Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Mar 19, 2023 5:25 AM
Apr 2022
THIS EPISODE HAD NO RIGHT BEING SO PAINFUL
Mar 19, 2023 5:47 AM
Apr 2015
Dis ep gave me depression T^T
Mar 19, 2023 5:52 AM
Dec 2017
Seeing Miri leave hurt, but seeing Miri’s Picture Daily Journal on the Buddy Daddies wiki felt like pouring salt on the wound.

“DAY 10: "The three of us went on an outing today. I want to go again." with a drawing of all 3 and the ferris wheel.

We can all speculate late what’s gonna happen, and the wait for the remaining episodes is gonna be tough. But at the end I just want, what I think everyone wants, is for Miri to live happily with Kazuki and Rei
Mar 19, 2023 8:39 AM
Apr 2022
i loove miri-chan
Mar 19, 2023 8:52 AM
May 2021
Crying!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 19, 2023 9:41 AM
Jul 2020
Man this made me feel bad. Since theres 3 episodes left, i imagine we'll ser theur reunion, but it doesnt make this episode any less grey.
Mar 19, 2023 10:01 AM

Dec 2018
Marinate1016 said:
“Guess it’s time for the dream to end”

Man, why PA works gotta do this to me? I was so happy to see Miri mom back and glad she turned over a new leaf/finally got her life together. But CANCER?? Why can’t she just be happy with her daughter of her own volition? Cmon PA works don’t hurt this girl more 😔

I think it’s been hinted at since a few episodes ago with the defector that rei and kazuki will end up defecting from their organisation now that they have something to protect, but the interesting part will be seeing how that unfolds over these last few eps

My bet is one of the daddies is going to die.
Mar 19, 2023 10:12 AM
Sep 2022
I personally was trying to convince myself that it is a feel good anime so it will be a happy and smooth anime.

what was I thinking ???? I personally can't get myself to hate Miri's mother because of Miri but I still resent her. This episode was so real that it left a scar on my heart. It was a great one it will keep my curiosity running. Nicely Done 🙃
Mar 19, 2023 10:51 AM

Feb 2019
Marcos_Aspira said:
Marinate1016 said:
“Guess it’s time for the dream to end”

Man, why PA works gotta do this to me? I was so happy to see Miri mom back and glad she turned over a new leaf/finally got her life together. But CANCER?? Why can’t she just be happy with her daughter of her own volition? Cmon PA works don’t hurt this girl more 😔

I think it’s been hinted at since a few episodes ago with the defector that rei and kazuki will end up defecting from their organisation now that they have something to protect, but the interesting part will be seeing how that unfolds over these last few eps

My bet is one of the daddies is going to die.

Don’t put that evil on us
Mar 19, 2023 12:02 PM
Jun 2021
Bawling right now, bawling my eyes out
Mar 19, 2023 5:16 PM

Jan 2015
I don't think that Miri's mother an evil person. To me, it looks like she was in an abusive relationship with her partner (who didn't look like the type of guy who would like to have a kid around). She's been abusing substances like alcohol and cigarettes from the very beginning of the show. She was clearly not mentally well when she made the decision of abandoning Miri, which might have been the best solution that she was able to come up with at the time. It's not like Miri was mistreated or anything. She needed that time away from Miri to get her shit together. But of course, that doesn't change the fact that she was pretty heartless and irresponsible as hell. I want to believe that her change is genuine, but I also don't think that she has the right to take full custody of Miri again, even more so if her illness is really terminal.
Mar 19, 2023 8:23 PM
Jul 2013
I am not okay. This is not okay. Why that Mum gotta come back and ruin everything like LADY you ditched her twice and now you want to feel better about your miserable life? Jesus take the wheel. I’d be happy if it turned out the cancer was a lie and they wipe her out of the story… damn it the guys deserve Miri so much more than her!
Mar 20, 2023 4:42 AM
Jan 2020
To be honest, after this episode I just don't see they can have these three back together as a family again.
Bc even if we get Rei's dad and miri's mom out of the way, there would still be one remain conflict that is our two papa killed miri's real dad.

From the official website interview, the writers talked about the question of "can assassins who shoulder the guilt of killing find happiness". While coincidentally, in the same season, we have the main character from Vinland sage going through the arc of "holding oneself accountable for past mistakes(countless murders) and moving forward with life".
In buddy daddies, even if our boys forgive themselves and willing to allow themselves to be happy again, it still won't change the fact that they took away the chance for miri to ever meet her real dad.
Though we may argue that her dad was trash anyway, it should still had been miri's decision to make.

Bc miri living with Kazuki and rei will unavoidably expose miri to the fact that her foster parents murder her biological father, so it's up to our two papas to decide if the emotional toll on an already adopted child is worth risking for the sake of their own happiness. And as we've seen in this episode, they chose miri's happiness over themselves'.

