Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 31, 2023 8:29 AM

Nov 2011
Even though it's the finale, Miri still keeps up a bright smile at school and it's been a year since she's met Kazuki and Rei. Meanwhile, this episode still had some action and gunfighting.

Feels the episode was somewhat rushed but satisfying for being able to balance out the thrilling action and the charming moments from Miri's side of the story. And it's Christmas time too, so that's more to celebrate about. Fun anime overall imo and that Christmas singing segment was adorably cute.
Mar 31, 2023 8:29 AM

Jul 2017
Rei is finally becoming like Kazuki thanks to Miri, being a morning person when she's awake. And on a white Christmas with snow, it's been a year since the both of them had Miri.

After sending Miri to the daycare as per usual, but with her mother Misaki dead, they can only comfort her with words that please children of her age, and at the very least, visit her at the Christmas party. Meeting up with Kyutaro to get weapons for their last assassination job, and while he's not their errand boy, it's going back home to Rei's father's Suwa mansion to seek their revenge.

As expected, Ogino is expecting them both, and words are useless to him, for death is the only result that's imminent of worth. Kazuki buying some time to fend Ogino off, and it was an intense and bloody fight that's made in partnership. The confrontation with both father and son to end things once and for all, the former proclaiming to chase him to the ends of the Earth, while the latter experienced family and familial relations enough to abandon the bloodline he's been called to.

With the matter resolved, it's off to the daycare to find Miri, and her expression changed from being worrisome to being excited that both Kazuki and Rei were around in their Santa suits. And from Buddy Daddies to Daughter Daddies, the 10-year timeskip of Miri all grown up as a high school student (with her 4-year-old mentality intact) with both Kazuki and Rei opening their diner, and a family portrait of the trio is a good way to finish the anime alright, with the full OP song.

Just like Tokyo 24th Ward (because Nitroplus's Vio Shimokura is involved), the ending is clearly rushed, but it doesn't diminish the fact that this show has been great from start to finish.

P.A. Works coming out with a bang at the start of the year, I'm looking forward to more of the studio's offerings for the year ahead.
KANLen09Mar 31, 2023 10:26 AM
Mar 31, 2023 9:14 AM
Jan 2020
I almost admire their commitment to no homo... almost
Aside from this and some rushed pacing overall, 10/10 couldn't be happier
Mar 31, 2023 9:54 AM

Nov 2016
Feels indeed a bit rushed, but nothing will change that this was my anime of the season.

8,5/10

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 31, 2023 9:59 AM
Sep 2021
Feels a bit rush because the production issue that resulted in episode 8.5 being episode 9, but a very strong show !

10/10 for me, truly a delight to watch this anime from start to finish !
Mar 31, 2023 10:06 AM

Feb 2019
Yea that little last 3-4 minutes with timeskip miri and rei and kazuki living a happy life redeemed the show for me after they killed off Miri mom. I still think that was some bs, but Ogino bumass got killed very satisfyingly, that gurgling noise as he choked on his own blood somewhat made up for last week.

Personally I’m not letting my dad go after what he did to me and Miri/kazuki but I understand rei wanted to just start a new peaceful life and couldn’t do that with bloodshed. I respect it.

Miri really grew up to be beautiful, but she’s got the genes for it so no surprise. Really cute ending, 9/10, one of my fave PA originals.
Mar 31, 2023 10:18 AM

Mar 2016
That conclusion felt like it had no sense of payoff for me. Felt like the necessary buildup, even just on a fundamental level, just wasn’t enough there with the characters for that time skip shoved in at the end. I can’t say I enjoyed this as much as I initially hoped, but at least it tried.
Overall the anime could’ve been much better if they spaced out things, stop meandering around too much with the mundane segments, and/or at least tried to make a more interesting progression on the character dynamics at play. There just wasn’t enough time, perhaps one more episode would’ve helped. Plus that obligatory big bad guy at the end for some convoluted climax was lame as fuck. At least production-wise it was aight, I guess.
RyuseishunMar 31, 2023 10:34 AM
Mar 31, 2023 10:20 AM

