Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 31, 2023 1:19 PM

Sep 2017
Yeah I mean them kinda rule of cooling their way through the Suwa mansion and escaping the organization for good is a little sus but the details of that aren't super important. The only rly dumb thing was when Rei could have just shot the psycho dude from behind but instead charges him yelling his name which allowed him to dodge and the fight continued. But hey the way he actually ended up dying was pretty brutal so that's cool. This was just a cute family show and they'd have to leave at some point if they wanted to properly raise their daughter so whatever.
Mar 31, 2023 1:26 PM
Jul 2022
Honestly for me this show was kinda average, had some very good wholesome moments but also had almost full episodes where I was bored to death. Ending was very rushed but I did appreciate the time skip showing how they grew up as a family. Rei questioning family during the photo scene at the end kinda disappointed me because after raising her for 10 plus years, I feel like that should of been obvious, didnt ruin the ending but it didn't help. 5/10, like I said, I enjoyed the show but average for me
Mar 31, 2023 1:38 PM

Dec 2009
Miri being annoying for most of the series ruined it for me. I get that she is 4 and a kid, but Anya is 5 and I didn't find her overbearing or annoying as a character for comparison.

5/10 which is a shame.
Mar 31, 2023 1:38 PM
Aug 2020
So Miri will never know what happened to her parents?

Apart from that, I really enjoyed every episodes.
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Mar 31, 2023 1:41 PM
Jun 2022
el final ha hecho que le haya aumentado un poco la nota la verdad hace falta ms finales en los que hagan un time laps para ver como se han desarrollado las cosas
Mar 31, 2023 1:42 PM

Sep 2009
It was definetely missing like 1 episode or so. Let's see if we'll get an OVA of the sort. Or maybe they'll go Houro Musuko route and add content to some of the latest episodes on BD. We'll see. In general it was the best show of the season out of the ones I watched. And I am glad that they did not start pushing LGBTQ+ agenda to hard here. I do not mind it but it was never a thing here and pushing it just to ponder the audience would have looked not like a progressive move but more like pondering the fujoshi in this case. The subtle things like people in kindergrten not questioning their situation worked way better.  
Nachtwandler_21Mar 31, 2023 3:31 PM
Mar 31, 2023 1:43 PM

Nov 2011
Honestly the ending felt really rushed. But still a good anime overall. 8/10
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Mar 31, 2023 1:45 PM
Oct 2021
ngl i thought it was going to end with miri singing, im happy with the ending ๐Ÿฉท๐Ÿฅฒ
Mar 31, 2023 1:48 PM
Oct 2022
honestly it would've been a 10/10 if the ep cut didn't happen and we got 13 eps as we were supposed to it felt kinda rushed but nevertheless it was still great and 9/10 for me hopefully an ova atleast?a man can dream
Mar 31, 2023 2:04 PM
Mar 2023
One of the bests animes i wached in my life, the final episode is incredible.
The photo broked my heart.
Mar 31, 2023 2:07 PM

Jun 2017
This was a lot of fun. Easily one of my favorite anime to come out recently.
Signature.
Mar 31, 2023 2:15 PM

Feb 2014
While I do admit that the pacing towards the end of the series was rushed a bit too much, it still did a great job in portraying the conclusion as a whole. =)

It also felt satisfying to see Ogino finally getting killed off. Not only was his fight against Kazuki and Rei had some great production values, but the way he was killed off was very brutal. He fully deserved it, obviously!

Rei also stood up to his father and his words finally got through to his old man, as despite holding his gun towards Rei as he made his farewell, he never shot Rei at all. I'm also happy that Kazuki and Rei made it back to the Christmas play just in time, too, whic brought a smile to Miri's face.

After that, came a 10 year time skip out of nowhere. Kazuki and Rei run a nice cafe by the beach, with Miri now at the age to go to high school and she looks just as beautiful as ever. Her selfie with her fathers at the end was a sweet way to end the series as a whole.

Overall, this was a great start to 2023 for P.A Works. Aside from the pacing towards the end, this series has been a joy to watch, with many funny moments, strong production values, catchy soundtrack and also, in my opinion, the best OP song of the season.

