Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 7, 2023 4:16 AM
Oct 2020
Just asking a simple question. Does GX hold more nostalgia but its overrated than DM? To me its me its motly nostalgia that this season get's overhyped than the writing.
Mar 7, 2023 7:24 AM
Sep 2015
For me, and mind you im a dude who is not well versed with what people think about any yugioh season except the first one, GX is the closest yugioh have gotten to being a good anime. The anime starts very slowly, with the mc being as stereotypical as possible, then the story along with the mc start moving more and more into darker settings while fleshing out characters and giving more depth.

Imo it can never be an overrated anime coz it actually deserves the praise it gets. Its not about nostalgia at all, its about how good the story was, and the story was on point with balanced bits of realism and fiction.. but tbh, not a lot of people watch it as much as they should. They instead watch the classic yugioh or "DM" and thats just a big meh to me.
Mar 7, 2023 2:32 PM
Dec 2019
DM, GX, and 5ds with a side of zexal are the only real good yugioh series, none of those 3 are overrated, they all made yugioh what it is for a lot of us, idc what people think is or isn’t overrated but GX is not overrated, it’s a yugioh staple, one of the big 3 of yugioh.
Mar 7, 2023 4:42 PM
Jan 2013
GX is good but when it’s bad, it’s really fucking bad. The filler episodes were fucking stupid, especially when you add the 4kids dub into the mix. Duel Monsters had the same issue but even then I feel like GX had it even worse
Mar 8, 2023 7:12 AM
Oct 2020
cueynuts said:
GX is good but when it’s bad, it’s really fucking bad. The filler episodes were fucking stupid, especially when you add the 4kids dub into the mix. Duel Monsters had the same issue but even then I feel like GX had it even worse
''The filler episodes were fucking stupid, especially when you add the 4kids dub into the mix. Duel Monsters had the same issue but even then I feel like GX had it even worse''
Dude, 4kids wasn'ts it fault. The dub wasn't that bad just chessy i am talking about the original subs since its mostly bad. I have nothing against 4kids or its localization since people back in the day refuse to shut up about them.
Apr 21, 2023 8:38 PM

Aug 2019
GX is among the most criticized YGO series (after Zexal and those horrible Rush Duel series) for being full of filler, neglecting its characters (Misawa and Asuka in particular), being nonsensical, and a bunch of other things. It's only the dub that is somewhat liked due to nostalgia and it basically being a parody dub, but most people who know the series well enough to actually talk seriously about it rarely have few good things to say about it, so it's not really overrated.
Apr 24, 2023 3:55 AM
Oct 2020
Early_Morning said:
GX is among the most criticized YGO series (after Zexal and those horrible Rush Duel series) for being full of filler, neglecting its characters (Misawa and Asuka in particular), being nonsensical, and a bunch of other things. It's only the dub that is somewhat liked due to nostalgia and it basically being a parody dub, but most people who know the series well enough to actually talk seriously about it rarely have few good things to say about it, so it's not really overrated.
Also, Season 3 and 4 are the most overrated seasons.
May 28, 2023 4:41 AM

May 2020
All i know is Neos sucks!!!

A pure Hero deck is so much better overall on its versatility of fusions & doesnt return to the fusion deck!!!

& this is also true in a competitive standpoint!!!
" Kindness can sometimes lead you to trouble. "

May 28, 2023 4:59 AM

May 2020
zeramon said:
Hitagi__Furude said:
All i know is Neos sucks!!!

A pure Hero deck is so much better overall on its versatility of fusions & doesnt return to the fusion deck!!!

& this is also true in a competitive standpoint!!!
The anime is its own thing, it is not the real life TCG. Neo Spacians were decent at the time of the series, even if Masked Heroes are a million times better. Hating on GX just because  one card the MC uses doesn't function like it does in the real TCG is stupid reason. By this logic I should hate on DM and 5Ds because Yugi and Yusei, their entire decks are bullshit too.

Im not sure if Neos was decent by the time it was released,

& this comes from someone who played casually & competitively (& grew up mostly using E-Heroes) since 2005!!!

^^That i ended up preferring to use E-Heroes over Neos when playing in GBA & DS!!!

Masked Heroes is much more stronger & broken though!!! "Uhmmmmm.... Dark Law"

Yusei actually has a competitive deck & i mean Junk & Quasar which are actually strong at the time it was released!!!

Same goes with the main casts of 5D's!!!
" Kindness can sometimes lead you to trouble. "

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters GX Episode 22 Discussion

IntroverTurtle - Apr 28, 2013

12 by RodxD »»
May 20, 3:17 PM

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters GX Episode 6 Discussion

IntroverTurtle - Apr 27, 2013

15 by RodxD »»
May 17, 2:01 PM

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters GX Episode 3 Discussion

IntroverTurtle - Apr 27, 2013

14 by RodxD »»
May 17, 3:31 AM

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters GX Episode 2 Discussion

Tennouji - Mar 17, 2013

13 by RodxD »»
May 17, 3:06 AM

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters GX Episode 117 Discussion

IntroverTurtle - May 3, 2013

10 by Angelo-cunha »»
Apr 29, 8:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.