Mar 2021
I like how Kazuki and Rei weren't romantically involved because it shows you don't have to be in a romantic relationship to raise a child or be a family.
Mar 31, 2023 10:30 AM
May 2016
The only thing I "dislike" is that I think that with that ending it wouldn't make too much sense to have a new season, because now there wouldn't be the hitmen plot and it appears that the hitmen aren't looking for Rei after 10 years. But I still hope to see an OVA about what happened during the time skip
Mar 31, 2023 10:31 AM

Jul 2021
I'm so glad that Rei has got his freedom :)

Mar 31, 2023 10:31 AM
Dec 2022
Now I want second season even more 😭 How they struggle with Miri's first boyfriends etc
Mar 31, 2023 10:33 AM

Jul 2021
Miri's grown up now, and that's the perfect way to end the show <3

Mar 31, 2023 10:33 AM

Nov 2015
I guess they told miri about her dead mom off screen during the time skip.

Too bad Rei and Kazuki didn't get married if the wanted to be a "real family".

AOTS
Old_School_AkiraMar 31, 2023 11:34 AM
HACKs! 🤢🤮
Mar 31, 2023 10:35 AM
Aug 2017
The episode was cute but..it didn't feel like a payoff at all.

It was cute but it left me a little bit with a feeling of "that was it?"

I'm glad that the production didn't make Kazuki and Rei romantically involved with eachother. It felt very refreshing. It seems Kazuki's been going around with girls too, I wonder how would that go lol if he dated someone given their unique situation.

That being said tho, I'm happy they got their very happy ending.
Mar 31, 2023 10:35 AM
Jan 2022
I'm so happy seeing Miri all grown up.
😭😭😭😭😭😭😭🥹🥹🥹😌😌😌
Mar 31, 2023 10:41 AM
Sep 2015
I'm not sure if assassins deserve a happy ending, I mean, they kill people for money. But a gay couple definitely deserve a happy ending.
Mar 31, 2023 10:41 AM

Oct 2017
Rei finally confronted his family and left it. Ogino died, the guy who collected last words didn't left any last words, ironic. That bastard deserved it. Happy to see Miri enjoying the x mas with her fathers. Timeskip was good, great to see grown up Miri. Rei and Kazuki now doing honest work. I'm glad the three of them are doing well.

Pretty nice anime, liked it. Was a mix of action and fluff with lots of cutness and some tragedy too. Glad it had a happy end.
Mar 31, 2023 10:42 AM

Feb 2021
If I had a nickel for every time I saw an anime with childcare and parents with dangerous jobs I'd have 3 nickels.
This was quite good, better than I expected. Miri is precious and rather realistic. I liked both Kazuki and Rei too, their backstories were cool (still think that the way Kazuki's wife died was confusing tho). I liked the mom too, her actions were sorta understandable (I especially find it admirable how she refrained from hurting Miri in any way despite feeling the way she did)
I didn't expect the timeskip at the end, but I guess one could've seen it coming. Seems like Kazuki and Rei completely abandoned their previous jobs. It was nice and wholesome.
8/10
P.A. Works are on a streak lately imo, with Ya Boy Kongming, Akiba Maid War and Buddy Daddies. Definitely will be watching Skip to Loafer next season
EmbientMar 31, 2023 10:45 AM
Mar 31, 2023 10:43 AM

May 2020
That Ogino man died horribly.. and I mean HORRIBLY. Well he has coming that for a long time, so nothing to feel there.

They concluded everything a tad too quick, though that's to expected when you've a recap episode all of a sudden, eating the space for an extra episode. Happ.. nah happiest ending possible, with everyone living the normal way. Kinda suits to be honest.. would've felt bad if it was bittersweet.
Mar 31, 2023 10:45 AM

Feb 2021
Ok this was a really good final episode. 

Conclusive ending with no loose ends, also really emotional. 