8/10 will be my final score and I highly look forward to watching Skip & Loafer in the next season. =D
Mar 31, 2023 2:15 PM
Sep 2021
I LOVE IT!! I almost cried when i saw Miri as a teenager. They did everything for her!
Mar 31, 2023 2:34 PM
Mar 2023
It had brotherhood ending that just make the show better by default
Mar 31, 2023 2:39 PM

Dec 2013
I loved every second of this show and they did it, they made me cry just a little bit as soon as I saw Miri as a teenager living a happy life with that big smile, while you can totally notice the rushed ending it was such a conclusive and happy ending I don't mind it too much. It can't be helped to compare this one to Spy x Family I would say I liked Buddy Daddies much more, I guess this show is basically what I expected Spy x Family was going to be.

I really hope they keep the touching parenting shows coming.
Mar 31, 2023 2:43 PM
Mar 2023
It was perfect i will miss that
Mar 31, 2023 2:46 PM
Jun 2019
This anime has things that I like. Snow and Christmas in the last episode.
Mar 31, 2023 2:50 PM
Dec 2021
I want Buddy Daddies season 2, hopefully
Mar 31, 2023 3:02 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
For those who didn't like it at first as I did, I'm sure it has been a show that slowly but surely grew on you. I'm so glad they showed a little time skip of Miri heading to her first day of highschool, and Kazuki and Rei doing more honest work as the owners of a diner. 

I'm assuming she probably knows by now, but I still wish they'd have shown us a scene where they tell Miri that her mother is dead. Or maybe it's something that she'd eventually come to realize without anyone telling her. Either way, I thought a scene like that would've give this show even more depth.

This was good, another one in the bag for PA Works. I was thinking of dropping it during the first few episodes, but I'm glad I didn't.

7.6/10

NYANPASU
5700XT

Mar 31, 2023 3:12 PM
Jan 2023
Literally the most amazing thing ever. I'm actually crying, like, currently
Mar 31, 2023 3:20 PM
Dec 2016
perfect melhor anime da temporada de janeiro de 2023!
Mar 31, 2023 3:30 PM

Nov 2013
This was a surprisingly good last episode, especially with the time-skip part. "Happily ever after" type of sweet ending. 

Too bad episode 11 ruined the whole experience though (IMO). There was absolutely no reason why Miri's mom couldn't have died peacefully at least. Her death was inevitable anyways. She could've accepted dads as Miri's guardians and actually went somewhere far away (one of many possibilities) to meet her end somewhere Miri would not be able to see it. Yeah, saying goodbye to sleeping Miri and disappearing from her life would've also been sad, but getting murdered next door was just nuts. Can't help but complain about that BS. 
But, I guess they had to rush things and why not add elements of emotional manipulation while we're at it, right? Of course they'd then skip the "explaining how mom died" part and how Miri dealt with the news in addition to being lied to for years. That would've been the saddest and most dramatic episode, but let's have it resolved conveniently. It just happened and everything's tip-top. I wonder if Miri was ever told the truth though. She obviously knows mom's dead but her dads could've fabricated a lie similar to mine to avoid trauma. You be the judge which is better, truth or deceit. 

Ogino part was retarded like in previous episode. I was rolling eyes hard when he finally got himself killed. F-ing cartoon villain. Ridiculous.

Rei's father and assassin organization part made little sense too. If assassins were to hunt Rei/Kazuki/Miri even if Rei killed own father, shouldn't that imply there are other organizations/leaders out there monitoring them (something Akin to the High Table in John Wick)? Rei's dad has to answer to someone else too, right? It's not like he's some local Yakuza. In other words Rei would still be hunted down. I don't buy for a second that people like Rei's dad (who saw own kid as just a replacement tool and a murder-machine) would have a change of heart and accept Rei's bullshit, nor would they make sure Rei isn't bothered by anyone (which apparently happened and we're forced to accept).

Oh yeah, it's a comedy show so there's no reason to argue about nonsensical plot and logic I guess. You eat what's served and leave, Chef doesn't give a shit.  

With all this considered this was still a pretty decent show NGL. 7/10

Could've been solid 8 or even 9 though.
Sigmar-UnberogenMar 31, 2023 3:35 PM
Mar 31, 2023 3:33 PM
Jan 2023
this instantly shot into my top 10 animes of all time. I started crying like they were my own family at the end. I'm so proud of Rei, and I love them all so dearly. Thank you Studio PA works, I literally have nothing but praise. the only thing we were missing was a kiss!
Mar 31, 2023 3:39 PM

