Forum Settings
Forums

Manga 'Mahou Shoujo ni Akogarete' Gets TV Anime

New
Mar 15, 2023 10:40 AM
News Team
Aug 2019
Manga author Akihiro Ononaka announced on Twitter that their Mahou Shoujo ni Akogarete (Gushing over Magical Girls) manga is receiving a television anime adaptation.

Ononoka began drawing the comedy fantasy manga on the Manga Life STORIA Dash website in March 2019. The manga was also serialized in the Manga Life STORIA magazine before it suspended its publication in July of the same year. Takeshobo shipped the ninth volume on March 16.

J-Novel Club licensed the manga in English for digital release in March 2022. The fifth volume went on sale on February 20, and the sixth volume is set for a May 31 release.

Synopsis
Hiiragi Utena has always looked up to magical girls and fantasized about transforming into a cool heroine who fights evil. So, when a doll-like figure approaches her one evening, claiming that she has magical power lying dormant within, she trembles in excitement. But her colorful dream is quickly shattered in an ironic turn of events when she transforms into a villain!

Disinterested in associating with the forces of evil, she tries to quit when a group of magical girls appear and declare war. A battle ensues and Hiiragi soon discovers that she enjoys inflicting pain on others as her true nature starts to emerge.

Mahou Shoujo ni Akogarete follows Hiiragi as she begins her new life as the leader of villains, fighting against magical girls and indulging in her newfound sadistic nature to her heart's content. [Written by MAL Rewrite]

Manga special site: https://storia.takeshobo.co.jp/manga/mahoako/

Source: Comic Natalie

Mahou Shoujo ni Akogarete on MAL
Hyperion_PSMar 15, 2023 10:41 AM
Mar 15, 2023 11:06 AM
May 2020
we s&m fans eating good whenever it comes out
Mar 15, 2023 11:27 AM

Dec 2022
I have no idea how they are going to make this work on a TV anime but LETS GOOOOOO
Mar 15, 2023 12:20 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
This sounds like it'll be fun
Mar 15, 2023 12:41 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
I literally binge read this like 3 days ago lol, nice timing

Pretty fun series, I hope it won't get censored more than necessary but at least the manga isn't super explicit in terms of nudity so hopefully it'll be okay
Mar 15, 2023 12:57 PM
Apr 2020
passione?!?!?!?
Mar 15, 2023 2:36 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
YOOOOOOOOOOOOO

ONE OF MY COWORKERS RECENTLY TOLD ME ABOUT THIS MANGA 

GUH.. IM STARVED FOR GIRL VS GIRL ANIME

LETS GOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

PLEASE DONT GET CENSORD!!!
Mar 15, 2023 4:22 PM

Mar 2015
how is this passed censorship?
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Mar 15, 2023 5:03 PM

Sep 2013
I should be happy, but the last year of the manga really hasn't been good.
Mar 15, 2023 6:48 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
I'm happy that there are more mahou shoujo anime, but it's too bad that a new announcement happens to be for a series I have no interest with. I thought about giving it a try because of the interesting synopsis, but then I saw the associated tags: ecchi, nudity, fetish, explicit sex... sorry, no thanks. I guess mahou shoujo fans who also appreciate and miss the older types of stories like me will have to remain hungry and go back in time for our fill.

at least @Kyline @IpreferEcchi @tchitchouan should be happy

edit: no I didn't forget @EcchiGodMamster, it's just he posted before me lol
Fario-PMar 15, 2023 10:35 PM
Mar 15, 2023 6:52 PM

May 2019
Fario-P said:
I'm happy that there are more mahou shoujo anime, but it's too bad that a new announcement happens to be for a series I have no interest with. I thought about giving it a try because of the interesting synopsis, but then I saw the associated tags: ecchi, nudity, fetish, explicit sex... sorry, no thanks. I guess mahou shoujo fans who also appreciate and miss the older types of stories like me will have to remain hungry and go back in time for our fill.

Ooooooh, i'm extremely happy.
Mar 15, 2023 7:28 PM

Mar 2018
LMFAO It's one of my favorite manga but didn't see this coming cuz it's BDSM Yuri. But the story is over the top and mindlessly fun like Kill la Kill, and Utena is a pretty cool villain so it checks out. Can't wait.

Mar 15, 2023 8:01 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Fario-P said:

oh wow...

forgot i exist i see? LOL
Mar 15, 2023 8:05 PM

Jan 2021
Fario-P said:

why would I be happy lmao I have never heard of this

Renkini said:
LMFAO It's one of my favorite manga but didn't see this coming cuz it's BDSM Yuri. But the story is over the top and mindlessly fun like Kill la Kill, and Utena is a pretty cool villain so it checks out. Can't wait.
OK NEVERMIND LMAO

I hope no one I know irl sees my secret account~

Anyways, do I look cute in this outfit?~

Mar 15, 2023 8:17 PM

Jul 2021
lol this sounds so good. the new decade of magical girls shows is gonna be delicious 
Mar 15, 2023 9:09 PM
Yuri is Life

Dec 2022
Oh well, well~ |>◡<|  I'm surprised BDSM Yuri made it to an anime adaptation. Let's see. 
I'm not a fan of BDSM, but I'll definitely check this out (coz it's yuri, so yep).
Mar 15, 2023 10:34 PM

Jul 2015
Not really a fan of sadistic protagonists.

