Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 29, 2014 7:33 PM
Jul 2018
SHIT

Roberto is still alive.

SHIT
May 24, 2014 11:28 AM

Apr 2012
When you don't see a body, that means he is still alive XD.

May 30, 2014 7:40 PM

May 2011
Roberto->truly die hard. I have a gut feeling: Roberto is the nephew of the Secret Police head of Czech. They look alike! And this thus rules out the reason why is he so evil and willing to help Johann: He's an alumni of Kinderheim 511.
"If you reject me, I'll blast a hole in you!" Kanzaki H. Aria
Just kidding.

Jun 5, 2014 4:38 PM

Feb 2012
as soon as the lawyer's wife went into labor i knew the replacement "lawyer" was going to be an antagonist. this show is getting really predictable. why can't roberto just die already
Jun 9, 2014 4:11 AM

May 2013
That sack of shit Roberto is still alive? I thought it might've been him in the beginning scene with how they didn't show the guys face. The hairstyle...
Nov 4, 2014 8:01 PM

Aug 2008
Yep, that golden rule is always true, even for Monster, "A character is not dead until you see it with your own eyes".
Dec 30, 2014 8:11 PM

Feb 2013
Roberto is not dead #banter
Jan 11, 2015 3:47 AM

Dec 2013
Finally getting interesting like eps 1-20 again ..
Jan 13, 2015 3:31 PM

Nov 2011
And this is why you never trust a Disney death.

I don't know why we were introduced to the prisoner, but I think Verdeman is hiding something. He reacted too oddly when his wife turned on "Somewhere Over the Rainbow". Still, overall he seems like a good candidate to defend Tenma. I like that Tenma's patients were actually important, since Verdeman wasn't going to take the case with Shubert as the client.

Dr. Reichwein continues to be helpful.

Eva is as obnoxious as ever. It would be nice if she grew a conscience, though I don't expect it (at least not in a genuine sort of way).
Feb 4, 2015 2:55 AM

Nov 2013
OH FUCKING SHIT ROBERTO IS ALIVE!

YES ROBERTO PLEASE KILL EVA THEN I HOPE YOU DIE TOO!

THAT PLOT TWIST! HOLY SHIT!

10/10

Apr 1, 2015 8:42 PM
Nov 2014
Oh shit, Roberto is still alive lol.
Apr 6, 2015 10:07 AM

Nov 2014
When it is a psychological anime, it is one of the best, when it shifts its focus on the detective/forensic side of things, it goes to the worst possible levels. I just wish Monster was only either as psychological or a detective anime, not having a mix of both genres, as it have ups and downs.

And when it comes to witnesses and people who've seen Johan, or had an encounter with him and can testify to Tenmas' innocence are quite a few. We have Eva, Wolf, Anna, Schuwald, Karl, as well as that guy from the old Ministry of Interior, the one who raised Dieter, and, I almost forgot, but that old guy that was a soldier of the SS. I forgot Giller, he has substantial evidence, or perhaps, psychoanalysis of Johan, that can prove that he's real(not like Johan wasn't on TV already), as well as the evidence left from Jurgens.
What also bothers me, is why Tenma always keeps quiet when asked about Johan, always refusing to give an answer and just counter-answers with some medical sentence or with a counter-question. He kept quiet during the first interrogation, but finally opened up on the second.

I don't know how Roberto survived, but one thing I don't like are asspulls, or characters miraculously surviving situations that are often times impossible.

While there are people like Eva(irl), I don't think she'll harm or put Tenma in prison, because, as shown many times before, she still has feelings/cares for him, although expressing those feelings in a rather weird way. The way she does things, i.e. sleeping with people and succumbing to drinking is because she's lonely and tries to find comfort or to lure away that feeling of loneliness, at least that's the impression I get.
So, to conclude it for Eva, I think she'll testify in favor to Tenma.

Fritz, well, I don't have any opinion on him as of yet, but the only thing that makes me itch is, the way he acted once his wife played the Over the Rainbow song, which seemed kinda hostile.