Jan 2021
love that timeskip :)
Roxy

Mar 31, 2023 3:46 PM
Dec 2018
Final maravilhoso!!!! Eu tava com medo de dar algo ruim, mas ainda bem que deu tudo certo!!!!
Mar 31, 2023 3:50 PM
Oct 2018
It was definitely disappointing seeing Rei hesitate to take a family photo at the end even though they’ve been together for 10 years, especially after all that talk about being a real family… Acceptable ending otherwise.
Mar 31, 2023 4:00 PM

Mar 2020
Ah, so they went with that type of ending. It does its job, but I can't help but expect more. I really feel this story could have been expanded more, perhaps in a two cour format, or perhaps even just one more episode, but what we got was still sufficient enough to be satisfying. The villains weren't great, for sure, that also could have been better. The Ogino guy was honestly pretty annoying, since his book of last words basically ended up being a gimmick that resulted in his demise.

Overall, enjoyable enough, and even though no sequel is likely coming, at least all the loose ends were basically tied up.
Mar 31, 2023 4:05 PM

Apr 2016
NO WAY NO WAYYYYYYYY PA Works did not disappoint us with Sad/Bitterweet ending.

I thought they gonna pull up something bad while Miri were singing Silent Night, thankfully that didn't happen!!!

Such a great anime, its something i'm gonna recommend to my friends.
Definitely gonna be my Original anime of the year.
Why do we have to live in such a cruel world?

Mar 31, 2023 4:36 PM

Feb 2017
oh my god that timeskip was so wholesome!! pretty good anime overall. still kinda upset over miri's mom being killed but at least the guys killed ogino in the end so i'm happy he got what he deserved

placeholder text
Mar 31, 2023 4:36 PM
Dec 2019
done too soon ๐Ÿ˜”
Mar 31, 2023 4:41 PM

Feb 2019
perfect ending! wholesome with a bit of bloody goriness thrown in the mix lol
i'm gonna miss this crazy family of misfits lol
Mar 31, 2023 5:14 PM
Feb 2021
miri is all grown up...
Mar 31, 2023 5:20 PM

Nov 2021
That was a very solid show, P.A. Works once again proving that they are great with anime originals. I expected this show to have more action based on ep 1 but they focused more on the family dynamic which is also good. Really my only complaint is that they didn't really address Rei and Kazuki being responsible for the deaths of Miri's parents. I'm not sure if it's implied or not by the end that they told her the truth.
Mar 31, 2023 5:34 PM
Mar 2022
I hope there are some fluffy moments at the end. Kinda curious about Miri's teenage self. I wish there was a twist, like Miri's mom was saved by an ambulance?
Mar 31, 2023 5:35 PM

Jan 2021
Last two minutes of this episode really put a smile on my face. It made me wonder how Miri is going to grow up. What are Rei and Kazuki going to do for a regular job. How is Miri going to look when she's older.

Only thing I didn't like was the confrontation between the organization and Rei/Kazuki. Felt a little too easy in my opinion. Also the organization never once tried to anything else. Come on its a Mob boss, those people hold grudges. I still enjoyed this episode all the same though. It looks like they're going to stick with a one season for this original anime. Honestly with that ending I'm fine with it.
Mar 31, 2023 5:38 PM
Feb 2015
I mean I knew I wanted Ogino dead but c'mon, did you really have to show the stabby stab go right through his body to the front??? I'm legit getting Another episode 1 PTSD from that and you even got liquid gushing sfx too but hey at least it's what I wanted ๐Ÿ˜‚
I'm surprised they didn't decide to kill off the dad as well, and I'm even more surprised the dad didn't kill Rei ahahahahahahah
Was also surprised when they decided to show many years into the future too where Miri is now a high school student, plus they look like they're in Okinawa perhaps?
Still, am satisfied with how it ended but it really is still tragic they had to do Miri's mum like that, kinda wondered how Miri responded to her passing but then again, I wonder if she actually does know.....
But at least we got to see Anna-sensei all scary at the piano again ahahahahah, she's definitely an MVP to this series!
Mar 31, 2023 5:43 PM

Jul 2016
This show turned into such a disaster during its last third. It was already mediocre from the get go but man did its writing go to shit the moment they re-introduced Miri's mother just to kill her off in the next episode and have Rei and Kazuki definitely taking the "parent" role away from her.