Miri's mom may not be the greatest, but "knowing one parent who (seemingly) loved you with all her heart, and just don't know who or where the other one is" vs "suddenly waking up one day realizeing your foster parents basically kidnapped you and killed your real dad", it's hard to see Kazuki and rei going back on the decision they made.

It doesn't necessarily mean kazuki and rei can never be happy, but the happiness the writers grant them might just not have miri in it.
Obviously miri doesn't have a say in any of these, bc she's literally 4/5, but if this is the route the writes determined to go, I wish they could at least give miri a chance to say her farewell to her papas.

(And I hope they don't kill off Miri's mom by "a sacrifice she made to protect miri in a gunshot" or something, bc it would just mean more reason for kazuki and rei to push miri away and more therapy fee entail for Miri's future. LEAVE THE KID ALONE DAMN IT)

Or I could just be wrong. I'd love to be wrong in this case.
Mar 20, 2023 4:51 AM
Feb 2022
they're just digging more and more holes just to make more seasons of dis anime.
-
but it's really sad and disappointing to see dat disgusting woman back again who knows what she is up to. she really got Cancer or hit by her husband or someone else wid a knife? I'm CRAVING for the next ep plss!!
Mar 20, 2023 5:14 AM

Apr 2017
The only way out of their current way of life is
1) leave the country and hope "organization" does not have foreign reach. Taking Miri with them would be hard af in this scenario as neither is actually her biological father, leaving all 3 only the option of illegal immigration, which frankly does not leave them much options abroad for legal lines of work
2) somehow convince "Grandpa" that work wont be sloppy while maintaining this current family structure and assuring them that the organization ain't losing anything.

The listed ways above are the most realistic. Any deviation probably requires a wildcard.
There's no inherent right or wrong in this universe, but when we think with emotions rather than logic, we make things so.
Mar 20, 2023 6:22 AM

Apr 2022
That bitch ditched her own child twice, supposedly has cancer, and got fired, so she's going to be a good mother now. Bullshit. They can probably just wait a few days for a good reason to call CPS.
Mar 20, 2023 6:27 AM

Jul 2019
God, I wish more people watched this show. It has its awkward moments, but it's a surprisingly dark and emotional series. I'll admit that I've cried a few times watched it because either a) it's reminded me of an event in my life or b) I'm a girl and I feel strong motherly instincts whenever it comes to Miri and her wellbeing. Kazuki and Rei are amazing guardians to Miri, and I think it's admirable how they're turning their own traumas into devoting their lives to Miri in hopes that her initially tragic life will be full of nothing but love and happiness. I'm happy this show hasn't focused too much on her having two dads, but rather on the characters tackling their "inner demons" and becoming the best people that they can possibly be. Such an underrated anime! I pray that there's a Season 2!
ItsTygerMar 20, 2023 6:32 AM
Mar 20, 2023 7:04 AM

Jan 2023
but it's really complicated
someday they would have to tell her about killing her father
ofcourse no one can accept such a fact no matter how good they have taken care of u
even tho her father might be a bad person but rei and kazuki aren't so good either with all the killing stuff they do
No matter however way i think this story seems to go toward a tragic end
I am really curious how it would end 👀

Mar 20, 2023 12:16 PM

Jul 2022
sad man.. today we sad
Mar 20, 2023 12:51 PM
Oct 2021
it just broke me heghhh
Mar 20, 2023 4:54 PM

Mar 2013
I'm not a big fan of children, but I felt sad for kazuki papa. Well now they're going to go against the organization and try to get miri back? (I believe she doesn't spend much time with her mother).

Mar 20, 2023 5:13 PM

Feb 2014
This episode really had me wondering how the anime is going to end... u_u
Mar 20, 2023 6:51 PM
May 2021
I feel like Kazuki will secretly have an eye on her in the next episode xD 
Mar 20, 2023 7:37 PM

Nov 2021
(to the tune of "dumb ways to die) ✨thaaaat made me cryyyyy✨
Mar 20, 2023 8:45 PM

Nov 2021
That was painful to watch them say goodbye like that :(
Mar 20, 2023 10:04 PM
Oct 2015
I’m crying bish I hope you’re happy 😭
Mar 21, 2023 12:07 AM
Mar 2019
I'm actually crying right now
Mar 21, 2023 4:32 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Wow it's taking a sad path with the mother coming back to take Miri but it's gonna be even worse for her if her mother dies from her cancer...
Mar 21, 2023 5:56 AM
Apr 2022
Are the dads fuckin each other yet
Mar 21, 2023 10:13 AM

Mar 2015
Noo Miriii :'( I cried. I wish they'll leave their organisation and go clean, then leave with Miri & her mother far far away..
Mar 21, 2023 11:35 AM