And finally, Lunge, oh the stubborn cop detective that used to/is annoy(ing) everyone here, I think he's realising that Johan is real as he keeps digging more and more into the case. Taking an interest in Franz Bonaparta and if he finds out more stuff, then I think he'll probably finally admit that he made an error.

And I forgot one more character, the one that was introduced this episode. Wonder what kind of a role he'd play and what kind of thing he has to do with Tenma. He said that he'll escape the prison, and asked Tenma if he wants to join him; if he does that, I think it'll be a bad move by Tenma, since there are so many to testify in favor to him, but the trial may last for quite some time, and, Roberto being the lawyer partner might hinder the trail.
ourielApr 6, 2015 10:14 AM
Apr 19, 2015 2:38 AM

May 2014
Guess who's back, back again.

How did Roberto survive that fall, let alone the fire? That's one tough son of a bitch, that's for sure. Now he wants to defend Tenma? Probably because he wants to kill Evan instead, or something like that.

I still don't understand how to feel about Eva. Most of the time she's a bitch, but it still seems like she wants to defend Tenma. Or not, who knows?
"You either die an Ashita no Joe, or you live long enough to see yourself become a Naruto."
May 22, 2015 1:40 PM

Feb 2014
Uh i hate when they bring back characters who should be dead
Jun 20, 2015 5:19 PM

Nov 2013
Mikiyo said:
Why the fuck roberto isn't dead? Jesus christ, hes like a fucking Paladin with Lay on Hands.

LOL

this damn episode
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Jul 21, 2015 8:05 AM

Nov 2013
Tbh, boring episode, especially compared to the last couple of episodes. I wonder how long this Tenma jailed fiasco is going to take, 5-6 eps? That's half a season for some shorter animes. And Roberto back? Like I don't understand how Johan didn't get roasted, when he walked, clothed, into the fire, away from the exit... and then Roberto, who got shot and fell a story didn't die - he obviously has to be gotten rid off again, and tbh the prospect of having another couple of episodes with him in it, pulling Tenma's leg is a little disheartening. Hopefully we can get back to the actual story. This sideplot is really boring.
Aug 11, 2015 6:58 AM

Jul 2014
I had the feeling that Dr. Baul was Roberto. :/

5/5
Sep 2, 2015 5:02 AM

Dec 2013
Ugh Eva -_-

Not too surprised that the hit man is still alive.
Sep 25, 2015 11:26 PM
Sep 2015
Oh come fucking on, Roberto is alive!?
Damn it!
Great episode, wonder how things are going to play out now..
Oct 22, 2015 8:12 PM

Jul 2013
Roberto alive... well, good twist.
Dec 30, 2015 6:00 AM

Nov 2011
I initially thought we would be in for a prison break :P, Ep was amazing, the last one as well. I actually never thought Roberto died, when we saw him shot i immediately thought it was the elbow.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Jan 1, 2016 1:00 PM

Sep 2012
Syb3rStrife said:
Aww Shit! Just when I thought we had finally gotten rid of him. He's like a freakin' Cockroach! JUST DIE ALREADY! GEEZ!

Exactly what I thought. Like "Damn it. Why won't this guy just fucking die? Why the hell does he have plot armor? Ugh"

Laraso said:
billng said:

Taking a shot to the arm then to the chest? IN A FIRE! Then falling off the 2nd floor of the library. Unless someone carried him out, no way he survived that.

It is a cheap twist :/

It's quite possible that Johan helped him on his way out. We never actually saw Johan after he walked into the flames, which happened to be directly below the place that Roberto fell off.

Agreed. That's what I was thinking after I got over the frustration of the asshole being alive. Even with a relatively logical explanation, I'm still really irritated. Roberto really needs to die.

