Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 13, 2023 6:54 AM

Jul 2017
Finn finding himself being saved by a mysterious woman accompanied by her dog, and knowing the Card, means that she's also a Player...but a fellow High Carder?

The rest made it back except Finn and Chris @ Polostick, and while Chris is thoroughly tortured by Jasper looking for his Card and Alex keeping a lookout for Finn, the woman's history with High Card goes way back. Aya Tawawa, the former High Carder of the Jack of Clubs power along with the former colleagues, the organization back then was a ruthless one with Theodore at the forefront of Pinochle. While she definitely knew Chris as the son of her former colleague Tyler who's gravely injured from an accident, trying to deal an X-Hand of 4 cards to save his life, that's the only way to revive him, but a very dangerous approach that sacrifices the Player's life in return the more Cards are being played. Seeing all of the death flags within High Card, she chose to quit on her own voluntary decision and lived in recluse of regrets.

Finn essentially sent to get more Cards back, meeting Aya was a total coincidence that she could rest her Card's future upon the new rookie, but the Klondke Family's Alex's unfriendly welcome forced her to activate her past endeavors, that, with Chris's magnanimous save...forced him to draw his hand upon Finn.

What a low blow of a cliffhanger though...
KANLen09Mar 13, 2023 7:31 AM
Mar 13, 2023 7:12 AM

Oct 2018
Man, Bianca Belair really let herself go
~Spiritual Healing~

Mar 13, 2023 7:27 AM

Mar 2020
Backstories and a brutal cliffhanger, and that decision to shoot Finn so he wouldn't know his past was certainly a baffling choice. I think with the next episode being centred around Chris, I'll pass my judgment on all this next week. A very dialogue-heavy episode with a new character, Aya, who has an interesting ability where she can pull objects in her direction.

I'm not sure where we're going with this with two episodes remaining...
Mar 13, 2023 7:34 AM

Dec 2018
wow, what an emotional episode, and there are still lingering questions.
Mar 13, 2023 8:36 AM
May 2021
so confused about that ending. what didn't chris want finn to know? just what exactly happened to chris in the past? surely finn didn't actually die from that, right? not sure how this is going to work itself out in the next two episodes, so assuming we'll be left on a cliffhanger till an inevitable second season, which kind of blows
My 2023 candies:
Mar 13, 2023 8:44 AM
Oct 2021
KennaIsANerd said:
so confused about that ending. what didn't chris want finn to know? just what exactly happened to chris in the past? surely finn didn't actually die from that, right? not sure how this is going to work itself out in the next two episodes, so assuming we'll be left on a cliffhanger till an inevitable second season, which kind of blows

Yeah plus how the hell did he know Finn found out, is Aya's cabin wire tapped?
Mar 13, 2023 8:46 AM

Feb 2019
Great episode of high card. Finally got Chris full backstory. He had a sad one like Finn, no wonder they make a great team. But wtf was that ending, i was thinking maybe Chris didn’t want Finn to know so he could take the cards and use them to bring his dad back on some DBZ type shit but he didn’t even collect Finn card after shooting him.. Chris themed episode next week so hopefully some answers
Mar 13, 2023 8:48 AM
May 2021
FrabicatedEntity said:
KennaIsANerd said:

Yeah plus how the hell did he know Finn found out, is Aya's cabin wire tapped?

fr, and assuming he's talking about his past-because that's the only thing i can really see it being-what is so wrong with finn knowing? chris knows about finn's past, so you'd think finn would have a right to know his. i can only assume something terrible happened and chris assumes finn was told about it but he actually wasn't
My 2023 candies:
Mar 13, 2023 9:11 AM

Jan 2019
Chris going full Colonel Sheppard at the end was pretty dumb, I assume the cards are invincible and the bullet hit Finn's card in his jacket pocket, but that will beg the question of why didn't Chris go collect his card right after shooting him.

Honestly the plot has been all over place, it's trying to juggle Finn looking for purpose and his past, Chris' past, the Klondikes causing chaos and High Card's leadership being corrupt; and it's doing none of them well.

Mar 13, 2023 10:32 AM

May 2019
ForeverTraitor said:
Chris going full Colonel Sheppard at the end was pretty dumb, I assume the cards are invincible and the bullet hit Finn's card in his jacket pocket, but that will beg the question of why didn't Chris go collect his card right after shooting him.