Nov 2020
Softhenic03 said:
I just hope her mom doesn't pull something weird though.
exactly, her changing and turning into a super responsible person is great but at the same time very sus. i was thinking she might sell Miri for money or sumthn, who knows.
Mar 21, 2023 11:38 AM

Nov 2020
Nerdodivergent said:
I understand Misaki wanting Miri back in her life and clearly she had changed. But legally Kazuki and Rei are Miri's guardians. And Kazuki knows what it's like to be abandoned by his parents. He doesn't want Miri to suffer the way he has. It's clear they both love Miri a lot and want to a part of her life. I don't know what child custody is like in Japan but is there a way for Misaki and Kazuki and Rei to have some kind of shared custody?
I thought about that too like if both of them could claim the custody someway, but remember how they didn't even wanted to contact the police when Miri got lost? They can't get involved in too much legal stuff because of their line of work.
Mar 21, 2023 12:12 PM
Jan 2023
I enjoyed how the theme of the episode was portrayed, even if it made me SUPER sad :(((
Mar 21, 2023 6:47 PM
Dec 2018
pain, so much pain.
Mar 22, 2023 2:46 PM

Jul 2016
Nooo... they taking the mexican "telenovela" route now smfh

Now imagine if Miri's mother is just faking the cancer...
Mar 22, 2023 4:18 PM
Oct 2018
MIRIIIIIIII. *SOBBING, SCREAMING, CHOKING*
Mar 23, 2023 12:59 AM

Oct 2008
its for the better good and greater safety for Miri...well i hope that's really the case... cuz some ruthless organizations wipes-out even just platonic friends as long as they are involved on any kind of matter/situation...
5/5.

Mar 23, 2023 2:27 AM

Apr 2016
P.A Works giving us the low blow as always, god damn I felt so sad throughout this episode.
Why do we have to live in such a cruel world?

Mar 24, 2023 4:27 AM

Oct 2017
I wonder how things will end with just two episodes left.
Mar 24, 2023 8:31 PM

Feb 2019
i was feeling the feels in this episode. and i knew the organization was involved the moment she showed up. i was thinking she was threatened, but her sob story helped, but i get the feeling she really isn't ready to be a full time mom just yet even though her illness is only getting worse. she's still far too selfish and self-centered to think about her daughter's well-being, but she was forced to in a way to take the child back.
Mar 25, 2023 11:11 AM

Jan 2022
Man, this episode made me sad. The mother said that she never wanted to see Miri ever again and how every time she laughed it would piss her off. I'm glad Miri had one final fun day with the boys. Weird of her mom to be completely fine with taking her back. Its a little sus. Also why does she have cancer?? Why can't a cutie and sweet girl like Miri have a normal life? Hopefully there's a happy ending :( also can't believe its already been a year since they first met. I completely forgot about the cat. What happened to it??
This never updates so that's cool
Mar 27, 2023 4:30 PM
Jul 2022
Such a sweet anime, I was crying through most of it.
Mar 28, 2023 7:34 PM
Jun 2021
heartbreaking and sweet at the same time
Mar 31, 2023 12:01 PM
Nov 2020
The opening song really nailed this show. Great ending also.
Mar 31, 2023 12:28 PM

Jun 2019
Man... that's not fair at all. They love Miri so much. You can't take her away from them like that but I understand the mother if she really wants to change but it's still too cruel to do something like that to Papas.
Apr 1, 2023 5:55 PM
Sep 2019
did not expect this show to come up with a compelling narrative
Apr 1, 2023 9:27 PM
Oct 2019
man, you really felt for them when the mom showed up and they realized they might "lose" her

and while it was obvious the big day out on the town was a last hurrah type deal, i wasn't expecting the "ferris wheel" metaphor to hit me like that. idk how both guys - yes, BOTH - didn't break down and cry there. i'm sure she'll be back, but that doesn't make this separation any less emotional
Apr 1, 2023 10:16 PM

Sep 2015
Well, that actually felt sad, but I am still skeptical about the mother....
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Apr 2, 2023 10:13 AM

Jan 2017
This whole episode felt so bittersweet and then there's the literal ferris wheel scene as a physical metaphor for their current situation

Goddamnit Miri's mother if only you could co-exist with the duo instead of going back to your hometown
Apr 7, 2023 3:38 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Ahhhhh my heart I wasn't ready. ;_; This kills the man. However, I don't know if I'd agree when they say they weren't able to change.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Buddy Daddies Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 20, 2023

162 by Skadex »»
May 11, 2:38 PM

Poll: » Buddy Daddies Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2023

290 by PrimeX »»
May 8, 7:22 AM

Poll: » Buddy Daddies Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2023

152 by PrimeX »»
May 8, 5:59 AM

Poll: » Buddy Daddies Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2023

109 by PrimeX »»
May 7, 5:01 AM

Poll: » Buddy Daddies Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2023

95 by PrimeX »»
May 6, 7:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.