"It's a conversation through instruments. A miracle that creates harmony. In that moment, music transcends words." - Miyazono Kaori
"Laziness is the mother of all bad habits. But ultimately she is a mother and we should respect her." - Nara Shikamaru
"You think you're special? You're not. Everyone lies, everyone hides things... Nobody makes it through this life being completely honest." - Orihara Izaya
Jan 2, 2016 3:00 PM
Jun 2014
Roberto is literally the spanish inquisition. Fear and surprise and ruthless efficiency and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope Johan
Jan 29, 2016 3:13 PM
May 2014
One thing is certain, this show boasts some fantastic plot twists!
Mar 8, 2016 6:47 AM

Dec 2015
Look at all these new characters we have!
Just speculation, but I can totally see Tenma escaping with Milch because ooh, he has to kill the monster, and Johan or Roberto killing the lawyer's family because they just seem too happy to fit in the show. Maybe the lawyer will find something he shouldn't. Don't do these things, Monster, then I'll have to call you predictable.

Why is Roberto baiting Tenma though, does he actually want to make him escape? That wouldn't do Johan too much good.
Is there are an explanation worth caring about for what happened to Roberto and why he turned up that skinny? His face looks almost sinister with the hollowed-in cheeks and all. And does Roberto showing up mean we won't see the other lawyer again? Pity, I liked him.
Jun 4, 2016 4:15 PM

Feb 2013
So Tenma isn't a killer yet, Roberto is alive and he wants to kill Eva!
Oct 24, 2016 1:06 AM

Jan 2016
Thank god Roberto is back now let's hope he kills that bitch
Mar 14, 2017 12:40 PM
Sep 2014
Ohhhh DAMN! What a twist!!! And he's his lawyer!!!! I'm shocked right now.
"Crying doesn't mean you're weak. Enduring doesn't mean you're strong." - Hai to Gensou no Grimgar <3
Jun 14, 2017 7:06 PM

May 2015
You have to be f*cking kidding me this cockroach bastard, Roberto is back... and I have a bad feeling I hope Eva, Fritz Verdemann & Elsa as well as their child remain safe...
Jun 18, 2017 9:29 AM

Oct 2012
Woah I'm so surprised I can't even think clearly now, I can't believe he's still alive
Just kidding xD

I'm always expecting him to return
This anime is just too soft
If this was more mature anime, he's probably lying dead there

I guess I have to deal with this, I'm bored of him :(
"Signature removed"
Nov 27, 2017 12:18 PM

Apr 2017
Haha I had the feeling Roberto didn't die, but he surprised me with that lawyer scam
Mar 2, 2018 3:07 PM

Mar 2016
Grr, this is one of my pet peeves, "dead" characters not really being dead, and it's very unrealistic for him to have survived being shot, falling, and escaping from a fire after being shot, but oh well.
"Wonder is always difficult until you forgive whoever destroyed your love of surprises"  Edmond Manning

Apr 22, 2018 10:53 AM
Jun 2016
People who are saying it's unrealistic that he survived, no it's not. The library's second floor wasn't that high up, I'd say it was 4-5 meters above the first floor. A fall from that height isn't enough to kill you, it might cause you some temporary injuries and broken bones but you'll still survive. A fall from 15 meters or more is fatal, a fall from 12-15 feet is the equivalent of jumping off two buses stacked on top of one another: it'll hurt, but it won't kill you.
May 7, 2018 8:41 AM

Mar 2018
Hah! I knew that bastard didn't die! If he did then tenma wouldn't be perfect, and that won't do for the protagonist.
May 11, 2018 12:25 PM

Feb 2015
Fuck, I thought he died.
Sep 1, 2018 8:07 AM

Feb 2011
The one thing that I didn't want to happen just happened this episode, that being Roberto's survival. I never really liked his character, seems like a forced villain when compared to the likes of Johan.
Jan 1, 2019 12:02 PM

Nov 2016
I knew that Roberto didn't die back then, no corpse = no death.

Was still shocked, because I've totally forgotten him, lol.