Honestly the plot has been all over place, it's trying to juggle Finn looking for purpose and his past, Chris' past, the Klondikes causing chaos and High Card's leadership being corrupt; and it's doing none of them well.
Good point about the bullet hitting Finn's card (I'm also assuming these cards are indestructible) so a thought I just had was maybe Chris is playing 4-D chess or something and wants Aya to think that Chris killed Finn? That would kind of explain why he didn't go and collect the cards. Otherwise I have no idea why Chris would shoot Finn but regardless it should be explained in the next episode.
Mar 13, 2023 10:39 AM

Jan 2011
i was thinking for some time that this series d be more interesting if the High Card group wasnt just the good guys so i welcome this development
Mar 13, 2023 11:23 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
I think Chris has discovered a way to save his sister by doing the same thing that his father did to save him by using X-Hand. Chris already has three cards in his possession and now he will have four after taking Aya's card from Finn. Chris shot Finn just to knock him out of the picture because he knew that Finn was going to try and stop him.
Mar 13, 2023 11:54 AM

Jan 2021
Finn got saved by Aya and her dog, what an gal. Chris got tortured by Jasper the whole time because Chris wouldn't tell where his card is apparently. 

The backstory from Aya was interesting as well, from how she joined High Card to when she left for good to live in the mountains, it was sad to see one of her colleagues getting shot to death tho. 

Alex still wanting to end Finn & Aya for their cards, which failed because Chris ended Jasper and then came to the rescue and ended Alex as well, also what the fuck happened? Chris thought let me turn an 180 and just shoot Finn out of nowhere because he didn't want Finn to know, are you even serious, I hope Finn lives still. 

To end like that on a cliffhanger, I have no words.
Mar 13, 2023 4:00 PM

Sep 2021
Aya is yet another great side character in this show! She has a very interesting backstory with how she joined High Card for fun only to lose track of who she really is and questioning everything. I'm glad she managed to settle down with her dog. Her ability is super cool too.

The whole history of High Card, Theodore and all was very nice to see as well. With Vijay and Wendy up to go rescue Finn and Chris, it's interesting to see what Leo's decision will be. Whether he will follow the order, like his father, or his feelings. 
Also, something tells me Theodore will not be a hero in this story. 

As for Chris... I'm not sure what to say. I'm suprised he managed to escape from his captor. I guess there was this head smack, but that doesn't untie him. Also, how was his card nowhere to be found? AND WHY WOULD HE SHOOT FINN? 
With the X-Play Healing backstory of his, I was expecting that he might have the ulterior motive of using that on his sister, but that doesn't explain this. 

This episode brings up many questions once again, but with next episode's title "CHRIS", I guess there will be awnsers next week. 

Oh, and there is no way this show will finish with Episode 12. As far as I know, it has no direct source material, so I'd expect an instant announcement for Season/Cour 2 at the end of the last episode, like in Birdie Wing. 
Mar 13, 2023 6:26 PM

Dec 2022
loved that espionage style jazz track playing during the fight. very James Bond Bebop
Mar 13, 2023 8:03 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Oh shit, that cliffhanger. What happened to Chris? Is this related to his father? I highly doubt Finn died from that though.

The finale is gonna be interesting.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Mar 13, 2023 9:18 PM

Oct 2011
If this anime was actually well written, I would enjoy these kinds of twists and cliffhangers, but since it's just the Finn and Chris show at this point, I'm forcing myself to keep watching. What a train wreck of a show. I think Finn spends more time on his ass then on his feet.
Mar 13, 2023 11:37 PM
Feb 2021
In the beginning of the series, I was skeptical of Chris but then I stopped suspecting him and then BAM he shoots my boy Finn smh. I'm sure Finn is good though considering he didn't bleed when he was shot, most likely the bullet hit his card which protected him. Due to the mission, Chris realized that Finn was going to find out the truth of his past from Aya and knew that he was gonna have to betray him soon which explains why he was acting weird in the last episode on the train. I'm sure that his plan is to collect the cards to perform x-hand and heal his sister. He shoots Finn probably because he doesn't want him to figure out his plan and try to stop him or tell on him to High Card because Theodore would definitely put a stop to him. I bet the whole reason for Chris to even join High Card was for this very reason. Also what happened to Chris's Calorie High card? The klondike dude couldn't find it and he isn't healing himself. I'm gonna bet that he lost it, Finn finds it, Chris goes back for it, and they fight for it. Find out next time on Dragon Ball Z!
Mar 14, 2023 7:10 AM

Dec 2017
I will be very very confused if they don't do a second season/cour to this anime, because as of right now the plot has progressed little in comparison to the actual goals set.
Mar 15, 2023 5:30 AM

Jan 2021
Just when I thought it was getting fun again, Chris suddenly shot Finn. I'm not really a fan of this kind of development...

There are only two episodes left before the finale, and the next episode will focus on Chris (again). Even with one episode left, there won't be an episode that focuses on Vijay... I'm really sad.

Mar 15, 2023 6:45 AM
Feb 2021
whatlike wat huh wat very wat
Mar 15, 2023 11:25 AM
Jan 2018
The episode was alright but this show really passed off some damaged goods as brand new and sold it to us. This show pretended to be 9 out of ten when really its a 6 to 7 at best.

