Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
No Game No Life (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 27, 2023 5:40 AM
Apr 2021
At some point it's just too long, 99% chance it'd feel like a different show even if it came back.
Mar 27, 2023 8:34 AM
Mar 2022
Well there's a chance, who knows.. Tho I gave up hope long time ago
Mar 27, 2023 11:52 AM

Apr 2018
Zimzky said:
From what I've heard they've kinda destroyed all hope for it. Too many changes from the LN with both characters and arcs getting completely left out. Best hope would be a reboot.

Really? I read all LN and would say that the anime did quite good job depicting almost everything..
“You are not alone, Ash. I am with you. My soul is with you.” - Eiji Okumura.
Mar 27, 2023 11:53 AM

Apr 2018
jevhan said:
lmao the author got caught plagiarizing so no chance

I think this is quite old issue and is solved now
Mar 27, 2023 11:56 AM

Apr 2018
Badjr said:
Yes, there will be a season 2. The reason we haven't gotten one yet is because there's not enough source material. Yuu Kamiya was diagnosed with cancer and stopped writing the light novels for a time, then he married his manga artist and had a daughter. Only last year did he start writing again, it'll take a bit before we get enough for a new season.

No material you must be joking right? Yeah the author had some health issues and also family but as for LN - I read them all and almost every year there is a new one coming out. Currently 11 LN. Given the fact that 4 volumes covered S1, LN 6 was animated as a movie, there is more than enough materials to adapt. And good material, I dare to say.
Mar 27, 2023 11:57 AM

Apr 2018
RE-_- said:
Aditya_Ranjan said:

My question is that there are so many trash anime plus some aniem with less than 1000 members , why ate they getting adaptation but not this , Studios know that fans want this for yrs ,right?

It's mostly because Mad House don't giving rights of show anyone else and the writer also has no problem with it because the LN is going well and manga adoption also getting money so that's why they don't think much of it.
Mad House now days don't take much projects because of some financial problems. Last year they only made two animes. just 2!!
If they hand over it to Mappa like studio, that might possible to came another season, but Mappa can't take it anymore as they already have lot in their plates.

But manga is not ongoing anymore , is it?
Mar 27, 2023 11:58 AM

Apr 2018
Vamp_Lord said:
nolonger25 said:
literally never like 0% chance abandon all hope ye who enter here

now now...
we shouldn't leave hope..
the series was liked much and was very popular, and though its been many years, you don't know when and by what chance a series gets season 2...
Take for example COTE, did you expect it would get a second season again, but here it is: s2 aired and s3 confirmed

My words, if Hataraku Maou sama got sequel after 10y, there is still a chance🙂
Mar 27, 2023 11:59 AM

Apr 2018
AniArtist said:
The creator said in his Twitter account that he is just as about as curious as we are for a second season of the anime

You have a source, please?
Mar 27, 2023 3:11 PM
Aug 2021
Man, it’s been so long that it’s most likely we will never get it, which is a massive shame since it had all the factors going for it after S1 originally stopped airing, both dvd/Blu-ray’s and Light Novels were selling well, and even though the former still has big sale numbers, I still think it isn’t enough for approving a second season, but god I wish we got a sequel, I’m not that huge of a No Game No Life fan but I adored the movie and that made me way more invested in what was to come from this universe.
Mar 27, 2023 7:33 PM
May 2021
Masshiroi said:
AniArtist said:
The creator said in his Twitter account that he is just as about as curious as we are for a second season of the anime

You have a source, please?
榎宮祐♟️ノゲノラ12巻発売中 on Twitter: "「二期まだですか?」と全世界のあらゆる言語で受け取ってきたんでもはや翻訳かけるまでもなくだいたい何が書かれてるのかわかるようになった。 んで答えは「誰より僕が知りたい」です。" / Twitter
[font="TwitterChirp, -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, \"Segoe UI\", Roboto, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"]二期まだですか?」と全世界のあらゆる言語で受け取ってきたんでもはや翻訳かけるまでもなくだいたい何が書かれてるのかわかるようになった。
んで答えは「誰より僕が知りたい」です。-->  I've received comments like, "Is season 2 yet?" So the answer is "I want to know more than anyone". [/font]
Mar 27, 2023 8:03 PM
Apr 2022
I have read an article about 'No Game No Life' season 2!
The author said that they have the fund to produce S2 but S1's quality is so high that it will be tough to maintain the same quality in SEASON 2!So,the Studios are not taking the offer to produce Season 2.

But we can hope that among the Studios one will definitely take the job soon!

As the future is always unpredictable 😁!!!
Mar 28, 2023 4:55 PM
Dec 2022
It’s possible, though realistically it’s very unlikely 😢
Mar 28, 2023 6:52 PM
Mar 2018
easily. I've seen anime get season 2s after 12 years multiple times
Mar 29, 2023 12:06 AM
Aug 2021
obviously I will be if it comes
Mar 29, 2023 2:06 PM
Sep 2021
If I collect all of the light novel volumes then maybe it will happen!
Mar 29, 2023 4:40 PM
Apr 2020
It's embarassing to even think about it anymore, move on.
Mar 29, 2023 10:48 PM
Mar 2020
Otakupervert890 said:
Badjr said:
Yes, there will be a season 2. The reason we haven't gotten one yet is because there's not enough source material. Yuu Kamiya was diagnosed with cancer and stopped writing the light novels for a time, then he married his manga artist and had a daughter. Only last year did he start writing again, it'll take a bit before we get enough for a new season.

lol 🤣 i hope you are in Japan in the anime industry to have such claim without linking any sources.

