last 5 minutes to be the biggest tearjerker ever while providing absolutely nothing of substance. I'm all for cringey romance and sad endings but this is just bullshit. Why is this so popular and highly rated? Did I miss some deep underlying message here?
Yes man, you got it perfectly, there is nothing more, nothing you didn't get.
This is the worst drama romance ever, just that.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2015

1177 by ojarlos »»
May 11, 12:06 PM

Poll: » What do you think of the character artstyle?

Mallony - Oct 10, 2014

40 by Keytee1 »»
May 5, 9:35 PM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2014

335 by RickHatake »»
May 1, 5:07 AM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 29, 2015

234 by exho26 »»
May 1, 2:25 AM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2014

331 by RickHatake »»
Apr 23, 7:07 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.