Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 20, 2023 6:07 AM

Jul 2017
This is Chris Redgrave's episode, and it shows fervently.

The kid who lives with his father Tyler and sister Michel, and the consequence of getting blasted for him to save the son through the X-Hand, all of this was there to serve as his moment of fate for the X-Blind. And just like his father, Chris would mysteriously leave High Card and pull off his own stunt, leaving even Leo stunned. Since then, it's an escape mission for Chris as one of the Klondikes pulled through for him on his escape route out against the top brass.

From one moment to another, Chris's donation to restore the Sun Fields Orphanage feels like a shot in the back for Finn, much less Lindsey's perplexity in wanting Finn to leave and move on. But it looks like that Chris may have the last laugh, especially with the 5 of Clubs to initiate a X-Hand towards saving his sister Michel. From the 5 of Hearts that he had from the get-go, it was only a matter of time where he would acquire the rest of the pack to complete his 4-hand X-Hand and preserve Finn of the journey that he went through.

The topic of family is foreign to Chris, and this is his only moment to escape more thanks to Finn, which this is his end point.

I seriously don't know how they are going to wrap this up for the finale...
Mar 20, 2023 7:13 AM

Mar 2020
It's an episode focused on Chris, and it looks like history may repeat itself, with everything ending through an X-Hand to save the one most dear to him. I don't know if I like this direction they're going in, it just feels improperly built up. Finn got fired from High Card at the end as well, so now, it's just an all out chase to stop Chris from dying.

I wonder how they'll wrap this up, will it be a sad or happy ending for these characters?
Mar 20, 2023 8:26 AM

Feb 2019
Best episode of high card by far. Emotional Finn speech at the end there.

Chris “betrayal” makes a lot more sense now. I think it could’ve had a little bit better build up though. It seems kind of random for the season to just become about Chris saving his sister. When we met her a few weeks ago I didn’t get that vibe at all.

“You’re more attractive when you don’t talk” lmaoooooo
Mar 20, 2023 8:58 AM

Sep 2020
Props to Satou Gen, his screams in this were top notch.

Really underrated anime, can’t wait for the final
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 20, 2023 9:39 AM

Dec 2018
I honestly hope chris can just do it to save his sister, though i'm not sure why he didn't do it right there at the hospital. obviously i think finn will find some way to talk him out of it and maybe by some miracle his sister gets better but i think the prior would make a better story.
Mar 20, 2023 10:14 AM

Oct 2022
Nice episode around Chris and the reasons of his act. Finn could a save him? And what will happen to the Klondike family? For me presumably a second season incoming

Mar 20, 2023 10:27 AM

May 2019
So Chris did intentionally shoot Finn where his card would've been as to not actually kill him but still that was a high risk shot if the card wasn't there. After they again showed Chris' father had sacrificed himself to save Chris I figured out that Chris was going to do the same to save his sister.

A couple of questions though are why did the Klondike lady help Chris and why didn't he just use the cards in the hospital like his father had done? Maybe we'll get answers in the finale and I also don't know how they are going to wrap all of this up.
Mar 20, 2023 11:08 AM

Jan 2019
Such a bizarre choice to make the ending of the show all about Chris when there was such little set up; like they didn't even hint that he stole that card at the auction and I don't think the card before that was even shown?

Meanwhile the show was busy setting up all these other plotlines about Finn's past, the Klondikes and the royals and their clearly isn't enough time to resolve it all.

Props to the voice actors though, their performances are about the only thing that's remained of consistent quality.

Mar 20, 2023 1:27 PM

Sep 2021
There was quite a lot to process in this episode...

As expected, Chris betrays High Card in order to save Michelle. He really is a smart guy, fooling even people like Leo and Chelsey. But at least, he didnt kill Finn! And it was interesting to see the flashback of the incident from Chris' perspective too, I like this writing style a lot! 
Meanwhile Finn meats Lindsey again, who clears up the misunderstanding about "I wish you wouldn't come back" and all. I still don't trust this guy, with how Finn's house was attacked by that black knight and all. But for today, he was really helpful, making Finn realize how much he cares about his High Card family. 
I can't wait to see how this moves forward, especially with Owen firing Finn from High Card and chasing Chris...

