Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 13, 2023 6:59 PM
Mar 2021
I thought Gurren Lagann will have a happy ending, lol. In the last moment, Nia just disappeared and All the hard work that Simon has put in order to rescue his lover and it was all for nothing. Any good fanfic recommendations where they get a happy ending would be useful
Mar 13, 2023 7:10 PM
Aug 2021
oneforall1234 said:
I thought Gurren Lagann will have a happy ending, lol. In the last moment, Nia just disappeared and All the hard work that Simon has put in order to rescue his lover and it was all for nothing. Any good fanfic recommendations where they get a happy ending would be useful

What happened to the MC at the end is sad and all however, you must always remember.

Row Row fight da powah.
Mar 13, 2023 7:14 PM
Sep 2020
A amazing story needs a amazing ending and Gurren Lagann was kinda unexpected, If a "and them everyone was happy" thing happened it would be very predictable, so i really like the ideia of the Ending
Mar 13, 2023 7:28 PM
Sep 2014
I dont think it'd be my favorite anime ever if he ended up with Nia. i loved the end. his freedom, that he was fighting all his life for, with Kamina and Yoko, was directly tied to the eventual demise of the woman he loved. I thought it was all about change, that show, even until the very end. Just my own thoughts
Mar 13, 2023 7:38 PM
Oct 2020
Agreed, they kind if shit on the MC for no reason.

I wish they atleast gave a better reason for him leaving everything behind and going into isolation.

Like he ends up with zero credit and lost all of his friends and family. For what reason? Just a weird ending for him tbh.
Mar 13, 2023 7:46 PM
Mar 2021
FeelsLikeDboss said:
I dont think it'd be my favorite anime ever if he ended up with Nia. i loved the end. his freedom, that he was fighting all his life for, with Kamina and Yoko, was directly tied to the eventual demise of the woman he loved. I thought it was all about change, that show, even until the very end. Just my own thoughts

Simon's resolve is just on another level when he lets Nia just disappear and makes a strong statement that he will never revive any person with Spiral power, big salute to him
Mar 13, 2023 9:21 PM
Feb 2022
imo the ending was perfect, When I saw kittan die like Kamina it really made me feel like MC will have his for some reason but the went out like this was totally unexpected, I really liked the Ending.
Mar 13, 2023 9:58 PM
Dec 2021
oneforall1234 said:

This ending is so depressing 😢😢😢😢
Mar 14, 2023 12:06 AM
Feb 2022
what is more intresting is if it was i happy ending
Mar 14, 2023 2:39 AM
Sep 2013
Was it all for nothing? Or maybe it wasn't?

I think the point was that she could die happy, in her husband's arms, rather than as a puppet imprisoned in her own body.
It was a price they all had to pay for everyone's freedom, even if freedom for Nia meant she had to go in the end. It's a good ending, one that doesn't just give everyone a happy ever after, but nevertheless leaves the characters and the audience with hope for the future (or, like in your case, leaves you wondering what could have been). So, the show stays with you even after you've finished watching.
Maybe you could use those feelings to write an alternative ending yourself? ^^
Mar 14, 2023 6:13 AM
Nov 2020
Bijou146 said:
oneforall1234 said:

This ending is so depressing 😢😢😢😢

I think it’s kind of hopeful for the future . But I teared up a bit 😢
Mar 14, 2023 9:29 AM

May 2021
Nia was mever meant to be with him,simon accepted it and chose to move on.
guren lagann on its core,is a story about optimism and will power,so imho,it was the best ending that the show could have gotten.
Mar 14, 2023 9:37 AM

Sep 2020
I can't even remember the ending LMAO

Arteta's Tricky Reds!

Mar 17, 2023 3:10 PM
Feb 2021
I think it’s kind of a roundabout way to how Simon dealt with losing Kamina. Kamina was really important and was the main reasons Simon kept fighting and piloting Gurren Lagann, without him he would’ve just stayed underground, and when Kamina died he was so distraught that he just retreated into an apathetic and depressed shell of what he was.

It took him a long time to recover and heal from that, so to see him make peace with losing someone who he loved and was with longer than Kamina shows how much he’s matured and learned to deal with emotional loses like that. Even if it’s not perfectly happy, I think it takes away from the show if Nia lives in the end, I don’t think Simon would be as good of a character if she stuck around, even if it’s sad

More topics from this board

» Too much sexism and homophobia here, I feel bad

Dije - May 10

23 by KayKimii »»
May 10, 9:40 AM

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

accela - Sep 29, 2007

1152 by LinaThePotion »»
Apr 25, 5:01 PM

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Krelian - Apr 25, 2007

204 by Trash_Monkeyy »»
Apr 16, 11:27 AM

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

windy - Aug 19, 2007

174 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 1, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

TheWestExit - Aug 6, 2007

217 by AbyssGundyr »»
Mar 31, 5:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.