It really needs to be stated how weird Finn Oldman's deal is. He starts off as an orphan who has to steal to survive and off screen turns into an in shape sniper who can pull the W in all kinds of situations. But they don't show how he got this way. The don't even give us an exposition dump. Why didn't the writers just start him off as a badass with doubts and bring the other stuff in as the season went by?

This show is a disgrace to parody Kingsman. 
Mar 15, 2023 11:36 AM
May 2011
MFDOOMED said:
The episode was alright but this show really passed off some damaged goods as brand new and sold it to us. This show pretended to be 9 out of ten when really its a 6 to 7 at best.

It really needs to be stated how weird Finn Oldman's deal is. He starts off as an orphan who has to steal to survive and off screen turns into an in shape sniper who can pull the W in all kinds of situations. But they don't show how he got this way. The don't even give us an exposition dump. Why didn't the writers just start him off as a badass with doubts and bring the other stuff in as the season went by?

While I agree that the show has gone downhill after episode 1, I think Finn has been very consistent. He's introduced as street smart and perceptive with good eyes, and now he has a power that utilizes his vision. Also, I'd hardly say he has been pulling "W"s. He gets bailed out a lot by other characters or just straight plot armor
Mar 15, 2023 2:23 PM
Jan 2018
Fail_Man_X said:
MFDOOMED said:

While I agree that the show has gone downhill after episode 1, I think Finn has been very consistent. He's introduced as street smart and perceptive with good eyes, and now he has a power that utilizes his vision. Also, I'd hardly say he has been pulling "W"s. He gets bailed out a lot by other characters or just straight plot armor
I feel what you are saying but why is he competent and in shape? He only just figured out his power, which could be the reason why he gets bailed out so much. If anything, the Sun Fields fight is the way he should be fighting without training. In Kingsmen, the movie this anime is inspired by, the MC has to get to a point where he can do cool shit. Because where he starts isn't enough to play with the big dogs. But in this anime Finn knows what to do and when to do it. 

Every story explains why people can do what they do. Even the other members of High Card had to go through some sort of training to get where they are at. Other than the Indian guy we don't know anything about. If Finn is the newbie who has to figure this world out then we need to see him figure it out. Not have him leave and come back with the fundamentals. Because now there is distance between the audience and the guide because he's not like us anymore. That's how guide characters work.
Mar 15, 2023 9:49 PM
Oct 2019
Another twist near the end of the season.

I think Chris gonna use the X-Play to save his sister like his father did in the flashback.
Mar 16, 2023 12:14 AM
Aug 2021
WHY THE FUCK HE SHOTS HIM
Mar 17, 2023 6:39 AM
Nov 2020
just perfect... was not expecting that lol
Mar 17, 2023 1:52 PM

May 2018
Ooooooh man that was unexpected of Chris, him  shooting Finn, now WTF was he thinking?
Mar 17, 2023 4:30 PM
Dec 2018
Chris driving skoda gen2 was amazing XD
Mar 21, 2023 10:51 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
What? He shooted!!! why? Next episode!!! kekeke
Mar 21, 2023 9:35 PM

Nov 2012
Was not expecting that twist! Finn got shot in the card hopefully.
Mar 27, 2023 2:17 PM
Nov 2011
It's a fun time but don't expect the world from it
Apr 23, 2023 9:16 AM
Apr 2023
Literally one of the best character development animes with backstories ever.
Jul 19, 2023 8:17 AM
Aug 2021
One Chris backstory is surprisingly dark. He is tougher than he looks he took that entire beatdown like it was nothing then escaped and dropped kick a man after jumping out of a moving car. BUT BROOOOOOO WHAT WAS THE ENDING? HE SHOT FINN. All because he found out the truth about his past????????
Jul 26, 2023 9:43 PM
May 2023
WHAT JUST HAPPENED
Jul 31, 2023 5:51 PM

Feb 2018
Wth Chris..? Thought we were all homies here :/ didn't expect this to happen
May 1, 11:29 PM

Aug 2019
Noooo Chris

I'm so conflicted

More topics from this board

Poll: » High Card Episode 12 Discussion

KANLen09 - Mar 27, 2023

42 by Sun_Chan »»
May 2, 12:15 AM

Poll: » High Card Episode 11 Discussion

KANLen09 - Mar 20, 2023

27 by Sun_Chan »»
May 1, 11:53 PM

Poll: » High Card Episode 9 Discussion

KANLen09 - Mar 6, 2023

24 by Sun_Chan »»
May 1, 11:05 PM

Poll: » High Card Episode 8 Discussion

KANLen09 - Feb 27, 2023

41 by Sun_Chan »»
May 1, 10:41 PM

Poll: » High Card Episode 7 Discussion

KANLen09 - Feb 20, 2023

37 by Sun_Chan »»
May 1, 10:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.