It's all incredibly common knowledge to anyone who is a fan of the series and done any amount of digging. What part of my comment exactly do you need sources for?
Mar 29, 2023 10:56 PM
Oct 2019
Badjr said:
Otakupervert890 said:

lol 🤣 i hope you are in Japan in the anime industry to have such claim without linking any sources.

It's all incredibly common knowledge to anyone who is a fan of the series and done any amount of digging. What part of my comment exactly do you need sources for?

quote that a season 2 is in production obliviously. either a old production committee member or a new one lol what you were thinking.
Mar 30, 2023 11:11 AM
Aug 2021
Masshiroi said:
Vamp_Lord said:

now now...
we shouldn't leave hope..
the series was liked much and was very popular, and though its been many years, you don't know when and by what chance a series gets season 2...
Take for example COTE, did you expect it would get a second season again, but here it is: s2 aired and s3 confirmed

My words, if Hataraku Maou sama got sequel after 10y, there is still a chance🙂

umm, this is a little off topic...
But I am PROUD to say that The second season got announced literally Two days after I finished watching the first season....
So...
umm...
nothing (ok sorry for your time waste)
Mar 30, 2023 9:55 PM
Oct 2019
Yes. It's possible. The "plagiarism" issue (it was actually tracing, not plagiarism) was resolved in 2016 before the movie came out, there's more than enough source material (the anime adapts volumes 1-3 of the light novels and the ending of 6, and the movie adapts volume 6. There are a total of 12 mainline volumes as of now, along with one gaiden volume and a spin-off manga), Yuu Kamiya (the author of the light novels) recently confirmed that the anime's ending is not an issue, as they could just ignore the post-credits scene and flash back to the events before it, and he also stated that funding and staff are not issues. The author wants it more than anybody else, and there's still high demand from both Japanese and western fans. The long wait in-between seasons isn't an issue either, as The Devil is a Part-Timer (which is owned by the same company that owns NGNL, Kadokawa) got a second season after 9 years.

So basically, there's literally nothing preventing it from happening. We just have to wait for Kadokawa to decide that it's worth producing a second season.
Mar 31, 2023 2:37 PM
Mar 2023
ITS NOT HAPPENING STOP HOPING
Apr 4, 2023 4:54 AM
Mar 2021
RE-_- said:
haruf said:
Do you think there's a chance this will ever get a season 2? 

No bro! It's not possible anymore! If fandom demand too much for it then another big studio have to take over that project from Mad House!!

For that we have to demand on Instagram and Twitter by hastags for it!! I am doing for 3 years now!!😅🥲

my guy it doesn't work like this. mad house has the right to no game no life and they can do whatever they want. so unless they give the right to another studio this will never happen
Apr 4, 2023 8:30 AM

Jan 2017
alphalegend said:
mad house has the right to no game no life and they can do whatever they want. so unless they give the right to another studio this will never happen

Animation studios doesn't hold any rights , it's the producers who does. (It can happens that studios are part of the producers tho)
For No Game No Life , the main one is Media Factory (Which have Kadokawa behind them) , but there is more , as you can see in the Information section of the entry.

So no , we don't need MadHouse at all , Kadokawa could totally ask a different studio to do it.
But with the hype that the announcement of a 2nd Season would create , it would need to hold its ground against it , and not be a flop of any kind.
It means putting a lot of money on the line , and working around the alterations that was done at the end of the 1st Season while keeping the same audio-visual quality of it... Kinda hard and risky for them , to be honest.
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... and hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Apr 8, 2023 10:55 AM
May 2018
nope.. they would have done one.. plus it's really hard to come up with so many challenging games
Jun 1, 2023 6:25 PM
Jul 2022
I need season 2 urgently. I'm going crazy to waiting. hey, kadokawa talks to MAPPA, everything they do is successful.
Jun 12, 2023 11:14 AM
Feb 2023
Zero_Two_0_2_ said:
Chances are slimmer than me winning at life

I guess you could say... No life no anime?
Jun 23, 2023 2:07 PM
Nov 2016
Couldn't care less about a 2nd season, this anime is a piece of crap.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 14, 2014

705 by Bienard »»
May 12, 6:30 AM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Cheesekao - Jun 25, 2014

1022 by NoFaceCastle »»
May 3, 11:14 PM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 16, 2014

510 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 30, 10:10 PM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2014

623 by hsallrounder »»
Apr 28, 5:41 AM

» No Game No Life’s Original Creator Pleads For A Second Season Of The Anime ( 1 2 )

deg - Apr 10

58 by Animeistaken »»
Apr 24, 8:33 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.