Overall, another P.A. Works' original that ends in disappointment. Comedy and serious moments never blended well together, there barely was a sense of direction during the first 6-7 episodes, Miri was insufferable for the most part, Kazuki was equally as insufferable with his man-child overreactions, Ogino as antagonist was a joke...
And then there were all the lazy writing moments such as: the instance of how Kazuki's wife died, the huge inconsistency of having Miri's mother expressing her hatred towards her daughter but then seeing Miri all happy, innocent, abuse-free and well-fed when she was first introduced, Rei's father having a nonsensical change of heart after having half his organization getting wiped out and of course, the awful writing decision of ignoring the elephant in the room and having both "papas" never telling Miri about their involvement in the deaths of both her biological parents. All we had was a last-minute timeskip of them being a happy family with zero consequences and completely trauma-free. Laughable.

2/10
Mar 31, 2023 6:06 PM
Feb 2023
They all aged like fine wine! I'm completely satisfied with the show! Although, I did feel like it was a little easy for them to defeat the organization so quickly. And the mother dying out of no where felt off putting in a way, but I mean oh well. Overall, I think it was decent and wholesome to watch! :]
AveriaMar 31, 2023 6:10 PM
Mar 31, 2023 6:11 PM

Sep 2011
Pretty good show.  The PA Works curse might finally be broken.  They've put out three good shows in a row (although Kongming was just an adaptation)
Mar 31, 2023 6:13 PM
Aug 2022
wish that we got to see miri learning about her mom's death, that would be really emotional. and i'd love to see kazuki & rei dealing with teenage miri and all the challenges that come with that, it would be fun! maybe an ova sequel?
Mar 31, 2023 6:24 PM
Aug 2021
PQPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP QUE ANIME BOM NOSSA PFT DMS SOCORRRO ALIFBLFIUF PSDBPIOGFVBSDPONFVÇOSDBFÍOUFC
Mar 31, 2023 6:27 PM
Jul 2013
Rei papa aged beautifully ๐Ÿ˜ฎ‍๐Ÿ’จ๐Ÿค
Mar 31, 2023 6:41 PM

Dec 2015
How to create a story from zero to be perfect in all the ways, that's the achievement from this production team, they made the best anime in this season and will be very difficult to beat in the rest of the year.

This last episode made me feel some anxiety since the first minute that they leaves Miri in daycare, by what the anime shows us everytime it was very possible that one of them could die, but the authors cared about our water level in the body and prevented such a tragedy.

Mar 31, 2023 6:46 PM

Dec 2022
It was a really pleasant wholesome show and i liked it ^_^
Mar 31, 2023 6:47 PM

Aug 2008
Wow, i'm feeling similar vibes to Akiba Maid War's finale. I enjoyed it....but at the same time....things felt pretty rushed. If they ever do an OVA or something, I would love to see how the two broke the news to Miri (or maybe they've been lying to her this whole time and she's just that gullible lmao).
Mar 31, 2023 6:55 PM
Apr 2022
great episode! Really enjoyed this show and the characters! They were all enjoyable in their owns special way, and I honestly love the development between the characters within the past 12 episodes and yeah!
Mar 31, 2023 7:00 PM
Sep 2021
Ending is very rush, like the characters instant grew up. Still prefer Spy X Family though
Mar 31, 2023 7:06 PM
May 2017
Man that shit was beautiful ๐Ÿ˜ข this would have been flawless if it wasn't for that stupid "boss battle" with that one guy. It's like he forgot how to shoot ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚It was funny watching Kazuki run away slow asf and bro was still missing all the shots.

Aside from that, this episode was heartwarming asf. We probably won't get another season, and I'm okay with that really. This was a solid buddy comedy from start to end. My only complaint was this was a tad rushed towards the end but that's aight.

4.5/5 episode
8/10 anime overall
Mar 31, 2023 7:22 PM
Jan 2021
the last 2 episodes felt like the show was losing steam a bit, and I wasn't sure they were going to stick the landing, but the ending of this episode was strong enough that I did mind the weird pacing that much after it's all said and done. I will say I thought the line about Kazuki going out drinking with a girl was really funny in how blatant it was in making sure the audience knows THEYRE DEFINITELY ABSOLUTELY NOT GAY they just happen to love together and have a daughter together and work a diner together lmao
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Buddy Daddies Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 20, 2023

162 by Skadex »»
May 11, 2:38 PM

Poll: » Buddy Daddies Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2023

152 by PrimeX »»
May 8, 5:59 AM

Poll: » Buddy Daddies Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2023

166 by PrimeX »»
May 7, 5:27 AM

Poll: » Buddy Daddies Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2023

109 by PrimeX »»
May 7, 5:01 AM

Poll: » Buddy Daddies Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2023

95 by PrimeX »»
May 6, 7:06 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.