I just noticed that Kazuki had a left steering wheel car despite living in Japan, I thought that had been a mistake early on. 
Mar 31, 2023 10:46 AM
May 2021
this was such a perfect ending to an amazing show. when it showed the title screen to say "daughter daddies" instead of "buddy daddies" i started to get emotional, and then when it immediately switched over to a time skip, the tears just let loose. i absolutely adored seeing miri all grown up and the three of them still living together happily and rei and kazuki running a diner together.

i loved all the small details as well. like miri still having the same mannerisms, rei only being able to make french toast, the diner being called "diner nest". and all the photos it went through at the end were just the cutest.

i don't think this show requires a season 2 ad this season closed the story nicely, but i think an ova where we see miri's relationship with her friends now that they're older would be sweet. and even to show their relationship with kyu after all these years.

overall i really liked the show and the finale. there were aspects here and there i didn't like, but id say it was a solid 9/10 show. would definitely recommend
My 2023 candies:
Mar 31, 2023 10:55 AM
Jul 2022
AAAAAAAA AMAZING I can barely wrap my head around it!! AAaaa
Mar 31, 2023 10:56 AM
Jul 2022
ending was little rushed, still i liked it. hope we get a ova or special about rei and kazuki romantic life or something else.
Mar 31, 2023 10:57 AM

Mar 2020
I just love this show so much. They really have become a family and you can see it with how both daddies gradually became fatherly to Miri. They both have changed for the better after they’ve met her.

What Flashy action-packed episode and a brutal way to go for Ogino. Rei’s talk with his father shows how mature Rei has become throughout the show. He really wants to be with his family and will do anything to do so.

I’m happy that they were able to leave the organization and make it in time for Miri’s performance. I’m glad it all worked out in the end. Seeing Miri all grown up and Rei and Kazuki having an honest job brought me to tears.

It feels a bit rushed but it’s an amazing anime and a 10/10 for me.
Mar 31, 2023 11:00 AM

Oct 2013
ok .. last ep value equals the whole show lmao ... it has it all ... the action ... the emotions ... the conclusion ... no complains
even the theme track was clear for the first time ... if the whole show was with this quality i would have given it 10 but nah though i'll increase may rating from 7 to 8 just because if this finale.
Mar 31, 2023 11:05 AM
Mar 2019
sniff its a good anime i dont know why not do more of thisoriginal anime or why not start to write a manga of this.

9/10
Mar 31, 2023 11:06 AM

Oct 2011
ogino got any last words. what I can't hear you with that explosion

Happy ending for Kazuki Rei and Miri
Mar 31, 2023 11:07 AM
May 2022
These past few episodes are quite rushed. I may have some issues with how they write that confrontation with Rei and his father, especially with how they write out Miri's mom last episode, but overall the series is still pretty enjoyable. The strength of this show lies in the emotional moments and developments of the family, particularly in regard to Rei who changed the most. The hitman parts and how the family came together could have meshed better, but for an original anime with only 12 episodes, Buddy Daddies still did quite well and stuck the landing.
Mar 31, 2023 11:08 AM

May 2015
It was an okay show, didn't really like it, for how dangerous the whole situation was, there were never high stakes. Not that I expected much realism from this, but argh. Maybe I just couldn't really feel any attachment to these characters. Miri was annoying for the most part, and then she just grows up. Artfully avoiding all the difficult conversations, no one chased them till the end and everything is happy-lovey-dovey. Yeah, right.
6/10
Mar 31, 2023 11:10 AM
Jul 2022
I actually love Kazuki beard 😂
Mar 31, 2023 11:11 AM

Dec 2016
Even though I consider myself a big fan of this new ip, I can't stop feeling that the finale should've been a 40 min long episode in order to tie all loose ends, specially telling Miri the truth about her mother (or the other way around to make up a big lie that would last 10 years).

Still, a great series that was always entertaining and fun to watch both the ups and downs, like a decent dramedy should be. It gets an 8.5/10 from me.
Mar 31, 2023 11:11 AM
Jun 2022
the episode was good and it was very well done for a original anime but the episode was rushed
Mar 31, 2023 11:12 AM
Mar 2022
now i want a second season
Mar 31, 2023 11:16 AM

Jul 2022
Better than S×F even with that ending when Miri's in high school.