Also, I have no idea why the Klondikes helped Chris. Maybe to create a distraction? 

Talking about Klondikes: It seems Wendy, Leo and Vijay will have fight them in the royal palace next week. I don't see them winning this one though. Sure, Wendy has her Ace card, but that psychic women, the missile girl and who knows what other powerhouses Klondike has are just too much. 

Now, I pray that next week will be a satisfying finale of Season 1 - with Season 2 getting announced right after. Cause there is no way to end all the plotlines in just one episode. 
Mar 20, 2023 1:50 PM
May 2021
there was a lot going on this episode and now it feels like there's just too many plot lines going on at once. with finn's past, whatever the thing with the klondikes is, and now this chris storyline seemingly out of left field? with only one episode left i don't see them wrapping everything up. they'll most likely wrap up the chris storyline, but the others are definitely going to need a second season to achieve a proper conclusion that isn't rushed. looking forward to seeing how they end the season though.
My 2023 candies:
Mar 20, 2023 2:01 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
As predicted, Chris is using X-Hand to save his sister from a life threatening illness just like his dad gave up his life to save him in the past. Chris's actions got him kicked out of High Card and now he's a wanted man. The police tried to arrest Chris, but the top brass had other plans as their orders were to kill Chris on sight. Finn finally put the pieces together on Chris's motives after having a conversation with Lindsey about family and rushed to the hospital to save Chris. Speaking of family, the Klondike family continues to be bold by attacking Fourland castle where Leo and the other members of High are stationed at. By the time Finn reached the hospital he was too late as Chris had already taken his sister Michel from the hospital bed and already has his mind set on killing himself to save his sister, but not before Owen( the guy that does the dirty work) took a sniper shot a Chris which had no effect as he still has the High Calories power. Owen tells Finn that he disobeyed a direct order by coming to the hospital, so now Chris and Finn are no longer members of High Card.

With one episode left it is also worth noting that High Card is a multimedia series, so there is a possibility that a second season might be planed in advanced. However, that depends on how well the anime is received among Western audiences.  I can't see them tying up these plot threads in one episode unless they want to end this series on a cliffhanger.
Mar 20, 2023 5:04 PM
Aug 2020
Hummm, I stopped to have fun here, to save his sister, he doe’s not have plenty options…
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Mar 20, 2023 9:51 PM
Apr 2021
NAHHHHH FINN NEEDS TO GET HIS GET BACK😤😤😤😡

Jokes aside this episode was really emotional but I’m still surprised and don’t understand why this anime hs a score of 7.18 like that’s blasphemous
Treyv0nMar 20, 2023 11:24 PM
Mar 21, 2023 9:41 PM

Nov 2012
4 of a kind makes you immortal? I wonder if it's any suit or just 5's. 

Chris selfishly wants to put Michel in a worse spot he was in. He must've forgotten what it felt like knowing his Dad died to save him. At least he & Michelle had each other after the dad died. She'll be alone in her guilt. 
Mar 22, 2023 4:33 PM
Oct 2019
I knew it, Chris want to save his sister.

Damn heart breaking episode and we got one episode left to give it an "ending"?
Mar 23, 2023 10:23 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
In this episode we discovered the real Chris and his real plan!!! kekeke
Mar 23, 2023 10:42 AM
May 2011
dragynfaerie said:
4 of a kind makes you immortal? I wonder if it's any suit or just 5's. 
That's the power of Chris' original card, the 5 of hearts, by itself. 
Mar 23, 2023 1:37 PM

Jan 2021
The lookback into Chris old life was a nice touch to see.