And boy, Eva is still so rotten, doubt that she will change even a bit, but who knows. Her safety should come first now, tho.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 19, 2019 12:32 PM
Apr 2016
Fking Roberto survived...fuck him. Good episode, really enjoying this arc so far.
Feb 27, 2019 6:03 PM

Jun 2015
Roberto doesn't know when to quit.
Mar 9, 2019 2:18 PM

May 2018
I feel so bad for Tenma, his face at the end tells everything.
Apr 9, 2019 11:20 PM

May 2015
Roberto besto attorney
Apr 11, 2019 12:59 PM

Apr 2014
Ugh, I had a feeling that asshole would be alive..
Apr 15, 2019 4:07 AM
Jul 2018
I don't like the new lawyer. He looked like he was going to strangle his own pregnant wife at one point; I think he's hiding something. Tenma shouldn't trust him.

And it's awesome Roberto survived. I hate his guts, but at least it means Tenma's still innocent and will be able to live with himself should he survive this whole Johann mess.

Oh, and Eva should finally speak up. Maybe it would even cure her drinking problem. I mean, she can't be stupid enough to not feel at least a little guilty - she keeps blaming Tenma, but in reality, she surely feels some guilt herself. Or so I hope.

Talking about hope, I sure hope we'll see some more of Grimmer-san. I already miss that guy.^^
Jun 5, 2019 6:32 PM
Apr 2018
What a comeback by Roberto, has his name been, Baul, said before? It rings a bell, but I'm not sure honestly. I had a feeling he hadn't been killed, though I wished he had.
Sep 6, 2019 12:25 PM

Apr 2017
Urgh, more time wasted on Roberto when they had the perfect opportunity to get rid of him - not because of the shoulder wound, but you'd assume he'd have hit his head while falling from that height, no? His schtick of worming his way into any role is getting eyeroll-worthy now. Just...move on to someone more interesting - maybe Tenma or Johan??

Eva would be so easy to dismiss as an unreliable witness, what with her yelling left and right about how Tenma supposedly ruined her life and how she's going to pay him back for it. Even if she wasn't an alcoholic back then, it'd be easy to make a case of how alcohol consumption to that degree could have damaged her memory. No one could step up and vouch for her as a reliable witness.
Nov 15, 2019 7:31 AM

Dec 2018
Waiting in a coin locker, huh? Well that's new.

I think Eva should just settle with Johan.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Nov 20, 2019 1:48 AM
Jul 2018
wow I had a feeling Roberto didn't die!

This episode made me think how easy it is for one to get trapped.. the world is not a safe place even if there's people like Tenma and that lawyer who do everything in their power to walk the right path..
May 9, 2020 1:32 PM

Aug 2015
Kiyomice said:
Grr, this is one of my pet peeves, "dead" characters not really being dead, and it's very unrealistic for him to have survived being shot, falling, and escaping from a fire after being shot, but oh well.

B-But! He is a big man!!

Ugh I hate Roberto being alive. I thought the show had the balls to have a main character who actually kills someone (out of necessity of course). The new lawyer seems shady as well... time will tell.

Overall, quite a disappointment coming from the last episode.
The only opinion that should matter to you is yours.
Sep 25, 2020 10:21 AM

May 2020
Come on now, I thought maybe Eva would have changed slightly since she had lunch with that mafia boss but no she's still the same crazy drunken lady. Also please I just want to see Nina and Dieter again :(
Oct 12, 2020 7:42 AM

Dec 2007
pity tenma that the only witness to verify tenma's story is eva...

and roberto came back from the deaths.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Monster Episode 74 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

babykeiji - Apr 23, 2008

627 by wibugar »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Monster Episode 73 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kayro - Apr 25, 2008

173 by ArtirSachi »»
May 6, 6:45 PM

Poll: » Monster Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kayro - Apr 5, 2008

105 by puffle9000 »»
May 2, 11:25 PM

Poll: » Monster Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kayro - Apr 3, 2008

149 by tectacles »»
May 2, 6:40 AM

Poll: » Monster Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kayro - Apr 3, 2008

152 by tectacles »»
May 1, 8:17 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.