Mar 31, 2023 11:30 AM

Aug 2020
I genuinely forgot this was supposed to be final ep(I thought there were 13 eps), only noticed that when they started rolling ed with grown up Miri. Regardless this been such a fun-wholesome show. Prior to its release people were busy calling it 'SxF rip-off' but I fullly had faith in P.A. works and they yet again delivered. Bit fast paced for climax but still good enough. Overall 8-8.5/10  
Mar 31, 2023 11:57 AM
Nov 2021
Huh.... a time skip and miri is in school now!? This episode was rushed though..

Overall a good show... there isn't any chance for s2 now
Mar 31, 2023 11:57 AM
Oct 2022
So, I got a question...did anyone else notice that Rei’s hand has gone kinda disabled or am I making things up?🤨
Mar 31, 2023 12:02 PM
Mar 2021
Bro was scratching his ass in the beginning💀
Mar 31, 2023 12:09 PM
Apr 2017
This ep was so good I loved it!
Mar 31, 2023 12:24 PM
Mar 2023
The last episode really felt like it concluded everything really well! hands down my fav
Mar 31, 2023 12:27 PM
Sep 2021
KOLOPS said:
Huh.... a time skip and miri is in school now!? This episode was rushed though..

Overall a good show... there isn't any chance for s2 now

What did you expect with one less episode than planned ? They had to wrap things up, and they did it the best way possible (imo).
Mar 31, 2023 12:30 PM

Dec 2018
the time skip was certainly unexpected. i have absolutely no idea how to rate this show...there were times i was really moved and want to know more and other times when i was so ridiculously bored that i considered it a waste of time. guess for the most part i'm fine with it, but i'm still a bit confused as to the narrative line of the show. it doesn't seem to have any particular direction.
Mar 31, 2023 12:36 PM

Sep 2021
beautiful end to a beautiful start
Mar 31, 2023 12:40 PM
Jun 2021
I wasn't ready for that time skip 🥹
Mar 31, 2023 12:42 PM
Sep 2018
AHHH GUYS WE GOT A TIME SKIP OMG THIS WAS SUCH A VERY GOOD SHOW 😍😍😍😍😍😍
Mar 31, 2023 12:43 PM
Apr 2022
CRYING SOBBING /pos
Mar 31, 2023 12:49 PM
Jan 2022
Rushed ending but worth all the emotions I felt all the way. Hoping the studio gives us a movie or mini series about their family life or some shit and I'm so happy!!!! Beautiful show, will be missed and hope we get more like it or better than in the future!!!
Mar 31, 2023 12:58 PM
Nov 2021
A satisfying end.
Mar 31, 2023 1:00 PM
Dec 2022
A Christmas promise is binding! I was right, the final showdown was epic! Those goons of the organization are well trained killers, but they probably never thought they'd face a member of the Suwa family plus his partner. The end of Ogino was awesome, in the end, he didn't get any last words, you deserve it!! Rei confronting his father was pretty memorable actually. He thanked him for teaching him how to survive, but after sending him out in the world, he learned to appreciate the little things in life, I bet his father didn't anticipate that! Why didn't I realize Miri's wish was her fathers?? That should've been a dead giveaway! We get to see actual future Miri, she's as cute as ever! Kazuki and Rei sure aged well and run a diner, what a goof life for two friends and their daughter!!😊
Mar 31, 2023 1:09 PM

Jun 2019
AHhh... it wrapped up so nicely. I was scared maybe they'll do a tragic ending but I'm glad it was a nice one. Miri is all grown up and she didn't go bad. LOL. They're officially a family now and looks like Miri found out about her mother's death. Great show. Loved it so much. What a satisfying ending to this adorable show. Miri and Papas look so adorable together. RIP Miri Mama.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Buddy Daddies Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 20, 2023

162 by Skadex »»
May 11, 2:38 PM

Poll: » Buddy Daddies Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2023

152 by PrimeX »»
May 8, 5:59 AM

Poll: » Buddy Daddies Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2023

166 by PrimeX »»
May 7, 5:27 AM

Poll: » Buddy Daddies Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2023

109 by PrimeX »»
May 7, 5:01 AM

Poll: » Buddy Daddies Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2023

95 by PrimeX »»
May 6, 7:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.