I'm glad that Finn is still alive though. Someone from the Klondike family literally helped Chris to escape from the police so that he can apparently save his sister. The Klondike boss is planning to attack the royal home where the other High Card members are keeping watch. Finn was told be on stand by and still persisted to go after Chris, thus disobeying orders from Theodore. One of the High Card members showed up to Chris to gives his stuff, when the girl began questioning him he literally kissed her, man thinks with kissing you can solve everything, bruh. 

Lindsey came visiting the shop and had an nice talk with Finn, Chris also gave them a check off 200k to rebuild Sun Field. Finn now knows what Chris is up to and sprints towards the hospital but Chris already took his sister with him and Finn called him and they had an emotional talk. One of the High Card members tried to stop him and failed sadly. 

Finn got literally FIRED on sight, bruh.

I'm interested what the final will deliver.
Mar 24, 2023 6:55 AM

Oct 2008
pretty much expected that Finn would be the first one to figure out that Chris orchestrated this since he got the 1st out of the 4 cards but i hope Finn could fix this and save the sister of Chris with out any high price y'know...
4/5.

Mar 24, 2023 2:23 PM

Feb 2021
What a sad episode indeed. I hope that Chris won't die and he became friends with Finn as before!
Mar 24, 2023 5:34 PM

Nov 2021
damn 1 episode to go... Sheesh why do i always end up watching anime that secretely have a depressing side plots.
Bruh i bursted into tears when that purple eyed twink shot at him LMAO 😭

Also tf was that kiss about??? they were never romantically into each other at.all. like???? AND WE NEED TO KNOW WHAT HAPPEND TO FINN'S PARENTS ISTG-
There's so many plot lines they just LEFT hanging this show deserves another season FR 
AltadenaMar 24, 2023 5:37 PM

Mar 26, 2023 7:05 AM

Feb 2021
One episode left and the second season was already announced! Amazing news!
Jul 10, 2023 11:48 PM

Jul 2016
ForeverTraitor said:
Such a bizarre choice to make the ending of the show all about Chris when there was such little set up; like they didn't even hint that he stole that card at the auction and I don't think the card before that was even shown?

Meanwhile the show was busy setting up all these other plotlines about Finn's past, the Klondikes and the royals and their clearly isn't enough time to resolve it all.

Props to the voice actors though, their performances are about the only thing that's remained of consistent quality.

Going to assume Chris will wrap up next episodeand Finn the episode after in a hell of a rushjob. 
Jul 19, 2023 8:50 AM
Aug 2021
The desperation in Finn's voice was on point. His Voice Actor did a good job. I feel sorry for Chelsea. She finally found love but her lover is bound to die. Chris is a broken soul. All he wants to do is preserve the final good-hearted family he has left. That guy that shot Chris though got me mad😂😂.
The_Black_B3astJul 19, 2023 8:58 AM
Jul 26, 2023 10:06 PM
May 2023
why cant everyone live and be happy
Jul 31, 2023 5:51 PM

Feb 2018
Good episode. Chris gave us a feel episode.. silly guy should had talked about his problems with Finn... Also Finn's fired? Just when he found his 'new home' lul
Aug 15, 2023 10:52 AM
Aug 2023
Perfect for a drama anime
May 1, 11:53 PM

Aug 2019
Ultimately, sacrificing himself for his sister will absolutely destroy her.

All this family talk is reminding me of Dom and Fast and Furious lol

And now Finn lost his job.

More topics from this board

Poll: » High Card Episode 12 Discussion

KANLen09 - Mar 27, 2023

42 by Sun_Chan »»
May 2, 12:15 AM

Poll: » High Card Episode 10 Discussion

KANLen09 - Mar 13, 2023

36 by Sun_Chan »»
May 1, 11:29 PM

Poll: » High Card Episode 9 Discussion

KANLen09 - Mar 6, 2023

24 by Sun_Chan »»
May 1, 11:05 PM

Poll: » High Card Episode 8 Discussion

KANLen09 - Feb 27, 2023

41 by Sun_Chan »»
May 1, 10:41 PM

Poll: » High Card Episode 7 Discussion

KANLen09 - Feb 20, 2023

37 by Sun_Chan »»
May 1, 10:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.