Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Saga of Tanya the Evil (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Mar 16, 2023 11:31 AM
Oct 2017
I am a lurker in a discord group of anime fans where among the members there is one who works to acquire anime rights in my country (which is not an English-speaking country). Because of this he knows, and often shares while discussing with others, various trivia about anime productions in Japan (such as future plans, work status, etc.)

Looking for all the trivia shared by this user, I found a post of his from 2021 talking about the second series of Youjo Senki. He revealed that since Kadokawa has embarked on a cyclical nature of its investments, and considering that the first season of Youjo Senki had the movie planned from the beginning, it is very likely that the second season will also have a movie.

He added a sibylline sentence, however, and that is that Kadokawa must be very careful because it would be an investment with the taste of shit, but all the better for the end users.

Granted that obviously I can't ask for an explanation of a 2-year-old message otherwise I will most likely be banned, what do you think it means? Did either season 1 or the movie go poorly in terms of success?
Mar 16, 2023 12:12 PM

Mar 2018
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saga_of_Tanya_the_Evil:_The_Movie

The movie was a success, and so is the anime. It is still very popular.
Mar 16, 2023 12:56 PM
Nov 2020
The series as a whole has been a success and will still be a success. They are probably referring to the studio, given that the studio hasn’t really done any other big name projects or probably referring to how investing into the series could be a lot more riskier (because of the theme of the anime), than any of the other projects they could invest in might be safer.
Mar 18, 2023 10:55 AM

Jul 2017

You lost me at discord group
Jul 10, 2023 5:57 AM
Dec 2011
Dije said:
Granted that obviously I can't ask for an explanation of a 2-year-old message otherwise I will most likely be banned
Why the fuck is this obvious? Why the fuck would you be banned for talking in a Discord? What the fuck is wrong with Discord people?
Jul 12, 2023 10:51 AM
Apr 2022
UmptyMaDoo said:
Dije said:
Granted that obviously I can't ask for an explanation of a 2-year-old message otherwise I will most likely be banned
Why the fuck is this obvious? Why the fuck would you be banned for talking in a Discord? What the fuck is wrong with Discord people?

>They use discord
Feb 14, 4:38 PM
Jul 2021
Personally i dislike this anime, good plot idea, terrible everything else
Apr 3, 2:10 AM
May 2023
sakuraspace said:
Personally i dislike this anime, good plot idea, terrible everything else

Agreed. I watched the first season expecting maybe a semi realistic take on warfare with some fantasy elements, and ended up with moeblobs with badly drawn mouths and pillow fight combat scenes. And I expected Tanya to be actually ruthless and evil, but she's not actually that bad.

More topics from this board

» Wtf happened?

Mattenan - May 19

12 by alfazeroneko93 »»
May 20, 1:19 AM

» Release date of anime? ( 1 2 3 )

JnaW99 - Jun 19, 2021

107 by JustMiniBanana »»
May 12, 3:46 PM

» Release date anyone????

Stanleyliam1990 - Feb 10

17 by adriangl »»
Apr 26, 10:19 AM

» recap of season 1 please

removed-user - Sep 30, 2021

11 by Abu_Lahab »»
Apr 14, 6:22 AM

» Production woes?

anizawa89 - Aug 14, 2022

32 by grape7676 »»
Mar 8, 2023 2:25 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.