Mar 15, 2023 10:48 PM

Nov 2008
Was interested in the manga for a while so I'm excited it gets an anime, but on the other hand I absolutely do not believe it will be NOT toned down & censored.
AnimeThemes.moe <- the largest collection of anime Openings & Endings on the Web
AnimeMusicQuiz.com <- guess an anime from your list by it's Opening/Ending music browser game
Mar 15, 2023 11:17 PM

Sep 2020
This doesn't look good at all.
Mar 16, 2023 1:56 AM

May 2012
I can tell that this is going to be good by just looking at cover !!
Mar 16, 2023 3:01 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Fario-P said:

edit: no I didn't forget @EcchiGodMamster, it's just he posted before me lol
lol...

i was gonna say, cause from from what i've heard, this is soooooo my type of anime, as long as its not bloody lol
Mar 16, 2023 3:14 AM

Oct 2010
looks absolutely amazing, not a fan of yuri but hey, at least we get some lewds
Mar 16, 2023 3:43 AM

Feb 2007
ZXEAN said:

It's one of those series that sound absolutely terrible when you try to describe it, but if you actually read/watch it, is just incredibly fun and very enjoyable. Although probably not everyone's taste indeed. :D
Mar 16, 2023 7:13 AM

Feb 2012
I like the premise how she transforms into a villain this time. Hopefully it turns out good.

Will try to watch.
Mar 16, 2023 8:06 AM

May 2009
Still can't believe it's by Kumika no Mikaku mangaka.
Mar 17, 2023 2:18 AM

Oct 2017
Lewd mahou shoujo anime with bdsm? Lol tf.
Mar 19, 2023 1:23 PM

Feb 2019
Well call me Ryan Gosling cause that's literally me(tm) right there. Is this what all those black-haired teenagers feel seeing Isekai protagonists?

Vain jokes aside, interesting premise, nice art, seems worth pursuing. I've had low hopes seeing this year's announcements so far, let's see what this can do to change that.
Well I for one already loved Lain.
Mar 19, 2023 8:54 PM
Jul 2018
Ayo, I have been reading this manga for a year now. I'm glad this one is getting an anime adaptation! I can't wait to see animated characters :ehe: I am excited for real
Apr 11, 2023 7:29 PM
Feb 2017
Duuuuuuuuuuude I'm actually so excited for this to get an adaptation.

In all truth though, I hope they're able to do the art (namely the facial expressions) and the comedy justice. I've been surprised how well Ononaka-san has kept it up throughout the whole of publishing.
Apr 18, 2023 4:20 AM
Apr 2023
Thank you for sharing the news about Mahou Shoujo ni Akogarete! It's always exciting to hear about new anime adaptations of manga series.
May 3, 2023 12:07 AM

Dec 2018
If this is only going to have cute little lesbians Im in. No males are allowed then it's not for my taste =)

Haven't read the manga but when searching for it I get 10202 million pictures of lesbians who are touching each other Hehehehehehe 

I'm a big believer that lesbians should touch each other more often for my entertainment sake,,,YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

Yuri-CrusaderMay 3, 2023 12:11 AM
May 16, 2023 3:17 AM
Sep 2019
Hear me out, less censorship.
May 16, 2023 5:41 AM

Apr 2012
muimuishi said:
Oh well, well~ |>◡<|  I'm surprised BDSM Yuri made it to an anime adaptation. Let's see. 
I'm not a fan of BDSM, but I'll definitely check this out (coz it's yuri, so yep).
Why should this surprise? This is quite a common ecchi.

luinthoron said:
ZXEAN said:

It's one of those series that sound absolutely terrible when you try to describe it, but if you actually read/watch it, is just incredibly fun and very enjoyable. Although probably not everyone's taste indeed. :D
"Lol, WTF" is a deliberately induced reaction for such works, read Japanese or even Western comments in their discussion in online stores.
May 29, 2023 10:50 PM
Jan 2022
I have no idea how is this getting an adaptation. I mean, the manga is great and I love it. But, the studio giving this an adaptation must be very brave considering the lewd contents.
May 30, 2023 1:23 AM

Apr 2012
yaranaikaa said:
I have no idea how is this getting an adaptation. I mean, the manga is great and I love it. But, the studio giving this an adaptation must be very brave considering the lewd contents.
LOL what? Since when is adapting a silly ecchi anime something that takes courage?
May 30, 2023 2:07 AM
May 2023
Hi friends, I love manga stories.

More topics from this board

» 'Diamond no Ace: Act II' TV Anime Sequel in Production

Vindstot - 9 hours ago

14 by RobertBobert »»
2 hours ago

» 'Detective Conan' Creator's 'Yaiba' Manga Receives New Anime

Hyperion_PS - May 7

22 by Lambofgenesis »»
8 hours ago

» Winners of the 48th Kodansha Manga Awards

Snow - May 15

13 by tragedydesu »»
8 hours ago

» Smartphone Game 'Garena Free Fire' Gets Anime Project

Hyperion_PS - May 12

45 by PPL_CaLL_Me_DUDE »»
Today, 4:31 AM

» 'Tsue to Tsurugi no Wistoria' Unveils Additional Pair of Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
Yesterday, 10:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.